Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,861 to 2,880 of 3,056

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

2,861. Posted:

@WaveBoy I never would have, lol. It's mine now though, it actually still has it's original plastic wrapper that it came in, too. One day I'll have a room where I can set up a collection and might put the mat to use. For now, it'll stay wrapped up and packed away. It is kind of cool at least, for a floor mat. Heh.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,862. Posted:

@ogo
Heh, got that game last year. Bought it as soon as it was listed on a site. Next time I saw the site relist it, it was closer to the ebay price. :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,863. Posted:

@KingMike
yeah i just payed like 43$ for it lol
id be awesome to get the 2 arcade games on vc arcade...

Edited on by ogo79

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Karakato

2,864. Posted:

Untitled
Got myself a boxed copy of Jack Bros. Now all I need it a copy of Wario land and My VB collection will be complete (not really)

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,865. Posted:

back in the day when i was a younger vampire hunter i used to get this toy frequently. i think i had glo bones around 3 or 4 times throughout my childhood.
definitely one of my favorite toys holding sentimental value i ever had and thats saying a lot. i remember getting him for around 3 or 4 dollars at the store back in the 80's.
these past few years i have been checking him out on ebay looking into getting him again and adding him to my game room...ebay was asking around 90$ for an opened one. i used to think it would be awesome to find one at a garage sale...but today it happened...i found him on top of a garbage can. complete with all his weapons and all. to anyone who knows of this particular toy you know it is the best one in the whole series.
sega pocket power glo bones:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

back in my collection.
:)

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,866. Posted:

So two Sundays ago (16th) I imported two Nintendo 16-bit games: one SFC game from Japan and one SNES cart from Europe (a first). Since the latter hasn't arrived as I type this (hopefully it'll turn up this week), I only got the former. The SFC game I got was Super Bomberman 3, and while I won't say I'm a big Bomberman fan (I do like the NES original, Bomberman '93, and the platforming spin-off Bomberman Hero to a point) I have been itching to try some more in the series lately. And from what I've played, it's good, imo. Very colorful with catchy music, I like the way that it plays and the fact that there are varying animal helpers (one of them even jumps). I haven't finished it yet (I'm up to the boss battle on Planet 3), but I'm having fun with it atm. :) As we speak, this is the only chapter in the Super Bomberman quintilogy (or saga, to be more proper, as there are five iterations), but if I'm in the mood I may take into consideration experiencing another one of these (whether it be any one of the two previous games that did get a Western release, or whether it be any one of the two latter games that have remained Japan-exclusive). Who knows?

As for the PAL cart, I think I'll reveal its name once it comes, but if it doesn't come soon I may share what it is in a future post. What I will say about it is that it's a PAL-exclusive.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
Also a fan of Gravity and all things 16-bit
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,867. Posted:

There's a couple PAL-exclusive SNES games I've wanted but avoided because they're a bit more of a pain to get working on an NTSC console than Japanese games (and I hear in general PAL SNES games are more expensive).

For about $15 and shipping, I got General Chaos for Genesis, complete. Wanted to try it after hearing it's one of the better somewhat-obscure games. I'm guessing that was a good price. :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,868. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

Untitled
Got myself a boxed copy of Jack Bros. Now all I need it a copy of Wario land and My VB collection will be complete (not really)

I'm still kicking myself for selling my Mint US CIB copy of Jack Bros for $100, which is now going for over $400. Should of plunked that sucker in a plastic box and buried it in Kevin's backyard within the soily' depths of VideoLand!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

cherry_ds

2,869. Posted:

Bought a PS One with 5 games and a memory card for $16. As for my newest Nintendo purchase it was Pokemon Red which hopefully will come today before going to school so i have something to play during cl...I mean....Oh look World Famous Pugilist Tommy Ray Handley

cherry_ds

Twitter: cherry_ds

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,870. Posted:

gourmet sentai bara yarou:

Untitled

162$ later...

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,871. Posted:

Picked up Oddworld Abe's Odyssey today.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

cookiex

2,872. Posted:

Resident Evil 4 for Gamecube.Untitled

cookiex

AuthorMessage

Gold

2,873. Posted:

If DS counts as Retro now, Adventure Time DS.

Smash Bros. 4 Most Wanted (IMO)
1. Slime
2. Shulk
3. Rayman
4. Wonder Red
5. Mii

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,874. Posted:

Well I got a chance to sit down and try out the Dreamcast I bought everything works fine and I played some Sonic Adventure. So I guess time for what I think since I have never played a DC before.

OMG!!! The graphics, the voice acting (as bad as it is but that's not what I am getting at it's just the amount), the soundtrack to Sonic Adventure I can say I can see what all the hype is about this machine. Honestly if this system had the support and the library that the PS2 had Sega probably wouldn't have probably left the console industry. This thing at the time of the PS2 release clearly blows the PS2 out of the water. While I am not saying that the PS2 was bad the DC clearly at the time of the beginning of that Gen was miles ahead of Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft.

Now to get a few more games.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,875. Posted:

Preordered Dennis the Menace (the cartoon), Volume 1 on amazon when I ordered a couple PS3 games, Catherine (which I hear is good despite adult content) and Sonic Generations (something cheap to make the free shipping limit).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,876. Posted:

@KingMike
Very Cool, i completely forgot about that cartoon, I used to watch it frequently here and there growing up. Wasn't exactly one of my favorites per say, but it was definitely in the mid-tier level of Wavey's Cartoony picks of the golden age Vintage litter. B-) I actually picked this up a few weeks back >

Untitled
DuckTales as we all know was DuckTastic, but i always favored Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers! Don't get me started on how irritating it was trying to rent the NES game at my local video Store during it's release! Took me weeks before getting my hands on it.

Also...A pile of Vintage Super Mario, Legend of Zelda and Kid Icarus 1989 stickers. ;) I scored big time, Captain N 'king hippo' for the Willy wonka win baby. B-)
Untitled

And finally, A retro 1986 MAC Tonight Mcdonalds Coke cup. It was either this, or a california raisins mug. Either way you can't lose. ;) My 80's Cup/glass/mug collection is coming along quite nicely tee hee.
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,877. Posted:

I went to the Mall today and grabbed Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 for $9 each. They didn't have the first one, though, so I'm still waiting on Capn_Pancakes to tell me if he sent the first DKC so I can send him the money.

Tried both games out, and DKC2 made the best first impression out of the trilogy. A lot of the charm and the first two levels were very well designed. The third game is kind of blah in comparison. Something feels missing, but it's still really making an effort in some areas. It's sort of feeling more like DK64/Banjo-Kazooie in that there's a ton more to collect, inventory, a world map you can sorta move around in. It's definitely worth the purchase at least.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

2,878. Posted:

• Megaman Battle Network 3
  • Dreamcast (console)
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Sonic Adventure (the superior of the two games, IMO, which conveniently doesn't work in my DC... ;_;)

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,879. Posted:

• Picked up Mega Man X3 (SNES).

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,880. Posted:

@Scarhino89 - good luck with that game! You'll need it, believe you me.

Remember fourteen posts ago (2,866) when I mentioned that I also ordered a PAL SNES game? Well, good news: it's arrived yesterday! :) My first European SNES game ever, and it works on my Retro Duo (that's a plus). The game I ordered weeks ago was: Super Morph, and it's not bad, imo.

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
Also a fan of Gravity and all things 16-bit
23 and proud =)
To each their own