Showing 2,661 to 2,680 of 3,408

AuthorMessage

MAB

2,661. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

This is very, very tempting. :*
Untitled

that definitely wont fit my alcohol in that little ole' thing, that looks like a quick friday night.
do they make them in barrel size?

Untitled

Mine is MAN SIZE... You can even go for a kill screen on it ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,662. Posted:

Import Metal Max 2 Reloaded. Sadly importing 4 after it becomes old is not an option, thanks region-lock.
Captain Ed for Famicom. A very strange (LOL Sony) shmup.
Labyrinth for Famicom. Someone made a (somewhat) Gauntlet-like run and shoot game based on a Jim Henson movie. And, I presume, the final boss is David Bowie. How very 1980s! :D Unfortunately that "someone" is Activision and Tokuma, the people who brought us Ghostbusters. Better set the expectations low. :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,663. Posted:

This favorite arrived today:
Untitled

Meanwhile, my NES had been a little touchy loading games lately, so I opened it up — for the first time in its 25+ year life — and cleaned the pin connectors and cleared out the accumulated decades-old dust, so now it works like new once again. However, my NES Advantage is having some major issues, as now when I press the A button it registers as pushing the Start button. :D Gonna take it apart and see if I can figure out what the issue is.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

rhyno601

2,664. Posted:

What method did you use to clean your nes?

I've just bought Zelda game and watch and greenhouse with battery covers and clasps intact. Can't wait to sit down and play with them :) one thing I have noticed is the difference in prices. You guys seem to get some great deals but it's all pricey in Australia!!!

rhyno601

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,665. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

This is very, very tempting. :*
Untitled

that definitely wont fit my alcohol in that little ole' thing, that looks like a quick friday night.
do they make them in barrel size?

get two, don't worry i wont tell mom! Fill one up with Ecto-cooler and the other with Pink Swimmingo Kool-aid. Then you'll be champin. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,666. Posted:

@rhyno601
Our resident expert on cleaning systems here is the almighty @ogo79 , but basically you can use q-tips and rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts, and maybe a can of compressed air to really blow out the ports and make sure there's no dust or hair in the ports. When I opened it up, I found that one of the reasons (probably the primary reason) my NES was acting iffy was because there was a long, ultra-thin, nearly invisible thread tucked into the cartridge port, which obviously was causing interference with the game contacts.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,667. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

@rhyno601
When I opened it up, I found that one of the reasons (probably the primary reason) my NES was acting iffy was because there was a long, ultra-thin, nearly invisible thread tucked into the cartridge port, which obviously was causing interference with the game contacts.

that wasnt no thread son! :*
but shpy is right. rubbing alcohol and compressed air will do a nice quick job

now playing: cosmo police galivan-famicom/nes
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,668. Posted:

Went to Toy Trader last night which has a butt load of vintage action figures from the 70's all the way up to the 2000's. I'll post some picks of my gnarly finds(mostly being 'loose' figures) whenever i find my silly camera PC cable. :* It's always 10x more more enjoyable going on the hunt and coming across an unexpected treasure from your child hood rather than going on eBay and gettng anything you want that's overpriced to begin with and having to wait weeks for it to arrive from video land in your loony tunes mail box. The loose figures in zip lock bags are where it's at, i don't need to pay premium price just to have every single little accessory. :P I got some great deals, things that would be DOUBLE the price on ebay.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,669. Posted:

@CountWavula: Sorry Holmes, if you are paying double brick and mortar stores on Ebay, then you are using eBay wrong. Retro themed stores are overpriced if you ask this this guy.

Got this recently:
Untitled

Any game that has a woody cabinet CRT TV on the back of the box I just have to get.
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Hilda

2,670. Posted:

Pikachu GBC, to replace my dead one. RIP li'l guy.

Oh, and I love you.

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

2,671. Posted:

I bought Mario's Picross and Super Breakout both complete for the Gameboy at a theft store for $3 each.

"I am a freedom fighter, the name that history wrote
And even through disaster, eye of the tiger for hope
I'm trying to find my way back, there's no day off for heroes
And even when I'm tired, "go" is the only word I know"

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

Hilda

2,672. Posted:

Ooh, a theft store. Curiosity Shop?

Oh, and I love you.

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

2,673. Posted:

Hilda wrote:

Ooh, a theft store. Curiosity Shop?

Curiosity Shop, no. Goodwill, yes. I meant to say thrift store.

"I am a freedom fighter, the name that history wrote
And even through disaster, eye of the tiger for hope
I'm trying to find my way back, there's no day off for heroes
And even when I'm tired, "go" is the only word I know"

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,674. Posted:

Hilda wrote:

Ooh, a theft store.

The Fortune Megastore had one. You mean your local mall doesn't?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

nintendork666

2,675. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Any game that has a woody cabinet CRT TV on the back of the box I just have to get.
Untitled

Now you're playing with fire!

XD!! Thanks for posting this, I've never seen it before. Hilarious!

my collection

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9002-5275 | Nintendo Network ID: Ndork666

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,676. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@CountWavula: Sorry Holmes, if you are paying double brick and mortar stores on Ebay, then you are using eBay wrong. Retro themed stores are overpriced if you ask this this guy.

Got this recently:
Untitled

Untitled

Keep in mind, that i use eBay Canada and it's severely lacking in terms of having domestic canadian sellers(For ex, you'll have maybe 30 US sellers selling Double Dragon II and maybe 2 from Canada or NONE.lol), to the point where i'm always buying from_US_ sellers and having to wait at least 12 business days to receive my funkalicious' item which is always a bit of a pain in the baxter stockman tooshie. ;)

I may have been taught well by master splinter, but my patience with purchasing items from the US at this point is ultimately BAD DUDES. I struggle to find good deals unless there's some bidding to be had.. Anyhoo, the downside to eBay aside from not getting your item instantly is that you're looking at a screen, scrolling down a web page with absolutely everything at your fingertips & anything can be had with the touch of a button. That hunt, just the fun in actually going to a thrift store, swap meet ect is totally Null and finding that hidden treasure or surprise is lost. Either way, i still use both. eBay's obviously more convenient and you don't have to waste Gas money haha, but it's not the same. Besides it's always more fun to get some sun or your face and communicate with them NintenZoids and retro toy fanatics. :P

But yeah, sweet buy. Breath of Fire's BoxArt sends me back to an early 90's vortex of when nintendo was so super.....Plus that inferior genesis with it's step down quality and awkward bulky black boomerang controller. I was never a big RPG fan, but i johnny blazed & gazed while my friend took on many of the SNES RPG classics such as Final Fantasy III(The most amazing imo), Earthbound, Super Mario RPG and Secret of Mana which is my personal favorite as it's not turn based. My michaelangelo ADD at the time didn't have an anchovi of a problem with that one! It managed to get past my Mario & mega man 'only' mentality. ;)......ribbit

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

2,677. Posted:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH BOYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just took the plunge on a Sega Dreamcast!!!!!!!!!! I plop the picture down below, but I think I got a solid deal. One controller, one VMU, two games and all the hookups for $40 SHIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!! At the very least it is the cheapest I've seen a Dreamcast at in this condition in my hunt for one, so here is the bad boy itself...
Untitled
IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,678. Posted:

Denver: The Last Dinosaur, you know. An U.S. -French cartoon. That cute dinosaur like the skateboard and the guitar. When I've seen the first episode to the Dailymotion site (Only in French version) the last year, I've not seen again an episode anymore for more 15 years. After, I can't grow tired of that series anymore. That's why I already bought these five volumes in DVD.

http://www.monstroshop.fr/545-3840-thickbox/denver-le-dernier...

I've seen episodes. I got hearts on eyes ♥

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

NES_64

2,679. Posted:

My latest Retro Purchase is none other than 8-Bit Xmas 2013 from Retrousb. A new Homebrew game for the NES, where the cart is more interesting than the game itself. They are available until end of December.

Untitled

Video Link: http://youtu.be/dNGEDKJq_Nw

Edited on by NES_64

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."
-
"How you get Pikachu on a Bus?". - "You Poke-e-mon!"

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7122-7211 | Nintendo Network ID: 72-Pins

AuthorMessage

mimi85

2,680. Posted:

My newest retro purchases are Shadowrun ans Story of Thor (Beyond oasis) for Sega Genesis.

mimi85