Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 281 to 300 of 4,850

shinesprite

@MetalMario Ooh, I just heard about that game and plan to buy it in the next few months!

Edited on by shinesprite

shinesprite

salty1264

DavynD wrote:

Holy hell, I just hit the jackpot.
Untitled

I picked this mint-condition Pokemon Yellow GBC at my local thrift store for a mere $6. The box has the instructions, adverts, and everything! The Pokemon Yellow cartridge can still miraculously save game files, the console screen is nearly perfect... I just gotta say, wow.

youre so lucky i got a gba for 1.50

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

salty1264

MORTAL COMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

StuffyStuff

I picked up Jet Grind Radio, Rayman 2, Soul Reaver and Sword of the Beserker II today for my Dreamcast.

StuffyStuff

Ristar42

3 Megadrive / Genesis games:

Outrun - nice version and I like the 'step on beat' track.

Turtles: Hyper Stone Heist - sick of waiting for Turtles in Time on the VC, this is a great game and a nice remix of the two arcade titles. I dont own a SNES...

Shadowrun - This was never out in Europe and I've always wanted to play it. Really impressed with this game, the setting and atmosphere especially.

Ristar42

ogo79

splatterhouse for nes, splatterhouse 3 for genesis, an extra copy of battle kid: fortress of peril, tmnt hyperstone heist for genesis, tmnt 4 turtles in time for snes

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jaw51

I bought a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Crystal at a yard sale, but unfortunately Pokemon Crystal can't save.

There is no spoon
Welcome to die!

Lotice-Paladin

Magical Drop 3
Ufouria
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy

@Ristar42: I've been getting really into OutRun Arcade when I have the urge lately and am curious on how the MD version's drift mechanics work...since I haven't played that version in over 10 years! (I guess I liked it then too but due to its difficulty I only ever got halfway through the game at best!

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

noblo601

@jaws 51 - are you going to replace the battery?

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

shinesprite

Sonic Gems Collection. Got it last week. Now I won't have to worry about not being able to play Sonic R on the PC ( I upgraded to Windows 7, but the game is for XP and is devoid of the voice-overs).

Edited on by shinesprite

shinesprite

SuperToad

After much hesitation I finally gave in and got Super Monkey Ball 2.

SuperToad

ogo79

i finally got my Trolls in Crazyland for nes pal b, and a brand new Cocoron Famicom game boxed

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Lotice-Paladin

I forgot to add SEGA Classics Collection here for the PS2 that has the best version of the original Fantasy Zone.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

ogo79

dunno if you consider this retro because it was fan made however im waiting for this in the mail. he shall be hung to the wall with my EB shrine...Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Romstar

Dragon Warrior VII - PSone.

Romstar

Ristar42

@Starlight re: Megadrive Outrun, well, you cant 'drift' like in the arcade or on the Saturn due to the lack of analogue control (though as in the arcade, specific corners will automatically cause you to skid more than others).

It's a slightly simpler game as a result but still fun with a number of difficulty levels, decent music, well draw sprites and runs pretty smooth overall (in 60Hz at least). Also replicates the Japanese arcade version in the layout and ordering of courses, so no option to play the US / EU arrangement.

Edited on by Ristar42

Ristar42

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic