Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,801 to 2,820 of 3,345

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,801. Posted:

I've never seen Land Before Time actually, but I may still have the yellow dinosaur toy around.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,802. Posted:

@KingMike And have you never seen Denver: The Last Dinosaur either?

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,803. Posted:

@KingMike - you never saw The Land Before Time? Get out!!! :D I'm just messing with you, one cannot expect everyone to have seen a certain movie or to have played a certain game, so it's cool. But seriously though, if you find the time, you should try to watch it, as it's a really good Don Bluth classic. :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
ActRaiser is the most overexposed Quintet SNES game ever!
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,804. Posted:

Scarhino89 wrote:

@KingMike And have you never seen Denver: The Last Dinosaur either?

I probably saw it on TV a couple times in the early 90s, but I don't remember much except the theme song.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,805. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Oh I'm ready for garage sale season again. I feel as if there has been a lack of post in here from me.

Garage sale season is the Bee's knees. Another man's trash is always wavey's treasure. ;)
I hope to find LIttle Samson For $2.00 and a giant crusty minty fresh bag of Monster in my pocket cool duder collectibles.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,806. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I hope to find LIttle Samson For $2.00 and a giant crusty minty fresh bag of Monster in my pocket cool duder collectibles.

light on samson, heavy on the moldy monster in my pocket collectibles.

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,807. Posted:

@ogo79
And even heavier on 'Sore throat Ghost' Egon Spengler figurines with Broken pop up ties. ;)

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

bit_bandit

2,808. Posted:

Just got a pretty messed up tribal (Urrg!) GBA-SP that I re-shelled in green.
Metal Gear Solid (GBC)
Ghosts and Goblins (GBC)
Speed Ball 2 (GBA)
Super Ghouls an Ghosts (GBA)
Also awaiting delivery of a PurpleTurf GBA from rose colored gaming.

I've only just (least week) found out about rose colored gaming and (the now closed) time walk... Are there any other, high-end, retro, refurb/re-design/re-boxing services out there?

Edited on by bit_bandit

bit_bandit

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,809. Posted:

Ahh, more Activision games ...
Untitled
Chopper Command (Atari 2600), blue label variant
Enduro (Atari 2600), blue label variant

Just 26 total Activision Atari 2600 carts left (including variant-label versions) 'till completion ...

Also, today I went Game Chasin' TM, and hit up an antiques store that I discovered about a half-hour away. Slim pickings on the gaming front (but they did have some cool stuff, including a TurboGrafx16 that I was very tempted to get), but I did pick up:
Untitled
Popeye (NES) with Nintendo-branded sleeve
Untitled
Green Game Boy Pocket

And on the non-gaming front, this little purchase that I'm sure @ogo79 will recognize immediately:
Untitled
Presto the Magician from the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon! I didn't even know they made these. There was also a Bobby the Barbarian, but in poor condition so I passed on it.

And finally (not pictured), I also snagged two Pink Floyd LPs (hail vinyl!) in great condition, "The Wall" and "The Final Cut" (for the record - pun intended - Floyd is my second favorite band of all-time, right after The Beatles).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,810. Posted:

Scarhino89 wrote:

@Ryno The Land Before Time! What a beautiful franchies of animated films! I love that series with Denver: The Last Dinosaur! ♥ But I prefer only the first, the second, the third, the fourth, the five, the sixth, the seventh, the eighth, the ninth and the tenth of The Land Before Time. ;)

I hope this doesn't sound but you are the only person I have heard that has said that they liked the "other" Land Before Time movies. Foe me I can just only watch the first one. The other hundred we just bad.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,811. Posted:

@Tasuki - he's probably being facetious and pulling our leg. But if he isn't, I'd be curious to know why he feels about the way he does about the twelve DTV sequels? I'm not saying it's wrong if he does like them, it's his opinion, but even so one cannot help but wonder why?

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
ActRaiser is the most overexposed Quintet SNES game ever!
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,812. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

And on the non-gaming front, this little purchase that I'm sure @ogo79 will recognize immediately:
Untitled

yes, as soon as i seen that my eyebrows raised lol.
there you go sir: http://www.dungeonsdragonscartoon.com/2012/10/portuguese-pvc-... :*
Untitled
Untitled lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,813. Posted:

Grabbed myself Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Supposedly its the game that makes the slog that is the first Golden Sun worth it. Hopefully I'll get to iot some time this decade...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

2,814. Posted:

^
What a coincidence, I just got Golden Sun: The Lost Age as well :O

I also picked up the first Golden Sun, Sword of Mana, Frogger's Adventures 2, and a couple of DS games.

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,815. Posted:

@CapnPancakes Sword of Mana! Best Action RPG of GBA! Very good choice. ;)

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

Tanuki

2,816. Posted:

Rolling Thunder 2 (MD).

Tanuki

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,817. Posted:

Scarhino89 wrote:

@CapnPancakes Sword of Mana! Best Action RPG of GBA! Very good choice. ;)

I dunno, I didn't think Sword of Mana was that good. For a redux of the first Sword of Mana, it felt like a step down in every way except story, and even then the story wasn't as good as some other games on the GBA, such as Swordcraft Story. I'd personally keep my expectations for it low, IMO.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,818. Posted:

@KingMike
so whats up with that gourmet squadron you would have originally payed around 60$ for?
thats a steal if it came through...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,819. Posted:

Got it, though I'm waiting to see if I can attempt to get my friend to play a game sometime.

I ordered some game called Super Variable Geo "new" from amazon from a Japanese seller. The game is probably a crappy fighting game but it has one of the most squandered-potential game titles (if anyone is thinking what I am) I couldn't resist based on that alone.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Karakato

2,820. Posted:

Alright, just got me some Barrel Rolling action with the original Starfox on the Super Famicom:
Untitled

I also nabbed three LCD games that were previously released as McDonalds Happy Meal toys two years ago at a Japan surplus outlet. Not sure what series the characters are from, but if anyone recognizes them, I'd like to know what they are:
Untitled

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.