Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,701 to 2,720 of 3,330

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,701. Posted:

@Karakato Wow, that is amazing! Plus those games are all good stuff.

And hey, I didn't know you were in the Phillipines! That's cool. :O

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Karakato

2,702. Posted:

@Tasuki after playing a good deal with Wily Wars, I found the shots not as responsive as the nes games. In Magnet Man's stage in the NES game, I could destroy the giant spring enemies before they can fire a second homing Missile. But still, I enjoyed playing the games I love in a new aesthetic, even if it was not as vibrant as the NES games. I'll definitely nab a copy once the guy gets an extra cart just to introduce my friend to my fave Game series.

@CanisWolfred We've been acquainted for years now D: How could you miss that? :O

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,703. Posted:

I guess I've known you so long, I never had to check your profile. :P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,704. Posted:

Well, my girlfriend and I did our Christmas early since we are going to be busy all day Christmas day running around and after my depression over losing a game I had in the past she went out and bought it for me along with a indigo GCN since all I had was black and platinum.

Untitled

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,705. Posted:

@Karakato: Yeah I know what you mean about the shot thing. I am having minor problems with that due to it throwing my timing off like how you explained. Also I noticed that if I hit anything while in the Rush Marine it would cause Mega Man to exit the Rush Marine. Very much a pain in the Gemini Man stage.

@RancidVomit86: Nice buy there. I still have my copy of that and hopefully after the holidays I can get me a Gamecube.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,706. Posted:

Sweet, I got my Super Fighter copy of Nightmare Busters for the SNES today.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Nintenjoe64

2,707. Posted:

Does VC count? If yes it was Link to the Past. If no it was Metroid Prime 2. When the game arrived it was Metroid Prime instead. Very annoying.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,708. Posted:

That happened to me once - I bought a copy of Shadow Hearts 3 and I got Shadow Hearts 1. Only difference is that Shadow Hearts 1 was the better game and I didn't have it already. :P

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,709. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

cool

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,710. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Awesome, looking forward to getting my copy. Also, looks like the price has gone up $10.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,711. Posted:

I got a CD-only Android Assault for Sega CD. Should be getting a Robo Aleste disc soon and a CIB Dungeon Explorer.
Too bad the remaining good SCD games I'd want are quickly getting too expensive.
Has the AVGN made people want to start finding good games after he's ripped on a few examples of why the console was so disliked: FMV games and also-on-cart games with CD music (like Sol-Feace)?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,712. Posted:

Ok so a trip to my local Retro game store yield for me

Untitled

as well as

Untitled

(Yeah I know the pic is the PAL version but I got the NA version)

I have been in a PS mode lately so I have been going back and picking up some PS one and PS2 retro goodieness.

@Ogo79: Oh and if you are ever in Northern California give me a shot the retro store had a complete copy of Earthbound for the low low price of $999.99 :*

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,713. Posted:

@Tasuki - Spyro the Dragon is a very good game, and its two PS1 follow-ups are as well :) I hope you like it.

Does the downloadable service count? Oh well, I'll bring it up anyway. In the Nintendo eShop I downloaded The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for free (even though I have the GameCube original, I was curious to see how it looked in HD, and it looks gorgeous); I did that as soon as traffic cooled down (which was a full day and a half after Christmas). For the first time in over four and a half years I've downloaded some games from the Virtual Console, starting with EarthBound (which is so zany, quirky, and wacky it's really charming; I like it a lot so far :)), then I downloaded Final Fight 3 (which I'm convinced right now is the best Final Fight, and a massive improvement over the Home Alone 2'd sequel to the first game Final Fight 2 :) It's got a plethora of moves, different paths, and is actually fun to play, imo). Then I downloaded Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (since I was intrigued by the fact that there were two arcade games in it--Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara, and so far I think it's okay; I do like the retro arcade feel of it though, and its visuals are really good). Several days later I downloaded Kirby's Adventure, and the next, Kirby Super Star; even though I have their remakes (Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land and Kirby Super Star Ultra respectively), I wanted to experience them in their original forms (compare and contrast, too). :) I only have enough points to download one more game, but I think I'll hold off on that (unless something catches my interest). I may still prefer to play games in physical cartridges (or discs, depending on the console); but it feels so good to download from the Virtual Console again (I took my time before downloading each game, so I'm glad I didn't spend all the points at once). :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
ActRaiser is the most overexposed Quintet SNES game ever!
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,714. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Ogo79: Oh and if you are ever in Northern California give me a shot the retro store had a complete copy of Earthbound for the low low price of $999.99 :*

so the wii u vc download should be 399.99.
thats all i see.

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Moviefan2k4

2,715. Posted:

I just scored a great deal from a guy on CraigsList today...

3 NES Control Decks
6 Nintendo brand NES Controllers
2 NES RF Switches
1 NES AC Adapter
2 Sega brand 3-button Genesis Controllers
1 "Dick Tracy" NES game cartridge (loose)
1 "Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt" NES game cartridge (loose)
1 "Super Spike V-Ball / Nintendo World Cup" NES game cartridge (loose)
1 "WWF Wrestlemania" NES game cartridge (loose)
1 "Mortal Kombat" Genesis game cartridge (loose)
1 "Sonic & Knuckles" Genesis game cartridge (loose)
1 "Spider-Man & X-Men: Arcade's Revenge" Genesis game cartridge (case but no manual)

Grand Total: $75

Edited on by Moviefan2k4

God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.

AuthorMessage

TheZackIsGreat

2,716. Posted:

I went to the local Movie trading co and picked up a few gems today.

Mutant League Football (Sega)
Mortal Kombat (Sega)
Robocop vs Terminator (Sega)

A link To The Past (SNES)

Dr Mario (NES)

Edited on by TheZackIsGreat

TKO

Nintendo Network ID: TecmoZack

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,717. Posted:

Not sure if it's that retro, but me and my brother went in for the first game haul of the year, did great, can't wait to get it all in the mail :D

A SEGA Dreamcast (With cables)
Two controllers
Two VMU's
SEGA GT
Grandia II
Sonic Adventure 2
NFL 2K2
World Series Baseball 2K1
NBA 2K
Virtua tennis

He got

An Xbox (With cables)
Two controllers (The revised, smaller ones)
Doom 3
Knights of the Old Republic
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '04
Halo 2
Links 2004
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Mechassault
Quantum Redshift
Blood Wake

The DC stuff cost $50, and the Xbox stuff was $80. Waiting on a PS3 we got a little bit ago, so I think we're both gonna be happy campers.

Best YT show here!
Sony '06 - Still the best E3 ever.
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

Mitsuko_Chan

2,718. Posted:

I bought Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast for $10 at my local yard sale. Best yard sale day ever.

Edited on by Mitsuko_Chan

YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

mimi85

2,719. Posted:

I have just won Shining in the Darkness (Sega Genesis, eBay).

And some days ago, I ordered some boxed GB games and a GBA sp (Mario vs. Donkey Kong design).

mimi85

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,720. Posted:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

I bought Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast for $10 at my local yard sale. Best yard sale day ever.

Indeed! That's a game that usually goes for $40, even when it was still available online!

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~