Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 4,899

KingMike

I... think... I ordered a Gourmet Squadron Barayarou cart (but I hope I didn't order three due to site issues, I can't afford that!), but I'm not paying the outrageous price for a complete. And also The Great Battle V while I find a not-super-insane-priced cart (since a physical copy of Wild Guns is out of my reach. half.com, why do you continue to taunt me with the false hope of "Buy for $14.99" At least their site is no longer telling me I can buy Surprise at Dinosaur Peak for $19.99.)

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

I... think... I ordered a Gourmet Squadron Barayarou cart (but I hope I didn't order three due to site issues, I can't afford that!), but I'm not paying the outrageous price for a complete. And also The Great Battle V while I find a not-super-insane-priced cart (since a physical copy of Wild Guns is out of my reach. half.com, why do you continue to taunt me with the false hope of "Buy for $14.99" At least their site is no longer telling me I can buy Surprise at Dinosaur Peak for $19.99.)

oh yeah, how much was gourmet squadron?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Furealz

I've bought NES Castlevania recently and on the last level of Super Castlevania IV. I've been thinking of getting Wrecking Crew and Clu Clu Land because of NES Remix but undecided because of the price. Nintendo needs to have a sale on VC soon....and for ones I don't already have! Bassturdz..

Furealz

Nintendo Network ID: Furealz

WaveBoy

TheZackIsGreat wrote:

The Karate Kid on NES

Bless your little 8-bit soul. I got rid of that one from my collection a couple of years ago. Everything about it just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. From the music, the SFX, those damn mini games which are next to impossible and the awkward D-pad jumping just killed it for me. I still beat it, but it's one nostalgic 'n nasty cart i'd like to forget! face it, the only reason to have Karate Kid in your collection is because of nostalgia or if you really realllly liked the movie.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

RancidVomit86

Untitled

Some reason I never bought this on DC. Rented it and enjoyed it with every intention of buying it but never did. Got it now though so all good.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

KingMike

ogo79 wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Before $63, after using some site credit, around $30 I think.
$40 for Great Battle V, which probably isn't a great price but still better than ebay.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

supermario182

i just got Soul Calibur II, Crash Bandicoot Wrath or Cortex, Sphynx and the Cursed Mummy, SSX Tricky, and Rainbow Six 3 for gamecube, for all under 40 bucks ( plus a free 10 dollar credit for getting a points card!)

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
my website
play my games and demos here!!

Twitter:

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Before $63, after using some site credit, around $30 I think.
$40 for Great Battle V, which probably isn't a great price but still better than ebay.

thats a great price on gourmet 63 or 30

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

WaveBoy

a brand spankin' new 1990 SMB3 Happy Meal Luigi Toy. This was the first SMB3 Happy meal toy I ended up getting back in glorious goolay 1990' which i fondly remember, when SMB3 was all the radical RAGE & when NIntendo ruled the world.....Which sadly isn't the case these days.. The only one that escaped my vintage grasp was none other than the pump fuled hopping Koopa Paratroopa. McDonalds never seemed to have it in! Anyhoo, this shall go nicely with my SMB3 Sky Land Happy Meal box.

Untitled

The Koopa Paratroopa in action. 0:25 Gawd, this commercial takes me back. Why can't Mcdonalds
commercials be this creative, imaginitive and wonderful like this anymore? What in the hell happened to Ronald, Grimmace, the Hamburgler, Talking McNuggets and all of the other characters that inhabited McDonalds Land that made McDonalds commercials so magical?

.... Ah well, That's the wonderful thing about YouTube. It's essentially a Nostalgic time capsule, and a reminder of how sucktastic the 2000's truly are. Same deal with 96-99.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

KingMike

WaveBoy wrote:

What in the hell happened to Ronald, Grimmace, the Hamburgler, Talking McNuggets and all of the other characters that inhabited McDonalds Land that made McDonalds commercials so magical?

Parents who can't tell their kids "no" when they whine to eat at McDonalds every time they see a commercial, put the blame on McDonalds for making commercials.

KingMike

ogo79

dont blame the fork! yer momma says yer just "tall at the waist" but i say yer just a lard a**!

the_shpydar wrote:

WaveBoy

KingMike wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

What in the hell happened to Ronald, Grimmace, the Hamburgler, Talking McNuggets and all of the other characters that inhabited McDonalds Land that made McDonalds commercials so magical?

Parents who can't tell their kids "no" when they whine to eat at McDonalds every time they see a commercial, put the blame on McDonalds for making commercials.

Put the blame on the parents for being slaves to their children and forgetting to tell their kids that there is a thing called 'balance' & moderation McDonalds commercials are pure a** these days, lifeless bland minimal soccer mom dribble, with cringe worthy jingles from Justin Timberlake taking a bite out of a big mac. Those were early 2000's i know, but damn....

Mcdonalds commercials haven't been awesome since 95' I'm pretty sure right after that or around that time, McDonalds Land & friends got blown up by Master Chief's BroRocket who was recruited by Soccer Mom Health United.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

KarrotMan

Now I'm playing with power... Super Intendent Power!

Untitled

I just got my first Retro console at a very, Very, VERY, reasonable price. Let's just say I got it for a full priced current gen AAA retail game. Games that came with this package:

• Donkey Kong Country
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • Donkey Kong Country 3
  • F1 Pole Position
  • Street Fighter II Turbo
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario World
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Super Game Boy adapter with a free Tetris

This term will be quite endearing for me.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Tasuki

@Karakato: Nice haul there. I can't help but notice that that is a NA copy of DKC, was that a mistake or can Super Famicom's play NA games?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

StarBoy91

@Tasuki - based on my knowledge about the Super Famicom and how it functions: no, it can't. So Karakato may have to search for the Japanese SFC cart Super Donkey Kong in order to play it on the Super Famicom.

And for that matter:
@Karakato - yay, you get to experience Super Famicom games, awesome!!! As someone who collects SFC carts myself, I have lots of recommendations for you... erm, if half of them weren't RPGs, heh heh. So here are the games I recommend you check out should you decide to explore more SFC goodness (from what I've played): Alcahest, Mickey & Donald: Magical Adventure 3, Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibōken, Pop'n TwinBee, TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventure, Libble Rabble, Shōnen Ashibe, DoReMi Fantasy: Milon no DokiDoki Daibōken (unless you already have it on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console, in which case right on!), and Wagyan Paradise (your impressions on this one may vary, but in my book it's one of the best Super Famicom games ever). Have fun with your SFC!

I also got the SNES game Yoshi's Cookie this week, and I think it's really enjoyable. A substantial improvement over Yoshi on the NES (don't take this the wrong way, Game Freak, I still like you as a developer; but honestly I feel that Bullet Proof Software has got the upper hand as far as Yoshi-themed puzzlers are concerned).

I am StarBoy91, and I love all things 16-bit =)
My Backloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart
To each their own

KarrotMan

@Tasuki Actually, the Super Famicom can play SNES carts... if you carve a rectangular hole in the game slot. I tested it and was able to play the SNES cart you see pictured.

@Starboy Thanks for the recommendations. Definitely interested in the Disney games, alot of great gems came from those IP's. Also want some Twinbee/Parodius action but does any game from the snes series have co-op? I'm looking for the perfect sh'mup for playing with a buddy so it's that or Gradius 3 for me. Also, I'm Looking out for Demon's Crest, Metal Warrioirs, Super Castlevania 4, Hagane, Run Saber, MM X 1-3, MM 7, MM&B and off course Chrono Trigger.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

StarBoy91

@Karakato - yep, both TwinBees for the Super Famicom support co-op, so you're set there! As for Parodius, I know that Gokujō Parodius - Kako no Eikō o Motomete can be played with co-op simultaneously (as opposed to alternatively like its predecessor Parodius Da! Shinwa kara Owarai e or the SFC version of Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius, though there's that option here too). I haven't played the latter, if only for the fact that I'm rather hesitant about that one (which says a lot considering how much I adore the insanity that are the other two Parodius games).

Edited on by StarBoy91

I am StarBoy91, and I love all things 16-bit =)
My Backloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart
To each their own

WaveBoy

Just bought a minty fresh GCN Purple controller off eBay because i wanted to replace my jet black GCN Controller. When you go GCN, you gotta go indigo! It's what makes that tiny little cube of wonders look so special. Besides, the GCN console that i own itself is indigo, so i obviously want it to match. Nothing special here boils & ghouls! And far from retro, at least in my eyes along with everybody who is in their mid to late 20's and onwards.

Untitled

@Karakato
Very nice! Glad to see that you finally came to your NeoAnime senses and snagged yourself an SNES. Those UK/Jpn SNES controllers are just another reminder of how bland the 'purple' buttoned NA ones that were unleashed outside of Japan and the UK. And i really need to get on Yoshi's Island, now that my retro set up is finally complete(my Vintage VCR player just popped in the mail yesterday tee heet)...Knowing me, i'll get it before Mega Man 7 since the price tag doesn't even hit half of what MM7 costs haha.

I guess I'm trying to cling to the fact that i still have one classic mega man console game left to play. sure i experienced a teeny bit of 7 during it's release, but i haven't full-on tackled it yet outside of the Intro+cloud man's stage.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

HankLangley

GOT GBA MICRO $36 bucks! w/ kirby and the amazing mirror . AWWWW YEAAAH

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

ogo79

@Karakato
run saber is good

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic