Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 4,850

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

@ogo79: Hmmm I guess that it's ok online. I know that one time Amazon priced something wrong but they still gave me and I assume others that purchased it the original listed price. Of course Amazon is a big time company not some low end sleazy crooks like the guys you used. I am sure that if Amazon pulled that kind of stuff that would be the end of them. Still odd thought that they could pull that off.

yeah, my point in focus was, they tried to run some game on me, it probably wasnt right in their part at all.
they did lose my business, and thats a loss, i will continue to let people know about them.
i won in the end, i got the mint game i was looking for.
but my word online, shall stain their name for eternity.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

A couple more Atari pick ups:
Untitled
Surround (I loved this game as a kid; gameplay-wise it's basically just a simple cross between a Snake and Tron lightcycles, though it predates Tron by 5 years)
Blackjack

Both carts are the launch versions of the games; when the Atari VCS came out in 1977, it launched with 9 games, and the end-labels had numbers before the titles (the production numbers of the games — note the "CX-2641" and "CX-2651" on the front labels). By 1978, the same games were released with the more commonly seen text end-labels. I'll probably try and get all 9 of the launch variant games, though I'd love to find them in box — the original 1977 boxes were gatefold-style, with the front opening like a book.

Meanwhile, just 14 carts to go until finishing the Activision 2600 collection!

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Ryno

@ogo79: I'm sure the "rare downloads" program will put those clowns out of business.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

Tasuki wrote:

@ogo79: Can they do that? Isn't that illegal I thought if a company makes a mistake price wise they have to honor it no matter what. I know its past the point but I am just interested how they could do that if it's illegal.

Yes, but you'd have to sue them to make them take it.
You probably won't find a lawyer willing to take the case on.
(now, if they didn't refund your money at least, that's a more serious crime and one I think you can report them for)

I remember when Nintendo listed Kirby's Adventure 3D a dollar cheaper on their website than it actually was. Nintendo did not give the lower price. Again, good luck suing them to get your dollar back if you paid.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

RancidVomit86

My recent pick ups.

Retron 5 bag - Free
Untitled
Baten Kaitos Silk Wallscroll - $8
Untitled
SNES - Free
Untitled
NES Games lot - $7
Untitled
Untitled
Crystal's Pony Tale - $5
Untitled
SNES Game Genie - $7
Untitled
Genesis model 2 - $5
Untitled

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

ogo79

@RancidVomit86
where did you get that retron 5 bag?
i was just looking at silk game scrolls myself, theres a couple earthbound and symphony of the night ones

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Mk_II

latest purchase: NES Famiclone with 2 controllers, Zapper clone, Turbo Card controller SNES console, 2 controllers, PSU, r/f cable, Super Scope & cartridge, Super Gameboy, Super Power turbo controller, Mortal Kombat III controller with 3 character move carts & manual. The Blues Brothers, Top Gear 2, Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate (+manual), Mighty Mophin' Power Rangers - The Fighting Edition (+manual), Kevin Keegan's Player Manager, FIFA '98 (+manual), Donkey Kong Country (+manual), Mortal Kombat 3 (label damage), Super Mario Kart, FIFA '97 (+manual), Jurassic Park, Super Mario All Stars, Street Fighter II (+manual), Aladdin (+manual), The Smurfs Around The World (+manual), Jungle Book, Choplifter III, Killer Instinct, Mickey Mouse Magical Quest (+manual).

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

RancidVomit86

@ogo79 went to a retro gaming convention Saturday and Hyperkin had a booth showing off the Retron 5. Giving away bags and stress balls when you walked up to it.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

baba_944

I bought a GBA SP charger. And after that, one of the GBA virtual console titles: "Metroid Fusion".

Who are you?

ogo79

@RancidVomit86
ah, i had a feeling thats where you got it. along with the other goodies lol

the_shpydar wrote:

RancidVomit86

@ogo79 Yea was cool. Got to meet Alphaomegasin, Pro Jared, Ort Pro, Billy and Jay from The Game Chasers, and the Nintendo Okies crew. Lots of good stuff on sale and found some sweet deals.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

KingMike

Mk_II wrote:

latest purchase: NES Famiclone with 2 controllers, Zapper clone, Turbo Card controller SNES console, 2 controllers, PSU, r/f cable, Super Scope & cartridge, Super Gameboy, Super Power turbo controller, Mortal Kombat III controller with 3 character move carts & manual. The Blues Brothers, Top Gear 2, Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate (+manual), Mighty Mophin' Power Rangers - The Fighting Edition (+manual), Kevin Keegan's Player Manager, FIFA '98 (+manual), Donkey Kong Country (+manual), Mortal Kombat 3 (label damage), Super Mario Kart, FIFA '97 (+manual), Jurassic Park, Super Mario All Stars, Street Fighter II (+manual), Aladdin (+manual), The Smurfs Around The World (+manual), Jungle Book, Choplifter III, Killer Instinct, Mickey Mouse Magical Quest (+manual).

PAL I guess (because Smurfs).
I don't know if the MK3 controller was any more common there, but that's gotta be a rare controller. (afaik it was only sold in the US by mail-order in magazines and it was pretty expensive. Like $50 for the controller and $15 each for the cards.
For reference, I remember the official SNES controllers costing about $10 at Target, but I think the official retail price was $20.)

KingMike

JCnator

I got 3 more games from some seller at eBay. Even if their condition isn't perfect, I'm surprised on how cheap some of the games are. Sure, they are in Japanese, but the upcoming RetroN 5 will be eventually able to use translation patches for these games via firmware update.

Untitled

From left to right on the picture:

• Bahamut Lagoon - $9,80 USD
  • Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-Kun (aka Kid Dracula)- $29,80 USD
  • Seiken Densetsu 3 - $15,80 USD

JCnator

StarBoy91

@JCnator - ah, Seiken Densetsu 3. Good choice! A vast and total improvement over Secret of Mana overall, and one of the best Super Famicom games you'll find.

To each their own

Ryno

I love me some Natsume! Awesome game this is...
Untitled

And here's another nice little game I picked up for a decent price though the box is a little below Ryno's normal standards. But this one is a little more rare than A Link To the Past so I got to take what I can get.
Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

KingMike

Ryno wrote:

I love me some Natsume! Awesome game this is...
Untitled

Quote GameStop guy when I bought mine "What the h is this?"

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Ryno

KingMike wrote:

Quote GameStop guy when I bought mine "What the h is this?"

Like bought it recenlty or back in the 90's when it came out? Did they have Gamestop back then even? Did you tell him it was awesome game that he probably couldn't get past the first level?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

@Ryno: I remember Gamestop coming in at the end of the NES era. Before than they were a store called Software Etc. before then they mostly dealt with PC games and stuff like that. Once video games took off big time and people knew they were here to stay (after the great crash) they rebranded themselves as Gamestop. Later on they ended up buying Funcoland and Electronics Boutique here in the States.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: I remember Gamestop coming in at the end of the NES era. Before than they were a store called Software Etc. before then they mostly dealt with PC games and stuff like that. Once video games took off big time and people knew they were here to stay (after the great crash) they rebranded themselves as Gamestop. Later on they ended up buying Funcoland and Electronics Boutique here in the States.

thats exactly what happened.
i used to get games at all those places myself back in the day. yet, ive never bought a game from gamestop

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

ogo79 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

thats exactly what happened.
i used to get games at all those places myself back in the day. yet, ive never bought a game from gamestop

Yeah I remember going into Software Etc. back in the day and seeing nothing but PC stuff there. Well since at that time I didn't own a computer everything was just exotic to me and I had no idea what half the stuff was lol. I usually bought my NES games from Toys R Us using the old ticket method if anyone remembers that. Even back during the SNES era I still bought more games from Toys R Us then any of those places, although I do remember going into Funcoland when they opened one in my area just to see what it was. I will admit I was awestruck by an entire store just for video games lol.

I actually didn't stat going to Gamestop till the PS era up till the middle of the PS2 era just as they started to turn into a bunch of crooks. Now I usually get my games from Amazon.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic