Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 4,850

KarrotMan

Haul of the week. Really excited about this, so many gems I wanted to own and not just play "while riding on a large australian bird". Got most of these during a local Retro Game community anniversary festival.
Untitled
I got an old vanilla Wonderswan which might be a futile purchase because of the next few items but it was cheap and it looks great.
Untitled
Always loved the polygonal look of StarFox and its main theme has to be one of my favorite VG tracks from any game.
Untitled
I always said Zero Mission was my fave Metroidvania, maybe Super Metroid will change that.
Untitled
Super Mario All-Stars is also a neat game even if I've played the original NES versions sans Lost Levels. I personally love the 16 bit upgrade.
Untitled
Lastly, I got Rock Man and Forte: A Challenger from the Future along with a Wonderswan Crystal. This has to be the highlight for me, and I was lucky enough to find this at a reasonable trade value.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

NinChocolate

@Karakato Just bought the GBA cart of Mega Man & Bass today!

Also bought today:

Metroid Fusion cart
Golden Sun Lost Age cart

NinChocolate

JCnator

This afternoon, I was initially going to purchase a PS4 bundled with The Last of Us Remastered. None of the stores had any PS4 system up for sale as far as I know. I went to a retro gaming store that I didn't actually knew it existed, hoping I would find one but to no avail. When I entered, I thought it was just an ordinary current gen video game store on the likes of a smaller GameStop/EBGames after I saw some Xbox 360 games on my right. Upon further exploring, I noticed the only RetroN 5 available for sale (about 199$ CAD) and then the older games showed up. There's not many of them compared to the previous store I went last month, but there were also a very few Atari 2600 games.

What I actually bought is a boxless complete N64 and four of these loose cartridges to reignite some more N64 retro gaming. I compared each of the game's price with eBay and found out that most of them could be obtained for a bit less than half the price they charged us. This is why I really should consider investing time on eBay for a considerably cheaper and interesting method of obtaining more retro games. The only exception to the rule of overpricing is Mischief Makers, which was priced more accordingly to the trend. I should be thankful that these games are at least usually considered to be better than average, so the purchase still somewhat worth the effort regardless. Here's how much I paid for what I bought:

• Grey N64 with AV Cable, Controller and Power supply (59,99$ CAD)
  • Pilotwings 64 (19,99$ CAD)
  • Beetle Adventure Racing (19,99$ CAD)
  • Mickey's Speedway USA (19,99$ CAD)
  • Mischief Makers (14,99$ CAD)

JCnator

mystman12

Went to G2k Games and got a boxed copy of Doctor Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for Genesis, (I actually had them move a cart from a different store for me, but the day they received the copy, someone came and traded the boxed copy in!) Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey and Big Race USA for Playstation, and Donkey Kong Country 3 for GBA. (Dat David Wise soundtrack though)

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

KingMike

You know where Waldo is? I guess sometime in the next week he should get his striped-shirt butt on a plane from Japan to go to my Super Nintendo.
(okay, I guess those of you in the rest of the world might call him Wally, if you even remember him)
It's a more story-intensive(!) game than the one America got (which was honestly kind of pointless because the book would be a lot cheaper and infinitely higher resolution ).

And also America Ultra Quiz, after I watched Tomato play it, as well as Dragon Buster II.

KingMike

the_shpydar

My latest additions, a bunch of eBay grabs over the past week or two:

Untitled
Robotech: The Macross Saga (GBA) (with manual): I absolutely love Robotech to an unhealthy degree. This game is a pretty good shmup, with a great art style and excellent chiptune versions of the classic series music. It's pretty quick game (10 levels, which are all fairly short), but the multiple characters (and unlockables) encourage many playthroughs.

Untitled
Spider-Man (aka Spider-Man vs The Kingpin) (Genesis) (CIB): Pretty good game, about the same level as the Hulk game for Genny. Captures the 90s-era of the comic quite well.

Superman (Genesis): This game is not good. Just tremendously unbalanced in terms of "cheap difficulty". I didn't even want this game really; it basically came as a freebie along with the CIB Spider-Man i grabbed. I might actually end up trading this into the retro store.

Untitled
Rival Turf (SNES): Can cover art get any more epic? A good beat 'em up, not great, but good and enjoyable.

Untitled
The almighty Colecovision Super Action Controller (aka The Boxing Glove of Doom)! I've wanted one of these for a while, and finally grabbed it. You simply cannot deny how awesome this thing is.

I'm also still waiting on Psycho Dream for SuperFami to arrive, which i am very much looking forward to.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

I'm surprised some of those food prices haven't changed as much as I'd have expected over 27 years.
I didn't know they had Double Stuff Oreos in 1987, I thought those were a '90s creation.

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

I'm surprised some of those food prices haven't changed as much as I'd have expected over 27 years.
I didn't know they had Double Stuff Oreos in 1987, I thought those were a '90s creation.

yeah im still waiting for them to sort out the packaging issues
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

KingMike wrote:

Double Stuff Oreos actually first came out in the mid-70s or so.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

VmprHntrD

I've dodged buying anything Nintendo 8/16bit cart based all year up until the last couple days, but it was more of a convenience thing if anything. Two days ago found Talespin in a dust slip for $10. Today it was a store I had $50 in credit at and a 10% off coupon, so taxed at $7 I got Adventure Island 3 (in a plastic clamshell with most of the box inside it cut up wrecked) and also Shatterhand. Not really sure on the second, love AI3 though, only one of those I do.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

the_shpydar

All the way from Japan, this lovely finally arrived today:

Untitled

Psycho Dream (SuperFamicom) - just played a tiny bit so far to make sure it worked, and it is awesome. I need to read up some more on it so i actually know what i'm doing.

Strange note, the seller also included in the package a random Japanese Dragon Ball trading card game card of Goku's Spirit Bomb for some reason. I have no idea why.

On the download front, i also grabbed Castlevania Chronicles for PS1 on my PSP — and holy crap is it amazing.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

All the way from Japan, this lovely finally arrived today:

Untitled

Psycho Dream (SuperFamicom) - just played a tiny bit so far to make sure it worked, and it is awesome. I need to read up some more on it so i actually know what i'm doing.

Strange note, the seller also included in the package a random Japanese Dragon Ball trading card game card of Goku's Spirit Bomb for some reason. I have no idea why.

On the download front, i also grabbed Castlevania Chronicles for PS1 on my PSP — and holy crap is it amazing.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

One of the few times I have ever bought a game for collection purposes over enjoyment is now.
Karaoke Studio for the Famicom, just for being an oddball licensed cart. It'll go great with me Nantettate Baseball.
Got a Famicom game of every regular (licensed) shape now, just missing a couple other one-off a kinds.

KingMike

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

Big Spender coming through! Womp womp!
My older NES RF switch sizzled out last week. I fired up a game of Amagon, only for the picture to turn into a total Grey Fiz storm 5 minutes in.

you will never, ever beat amagon.

the_shpydar wrote:

Troggy

The Gamecube version of Puyo Pop Fever for the small sum of £3.

'The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is' - King Dedede

NintendoFan64

Mach Rider. The Smash Bros. character leak got me interested.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

HandheldGuru97

I got a nice little haul over the last few weeks
first and foremost this little beauty:
Untitled
(Note not my image just pulling it up for those who haven't seen one)
A Sega Nomad for.............$60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy at the game store I frequent wanted $90, but I managed to get it down! Now granted it didn't initially come with the battery pack so it went from being cheap to very expensive in a flash, but I love it. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the Game Gear. I have a little Genesis collection so far, having picked up Genesis 6-Pak, Ecco the Dolphin: Tides of Time (CIB with passwords!), Sonic 2 (CIB I think..anything else come with the game back in the day besides the manual???), Final Zone, and PGA Golf ll (CIB)
Also got King of Fighters '95 Japan Cart and....Catrap for $3.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Each) Also nabbed a few Game Gear games nothing to fancy on that front. Overall I've had a good few weeks!

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic