Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 4,899

Tasuki

@RancidVomit86: I remember watching Count Duckula on Nickelodeon at least I think it was Nick back in the late 80's when I went to visit my Grandma in Florida.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WaveBoy

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Meant to post this sooner but the talk of old cartoons made me order one of my favs from childhood.
Untitled
Of course I bought used cause new is kinda ridiculous.

Next I might move onto Danger Mouse.

Check this >
http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dap...
A Brand new copy of the first season of Count Duckula goes for $213 CAD. a used copy? $93 CAD. Either way, that's riDUCKulous. How much did you end up paying?

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

RancidVomit86

@CountWavula I ended paying $40 USD for a used copy. So not that outrageous but still more than high enough for a used set of DVD's.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

ogo79

got xexyz, bucky o hare, the lone ranger, batman, and pow for nes, and king of dragons and super scope 6 for snes for 12$.
the only ones im keeping is xexyz, bucky o hare, the lone ranger, and king of dragons. i got the other games to swap out the back parts of the cart.
just for bucky o hare and king of dragons at 12$ is a win.
in yo' face.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

ogo79 wrote:

got xexyz, bucky o hare, the lone ranger, batman, and pow for nes, and king of dragons and super scope 6 for snes for 12$.
the only ones im keeping is xexyz, bucky o hare, the lone ranger, and king of dragons. i got the other games to swap out the back parts of the cart.
in yo' face.

Your powers of sexiness have once again served you well in nabbing a sweet deal.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

in yo' face.

Your powers of sexiness have once again served you well in nabbing a sweet deal.

and i did it offline lol
i cleaned the ones up that needed it. good as new. whats funny is those 4 games im keeping used to be on my list and the odds of me finding them all at the same time was crazy.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

I don't know if I've ever played P.O.W. beyond the first stage but that is definitely one of the better 8-bit tunes.
And the missing button perhaps forced SNK to improve it over the arcade (I mean, in that one, is it possible to hit anything without jump-kicking? )

I keep forgetting I should probably buy the Famicom version of Xexyz even though I got a CI NES copy years ago when probably nobody heard of it (not even me until someone told me the game wasn't a Japanese-exclusive).

KingMike

Geonjaha

CanisWolfred wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

I just re-purchased Dragon Warrior III (GBC) off eBay. T'was hard to find considering it was never released in Europe, but it brings back great nostalgia from my childhood. First Dragon Quest/Warrior game I ever played. I never got far at all in it, so I'm going to finally get to play it through. >:3

You'll love it, man. It's probably my favorite Dragon Quest game after Dragon Quest V, and easily one of the best remakes I've seen.

With Dragon Quest V also being my favourite in the main series, I can see where you're coming from. I finally got off the first continent and I'm loving it so far, especially how much more difficult it is than most other DQ games.

I make Pixel Art on occasion, and sometimes sell them as Game Assets.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

WaveBoy

This is very, very tempting.
Untitled

WaveBoy

KarrotMan

I got two working Neo Geo Pocket Colors (Blue and Clear Green) and a defect unit. It also came with

• Sonic Pocket Adventure
  • Pacman
  • Neo Turf Masers
  • Dragon's Wild

Not a bad package for $35 (approx), I'd definitely pay that amount for the games alone too.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

ogo79

CountWavula wrote:

Untitled

that definitely wont fit my alcohol in that little ole' thing, that looks like a quick friday night.
do they make them in barrel size?

the_shpydar wrote:

MAB

ogo79 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

Untitled

that definitely wont fit my alcohol in that little ole' thing, that looks like a quick friday night.

Untitled

Mine is MAN SIZE... You can even go for a kill screen on it

MAB

KingMike

Import Metal Max 2 Reloaded. Sadly importing 4 after it becomes old is not an option, thanks region-lock.
Captain Ed for Famicom. A very strange (LOL Sony) shmup.
Labyrinth for Famicom. Someone made a (somewhat) Gauntlet-like run and shoot game based on a Jim Henson movie. And, I presume, the final boss is David Bowie. How very 1980s! Unfortunately that "someone" is Activision and Tokuma, the people who brought us Ghostbusters. Better set the expectations low.

KingMike

the_shpydar

This favorite arrived today:
Untitled

Meanwhile, my NES had been a little touchy loading games lately, so I opened it up — for the first time in its 25+ year life — and cleaned the pin connectors and cleared out the accumulated decades-old dust, so now it works like new once again. However, my NES Advantage is having some major issues, as now when I press the A button it registers as pushing the Start button. Gonna take it apart and see if I can figure out what the issue is.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

rhyno601

What method did you use to clean your nes?

I've just bought Zelda game and watch and greenhouse with battery covers and clasps intact. Can't wait to sit down and play with them one thing I have noticed is the difference in prices. You guys seem to get some great deals but it's all pricey in Australia!!!

rhyno601

WaveBoy

ogo79 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

Untitled

get two, don't worry i wont tell mom! Fill one up with Ecto-cooler and the other with Pink Swimmingo Kool-aid. Then you'll be champin.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

the_shpydar

@rhyno601
Our resident expert on cleaning systems here is the almighty @ogo79 , but basically you can use q-tips and rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts, and maybe a can of compressed air to really blow out the ports and make sure there's no dust or hair in the ports. When I opened it up, I found that one of the reasons (probably the primary reason) my NES was acting iffy was because there was a long, ultra-thin, nearly invisible thread tucked into the cartridge port, which obviously was causing interference with the game contacts.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

@rhyno601
When I opened it up, I found that one of the reasons (probably the primary reason) my NES was acting iffy was because there was a long, ultra-thin, nearly invisible thread tucked into the cartridge port, which obviously was causing interference with the game contacts.

that wasnt no thread son!
but shpy is right. rubbing alcohol and compressed air will do a nice quick job

the_shpydar wrote:

WaveBoy

Went to Toy Trader last night which has a butt load of vintage action figures from the 70's all the way up to the 2000's. I'll post some picks of my gnarly finds(mostly being 'loose' figures) whenever i find my silly camera PC cable. It's always 10x more more enjoyable going on the hunt and coming across an unexpected treasure from your child hood rather than going on eBay and gettng anything you want that's overpriced to begin with and having to wait weeks for it to arrive from video land in your loony tunes mail box. The loose figures in zip lock bags are where it's at, i don't need to pay premium price just to have every single little accessory. I got some great deals, things that would be DOUBLE the price on ebay.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

Ryno

@CountWavula: Sorry Holmes, if you are paying double brick and mortar stores on Ebay, then you are using eBay wrong. Retro themed stores are overpriced if you ask this this guy.

Got this recently:
Untitled

Any game that has a woody cabinet CRT TV on the back of the box I just have to get.
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic