Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,681 to 2,700 of 3,408

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,681. Posted:

NES_64 wrote:

My latest Retro Purchase is none other than 8-Bit Xmas 2013 from Retrousb. A new Homebrew game for the NES, where the cart is more interesting than the game itself. They are available until end of December.

Untitled

Video Link: http://youtu.be/dNGEDKJq_Nw

hello fellow retrousb gamer!
you got battle kid 1 and 2?
nomolos?

now playing: cosmo police galivan-famicom/nes
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,682. Posted:

Neo-GeoFan wrote:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH BOYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just took the plunge on a Sega Dreamcast!!!!!!!!!! I plop the picture down below, but I think I got a solid deal. One controller, one VMU, two games and all the hookups for $40 SHIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!! At the very least it is the cheapest I've seen a Dreamcast at in this condition in my hunt for one, so here is the bad boy itself...
Untitled
IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! Ahhh the dreamcast, from it's beautiful name, great logo, wonderful system design, unique looking controller, the innovative VMU which was ahead of it's time + Online felt far more next gen than the PS2 ever did which essentially felt like a PS1 dipped in black paint with more horse power. Anyhoo, You need to get on the first Power Stone stat! I'm still baffled that Capcom decided to ditch the franchise many years ago. I was never too crazy on the 4-player frenzy that was power stone 2, but the original was far more intricate and an amazing launch title to show off to your friends.

The Dreamcast launch brings back some pretty wonderful memories! Too bad the hype train that was the DVD playing PS2 completely sent it to the ghosts 'n goblins Grave. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,683. Posted:

@CountWavula: The PS2 didn't do anything to the Dreamcast Sega did it to themselves. Sega just couldn't repair the damage that the Saturn launch did that and the whole Genesis add on fiasco.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,684. Posted:

The Saturn did better in Japan, but Sega put another nail in the coffin when they told Japanese devs to stop supporting it because Americans weren't buying them.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,685. Posted:

@KingMike: Yeah thats what a co-worker of mine says too. He lived in Hawaii at the time of the Saturn and the DC and he said that alot of the best Saturn and DC games NA never got, he only got them cause he lived in Hawaii.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

MAB

2,686. Posted:

You can trust your homie MAB has all the greatest SEGA gear... Better believe yo ;)

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,687. Posted:

guess he doesnt.
im handsome.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Pianomanfreak

2,688. Posted:

I've got Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2 for the gameboy
and got Lunar Legend for the gameboy advance

My Youtube channel!

3DS Friend Code: 4425-2766-8363 | Nintendo Network ID: Pianomanfreak

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,689. Posted:

Dang, i can't find my Camera cable. I want to take some snappies of some of the retro goodies i picked up down at Toy Trade-....ahem, i mean videoland! uh, hehehe.. :P Anyhoo! I recently Just scored a loose TMNT Shredder figure off eBay!

Untitled

More Turtlelicious' eBay stock photo's from yours truley.....ribbit. :* I can't wait to get my NintenPower paws on this oh so nostalgic plastic treat that i've obtained from my rascally pee wee turtle days. Yet Even looking back, i was always a little bothered by Shredders look....He looked almost NOTHING like he did in the cartoon, since when was he ever shirtless? :P Ah well, the action figures themselves ended up looking like a merger between the comics and original cartoon series and nobody ever seemed to complain. lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,690. Posted:

@CountWavula: Man the figure of Shredder always upsetted me when I was a kid, the major fact as you pointed out is that he was shirtless? Like WTF was this some sort of Arnold Schwarzenegger Shredder??? I hated using that Shredder when I was a kid. I was really happy when they came out with the Super Shredder figure. Once I got that baby my Shredder action figure was retired to the bottom of the toy chest lol.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

RetroJosh

2,691. Posted:

Indiana Jones on the SNES. Nice little gem.

RetroJosh

Nintendo Network ID: RetroJosh

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,692. Posted:

It's kinda retro but kinda not. I recently bought Perfect Dark on XBLA cause it was only $1.99 figured at that price why not.

@Neo-GeoFan Congrats! Welcome to the utopia that is Dreamcast. Small library but an impressive amount of great games. Easily one of the best consoles ever made.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

mimi85

2,693. Posted:

Finally, I have got a boxed Mega Man X (SNES) and a coplete GBA sp AGS 101.
I am quite happy.

mimi85

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,694. Posted:

Oh man, I just entered a whole 'nother world.

Untitled Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,695. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Oh man, I just entered a whole 'nother world.

Untitled Untitled

enjoy yer gunmans proof, the satisfaction starts at the title screen.
fantastic game.

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,696. Posted:

Rendering Ranger was supposed to be called Targa in the west but, according to the creator, his publisher told him nobody wanted it (though he doesn't believe that).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,697. Posted:

Since I got my Christmas shopping done last night, I decided to hit up the retro shop today. Here's the haul:
Untitled
Jaws (NES)
Karnov (NES)
Rygar (NES)
R.C. Pro-Am with manual (NES)
Slalom (NES)

Untitled
Pitfall! - less common Blue Label version (Atari 2600)
Dragon Quest VI (Super Famicom)
^The first and only Fami/SuperFami game I own. I don't even have a SuperFami, but I couldn't pass this up.

Untitled
Nintendo 64 with purple/see-through controller
As some of you may know, my 64 is fugatched, so I decided to get a replacement until I can figure out what's wrong with my original.

Merry Retromas to you all! :)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,698. Posted:

I know one of the other regulars in this thread would say the problem with the N64 is that it's a N64. :P
(but I disagree :) )

I've ordered a Crash 'n the Boys cart.
Tried to make a retro-related purchase on another site only to find the site's ordering functionality is down.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Karakato

2,699. Posted:

Got two Megadrive carts as a Christmas gift for my friend who plans to buy one next year. The guy who sold me the games was kind enough to let me play his Megadrive which was awesome after playing through Wily Wars, Street fighter 2, some light gun game and Sonic & Knuckles. And to top that off, he also tossed in a free cart just because he's a nice guy.

Suffice to say, I'll be buying a modded Super Famicom (Plays all region games) from him next year.

Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,700. Posted:

@Karakato: You just reminded me that I need to finish Wily Wars.

My Backlog