Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 4,874

Ryno

KingMike wrote:

Sweet, I got my Super Fighter copy of Nightmare Busters for the SNES today.

Awesome, looking forward to getting my copy. Also, looks like the price has gone up $10.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

I got a CD-only Android Assault for Sega CD. Should be getting a Robo Aleste disc soon and a CIB Dungeon Explorer.
Too bad the remaining good SCD games I'd want are quickly getting too expensive.
Has the AVGN made people want to start finding good games after he's ripped on a few examples of why the console was so disliked: FMV games and also-on-cart games with CD music (like Sol-Feace)?

KingMike

Tasuki

Ok so a trip to my local Retro game store yield for me

Untitled

as well as

Untitled

(Yeah I know the pic is the PAL version but I got the NA version)

I have been in a PS mode lately so I have been going back and picking up some PS one and PS2 retro goodieness.

@Ogo79: Oh and if you are ever in Northern California give me a shot the retro store had a complete copy of Earthbound for the low low price of $999.99

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

StarBoy91

@Tasuki - Spyro the Dragon is a very good game, and its two PS1 follow-ups are as well I hope you like it.

Does the downloadable service count? Oh well, I'll bring it up anyway. In the Nintendo eShop I downloaded The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for free (even though I have the GameCube original, I was curious to see how it looked in HD, and it looks gorgeous); I did that as soon as traffic cooled down (which was a full day and a half after Christmas). For the first time in over four and a half years I've downloaded some games from the Virtual Console, starting with EarthBound (which is so zany, quirky, and wacky it's really charming; I like it a lot so far ), then I downloaded Final Fight 3 (which I'm convinced right now is the best Final Fight, and a massive improvement over the Home Alone 2'd sequel to the first game Final Fight 2 It's got a plethora of moves, different paths, and is actually fun to play, imo). Then I downloaded Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (since I was intrigued by the fact that there were two arcade games in it--Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara, and so far I think it's okay; I do like the retro arcade feel of it though, and its visuals are really good). Several days later I downloaded Kirby's Adventure, and the next, Kirby Super Star; even though I have their remakes (Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land and Kirby Super Star Ultra respectively), I wanted to experience them in their original forms (compare and contrast, too). I only have enough points to download one more game, but I think I'll hold off on that (unless something catches my interest). I may still prefer to play games in physical cartridges (or discs, depending on the console); but it feels so good to download from the Virtual Console again (I took my time before downloading each game, so I'm glad I didn't spend all the points at once).

I am StarBoy91, and I love all things 16-bit =)
My Backloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart
To each their own

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

@Ogo79: Oh and if you are ever in Northern California give me a shot the retro store had a complete copy of Earthbound for the low low price of $999.99

so the wii u vc download should be 399.99.
thats all i see.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Moviefan2k4

I just scored a great deal from a guy on CraigsList today...

3 NES Control Decks
6 Nintendo brand NES Controllers
2 NES RF Switches
1 NES AC Adapter
2 Sega brand 3-button Genesis Controllers
1 "Dick Tracy" NES game cartridge (loose)
1 "Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt" NES game cartridge (loose)
1 "Super Spike V-Ball / Nintendo World Cup" NES game cartridge (loose)
1 "WWF Wrestlemania" NES game cartridge (loose)
1 "Mortal Kombat" Genesis game cartridge (loose)
1 "Sonic & Knuckles" Genesis game cartridge (loose)
1 "Spider-Man & X-Men: Arcade's Revenge" Genesis game cartridge (case but no manual)

Grand Total: $75

Edited on by Moviefan2k4

God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.

TecmoZack

I went to the local Movie trading co and picked up a few gems today.

Mutant League Football (Sega)
Mortal Kombat (Sega)
Robocop vs Terminator (Sega)

A link To The Past (SNES)

Dr Mario (NES)

Edited on by TecmoZack

TKO

Nintendo Network ID: TecmoZack

8BitSamurai

Not sure if it's that retro, but me and my brother went in for the first game haul of the year, did great, can't wait to get it all in the mail

A SEGA Dreamcast (With cables)
Two controllers
Two VMU's
SEGA GT
Grandia II
Sonic Adventure 2
NFL 2K2
World Series Baseball 2K1
NBA 2K
Virtua tennis

He got

An Xbox (With cables)
Two controllers (The revised, smaller ones)
Doom 3
Knights of the Old Republic
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '04
Halo 2
Links 2004
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Mechassault
Quantum Redshift
Blood Wake

The DC stuff cost $50, and the Xbox stuff was $80. Waiting on a PS3 we got a little bit ago, so I think we're both gonna be happy campers.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

mimi85

I have just won Shining in the Darkness (Sega Genesis, eBay).

And some days ago, I ordered some boxed GB games and a GBA sp (Mario vs. Donkey Kong design).

mimi85

CanisWolfred

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

I bought Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast for $10 at my local yard sale. Best yard sale day ever.

Indeed! That's a game that usually goes for $40, even when it was still available online!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

KingMike

It used to be worth a lot, until it was digitally released on other consoles.

I ordered a Lunar 2 Sega CD-only. Might be it for that console.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Dave24

CanisWolfred wrote:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

I bought Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast for $10 at my local yard sale. Best yard sale day ever.

Indeed! That's a game that usually goes for $40, even when it was still available online!

Well, now from what I understand it won't be availavle anymore, so I guess the price will go up again.

I bought Wario World for 10 euro - I've heard good things about it mostly, so I finally have a chance to try it out.

Dave24

RancidVomit86

@KingMike Sega CD actually has some good games on it. Don't be so quick to write it off.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

KarrotMan

Any opinions on the Gameboy Light's screen quality? I may have a GBA SP but I want the authentic experience of playing GB games on the brick. I have two options: Dismantle both my SP and GBC to make a Backlit GBC or track down a GB Light.

I don't want to resort to risk breaking both my systems so I want to know what your thoughts are for the GB Light.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/karakato_001]My Backl...

KingMike

CanisWolfred wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@KingMike Sega CD actually has some good games on it. Don't be so quick to write it off.

It's games are very expensive, though. It might be safer for his wallet to write it off after all...

Exactly. Many of the good games I've either got already or they're way too expensive.
Got Dungeon Explorer, Lunar 1, Vay, Shining Force CD, Lords of Thunder, Android Assault, Robo Aleste, Funky Horror Band (some bizarre JP RPG), Keio (JP. Was a little expensive, but nowhere near the US price). Don't have Sonic CD because I'm not sure if I need it as I already have a bundle of the PC versions of Sonic 3 + Knuckles + CD 1996 version.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Deleted84

Nothing too exciting here, But....Since the VHS player broke down on poor little Wavey 3 months or so ago, i decided to finally buy a replacement....er, just a few minutes ago. Here it tis', in all of it's glory in this Ugly Online eBay quickie photo. The guy could of at least set up a more appealing background. Not that it matters, but when i sell items on ebay i try to make a dazzling presentation, which typically leads to me throwing gaming goods on my bright pure white shag rug.

Untitled

Anyhoo, I'm donatello 'n dieing to watch my VHS copies of Masters of the Universe, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and TMNT: Attack of the Killer pizza's.....I want that old school fuzzy 240i resolution and nostalgic warpy' sound bursting out of my retro set up. Man, as soon as i see that F.H.E(Family Home entertainment ) animated Log jolt up on the screen before Attack of the Killer Pizzas I'm going to go Ape Sh** nostalgic and freak the fido dido out!

Untitled

There was just something about that logo growing up that just stuck with me..... Same with the DIC kid. Magical stuff indeed.

Untitled Untitled

Edited on by Deleted84

Deleted84

KingMike

Boooo... booo... booo... booom... deek.

KingMike

the_shpydar

Buckle up kids, cuz Uncle Shpydar's got a whole buncha new old stuff. The first pic is online purchases (via eBay and NintendoRepairShop.com), and the rest are today's haul from Ye Olde Retro Shoppe ...

Untitled
Castlevania (N64) — let's see if this game is actually any good ...
The Mafat Conspiracy (NES) — the lesser known 2nd Golgo 13 NES game.
Replacement 72-pin connector for NES ... no more fiddling with carts for me!

Untitled
Super Mario Bros. 2 with manual (NES) — needed to have the original cart in my collection, plus the manual is in mint condition.
Top Gun — I don't care what James Rolfe says, landing the plane is NOT that hard. Did it on my first try when playing this for the first time in 20+ years.

Untitled
Nothing special with this batch, just some Activision games to fill holes in my collection:
Checkers (Atari 2600)
Enduro (Atari 2600)
Ice Hockey (Atari 2600)
Tennis (Atari 2600)

Untitled
More Activision games, but this batch are rare:
Grand Prix - blue label version (Atari 2600)
Rampage - rare (Atari 2600)
River Raid II - rare+ (Atari 2600)

Untitled
Commando - complete in box (Atari 2600) — slightly rare, and the box is in pristine shape. Also Activision (though you may recall that Capcom released the NES version of the game).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.
CACODEMON.
Current E.T. count: 34 Copies. 4 Sealed, 14 CIB, 16 Cart-Only.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic