Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,621 to 2,640 of 3,040

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,621. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Time to make @CountWavula jealous :P Well now I can celebrate the Christmas season in style

Untitled

I got that retro gem at my local Goodwill for only a buck. I remember watching this with my brother every Christmas when it was on tv. Good stuff. Now I just need a copy of Garfield's Christmas and the He man and She Ra and I will be set. B-)

Am I the only one for which Tasuki's "spoiler" is a very jealous inducing "Untitled" text and "referral denied" error? :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,622. Posted:

@CountWavula: I have never played Zombies Ate My Neighbors and it may not be the greatest game ever (that’s reserved for Super Metroid by the way) but one thing it does have is classic late 80’s and early 90’s charm with a slice of horror cheese melted in for good measure. You know it, I know it, @ogo79, @kingMike, @Tasuki, and some others around here know that the games of this time are special and unique with their own Q-Bert quirkiness. I know I have mentioned this plenty of times before but I am not just buying these games to play, but to build a collection like you and your McDonald’s cheeseburger wrappers. :P Anyway, I have got most of “classics” and games I grew up with. I’m now more into the hidden gems and maybe not so gem like lesser known games.

KingMike wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Time to make @CountWavula jealous :P Well now I can celebrate the Christmas season in style

Untitled

I got that retro gem at my local Goodwill for only a buck. I remember watching this with my brother every Christmas when it was on tv. Good stuff. Now I just need a copy of Garfield's Christmas and the He man and She Ra and I will be set. B-)

Am I the only one for which Tasuki's "spoiler" is a very jealous inducing "Untitled" text and "referral denied" error? :P

I thought the "spoiler" tags on repeat were a nice touch until I didn't see anything after that. Leave it to Tasuki to mess that up. :o

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,623. Posted:

It works fine for me. Not sure what happened but I will try another pic.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,624. Posted:

Ok let's see if this works

Untitled

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,625. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok let's see if this works

Untitled

Just says "spoiler" on repeat, is my computer messed up?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,626. Posted:

@Ryno did you click on the spoiler area?

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,627. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno did you click on the spoiler area?

Yeah goes to untitled. Anyway i got the web address from quoting you and enterted that and I finally saw waht you were referring too. Nice buy!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,628. Posted:

@Ryno: Well then I dont know what I am dong wrong.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,629. Posted:

@Have_yourself_a_merry_Little_Tasuki
The prince of broken links is at it again! Anymore Christmas Classics you have lined up for this Christmas? As for Peewee's Christmas special, it's good and all, but it doesn't hold a candle to the actual playhouse TV series. Probably because they overflowed it with special guests and something just seemed a bit off.

Peewee wasn't quite in his younger prime 'funny' days either. This was the end of the playhouse and Peewee was clearly aging and losing a bit of his mojo. You should see the guy as pee wee now, he's a shadow of his former self. Still Peewee's christmas special is a classic nonetheless. But i prefer Will Vintons Claymation christmas! Can't get enough of them' 80's raisins. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,630. Posted:

@CountWavula: Yeah I know what you mean but it holds a special place in my heart as one of the few Christmas specials I enjoyed as a kid. I totally need to get the seasons of Pee Wee's Playhouse for some Saturday Morning cartoon goodness. One of these days.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,631. Posted:

Time to get in the mega Christmas Spirit, tis' the season to be Mario & Jolly after all. :*
Now, even though these aren't Retro -VHS they're still retro in the form of DVD so i guess this still counts....sort of. :P So without further & funky adoo' here is my teeny weeny slew of Christmas treaties' for this Winter Waldo wonder land December! Usually i go all out like a Michaelangelo guzzling down a cheesy peporoni anchovy marshmallow toitle' milkshake every Christmas Decemeber and get double' Dragon' double the amount, but since i just blew over $350 on my own Christmas presents I had to trim things down a little bit this year. ;)

Santa will no doubt fill my Fraggle Rock stocking full of deadly 8-bit spiders & greasy lumps of Coal for my greedy & needy ways! tee hee.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Yeah, that's right! '80's' My little pony was magical, better than the current 'My Little Pony & Friends' which has summoned an Army of Man-bronies across the bloody globe, which is cool and all but it just doesn't compare to the original imo. Now, if you can admit to liking my little pony be it the original or the new version than it shows not only that you're open minded, but a 'man' who doesn't give a funk. Enjoy what you like, because you could walk outside your house tomorrow and a jet could fall on your head. ;) People who continuously try to prove their masculinity are just silly, boarderline stupid and insecure actually.

in the end it doesn't matter, it's just time well wasted trying to prove something to someone that ultimately doesn't gives a poop about. Anyhoo, can't wait to watch the minty Christmas special haha, so i can get my nostalgic pony fix. :* BTW, My little pony was a show that us kids secretly used to watch if we couldn't find anything that we really liked that was one, we just never addmited it. ;) Beats captain planet!

Untitled
This should be titled "A miracle on Wave Street"

Untitled
Man, this show was Bumptastic! I'm an absolute sucker for stop motion animation and claymation, and i can't wait to get bumpin' in the night' with my favorite green mutant booger!

Other DVD's that i bought myself for christmas of the non Christmasy' variety. ;)
Untitled
This has got to be my favorite season(with 3 next in line) of this early whirly' 90's kids Horror hit TV series.....Beats mid 90's Ghoosebumps which was completely all over the place in terms of quality. ;)

Untitled
This was released in 94 if i'm not mistaken, i kept up with every episode just as i did with BeastWars. Yet i haven't seen it in years. I remember seeing the promo's on TV, this was basically a groundbreaking(By TV standards) debut of CG-awesome sauce, ready to rock the mid 90's air waves. It didn't disappoint!

Untitled
I was a huge fan of this kids show back in 89' and early 90's. This show gives me such a fuzzy nostalgic rush, flashing back to eating peanut butter & Jelly sandwhiches & guzzling down glasses of chocolate milk while watching this on my parents vintage wood panel Tube Tv in our 'so 80's it hurts' living room. :P

Untitled
Hello Kitty, Kerropi & Friends, Samurai Pizza cats and the original Dragon Ball series US dubs may of came before, , but i don't remember them making much of a dent compared to Sailor moon(Dragon ball Z however turned Sailor moons dent into a Kamehamaha wave volcanic eruption!)which hit YTV in 95. I was a huge fan of the show during the time. I even had a crush on Sailor Jupiter for crying out loud. The dub had a fantastic score and voice overs were flawless. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,632. Posted:

@CountWavula Yep used to watch some Reboot a lot. It most likely won't hold up but it's good memories. I haven't seen it in long time so let me know if it does hold up at all.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,633. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@CountWavula Yep used to watch some Reboot a lot. It most likely won't hold up but it's good memories. I haven't seen it in long time so let me know if it does hold up at all.

Yeah, that's the thing. Sometimes it's better to leave certain things as just a great memory, because sometimes the things that you used to love just don't hold up or retain that magic it once had. Tom savini said it best,"There's nothing like seeing a movie through the eyes of an 8-year old" just as an example. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,634. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Yeah, that's the thing. Sometimes it's better to leave certain things as just a great memory, because sometimes the things that you used to love just don't hold up or retain that magic it once had. Tom savini said it best,"There's nothing like seeing a movie through the eyes of an 8-year old" just as an example. :P

Yeah don't get me started on TMNT lol. Bought the DVD box set and all I can say is disappointment.

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,635. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Yeah don't get me started on TMNT lol. Bought the DVD box set and all I can say is disappointment.

Haha, well i still love the older TMNT series(season 1-3 that is), i take it for what it is. It's not deep, it lacks emotion, it's never serious, comes off one dimensional, nor does it have any complex characters(RAPH 'could' of been) or epic grand scale storylines(Like you'd get with DBZ) it's just a zany, fun, light hearted and goofy take on the turtles and most importantly it was a kids cartoon and i for one love it. :*

You have to admit though, the first live action Turtle film is great! That end battle scene with the turtles & Shredder on the rooftop was pretty ace! Especially the music that went along with it. If they took out that entire depressing scene with a beat down raphael laying in a bath thub in a farm it would of been a 10 easy.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,636. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Haha, well i still love the older TMNT series(season 1-3 that is), i take it for what it is. It's not deep, it lacks emotion, it's never serious, comes off one dimensional, nor does it have any complex characters(RAPH 'could' of been) or epic grand scale storylines(Like you'd get with DBZ) it's just a zany, fun, light hearted and goofy take on the turtles and most importantly it was a kids cartoon and i for one love it. :*

You have to admit though, the first live action Turtle film is great! That end battle scene with the turtles & Shredder on the rooftop was pretty ace! Especially the music that went along with it. If they took out that entire depressing scene with a beat down raphael laying in a bath thub in a farm it would of been a 10 easy.

Oh yeah the first live action turtle movie was great. Still in my mind the best cartoon ever was Xmen. I can still watch it today and get just as much into it.

Untitled

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,637. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Untitled

youve just supplied me with another whole years worth of jokes

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,638. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Untitled
Hello Kitty, Kerropi & Friends, Samurai Pizza cats and the original Dragon Ball series US dubs may of came before, , but i don't remember them making much of a dent compared to Sailor moon(Dragon ball Z however turned Sailor moons dent into a Kamehamaha wave volcanic eruption!)which hit YTV in 95. I was a huge fan of the show during the time. I even had a crush on Sailor Jupiter for crying out loud. The dub had a fantastic score and voice overs were flawless. B-)

It looks like that show was too expensive when it was first released on DVD. So now the prices are absolutely insane to get a copy that's not a bootleg. :(

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,639. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

Untitled

It looks like that show was too expensive when it was first released on DVD. So now the prices are absolutely insane to get a copy that's not a bootleg. :(

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/220652290394?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&...
It says this is authentic, but i have my doubts. :P I have feeling this will be a compilation of VHS quality recorded episodes slapped in a cheap DVD case made of Dorito's & Cardboard. Even so, that would be wonderful instead of being a super sucker and forking down $150 for the older versions. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,640. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

Untitled

youve just supplied me with another whole years worth of jokes

Still waiting for the first. ;)
Pony got your tongue there StarBright? :*