Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 4,850

Tasuki

What Timewalk is gone??? That totally sucks. I am planning to move in a next month so my money is tied up there and I was hoping to order Secret of Mana 2 from them since I dont read Japanese after the move. Is there someone else like them that I can go to to order an English copy?

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

What Timewalk is gone??? That totally sucks. I am planning to move in a next month so my money is tied up there and I was hoping to order Secret of Mana 2 from them since I dont read Japanese after the move. Is there someone else like them that I can go to to order an English copy?

there are several places

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

@ogo79: Well at least you got the Cocoron poster. There was a boatload of others I wanted to get from there. I have only played Rival Turf and now Brawl Brothers. They are pretty good, I was surprised, though not SOR or FF good. As for that date, I'm still waiting...

@WanderFan91: Thanks, yeah I am looking forward to playing them someday! I absolutely loved Secret of Mana and I still have the whole Qunitet Trilogy to play through along with Secret Of Evermore! I absolutely just love the SNES. Glad to hear SoM2 is very replayable and long boss battles don't bother me as long as they are fair. Since you like Japanese Action Adventure games, have you played Ganpuru: Gunman's Proof? @ogo79 recommend that one and I picked that up recently and it seems fun.

@Tasuki: Yeah dude I know, stinks more than an Earthbound scratch 'n sniff right? Something told me to go ahead and order it last week which tnakfully I did. SoM2 cart only

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

StarBoy91

@Ryno - I haven't, but I have been curious about it for some time (given that it's a Western-themed adventure game and a late SFC release since it came out in 1997). I definitely want to play it, though. I just need to find a copy of Ganpuru: Gunman's Proof that's not so expensive, is all.

Speaking of Secret of Evermore, I still need to play that one, seeing as I love both Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2). I hear rather mixed feelings about it, but for the longest time I wanted to experience it. Hopefully 2014 will finally be the year that I play it.

Before you play SD3/SoM2, I must warn you ahead of time: when you start your first game, pick a character from the middle column (Kevin and Charlotte), and here is why: depending on which character you make your leader (the first pick) from whichever column, you'll find yourself going on different paths and fight a different series of final boss battles. From what I gather, the easiest final battle occurs if you choose either Kevin or Charlotte, while the hardest will transpire should you delegate the leader as either Hawkeye or Riesz (right column).

To each their own

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

@ogo79: Well at least you got the Cocoron poster. There was a boatload of others I wanted to get from there. I have only played Rival Turf and now Brawl Brothers. They are pretty good, I was surprised, though not SOR or FF good. As for that date, I'm still waiting...

@WanderFan91: Thanks, yeah I am looking forward to playing them someday! I absolutely loved Secret of Mana and I still have the whole Qunitet Trilogy to play through along with Secret Of Evermore! I absolutely just love the SNES. Glad to hear SoM2 is very replayable and long boss battles don't bother me as long as they are fair. Since you like Japanese Action Adventure games, have you played Ganpuru: Gunman's Proof? @ogo79 recommend that one and I picked that up recently and it seems fun.

@Tasuki: Yeah dude I know, stinks more than an Earthbound scratch 'n sniff right? Something told me to go ahead and order it last week which tnakfully I did. SoM2 cart only

i didnt get the cocoron poster, thats all i wanted left from there however

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

@WanderFan9: Whenever you get around to Secret of Evermore let me know, looking forward to that review becuase you will probably get around it to it before me. And thanks for the tip on SoM2 on who to choose the first time.

@WaveBoy: California was thee coolest place in the 80's. I remember going to Southern California in the summer of '88. Man that was awesome! It was the closest thing to VideoLand here on Earth. Anyway, I still have my original Christmas Fozzie from McDonalds that I bring out every year around Christmas time. Oh, and he is missing a hat in that picture.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

RancidVomit86

Oh I'm ready for garage sale season again. I feel as if there has been a lack of post in here from me.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Tasuki

@Ryno: I still have the Kermit and Miss Piggy as well as Fozzie, and I too bring them out around Christmas time. Every so often I seem them come into my local Goodwill as well. Anyone remember the Land Before Time puppets that Pizza Hut had?

My Backlog

Ryno

@Tasuki: Nice! My sister got MIss Piggy haha... Yup, I also remember the Pizza Hut Land Before Time Pupperts. I still have Cera and Spike!
Untitled
*Not my photo

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

nice...dolls guys...
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

RevolverLink

My last "retro" purchase was a rather convincing (superficially, at least) bootleg cart of Final Fantasy V Advance. It was a bit of letdown, considering I've been meaning to play that version of the game for a long time, but at least the seller seemed genuinely apologetic and gave me my money back (not that I spent much on it anyway).

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki: Nice! My sister got MIss Piggy haha... Yup, I also remember the Pizza Hut Land Before Time Pupperts. I still have Cera and Spike!
Untitled
*Not my photo

Yeah I had all three of the Muppets stuffed dolls but that's cause at the time my mom was a manager at a McDonalds so I tend to get every Happy Meal toy and stuff like that they offered. Heck I still have a big plastic tote filles with a bunch of them in storage. As for the Land Before Time puppets I only had Littlefoot, Sharptooth and Petrie. Everytime I tried to get the others my Pizza Hut never had them in stock. One of these days I gotta track some down on Ebay.

My Backlog

ogo79

almost forgot, this morning i got 5 very good condition controllers. 3 snes controllers, one of them is the mini snes model controller which will match the other one i have that goes with my sexy mini snes and the other 2 are 6 button sega genesis controllers. all 5 in great condition for...FREE!
i got them from ogos retro store of greed. where you "bring in yer old crap, if you dont think its crap, this is where i convince you its crap and i turn around and keep it because i want it and you shouldnt be greedy" thats our motto.

the_shpydar wrote:

the_shpydar

ogo79 wrote:

i got them from ogos retro store of greed. where you "bring in yer old crap, if you dont think its crap, this is where i convince you its crap and i turn around and keep it because i want it and you shouldnt be greedy" thats our motto.

Best store motto ever.

Here's a couple recent pickups of mine: First, since it's been a while ...
Untitled
Another CIB copy of ET! Total ET count is in my sig. My plan for world domination via ET cart ownership continues! HUZZAH!

Also:
Untitled
Keystone Kapers (Atari 2600), Blue Label variant.

I've also got a couple more Blue label variant Activision carts (Chopper Command and Enduro) coming, as I continue to get closer to completion of my Activision Atari 2600 collection. Just around 20 games left and i'll be complete, including all variant label editions. The ones I have left aren't super-rare or anything (I already have the rarest of the bunch, River Raid II and Rampage), but some of them will be hard to find.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Brutapode89

@Ryno The Land Before Time! What a beautiful franchies of animated films! I love that series with Denver: The Last Dinosaur! ♥ But I prefer only the first, the second, the third, the fourth, the five, the sixth, the seventh, the eighth, the ninth and the tenth of The Land Before Time.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

SuperToad

Rave Master for the GC for $2.99. It's at least worth it for that much.

Edited on by SuperToad

SuperToad

KingMike

I've never seen Land Before Time actually, but I may still have the yellow dinosaur toy around.

KingMike

Brutapode89

@KingMike And have you never seen Denver: The Last Dinosaur either?

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

StarBoy91

@KingMike - you never saw The Land Before Time? Get out!!! I'm just messing with you, one cannot expect everyone to have seen a certain movie or to have played a certain game, so it's cool. But seriously though, if you find the time, you should try to watch it, as it's a really good Don Bluth classic.

To each their own

KingMike

Scarhino89 wrote:

@KingMike And have you never seen Denver: The Last Dinosaur either?

I probably saw it on TV a couple times in the early 90s, but I don't remember much except the theme song.

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic