Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 4,850

RancidVomit86

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Crimson Skies is good stuff. Enjoy!

Yes it's great. Already had it just bought it cause I got it for $1.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

8BitSamurai

Ordered Final Lap for the Famicom just to have something to throw into the Retron 5's Famicom port.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

JCnator

While wating for my RetroN 5 to arrive before the summer arrives, I just purchased 3 SNES games (with box and manual) from my nearest video rental service for less than $12 CAD : Super Tennis, Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball and The Ignition Factor. Sure, they're not at their greatest conditions but they might work for sure.

Untitled

JCnator

KingMike

Well, Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball is pretty much considered one of the worst 16-bit basketball games ever made. I tried it once and had no idea WTF I was doing. But maybe with the manual, you can figure it out and get more enjoyment.
(on 16-bit games: I know Double Dribble for the NES is pretty hated on. Not too sure about its Genesis sequel with its very ridiculous name Double Dribble: The Playoff Edition.)

KingMike

JCnator

@KingMike I picked up Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball simply because it's so bad it's hilarious, possibly giving me some guilty pleasure. Oh, and there's two-player mode. I'll definitely take a better look on the manual to better understand the game, along with Internet.

JCnator

ogo79

JCnator wrote:

@KingMike I picked up Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball simply because it's so bad it's hilarious, possibly giving me some guilty pleasure.

just pick any n64 game for that

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

Picked up an Atari lot via eBay:
Untitled
Mostly commons — five copies of Pac-Man! — and many that I already have (which I'll end up trading in for credit at the retro shop), but I grabbed the lot mainly for the Activision games (particularly the CIB copies of Dragster, Dolphin and Oink!), the "61 Basic Math" cart (the original 1977 launch version of the game) and Atari Video Cube, which is a very rare cart.

Not to mention Deadly Duck, which as near as I can tell, is the epic story of LZ's adventures defending his home swamp from dastardly insects.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Picked up an Atari lot via eBay:
Untitled
Mostly commons — five copies of Pac-Man! — and many that I already have (which I'll end up trading in for credit at the retro shop), but I grabbed the lot mainly for the Activision games (particularly the CIB copies of Dragster, Dolphin and Oink!), the "61 Basic Math" cart (the original 1977 launch version of the game) and Atari Video Cube, which is a very rare cart.

Not to mention Deadly Duck, which as near as I can tell, is the epic story of LZ's adventures defending his home swamp from dastardly insects.

@the_shpydar
oooh crackpots for the atari!
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

Well not so much a purchase but a coworker of mine gave me a copy of Crazy Taxi for the Dreamcast along with a VMU. I told him that I recently got a Dreamcast and he had that stuff left over from when he had his Dreamcast so he just gave it to me.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Brutapode89
  • Picked up Mega Man X2 (SNES)

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

RancidVomit86

$5
Untitled
$2
Untitled
$2
Untitled
Free
Untitled
Free
Untitled
$10
Untitled

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

the_shpydar

MOAR GAMES!
Untitled
Atari 2600 (Dig Dug, Phoenix, Vanguard, BurgerTime, Popeye, Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man, M*A*S*H)

Untitled
Who Wants to Beat Up A Millionaire? (Dreamcast)
I bought this game just on principle, as I had to own it in order to prove to myself that it wasn't just some fever-dream hallucination.
It is even more horrible than you could possibly imagine.

Untitled
Athena (NES)
This game is a frustrating, glitchy mess, but I love it in some weird sadomasochistic way.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

@the_shpydar
athena! good find actually.
Untitled
speaking of glitches...
the only problem i have with this game is, every time i press x i get punched in the face irl, its what id call "art imitating life"
they are trying to shut down my RDL program, but thats never going to happen!

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

Untitled
just got this for the arcade perfect final fight.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

ogo79 wrote:

Untitled

That's why I bought it.

So my latest retro purchase is another complete Sega Sports Edition Dreamcast for $25. So that is two of them I have plus a white Dreamcast which makes 3 DC. Although I am debating on giving one of the Black ones to my brother for his birthday, (He is probably the biggest Sega fanboy I know lol)

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingMike

I probably didn't need to but I bought a loose Adventure Island 3 for the NES on ebay (have the Game Boy version already).
Now the only AIs I don't own are the cheapest.

Maybe now Konami will care to put it on VC sometime (though I have magic pixie protecting me from ogo's rare pricing!).

KingMike

8BitSamurai

ogo79 wrote:

Untitled

...This collection has Final Fight on it?

Guess I've been missing out!

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

Maybe now Konami will care to put it on VC sometime (though I have magic pixie protecting me from ogo's rare pricing!).

oh im working on that

the_shpydar wrote:

Brutapode89

Neko_Chan wrote:

I finally picked up a copy of this game. Found it in my brother's old tote of NES games.
Untitled

Very good choice!! That's the best N64 game!!! I also got it.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic