AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,641. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@CountWavula Yep used to watch some Reboot a lot. It most likely won't hold up but it's good memories. I haven't seen it in long time so let me know if it does hold up at all.

Yeah, that's the thing. Sometimes it's better to leave certain things as just a great memory, because sometimes the things that you used to love just don't hold up or retain that magic it once had. Tom savini said it best,"There's nothing like seeing a movie through the eyes of an 8-year old" just as an example. :P

Yeah don't get me started on TMNT lol. Bought the DVD box set and all I can say is disappointment.

Haha, well i still love the older TMNT series(season 1-3 that is), i take it for what it is. It's not deep, it lacks emotion, it's never serious, comes off one dimensional, nor does it have any complex characters(RAPH 'could' of been) or epic grand scale storylines(Like you'd get with DBZ) it's just a zany, fun, light hearted and goofy take on the turtles and most importantly it was a kids cartoon and i for one love it. :*

You have to admit though, the first live action Turtle film is great! That end battle scene with the turtles & Shredder on the rooftop was pretty ace! Especially the music that went along with it. If they took out that entire depressing scene with a beat down raphael laying in a bath thub in a farm it would of been a 10 easy.

Oh yeah the first live action turtle movie was great. Still in my mind the best cartoon ever was Xmen. I can still watch it today and get just as much into it.

Untitled

Yeah, i think most will agree that X-men was thee' greatest Super hero based cartoon that blasted out of the 90's.....That is, if this never existed. ;)
Untitled
Ahem...and this. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b6/Smanimatedtitle...

I was never too huge on The X-Men cartoon but that's mostly because i was never that big of a super hero fan outside of Batman and maybe spider man, even then.... :P I was much more of a TMNT, Ghostbusters, Captain N, Fraggle Rock, Super Mario Bros Super Show/LOZ, Muppet Babies, He-man & She-ra, Beetlejuice, Mighty Max & Ducktales kind of guy. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,642. Posted:

@CountWavula: Nice purchases there man. I know what you mean about the original TMNT series. I too have them all on DVD and I can still enjoy them as well. Still need to get Ducktales and the lot on DVD though then my radical retro cartoon collection will be complete.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,643. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@CountWavula: Nice purchases there man. I know what you mean about the original TMNT series. I too have them all on DVD and I can still enjoy them as well. Still need to get Ducktales and the lot on DVD though then my radical retro cartoon collection will be complete.

The first volume of Ducktales goes for only $10 on Amazon, i was going to get that and the first season of (Chip 'n Dale*, but i held off. I'm in over my head with the amount of sitcoms & retro cartoons i'll be getting for christmas >Full house season 2, Who's The boss, growing pains, Alf season 2, Fresh prince of bell-air season 1, family matter S.1, yeah you get the point ect ect.lol :P

Yet I just about pulled the trigger on this though, another one of my childhood favorites!
Untitled

Also, while we're on the subject, does anybody else find the old G.I.J.O.E cartoon a bit overrated. Over the years I have lost most interest in them. I used to dig it here and there if i struggeled to find anything else on TV, but it wa never one of the 'greats' imo, maybe slightly out doing captain Planet and the Racoons > ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiVOLvhvsyo

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,644. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Yet I just about pulled the trigger on this though, another one of my childhood favorites!
Untitled

ha, this guy was my favorite, ive always liked the backgrounds of the packaging
Untitled

Edited on by ogo79

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,645. Posted:

@CountWavula: OMG I totally forgot about Full House thats another one I need to get, especially since its one of my son's favorite show. And Silverhawks hell yeah. The last time I saw them was about 10 years ago when Cartoon Network ran had it on their lineup right before Toonami.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,646. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Untitled

Holy crap, this was released on DVD?
Must.
Get.
:)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,647. Posted:

Ginga Fukei Sapphire.
The PSP version (PC-Engine Best Legend of the Galactic Princess Collection), of course because I'm not insanely rich. :)
And Keroppi's Slashbomb for the Famicom. So I hear it was a Bomberman knock-off, so I don't care if it is Hello Kitty related.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,648. Posted:

The Silverhawks and I just flew back from our VideoLand Space Voyage, and along the milky way I managed to picked up another early 90's nostalgic treat. B-) A 1992 Skull Dungeon Mighty Max Play set which was one of the more sought out and popular picks of the first series of Mighty Max play sets back then when things were the complete opposite of lame. ;)

I think most will agree that the first series of 6 Mighty max playsets were the greatest hands down, but this more or less has to do with the fact that this was the first series and it was something entirely new all together...A Boys polly pocket if you will. ;) I had the Wolf Ship(first one i ever got), The Temple of Venom, Ice Alien(still have it!) Arachnoid & Doom Dragon, including the oh so massive Skull mountain. I grew tired of the MM playsets the moment series 2 arrived AND when the cartoon series ended. I threw in the toobular towel and the rest was he-man history.
Untitled
Stock photo! :P I actually didn't buy it in the package, and a few of the teeth on on the outer area of the playset are a little chipped, but that's where white out comes into play. ;)

Still remember this commercial like it was yesterday. :*

The cartoon series were also very well done and yes, people did DIE. :p It's a shame this popular series hasn't made it's way on DVD yet, because when it does it will be a day 1 purchase! ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,649. Posted:

Meant to post this sooner but the talk of old cartoons made me order one of my favs from childhood.
Untitled
Of course I bought used cause new is kinda ridiculous.

Next I might move onto Danger Mouse.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,650. Posted:

@RancidVomit86: I remember watching Count Duckula on Nickelodeon at least I think it was Nick back in the late 80's when I went to visit my Grandma in Florida.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,651. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Meant to post this sooner but the talk of old cartoons made me order one of my favs from childhood.
Untitled
Of course I bought used cause new is kinda ridiculous.

Next I might move onto Danger Mouse.

Check this >
http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dap...
A Brand new copy of the first season of Count Duckula goes for $213 CAD. a used copy? $93 CAD. Either way, that's riDUCKulous. :P How much did you end up paying?

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,652. Posted:

@CountWavula I ended paying $40 USD for a used copy. So not that outrageous but still more than high enough for a used set of DVD's.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,653. Posted:

got xexyz, bucky o hare, the lone ranger, batman, and pow for nes, and king of dragons and super scope 6 for snes for 12$.
the only ones im keeping is xexyz, bucky o hare, the lone ranger, and king of dragons. i got the other games to swap out the back parts of the cart.
just for bucky o hare and king of dragons at 12$ is a win.
in yo' face.

Edited on by ogo79

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,654. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

got xexyz, bucky o hare, the lone ranger, batman, and pow for nes, and king of dragons and super scope 6 for snes for 12$.
the only ones im keeping is xexyz, bucky o hare, the lone ranger, and king of dragons. i got the other games to swap out the back parts of the cart.
in yo' face.

Your powers of sexiness have once again served you well in nabbing a sweet deal. :*

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,655. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

in yo' face.

Your powers of sexiness have once again served you well in nabbing a sweet deal. :*

and i did it offline lol
i cleaned the ones up that needed it. good as new. whats funny is those 4 games im keeping used to be on my list and the odds of me finding them all at the same time was crazy.

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,656. Posted:

I don't know if I've ever played P.O.W. beyond the first stage but that is definitely one of the better 8-bit tunes.
And the missing button perhaps forced SNK to improve it over the arcade (I mean, in that one, is it possible to hit anything without jump-kicking? :P )

I keep forgetting I should probably buy the Famicom version of Xexyz even though I got a CI NES copy years ago when probably nobody heard of it (not even me until someone told me the game wasn't a Japanese-exclusive).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

2,657. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

I just re-purchased Dragon Warrior III (GBC) off eBay. T'was hard to find considering it was never released in Europe, but it brings back great nostalgia from my childhood. First Dragon Quest/Warrior game I ever played. I never got far at all in it, so I'm going to finally get to play it through. >:3

You'll love it, man. It's probably my favorite Dragon Quest game after Dragon Quest V, and easily one of the best remakes I've seen.

With Dragon Quest V also being my favourite in the main series, I can see where you're coming from. I finally got off the first continent and I'm loving it so far, especially how much more difficult it is than most other DQ games.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,658. Posted:

This is very, very tempting. :*
Untitled

AuthorMessage

Karakato

2,659. Posted:

I got two working Neo Geo Pocket Colors (Blue and Clear Green) and a defect unit. It also came with

• Sonic Pocket Adventure
  • Pacman
  • Neo Turf Masers
  • Dragon's Wild

Not a bad package for $35 (approx), I'd definitely pay that amount for the games alone too.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,660. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

This is very, very tempting. :*
Untitled

that definitely wont fit my alcohol in that little ole' thing, that looks like a quick friday night.
do they make them in barrel size?

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote: