Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,581 to 2,600 of 3,034

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,581. Posted:

King's Quest V for the NES.
I think too much Absence (from my collection will) Makes The Wallet (eventually) Go Emptier

KingMike

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,582. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

King's Quest V for the NES.
I think too much Absence (from my collection will) Makes The Wallet (eventually) Go Emptier

Nice get. With my absolute love for the King's Quest series, I really need to grab this one day (despite having the PC version).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,583. Posted:

An oddity I noticed is that while that game is a battery-backup game (though giving a choice using either RAM save or passwords) , it seems to have the normal gray caution label than the gold label they typically used.

I also realized I should open my Genesis controller to see if it's dirty (after trying Contra: Hard Corps on my friend's console, to realize my controller seems to want to be the one in control :P ) but I can't find any screwdrivers small enough. I guess that will need to be another "retro" purchase. :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

2,584. Posted:

Just found this at a charity shop for cheap:
Untitled

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

Gso

2,585. Posted:

Bulby wrote:

Untitled

Looks like a sweet deal :D

Gso

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,586. Posted:

Bulby wrote:

Untitled

Damn and it came with good game too rather than crap

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,587. Posted:

Well I know I said that I was leaving but I had to come back to share this incredible news. Not so much a retro purchase though more of a retro find.

Well today I was cleaning out my storage shed and found my box that I had stored all my old NES game boxes in. As I was digging around in it I remembered alot of them but to my surprise I found a Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers 2 box still wrapped in the plastic wrap although it was opened at the top to take the game out. I nearly had an accident in my pants when I saw this. I knew I have the game in fact its in my retro game room but I dont remember it coming in the box. :O.

Yeah so needless to say my copy of Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers 2 is now CIB. I am not sure if I want to sell it now or hang on to it. Of course if I do decide to sell it I will let you guys know cause I know with you guys it will get a new retro home.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,588. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Well I know I said that I was leaving but I had to come back to share this incredible news. Not so much a retro purchase though more of a retro find.

Well today I was cleaning out my storage shed and found my box that I had stored all my old NES game boxes in. As I was digging around in it I remembered alot of them but to my surprise I found a Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers 2 box still wrapped in the plastic wrap although it was opened at the top to take the game out. I nearly had an accident in my pants when I saw this. I knew I have the game in fact its in my retro game room but I dont remember it coming in the box. :O.

Yeah so needless to say my copy of Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers 2 is now CIB. I am not sure if I want to sell it now or hang on to it. Of course if I do decide to sell it I will let you guys know cause I know with you guys it will get a new retro home.

@Tasuki: Say what, you are leaving? I missed something, then again I have been on less and less lately. What an awesome re-find! If you do decide to parts ways with that Chip n' Dale #2 let me make you an offer! :)

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,589. Posted:

@Ryno: Will do, if I decide to part with it I will contact you on Backloggery.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,590. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: Will do, if I decide to part with it I will contact you on Backloggery.

Cool, so what was the stuff about leaving?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,591. Posted:

@Ryno: It was all right here. Forgive me for not wanting to retype it but for one thing I am on my phone.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/the_goo...

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,592. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: It was all right here. Forgive me for not wanting to retype it but for one thing I am on my phone.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/the_goo...

Don't leave dude, without you, Ryno, Ogo(ah who am i kidding, he's like a bad tmnt turtle pie stain that just won't go away. :D ) our Toobular Tripod(wait, this equals 4 haha) of awesomeness will no longer BeEeEeEeEeEeEe.

Untitled

Cheesy cringe worthy jokes & yolks(good lord) aside, NL wouldn't be the same without ya.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,593. Posted:

@Tasuki: I needed to go back one more page of course. haha... Alright then man I will miss ya around here enjoy your time in Videoland and say Hi to Princess Lana for me!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,594. Posted:

Bulby wrote:

Untitled

Hope you enjoy every minute(there's probably 20) of TMNT Footclan. :P One of my favorites.....It doesn't get anymore than 'on the go' than this game, possibly one of the shortest sidescrollers to ever be spewed out of Turtle Mania Video Land! And this reminds me, i still haven't touched my green stained copy of TMNT III: Radical Rescue, better go dig it up!....And that oh so sweet Wii U, which I'll finally be unboxing at the end of the month. I can't believe i picked it up last christmas and still haven't even touched it, me so cwazy. But i just wasn't ready for it because i felt like i already missed out on too many great wii games which i'm actually sort of almost caught up with.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,595. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers 2 box still wrapped in the plastic wrap although it was opened at the top to take the game out.

you did say youll take 200$ for it, correct?
pics or it didnt happen.

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,596. Posted:

today i got the wii u!
but before anyone starts saying: "THIS ISNT A RETRO PURCHASE!, YER WRONG!, YOU SMELL BAD!, IM TELLING NINTENDO! AND YER EVIL!"
just know this, anything i get is old automatically once it lands in my hands.
i win, and you all lose miserably.
i got the black one :*
with 8 million bytes of memory or whatever the hell its called.
i also got another wii remote and another classic controller.
and an sd card to transfer my wii vc games.
i walked out the store feeling like a man. i mean a vampire hunter.
because you are all men, but im a vampire hunter

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,597. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

today i got the wii u!
but before anyone starts saying: "THIS ISNT A RETRO PURCHASE!, YER WRONG!, YOU SMELL BAD!, IM TELLING NINTENDO! AND YER EVIL!"
just know this, anything i get is old automatically once it lands in my hands.
i win, and you all lose miserably.
i got the black one :*
with 8 million bytes of memory or whatever the hell its called.
i also got another wii remote and another classic controller.
and an sd card to transfer my wii vc games.
i walked out the store feeling like a man. i mean a vampire hunter.
because you are all men, but im a vampire hunter

Sweet, looks like you and i are about 1 year late to the party. ::p

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,598. Posted:

@CountWavula & @ogo79: Great, I'm pretty sure the GamePad doubles as an 80's style telephone so let's get this party line started!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,599. Posted:

@Ryno: As long as you don't get this 8o's phone but then again after watching this you wont trust an 80's phone again :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzWtnyhdn_4&feature=c4-ove...

@ogo79: Sure thing bud let me get some pics and I will post them later.
Don't worry they wont be nudies after all, how can I top yours? :*

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,600. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@CountWavula & @ogo79: Great, I'm pretty sure the GamePad doubles as an 80's style telephone so let's get this party line started!

Who would be dumb enough to pay $3 to make a phone call to total strangers? :P

KingMike