Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 4,850

StarBoy91

What makes Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse, World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, and The Great Circus Mystery starring Mickey & Minnie better than The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse for me personally is this: all three of those games did not take place in a dream (or rather, one in which it was revealed to be a dream at the end of the game with no prior hint or foreshadowing that it was a dream to begin with). The Great Circus Mystery, even though the buildup wasn't as great as the original's, I felt that this sequel had a much better payoff and one that was actually satisfactory. "But The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse was Capcom's first Mickey pl--", bull crap, does not excuse the poorly executed "it was all a dream" cliché! It doesn't!

To each their own

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

KingMike

WanderFan91 wrote:

I do recall a superficial mini-blurb printed about it in a 2003 Game Informer magazine

Who cares about a Disney game, anyways?
I mean, you have preordered Call of Duty, Manhunt, Max Payne 2, Madden 04 and Tony Hawk's Underground, right?

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

the_shpydar

Time once again for another episode of The ShpydarhaulTM:

Untitled

Gun.Smoke (NES) - I love this game; also, i blame @8bitSamurai for mentioning it in chat and thereby making me buy it when i saw it.

Mendel Palace (NES) - I know nothing about this game except that it's a puzzler, it's Game Freak's first game, and it's fun.

Untitled

Ghost House (Master System) - On the format that will never die, the Sega Master System Card!

The Ninja (Master System) - Gotta love that box art.

Untitled

Mr. Do (Atari 2600) - This version is beyond horrible. Awesome.

<yet another copy of> E.T. (Atari 2600) - Because i gotta catch 'em all.

Meanwhile, still waiting on my Ys IV cart ...

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Gun.Smoke (NES) - I love this game; also, i blame @8bitSamurai for mentioning it in chat and thereby making me buy it when i saw it.

oh dont worry im gonna charge him out the rear for that copy of battle kid. it went from free to "mortgage my house status"

the_shpydar wrote:

<yet another copy of> E.T. (Atari 2600) - Because i gotta catch 'em all.

the_shpydar wrote:

Meanwhile, still waiting on my Ys IV cart ...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

you can alternatively get the famicom carts for little samson and panic restaurant.
or i can rent both to you for 3 days, just like back in the days! but shipping to cananda will be 700$
edit

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

the_shpydar wrote:

Time once again for another episode of The ShpydarhaulTM:

Untitled

That game actually has two different covers. I think yours is the less common (but it didn't seem like it was actually "rare" but if it was I'm sure ogo would find some way to add rare covers to his rare downloads program).
(unless you already knew that and collect cover variants besides just 2600)
Mine is the more common red cover.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

That game actually has two different covers. I think yours is the less common (but it didn't seem like it was actually "rare" but if it was I'm sure ogo would find some way to add rare covers to his rare downloads program).

oh. ive found a way. as long as i see even a small window of opportunity to step on someone elses toes to advance in life thats what im going to do.
its like lobsters in a boiling pot of water. they all climb on each other to make it out the hot water by using each other as a stepping stool.
see you guys at the top!
i mean bottom
rare downloads 4 lyfe-"spend yer money on us"

the_shpydar wrote:

3DS_excel

Have recently bought an n64 with goldeneye (of course). Also brought an old CRT to play it on. It's great! Gonna get some 4 player Goldeneye on the go tomorrow. And I have WWF No Mercy already on its way in the post

Mr Money In the Bank!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2208-5483

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

As long as your rental service ships free crystal pepsi and turtle pies in advance,
then i'm down like Pseudo Echoes funky town.

how about this instead?
Untitled
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

CanisWolfred

Wait, back up:

You saying Gun.Smoke is a good game? Crap, I saw that for $15 at a store the other day! Dunno when I'll have a chance to go back there, actually...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wait, back up:

You saying Gun.Smoke is a good game? Crap, I saw that for $15 at a store the other day! Dunno when I'll have a chance to go back there, actually...

It's pretty fun. $15 is probably the highest you'd have to pay for it though. It's not too rare so the asking price usually ranges from $5-10.

KingMike

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wait, back up:

Pretty fun, the only downside is, perhaps unavoidable control limitations. To shoot anything you have to move to the side and push A or B to shoot at 45 degrees or push them together to shoot head-on (which is kind of uncomfortable to do constantly). The PS2/Xbox port of the arcade version does use three buttons like it should.

KingMike

Ryno

Yo dudes! My latest:

Untitled
Whoops, sorry, thought this was PushSquare.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

@Ryno
nice score. silhouette mirage is difficult lol. make sure you mix yer mountain dew with red bull

the_shpydar wrote:

CanisWolfred

I have to say, I'm always astonished by Waveboy's vernacular.

Anyways, I bought SaGa Frontier. Again. Guess I got rid of my old copy. Which kind of works out since I thought I was getting SaGa Frontier II, but that's just the case the game is coming in. So now I'm going to have the right game in the wrong box, and now have to be on the look out for a SaGa Frontier case and manual without the disc...

Have I mentioned I hate eBay?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@Ryno
nice score. silhouette mirage is difficult lol. make sure you mix yer mountain dew with red bull

I can't believe Silhouette Mirage escaped my tweenage mega mits back when we suffered through that nasty first wave of 32-bit 3D CrazyCringe sauce. Seemed right up my alley too. Oh well, Rayman, Mega Man 8, MMX4, MMX5 & Tomba! were all great 2D fun in the sun.

sony japan didnt have the myth that america had about 2d games. japan had a lot of 2d ps1 games...

some of these can hit around 200 dollars or over

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

I thought Gunner's Heaven was released on PSN, but it looks like I'm probably wrong.
I must've confused it because there was a PAL version called Rapid Reload but the game I must've confused it with that is on PSN is Rapid Angel (a Japanese-only sidescroller that looks good and is probably worth getting anyways. I checked on what a physical copy would cost me and it was looking like $80 at least. )
I'm sure people have requested someone like Monkey Paw to get Little Ralph on PSN but it looks like that's not happening.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike gunners heaven is out only in japan, what a surprise.

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

@ogo79's: Those look like some pretty sweet PS games, to bad my PS and PS3 are not region free for PS games.

So enough about Sony, back to Nintendo:
This one is such a gem, still has the plastic on the box:
Untitled

And another classic SNES RPG:
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic