Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 4,899

Tasuki

Scarhino89 wrote:

@Ryno The Land Before Time! What a beautiful franchies of animated films! I love that series with Denver: The Last Dinosaur! ♥ But I prefer only the first, the second, the third, the fourth, the five, the sixth, the seventh, the eighth, the ninth and the tenth of The Land Before Time.

I hope this doesn't sound but you are the only person I have heard that has said that they liked the "other" Land Before Time movies. Foe me I can just only watch the first one. The other hundred we just bad.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

StarBoy91

@Tasuki - he's probably being facetious and pulling our leg. But if he isn't, I'd be curious to know why he feels about the way he does about the twelve DTV sequels? I'm not saying it's wrong if he does like them, it's his opinion, but even so one cannot help but wonder why?

I am StarBoy91, and I love all things 16-bit =)
My Backloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart
To each their own

CanisWolfred

Grabbed myself Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Supposedly its the game that makes the slog that is the first Golden Sun worth it. Hopefully I'll get to iot some time this decade...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Brutapode89

@CapnPancakes Sword of Mana! Best Action RPG of GBA! Very good choice.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

Tanuki

Rolling Thunder 2 (MD).

Tanuki

CanisWolfred

Scarhino89 wrote:

@CapnPancakes Sword of Mana! Best Action RPG of GBA! Very good choice.

I dunno, I didn't think Sword of Mana was that good. For a redux of the first Sword of Mana, it felt like a step down in every way except story, and even then the story wasn't as good as some other games on the GBA, such as Swordcraft Story. I'd personally keep my expectations for it low, IMO.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

ogo79

@KingMike
so whats up with that gourmet squadron you would have originally payed around 60$ for?
thats a steal if it came through...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

Got it, though I'm waiting to see if I can attempt to get my friend to play a game sometime.

I ordered some game called Super Variable Geo "new" from amazon from a Japanese seller. The game is probably a crappy fighting game but it has one of the most squandered-potential game titles (if anyone is thinking what I am) I couldn't resist based on that alone.

KingMike

KarrotMan

Alright, just got me some Barrel Rolling action with the original Starfox on the Super Famicom:
Untitled

I also nabbed three LCD games that were previously released as McDonalds Happy Meal toys two years ago at a Japan surplus outlet. Not sure what series the characters are from, but if anyone recognizes them, I'd like to know what they are:
Untitled

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

Got it

is it in good condition?
ill give you 100$ for it right now

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

I don't think I'm interested in selling, sorry. (I see the same seller has another copy for $71 and shipping. I'd link in a PM but I'm not seeing such a feature on this forum.)
For reference, the Japanese title is 美食戦隊 薔薇野郎.
I did also order Minna no Tabou no Nakayoshi Daisakusen loose for Famicom.
That's like the third Sanrio Famicom game I have. Because I admit they make some decent simple gameplay. I do not care about the characters.
(this one is two minigames on one cart: one is memory-matching but with enemies and walls and the other is like Yoshi's Cookie but more evil)
And also Popeye for the Famicom. Not Popeye's English but regular Popeye that I could get on the NES if I paid a few bucks more.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

the_shpydar

This week I got a whole mess of games:
Untitled
Kung-Fu Master (Atari 2600) — Complete in box and basically mint, another rare Activision cart GET!
Mario Bros. (Atari 2600) — this port is fascinating.
Batman (GB)
Star Wars (GB)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (GB)
The Battle of Olympus (NES)
Spider-Man 2 (GameCube)
and an insert for E.T. to get on of my boxed copies closer to completion.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

TIPS ON GETTING E.T. HOME FAST

I don't know man, it sounds like you're getting his entire species into your house pretty quick.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
i definitely know the real name of the game, but cant find where you got it.

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

had to get this right quick: nekketsu oyako
Untitled
UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

ogo79 wrote:

@KingMike
i definitely know the real name of the game, but cant find where you got it.

Okay, if you know the name then the site I got it from was rakuten.
Sorry I'm late in responding. PC got some malware, I hope it's gone now.
(new PS3 not wanting to login to PSN. Tried to log in on Media-Go on my PC to see if I could. No luck and my PC crashed. But I think AND REALLY hope that wasn't the source. )

KingMike

RancidVomit86

@CapnPancakes You will not be disappointed with Advance Wars. They are awesome.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic