Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,521 to 2,540 of 3,550

AuthorMessage

Garios

2,521. Posted:

I just got myself a practically new Famicom Edition Gameboy Micro! It's the Japanese version and it's so beautiful, I almost don't want to play it out of fear of messing it up somehow. Havin' a blast playing through Yoshi's Island and Aria of Sorrow though. :3

NNID: Goosey-1
If I can waggle my Wiimote at it, I can kill it.

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

2,522. Posted:

This may not be a purchase, but I find my SNES games. :)
My mom kept them in a box with a lock when I was a little kid. Finally find them the lock was easy to open. Just need to buy myself a new SNES.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,523. Posted:

@CanisWolfred: NL did a write up about it a few months ago if you are interested in it

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/hardware_review_retr...

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,524. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@ogo79: Glad to see you are picking up some SNES games. Got all the originally released in the USA that you want?

i do. i was actually done with the ntsc snes games a long time ago lol.
taking nothing away from snes, i just got those quicker i guess...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,525. Posted:

• Resident Evil: Code Veronica (DC)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/dc/r/e/recvdc0f.jpg

• DVD Pokémon Season 1 with the 4th, the 5th and the 6th episode in French version.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,526. Posted:

Scarhino89 wrote:

• Resident Evil: Code Veronica (DC)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/dc/r/e/recvdc0f.jpg

• DVD Pokémon Season 1 with the 4th, the 5th and the 6th episode in French version.

I'm not the biggest RE fan, but Code Veronica's good stuff, IMO. I love the atmosphere and setting. Hope you enjoy it.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,527. Posted:

@CanisWolfred The Dreamcast version is the best. I love it. Wich me "Good luck" about the survival. ;)

• Five DVD volumes of Denver: The Last Dinosaur in French version!
  • DVD of Pokémon Season 1 with the 7th, the 8th and the 9th episode in French version!
  • Heart of Darkness (PS1)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/ps/h/e/heodps0f.jpg

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,528. Posted:

Well I managed to pick up a few CIB TMNT figures from the local Goodwill yesterday. ANd let me say I am as excited as Michelangelo getting a free peanut butter and anchovie pizza.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I got them all for $5 a piece. Those are photos from around the web but that's what mine look like. What's cool about them is that they have the New for 92 5th anniversary logo on them. I remember getting these figures for Christmas in 1992 and I still have them but its nice to have the CIB ones.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,529. Posted:

Got Sonic Adventure 2, and SNK vs Capcom for DC at a garage sale for $2. Only makes 3 copies of SA2 I have now.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,530. Posted:

@Tasuki: Nice find. $5.00 for those is a great deal.

Finally got a copy of Metroid II though it's the lame player's choice version. Been waiting for the right price for a complete copy for awhile.
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,531. Posted:

got whomp em for nes, sqoon for nes, an nes max controller, bloodlines for genesis, a sealed mega man anniversary collection for ps2 (for mm 6 and mm7)
this poster thanks to NL:
Untitled
and this sword for my dad:
Untitled
the swords not old or retro but its gonna get old to you when i keep poking yer face with it!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,532. Posted:

I hit gold today. I walked up to a garage sale and the guy had a platinum Gamecube in it's box and he saw me looking at it. He walked over to me and asked if I was interested so I said yeah how much? My jaw dropped on his reply. He literally said "Ummmm...I don't know...how about a dollar?" I told him that sounds more than fair and gave him a dollar. Walked away overly happy. By far possibly my best garage sale pick up.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,533. Posted:

• Legend of Legaia (PS1)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/ps/l/o/loflps0f.jpg

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,534. Posted:

I've never heard much about that game. Mind letting me know how it is when you get around to it?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,535. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I've never heard much about that game. Mind letting me know how it is when you get around to it?

It's a stellar game. I used to play it a ton back in late 90's and I'm not huge into JRPG but it is one I will stand by.

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,536. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It's a stellar game. I used to play it a ton back in late 90's and I'm not huge into JRPG but it is one I will stand by.

That's good to know. Guess I'll have to look into it.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,537. Posted:

@Tasuki
Woa, now that's a killer deal! 5 bucks a pop? I ended up droping $25 + Shipping for this little bugger(aka...Sewer Surfin' Michaelangelo. I never owned that figure as a child, instead I had Sewer 'Swimming' Donatello, which was one of the many figures included in my daily vintage Battle Royal Bubble Bath BlowOut matches. :P

Untitled

But it's also most likely because this was one of the more popular and wanted turtle figurines. Who could pass this baby up? It's quite possibly the most gnarly/surftastic toitle toy there is!

Who is that last fleuroscent green gator/Gecko dude at the bottom? That has easily got to be my favorite of the lot. It looks like a mutated Mondo Gecko with the need to feed........On Turtle pies. ;) Really though, for the most part...When it comes to the TMNT cartoon series i'm really only familiar with the first 3 seasons including most of the figurines, even though Playmates created a SLEW of random cuncoctions of their own, like my personal favorite.....Pizza Face! :o Which was easily one of my favorites, hoping one day that he WOULD make into the cartoon series. Never happened, but i hear he made an appearance in one of the comic book series, i think...

Untitled

By the way, have you watched any of the final season of TMNT? I couldn't stand the couple of episodes that i watched which were an added bonus on my first season of the original TMNT cartoon series on DVD....They changed the sky to orange, the villain sucked, the new sidekick character sucked and the new look for the turtles....well, yeah it sucked!.I think i'll stick with the first 3 seasons, and maybe dip into 4,5 & 6 just for kicks!

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,538. Posted:

@Waveboy: That one on the bottom is actually a king cobra named Scale Tail. I remember Sewer Surfin Mike as well and whats funny about that one to me is that was the only one I had from the sewer surfin series. As for Pizzaface I remember him too but he was one of the figures I never owned. I remember that my friend at the time had him. But yeah towards the end of the era they had some really weird ones. I remember a few of them like that one sumo wrestler named Tattoo.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,539. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

got whomp em for nes, sqoon for nes, an nes max controller, bloodlines for genesis, a sealed mega man anniversary collection for ps2 (for mm 6 and mm7)
this poster thanks to NL:
Untitled
and this sword for my dad:
Untitled
the swords not old or retro but its gonna get old to you when i keep poking yer face with it!

I knew it! You really are the son of Ryu Hayabusa!
Will you slice me a piece of that Frosty Gaiden Grape cake?
I'll be waiting........

Untitled

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,540. Posted:

theres this girl at the corner store that i go to a lot, like every night. she tells me about how people leave/forget purses, phones and wallets at the store counter and other customers take it or say its theirs. the other night she told me they stole the public toilet from the outside store restroom lol.
well, a few nights ago i actually lost my credit card. i checked all under my car seats and all that. i went back up there and she was holding my credit card in her hand and said she tried to call me to let me know i forgot my credit card. this store is a real bad location lol. if some donkey-bag would have got a hold of my card they would have had a field-day with it. anyways, i know she likes snes games, she plays them every night, and i know she doesnt have super mario all stars, its a game shes been needing, so i just ordered if for her for being an honest person.
do good, get good, do bad, get bad.
and to think today is my birthday, and here i am, giving gifts to other people. it makes me feel good regardless.
keepin it trill :*

Edited on by theblackdragon

the_shpydar wrote: