Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,501 to 2,520 of 3,338

AuthorMessage

Knux

2,501. Posted:

Spyro 2: Season of Flame and Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced for the GBA.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,502. Posted:

I remember years ago when I won a Japanese Crash Advance 2 on ebay for 62 cents, complete. Aside from NHL Stanley Cup for SNES for 50 cents, cheapest I've ever gotten a CIB game.
Still haven't yet got around to figuring if it was worth it. :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

3DS_excel

2,503. Posted:

I've been meaning to post here for a while! In the last few months I have purchased a nes and a megadrive. Have around 10 games for each now. I don't get to game as often as I used to but have loved the retro feel of the machines! No game installs FTW! I got Terminator for the megadrive and I'm sure I completed it, on easy, in less time than it takes for some games to install lol!

Ill post some pics when I get a chance, nothing exciting TBH! But I'm like a proud father to my retro babies!

They have brought back some awesome memories of childhood! :-)

Mr Money In the Bank!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2208-5483

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,504. Posted:

Terminator for Genesis. I tried that, and how do you even survive the first level except on easy?
(on easy they give you a machine gun, but on normal all you have is grenades and you can't hit anything in the narrow tunnel without getting hit. Do you just pray for the unlikely chance enemies will keep dropping health items?
And you have to beat the game on a single life. :P )

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

2,505. Posted:

Just bought Spyro Adventure for the GBA and Pokémon Crystal for the GBC. Two games from my childhood worth re-adding to my collection. :3

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,506. Posted:

3DS_excel wrote:

I've been meaning to post here for a while! In the last few months I have purchased a nes and a megadrive. Have around 10 games for each now. I don't get to game as often as I used to but have loved the retro feel of the machines! No game installs FTW!

I hear ya, man. I love being able to pop in a game and just get to it. It's so annoying how much I have to go through every time I pop a new game into my PS3...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

3DS_excel

2,507. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Terminator for Genesis. I tried that, and how do you even survive the first level except on easy?
(on easy they give you a machine gun, but on normal all you have is grenades and you can't hit anything in the narrow tunnel without getting hit. Do you just pray for the unlikely chance enemies will keep dropping health items?
And you have to beat the game on a single life. :P )

I can't even get off the first level on normal! Lol! As soon as you get into the underground base bit I get wiped out quite quick! Bloody grenades only! Lol!

I remember when I played it as a kid and I first died expecting to respawn but no! GAME OVER! I felt solely responsible for Judgement Day at the time! ;-)

I love the game though, I wouldn't recommend it as I'm sure lots of people would hate it :-D

CanisWolfred wrote:

I hear ya, man. I love being able to pop in a game and just get to it. It's so annoying how much I have to go through every time I pop a new game into my PS3...

Instant satisfaction! Guaranteed! :-)

Mr Money In the Bank!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2208-5483

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,508. Posted:

A One of a kind(As far as eBay is concerned) Vintage Raphael Fridge Magnet. :*
Untitled
Now my late night gooey & delicious ice cream treats will be safe from the mini-midnight FootClan!
Untitled

Plus, a Vintage 1986 Stacy Q Poster. Eat your heart out Princess Toadstool. ;)
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,509. Posted:

Well, I just ordered a NIB Wendy: Every Witch Way GBC, I'm trusting you people who says it's among the licensed games that don't suck.
(and if you have a sealed one, I'm probably going to inflate the value of yours :) )

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,510. Posted:

@KingMike

How dare you not comment on my luxurious ultra-rare ninja toitle magnet of turtle historia. :D I payed over 1000 smackers for this little trinket of metal green joy. Sniffle* That's the last time i ever take you out for Watermelon at the Golden Corral!

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,511. Posted:

ordered alcahest and gunmans proof for snes.

alcahest:

UntitledUntitled

gunmans proof:

UntitledUntitled

and since i still have 2 hands i got another mother 3 guide because i need one for each hand:

Untitled

and i decided to get myself another earthbound zero or mother 1 game, but i went with the sealed cib because im hot.

Untitled

but forget about my latest retro purchases and lets focus on something more important here. if you somehow missed the part above where i mentioned im hot, let me repeat it in case you did miss it. im seriously hot.

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,512. Posted:

Nope, I'm hotter. :D

I ordered a loose Trouble Shooter for Genesis. I figure it's not going to get much cheaper than $15.
Would like the sequel but it's not happening at like $150. :(

And a loose Streets of Rage 2.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

dartmonkey

2,513. Posted:

I've got GBA Link to the Past and GBA Super Mario World waiting to be played through. I've never played either and am expecting great things from LttP. My expectations for SMW are lower, mainly due to my disappointment with Yoshi's Island. I just can't get into that game!

Sticky fingers and glossy pads mix only too well

www.dartmonkey.com

Twitter: dartmonkey

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,514. Posted:

Untitled
Interwebz eBay stock photo. ;)

It came with everything above except the cardboard character bio. Scumb bug is the ultimate scumb bag of tastey titanium technodromage' :*

@QueenMike
Take it easy on that Streets of Rage 2, you've got to stop this mad obsession with Blaze and her cool body shapes. I know it's hard not to rage over them hot pixels, it gets the best of us sometimes.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,515. Posted:

@WaveBoy i had that figure lol

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,516. Posted:

dartmonkey wrote:

I've got GBA Link to the Past and GBA Super Mario World waiting to be played through. I've never played either and am expecting great things from LttP. My expectations for SMW are lower, mainly due to my disappointment with Yoshi's Island. I just can't get into that game!

About GBA Super Mario World, so there's this added feature where the game encourages you to collect 100% of the Dragon Coins (it even adds them to levels that didn't originally have them). But apparently you need to enter some code to re-enter the castle levels after you finish them (and it's not L+R like the SNES), that's kind of dumb. Saving also keeps the midpoints (again, they added midpoints to some levels that didn't have them), so that might be something to watch out for. The good thing about SMW is that they did alter the levels to compensate for the GBA's lower resolution. (I'm looking at you, Aero the Acrobat and possibly Yoshi's Island... was there as much blind jumping in 1-Extra on the SNES YI? Been awhile since I played.
And that red coin Shy Guy in 3-Extra nearly destroyed my 3DS! :D )
In GBA ALttP, I can see why some people used to the SNES would get sick of Link's screaming quick. They also added a fetch quest sequence that wasn't in the original, but I never bothered to finish it.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,517. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

@WaveBoy i had that figure lol

Same here in fact I probably still do in my storage shed of retro goodies lol.

My time for a retro purchase, its been awhile but after seeing some videos of this game I remember hearing about it back when I was a kid on the TV I finally had to check it out.

Untitled

Picked it up yesterday from my retro game store for $15. The thing I remember most about this game is the commercials that aired where they asked which game was harder this game or Battle of Olympus. Anyone remember those?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,518. Posted:

Good find, Tasuki! I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Random retro rant, but I wish Nintendo would really a lot more NES games on the 3DS VC. I really want to play more NES games on the go. I think I had a dream once that somebody made a Game Boy Micro-like console that had 4 face buttons and could play Nes and Snes games. Was not happy when I woke up from that...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,519. Posted:

@Waveboy: How do the ladies love the new Waveboy Love Shack? I’m sure they cannot wait to touch your ScumBug but only if the dress up like Stacy Q for you.

@ogo79: Glad to see you are picking up some SNES games. Got all the originally released in the USA that you want?

@Tasuki: The Guardian Legend is aptly named as it is a great legendary NES game!

@CanisWolfred: Not GB Micro size and not for downloading games, but my Retro Duo Portable works pretty good for playing my NES and SNES games on the go. It can even play Genesis games with an additional adapter.

Here’s one of my latest, a sealed copy of Final Fantasy VI Advance. I don’t want no bootleg! I’m near the end of Final Fantasy IV Advance and would like to complete these two SNES Final Fantasy’s I started but never finished as a kid.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,520. Posted:

@Ryno totally didn't know that was a thing. Might have look into getting that someday.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~