Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,721 to 2,740 of 3,040

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,721. Posted:

It used to be worth a lot, until it was digitally released on other consoles.

I ordered a Lunar 2 Sega CD-only. Might be it for that console.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Dave24

2,722. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

I bought Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast for $10 at my local yard sale. Best yard sale day ever.

Indeed! That's a game that usually goes for $40, even when it was still available online!

Well, now from what I understand it won't be availavle anymore, so I guess the price will go up again.

I bought Wario World for 10 euro - I've heard good things about it mostly, so I finally have a chance to try it out.

Dave24

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,723. Posted:

@KingMike Sega CD actually has some good games on it. Don't be so quick to write it off.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,724. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@KingMike Sega CD actually has some good games on it. Don't be so quick to write it off.

It's games are very expensive, though. It might be safer for his wallet to write it off after all...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Karakato

2,725. Posted:

Any opinions on the Gameboy Light's screen quality? I may have a GBA SP but I want the authentic experience of playing GB games on the brick. I have two options: Dismantle both my SP and GBC to make a Backlit GBC or track down a GB Light.

I don't want to resort to risk breaking both my systems so I want to know what your thoughts are for the GB Light.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,726. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

It's games are very expensive, though. It might be safer for his wallet to write it off after all...

Exactly. Many of the good games I've either got already or they're way too expensive.
Got Dungeon Explorer, Lunar 1, Vay, Shining Force CD, Lords of Thunder, Android Assault, Robo Aleste, Funky Horror Band (some bizarre JP RPG), Keio (JP. Was a little expensive, but nowhere near the US price). Don't have Sonic CD because I'm not sure if I need it as I already have a bundle of the PC versions of Sonic 3 + Knuckles + CD 1996 version.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,727. Posted:

Nothing too exciting here, But....Since the VHS player broke down on poor little Wavey 3 months or so ago, i decided to finally buy a replacement....er, just a few minutes ago. :P Here it tis', in all of it's glory in this Ugly Online eBay quickie photo. The guy could of at least set up a more appealing background. :P Not that it matters, but when i sell items on ebay i try to make a dazzling presentation, which typically leads to me throwing gaming goods on my bright pure white shag rug. ;)

Untitled

Anyhoo, I'm donatello 'n dieing to watch my VHS copies of Masters of the Universe, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and TMNT: Attack of the Killer pizza's.....I want that old school fuzzy 240i resolution and nostalgic warpy' sound bursting out of my retro set up. Man, as soon as i see that F.H.E(Family Home entertainment ) animated Log jolt up on the screen before Attack of the Killer Pizzas I'm going to go Ape Sh** nostalgic and freak the fido dido out! :o

Untitled

There was just something about that logo growing up that just stuck with me..... Same with the DIC kid. Magical stuff indeed. :P

Untitled Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,728. Posted:

Boooo... booo... booo... booom... deek. :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,729. Posted:

Buckle up kids, cuz Uncle Shpydar's got a whole buncha new old stuff. The first pic is online purchases (via eBay and NintendoRepairShop.com), and the rest are today's haul from Ye Olde Retro Shoppe ...

Untitled
Castlevania (N64) — let's see if this game is actually any good ...
The Mafat Conspiracy (NES) — the lesser known 2nd Golgo 13 NES game.
Replacement 72-pin connector for NES ... no more fiddling with carts for me!

Untitled
Super Mario Bros. 2 with manual (NES) — needed to have the original cart in my collection, plus the manual is in mint condition.
Top Gun — I don't care what James Rolfe says, landing the plane is NOT that hard. Did it on my first try when playing this for the first time in 20+ years.

Untitled
Nothing special with this batch, just some Activision games to fill holes in my collection:
Checkers (Atari 2600)
Enduro (Atari 2600)
Ice Hockey (Atari 2600)
Tennis (Atari 2600)

Untitled
More Activision games, but this batch are rare:
Grand Prix - blue label version (Atari 2600)
Rampage - rare (Atari 2600)
River Raid II - rare+ (Atari 2600)

Untitled
Commando - complete in box (Atari 2600) — slightly rare, and the box is in pristine shape. Also Activision (though you may recall that Capcom released the NES version of the game).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,730. Posted:

Too bad the third Golgo 13 game was never released, it seemed a lot better.

I placed an order for a CIB Dark Law. Not sure if paying extra for insured shipping from Japan helps me much, but I guess it's worth it for an expensive game. I think that was the last piece of my SFC-exclusive RPG collection (I think I still have a couple NA games left, that might be a little expensive but thankfully none of them are high-demand games).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,731. Posted:

@shpy
looks like youve been doing a lot of game picking upping

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,732. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

@shpy

That's the way game-chasin' go! ;)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

TheZackIsGreat

2,733. Posted:

Super Metroid
Super Punch Out

TKO

Nintendo Network ID: TecmoZack

AuthorMessage

DRL

2,734. Posted:

TheZackIsGreat wrote:

Super Metroid
Super Punch Out

And now you'll never need to do any more retro shopping ever again. Well, not really....but kinda! ;)

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,735. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Nothing too exciting here, But....Since the VHS player broke down on poor little Wavey 3 months or so ago, i decided to finally buy a replacement....er, just a few minutes ago. :P Here it tis', in all of it's glory in this Ugly Online eBay quickie photo. The guy could of at least set up a more appealing background. :P Not that it matters, but when i sell items on ebay i try to make a dazzling presentation, which typically leads to me throwing gaming goods on my bright pure white shag rug. ;)

Untitled

Anyhoo, I'm donatello 'n dieing to watch my VHS copies of Masters of the Universe, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and TMNT: Attack of the Killer pizza's.....I want that old school fuzzy 240i resolution and nostalgic warpy' sound bursting out of my retro set up. Man, as soon as i see that F.H.E(Family Home entertainment ) animated Log jolt up on the screen before Attack of the Killer Pizzas I'm going to go Ape Sh** nostalgic and freak the fido dido out! :o

Untitled

There was just something about that logo growing up that just stuck with me..... Same with the DIC kid. Magical stuff indeed. :P

Untitled Untitled

OMG the moment I saw that FHE logo that sound followed by that music chime popped into my head. Good memories indeed.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,736. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@shpy

you arent ever lying.
also, if i eat one more of these:
Untitled
im gonna die

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,737. Posted:

Okay I did buy another Sega CD game.
Silpheed. It looks kind of fun after testing it.
But I think Starfox still won the polygonal space shooter war of '93. :)

Now if I could figure out what's background and what's obstacles, I could avoid frequent GAME, OHVAAAR. :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

PrincessSugoi

2,738. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

WAAAYYYY too many feels right now from seeing this. Omg. Childhood, where did you go? ;______;

Current playlist: Weapon Shop de Omasse, Senran Kagura Burst, Hatsune Miku Project Diva F
Waiting to play: Ace Attorney 5, Rune Factory 4, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Disney Magical World, Siesta Fiesta

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,739. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@shpy

you arent ever lying.
also, if i eat one more of these:
Untitled
im gonna die

Yeah dude, that would absolutely destroy me....Well, maybe not as much as chocolate. But my IBS(irritable Battletoad syndrome) would definitely be shortcaked by Little Debbie the dummie. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

2,740. Posted:

Banjo-tooie, £44, you dont know how long ive been after this gem from my childhood :)

boxed too might i add.

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.