Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 4,850

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@KingMike
when i tried to order gourmet, that site acted funny with my credit card. ill have to get it elsewhere...

The only SFC games seller I think that ships internationally at the moment is one called auc-games (I think there's a button to choose your country to filter the others). For others it may require using a proxy buying service (which means adding some commission fees). Quite some time ago I used one to buy Crisis Force for the Famicom. $13 loose on yahoo turned into about $55 after all fees (which was effectively paying the ebay price), but I recall that may have been because I used EMS or whatever the fastest priciest shipping was. Probably could have been in the area of $30-35 otherwise.

yeah dude, ive never had any problems importing games from other sites until that one. they sent me an email saying something like my card isnt working (yeah right). the told me to contact my bank, after that i ordered another game from japan the same day with no problems. in fact thats the first time ive ever had any problems ordering a game from a different country.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Fheonix

Just picked up a copy of Parasol Stars for the NES... Love the Bubble Bobble series and been after it for a long time! Can't wait to plug it into the NES and give it a go... I've been waiting to play it since I was a kid!

A Welsh Graphic Designer, living in Denmark. Playing games, writing about games, even talking about games on a podcast called 'Tom and Mat Attack'! Check it out in iTunes here / Youtube h...

Twitter:

the_shpydar

This past week's pile o' games:
Untitled
Tetrisphere (N64)
007 The World is not Enough (N64)
Final Fantasy Adventure (GB)
Solomon's Club (GB)
WWF Royal Rumble, complete with box/manual (GEN)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Rezalack

I know it's not exactly a game, but I bought one of these..

Untitled
The Image isn't mine, it's from a google search.

I found it at a Mega Mall for $15.. figured why not, look like a decent collectors item at that price. One sold recently on eBay for $62.00.. I'll be holding on to it though.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Tasuki

Oh yeah won another auction on shopgoodwill.com. This time a working Black Sports Edition Dreamcast for $15. It comes complete along with a copy of some Sonic game and two controllers. Not sure if I want to hang on to this or resell it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

8BitSamurai

Picked up The Mafat Conspiracy for NES and Hot Shots Golf 2 for the mighty PlayStation today. Can't wait to give both of them a play.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

the_shpydar

WaveBoy wrote:

The Lack of E.T truly disturbs me.

Lol, I'm actually getting a bit more discriminating with getting boxed ETs; if it's not true complete (or at a very good price at near-complete), I've been holding off. "True complete" is kind of hard to come by, since it seems the vast majority of "complete" boxed copies don't actually include the Atari Games Catalog and/or the 1-page insert ad for Raiders of the Lost Ark. Pretty much if the copy doesn't have at least the manual and "Getting ET home fast" insert, I pass on it.

WaveBoy wrote:

When are you going to get Jim Henson's The Christmas Toy on VHS or DVD?

Eventually. Now that Christmas has passed (and I generally don't like watching Christmas stuffs off-season), there's less of an urgency. Just a matter of time though.

8BitSamurai wrote:

Picked up The Mafat Conspiracy for NES

Nice, I picked that up a few weeks back. Aside from just a few minutes playing to make sure it worked fine, I haven't played it yet, but definitely looking forward to some more Duke Togo action.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

NO ONE CAN STOP THE SHPY!
he cant even stop himself!
dont waste yer time trying to stop him.
he doesnt even waste his own time trying to stop himself.
cuz its a waste of time.
he has to do what he does, otherwise him trying to stop himself is just him wasting his own time on himself.
why waste his time?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

RancidVomit86

@Tasuki if you want sell it let me know. I been wanting to get the sega sports edition for awhile. I saw that same auction and thought about going for it but I was after that Nomad. Got beat out by $1 in last 10 seconds.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Tasuki

@RancidVomit86: Will do. I am kinda on the fence right now. I really like the look of a black Dreamcast over the white one but then again I know how much these can go for and it's just nuts. If anything I will keep it for a bit and make sure it runs good, I know it said working but I dont want to sell it to someone and then have it stop working after a week. But yeah if I decide to sell it I will keep you in mind.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

ghost chaser densei super famicom:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Rezalack

@WaveBoy I never would have, lol. It's mine now though, it actually still has it's original plastic wrapper that it came in, too. One day I'll have a room where I can set up a collection and might put the mat to use. For now, it'll stay wrapped up and packed away. It is kind of cool at least, for a floor mat. Heh.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

KingMike

@ogo
Heh, got that game last year. Bought it as soon as it was listed on a site. Next time I saw the site relist it, it was closer to the ebay price.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
yeah i just payed like 43$ for it lol
id be awesome to get the 2 arcade games on vc arcade...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

KarrotMan

Untitled
Got myself a boxed copy of Jack Bros. Now all I need it a copy of Wario land and My VB collection will be complete (not really)

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

ogo79

back in the day when i was a younger vampire hunter i used to get this toy frequently. i think i had glo bones around 3 or 4 times throughout my childhood.
definitely one of my favorite toys holding sentimental value i ever had and thats saying a lot. i remember getting him for around 3 or 4 dollars at the store back in the 80's.
these past few years i have been checking him out on ebay looking into getting him again and adding him to my game room...ebay was asking around 90$ for an opened one. i used to think it would be awesome to find one at a garage sale...but today it happened...i found him on top of a garbage can. complete with all his weapons and all. to anyone who knows of this particular toy you know it is the best one in the whole series.
sega pocket power glo bones:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

back in my collection.

the_shpydar wrote:

StarBoy91

So two Sundays ago (16th) I imported two Nintendo 16-bit games: one SFC game from Japan and one SNES cart from Europe (a first). Since the latter hasn't arrived as I type this (hopefully it'll turn up this week), I only got the former. The SFC game I got was Super Bomberman 3, and while I won't say I'm a big Bomberman fan (I do like the NES original, Bomberman '93, and the platforming spin-off Bomberman Hero to a point) I have been itching to try some more in the series lately. And from what I've played, it's good, imo. Very colorful with catchy music, I like the way that it plays and the fact that there are varying animal helpers (one of them even jumps). I haven't finished it yet (I'm up to the boss battle on Planet 3), but I'm having fun with it atm. As we speak, this is the only chapter in the Super Bomberman quintilogy (or saga, to be more proper, as there are five iterations), but if I'm in the mood I may take into consideration experiencing another one of these (whether it be any one of the two previous games that did get a Western release, or whether it be any one of the two latter games that have remained Japan-exclusive). Who knows?

As for the PAL cart, I think I'll reveal its name once it comes, but if it doesn't come soon I may share what it is in a future post. What I will say about it is that it's a PAL-exclusive.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

KingMike

There's a couple PAL-exclusive SNES games I've wanted but avoided because they're a bit more of a pain to get working on an NTSC console than Japanese games (and I hear in general PAL SNES games are more expensive).

For about $15 and shipping, I got General Chaos for Genesis, complete. Wanted to try it after hearing it's one of the better somewhat-obscure games. I'm guessing that was a good price.

KingMike

cherry_ds

Bought a PS One with 5 games and a memory card for $16. As for my newest Nintendo purchase it was Pokemon Red which hopefully will come today before going to school so i have something to play during cl...I mean....Oh look World Famous Pugilist Tommy Ray Handley

cherry_ds

Twitter:

ogo79

gourmet sentai bara yarou:

Untitled

162$ later...

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic