Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,881 to 2,900 of 3,408

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,881. Posted:

So much good stuff on page 144 though my favorite is either @ogo79 Pocket Power or @Waveboy MAC Tonight Mcdonalds Coke cup, though I would love to have a copy of Mega Man X3 myself like @Scarhino89!

So I got my copies of NA versions of Terranigma and Secret of Mana 2! My "Secret of" SNES trilogy is complete and yes I will included Secret of Mana, Secret of Mana 2, and Secret of Evermore together : ) Also my complete "Gaia Trilogy" collection is complete!

Untitled

Oh but what is this, a 4th games based in the loosely knit series?
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,882. Posted:

@Ryno: Totally jealous of you with the Secret of Mana 2. I wanted to pick up a copy from Timewalker but didn't get the money together before they closed. Guess I will just have to go another route to play it. ;) Btw not sure if you were joking or not but you do know that Secret of Evermore is not part of the Mana series. Granstream Saga is a great game still have my copy of it. Going to have to play that one again sometime soon.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,883. Posted:

"Secret of" games?
You got Secret of the Stars as well? :D
(I actually like that game even if nobody else does.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Karakato

2,884. Posted:

Haul of the Week

Untitled
Mega Man 7 and Mega Man X3 These will probably be the most expensive games I will ever purchase, though both were below the usual $100 tag. With these out of the way, I will have no problems getting X1, X2, MM Soccer and MM&B on the SNES. Also came with a neat MMX Tamagotchi RPG game which was released 1997.
Untitled
Space Invaders Virtual Collection, Space Squash & Teleroboxer Didn't spend anything on these VB games, but I lost half of my good DS games for these. Ah well, I can get them back if I ever sell one of the VB games above (Which go for alot according to ebay).
Untitled
Various other SNES carts The Set had Xardion and Super R-type in it and I knew those games were on my list. Also got a GB game "Rubble Saver" which is a neat early run'n gun game.

Okay, the past week was not kind to my wallet. A good chunk of my DS and 3DS collection (goodbye Solatorobo) had to be traded in not to mention that I will not be spending on anything other than food for quite some time. But who could resist the items at Low bargain prices?

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,885. Posted:

@Tasuki: Ha, yeah I know Secret of Evermore is not part of the Secret of Mana games but that is why I made up my own category of awesome SNES Square ARPG's! @KingMike, nope don't include Secret of the Stars and never will! :p

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,886. Posted:

@Karakato
Yes indeed you do have one of the Rare Four Japanese VB games.

There was a western version of Rubble Saver called Adventures of Star Saver. Good name change, who'd want to save rubble? :P

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,887. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I went to the Mall today and grabbed Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 for $9 each. They didn't have the first one, though, so I'm still waiting on Capn_Pancakes to tell me if he sent the first DKC so I can send him the money.

Tried both games out, and DKC2 made the best first impression out of the trilogy. A lot of the charm and the first two levels were very well designed. The third game is kind of blah in comparison. Something feels missing, but it's still really making an effort in some areas. It's sort of feeling more like DK64/Banjo-Kazooie in that there's a ton more to collect, inventory, a world map you can sorta move around in. It's definitely worth the purchase at least.

I just got Donkey Kong Country (GBA) in the Mail, and now I also have Donkey Kong 64!

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,888. Posted:

rushing beat shura for sfc aka the peace keepers for snes.
watch me shatter dreams in 7 minutes:
mr sniper reporting for duty sir
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Super-Famicom-RUSHING-BEAT-S...
:*
edit
i win i win i win.
id like to thank the fine folks for tuning in to another "i win you lose" episode.
id also like to thank the noob ebayers, better luck next time.
you have just lost to the hands of ogo79, thanks for playing and have a great day, cuz monday!
Untitled

Edited on by ogo79

now playing: cosmo police galivan-famicom/nes
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,889. Posted:

@ogo79 - ah, Rushing Beat Shura. Good game... but nowhere near as good as Rushing Beat Ran — Fukusei Toshi as far as I'm concerned.
@Ryno - have fun with Terranigma and Secret of Mana 2, especially the former! :) Only some of the best 16-bit A-RPGs ever made.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,890. Posted:

@WanderFan91
i think you must have missed the old passage where i mention every game i have becomes an automatic classic.
:*

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,891. Posted:

Went to couple of indoor flea markets this weekend and $20 later I walk out with all this.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,892. Posted:

^Crimson Skies is good stuff. Enjoy!

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,893. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Crimson Skies is good stuff. Enjoy!

Yes it's great. Already had it just bought it cause I got it for $1.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,894. Posted:

Ordered Final Lap for the Famicom just to have something to throw into the Retron 5's Famicom port.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

JCnator

2,895. Posted:

While wating for my RetroN 5 to arrive before the summer arrives, I just purchased 3 SNES games (with box and manual) from my nearest video rental service for less than $12 CAD : Super Tennis, Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball and The Ignition Factor. Sure, they're not at their greatest conditions but they might work for sure.

Untitled

JCnator

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5032-5582 | Nintendo Network ID: JCnator_U

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,896. Posted:

Well, Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball is pretty much considered one of the worst 16-bit basketball games ever made. I tried it once and had no idea WTF I was doing. But maybe with the manual, you can figure it out and get more enjoyment. :)
(on 16-bit games: I know Double Dribble for the NES is pretty hated on. Not too sure about its Genesis sequel with its very ridiculous name Double Dribble: The Playoff Edition.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

JCnator

2,897. Posted:

@KingMike I picked up Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball simply because it's so bad it's hilarious, possibly giving me some guilty pleasure. Oh, and there's two-player mode. I'll definitely take a better look on the manual to better understand the game, along with Internet.

JCnator

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5032-5582 | Nintendo Network ID: JCnator_U

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,898. Posted:

JCnator wrote:

@KingMike I picked up Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball simply because it's so bad it's hilarious, possibly giving me some guilty pleasure.

just pick any n64 game for that :D

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,899. Posted:

Picked up an Atari lot via eBay:
Untitled
Mostly commons — five copies of Pac-Man! — and many that I already have (which I'll end up trading in for credit at the retro shop), but I grabbed the lot mainly for the Activision games (particularly the CIB copies of Dragster, Dolphin and Oink!), the "61 Basic Math" cart (the original 1977 launch version of the game) and Atari Video Cube, which is a very rare cart.

Not to mention Deadly Duck, which as near as I can tell, is the epic story of LZ's adventures defending his home swamp from dastardly insects. :D

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,900. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Picked up an Atari lot via eBay:
Untitled
Mostly commons — five copies of Pac-Man! — and many that I already have (which I'll end up trading in for credit at the retro shop), but I grabbed the lot mainly for the Activision games (particularly the CIB copies of Dragster, Dolphin and Oink!), the "61 Basic Math" cart (the original 1977 launch version of the game) and Atari Video Cube, which is a very rare cart.

Not to mention Deadly Duck, which as near as I can tell, is the epic story of LZ's adventures defending his home swamp from dastardly insects. :D

@the_shpydar
oooh crackpots for the atari!
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote: