Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,581 to 2,600 of 4,850

RancidVomit86

Picked up Oddworld Abe's Odyssey today.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

cookiex

Resident Evil 4 for Gamecube.Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Gold

If DS counts as Retro now, Adventure Time DS.

3DS FC: 4296-3465-6223

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

Tasuki

Well I got a chance to sit down and try out the Dreamcast I bought everything works fine and I played some Sonic Adventure. So I guess time for what I think since I have never played a DC before.

OMG!!! The graphics, the voice acting (as bad as it is but that's not what I am getting at it's just the amount), the soundtrack to Sonic Adventure I can say I can see what all the hype is about this machine. Honestly if this system had the support and the library that the PS2 had Sega probably wouldn't have probably left the console industry. This thing at the time of the PS2 release clearly blows the PS2 out of the water. While I am not saying that the PS2 was bad the DC clearly at the time of the beginning of that Gen was miles ahead of Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft.

Now to get a few more games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingMike

Preordered Dennis the Menace (the cartoon), Volume 1 on amazon when I ordered a couple PS3 games, Catherine (which I hear is good despite adult content) and Sonic Generations (something cheap to make the free shipping limit).

KingMike

CanisWolfred

I went to the Mall today and grabbed Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 for $9 each. They didn't have the first one, though, so I'm still waiting on Capn_Pancakes to tell me if he sent the first DKC so I can send him the money.

Tried both games out, and DKC2 made the best first impression out of the trilogy. A lot of the charm and the first two levels were very well designed. The third game is kind of blah in comparison. Something feels missing, but it's still really making an effort in some areas. It's sort of feeling more like DK64/Banjo-Kazooie in that there's a ton more to collect, inventory, a world map you can sorta move around in. It's definitely worth the purchase at least.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Brutapode89
  • Picked up Mega Man X3 (SNES).

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

StarBoy91

@Scarhino89 - good luck with that game! You'll need it, believe you me.

Remember fourteen posts ago (2,866) when I mentioned that I also ordered a PAL SNES game? Well, good news: it's arrived yesterday! My first European SNES game ever, and it works on my Retro Duo (that's a plus). The game I ordered weeks ago was: Super Morph, and it's not bad, imo.

To each their own

Ryno

So much good stuff on page 144 though my favorite is either @ogo79 Pocket Power or @Waveboy MAC Tonight Mcdonalds Coke cup, though I would love to have a copy of Mega Man X3 myself like @Scarhino89!

So I got my copies of NA versions of Terranigma and Secret of Mana 2! My "Secret of" SNES trilogy is complete and yes I will included Secret of Mana, Secret of Mana 2, and Secret of Evermore together : ) Also my complete "Gaia Trilogy" collection is complete!

Untitled

Oh but what is this, a 4th games based in the loosely knit series?
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Tasuki

@Ryno: Totally jealous of you with the Secret of Mana 2. I wanted to pick up a copy from Timewalker but didn't get the money together before they closed. Guess I will just have to go another route to play it. Btw not sure if you were joking or not but you do know that Secret of Evermore is not part of the Mana series. Granstream Saga is a great game still have my copy of it. Going to have to play that one again sometime soon.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingMike

"Secret of" games?
You got Secret of the Stars as well?
(I actually like that game even if nobody else does.)

KingMike

KarrotMan

Haul of the Week

Untitled
Mega Man 7 and Mega Man X3 These will probably be the most expensive games I will ever purchase, though both were below the usual $100 tag. With these out of the way, I will have no problems getting X1, X2, MM Soccer and MM&B on the SNES. Also came with a neat MMX Tamagotchi RPG game which was released 1997.
Untitled
Space Invaders Virtual Collection, Space Squash & Teleroboxer Didn't spend anything on these VB games, but I lost half of my good DS games for these. Ah well, I can get them back if I ever sell one of the VB games above (Which go for alot according to ebay).
Untitled
Various other SNES carts The Set had Xardion and Super R-type in it and I knew those games were on my list. Also got a GB game "Rubble Saver" which is a neat early run'n gun game.

Okay, the past week was not kind to my wallet. A good chunk of my DS and 3DS collection (goodbye Solatorobo) had to be traded in not to mention that I will not be spending on anything other than food for quite some time. But who could resist the items at Low bargain prices?

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Ryno

@Tasuki: Ha, yeah I know Secret of Evermore is not part of the Secret of Mana games but that is why I made up my own category of awesome SNES Square ARPG's! @KingMike, nope don't include Secret of the Stars and never will!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

@Karakato
Yes indeed you do have one of the Rare Four Japanese VB games.

There was a western version of Rubble Saver called Adventures of Star Saver. Good name change, who'd want to save rubble?

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

I went to the Mall today and grabbed Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 for $9 each. They didn't have the first one, though, so I'm still waiting on Capn_Pancakes to tell me if he sent the first DKC so I can send him the money.

Tried both games out, and DKC2 made the best first impression out of the trilogy. A lot of the charm and the first two levels were very well designed. The third game is kind of blah in comparison. Something feels missing, but it's still really making an effort in some areas. It's sort of feeling more like DK64/Banjo-Kazooie in that there's a ton more to collect, inventory, a world map you can sorta move around in. It's definitely worth the purchase at least.

I just got Donkey Kong Country (GBA) in the Mail, and now I also have Donkey Kong 64!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

rushing beat shura for sfc aka the peace keepers for snes.
watch me shatter dreams in 7 minutes:
mr sniper reporting for duty sir
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Super-Famicom-RUSHING-BEAT-S...

edit
i win i win i win.
id like to thank the fine folks for tuning in to another "i win you lose" episode.
id also like to thank the noob ebayers, better luck next time.
you have just lost to the hands of ogo79, thanks for playing and have a great day, cuz monday!
Untitled

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

StarBoy91

@ogo79 - ah, Rushing Beat Shura. Good game... but nowhere near as good as Rushing Beat Ran — Fukusei Toshi as far as I'm concerned.
@Ryno - have fun with Terranigma and Secret of Mana 2, especially the former! Only some of the best 16-bit A-RPGs ever made.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

ogo79

@WanderFan91
i think you must have missed the old passage where i mention every game i have becomes an automatic classic.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

RancidVomit86

Went to couple of indoor flea markets this weekend and $20 later I walk out with all this.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic