Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,461 to 2,480 of 3,602

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,461. Posted:

@Ryno: DO you have Capcom Classic Collection Volume 1?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,462. Posted:

@Tasuki: No, I don't have Capcom Classics Collection Volume 1. I am way more interested in 2 but I may get 1 if its cheap enough.

These awesome retro collections are probably a thing of the past now that companies can sell them as individual downloadable titles at $5+ a pop.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,463. Posted:

@Ryno: Yeah I know. its shame really but than again its kinda nice cause than you can choose what games you want rather than buying a collection for just one or two games. CCC 2 was the better of the 2 but the first one had some gems on it too like Final Fight, Ghost N Goblins and Mercs just to name a few.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,464. Posted:

@Tasuki: Yeah, but when you take into account you can get an old collections for $5-20 vs buying individual games you'll miss them. I bought Final Fight Double Impact which i probably should not have and just got the collection instead. But at least you can set up the old arcade cabinet which is pretty cool. I also recently got the The Simpsons and X Men when they were on sale on PSN as well. My PS3 is becoming quite the retro gaming machine when you throw in Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection and the Mega Man collection. .

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,465. Posted:

@Ryno: Lol that is the same with me on my Xbox 360. I have The Simpsons Arcade, both TMNT Arcade games, Xmen, Marvel VS Capcom II, Final Fight Double Impact, Mortal Kombat Kollection and I am thinking of picking up the D&D games too. My 360 is going to end up looking like an 90's style Arcade on the inside. B-)

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,466. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: Yeah I know. its shame really but than again its kinda nice cause than you can choose what games you want rather than buying a collection for just one or two games. CCC 2 was the better of the 2 but the first one had some gems on it too like Final Fight, Ghost N Goblins and Mercs just to name a few.

I hear Volume 1 is pretty much the PS1 Capcom Generations series compiled onto one disc. (5 games in Japan, America only got the Street Fighter part, while Europe got SF and additionally got all the non-Street Fighters in one package.)

My own retro purchase:
$2 apiece from a pawn shop:
PS2 Metal Gear Solid 2 CIB, Zone of the Enders disc-only (both with some scratching),
PS1 Activision Classics (30 2600 games) and Tetris Plus, both CIB GH
SNES Judge Dredd loose
and $5 for a CIB Taz in Escape From Mars for Genesis.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,467. Posted:

ccc vol 2 is the one to get

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,468. Posted:

Another week, another haul:

Untitled

Donkey Kong Jr. for Atari 2600
Kung Fu for NES
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer for N64
TimeSplitters 2 for GameCube

And as those fortunate enough to see it last night in TC already know, this week I also got an awesome Atari E.T. t-shirt:

Untitled

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

2,469. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

And as those fortunate enough to see it last night in TC already know, this week I also got an awesome Atari E.T. t-shirt:

Untitled

Did you feel crappy when you wore the shirt? like the game!

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,470. Posted:

Undead_terror wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Untitled

Did you feel crappy when you wore the shirt? like the game!

there are hundreds of collectors that do the things shpy is doing and i think its freaking great

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

MeWario

2,471. Posted:

Just bought X-Men #13 in very good+ condition :) It's a comic-book I've wanted for ages!

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,472. Posted:

• Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/p2/d/r/drq8p20f.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

2,473. Posted:

Not sure if this thread is only for games, but my Mother 2 piano book just arrived! :O

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,474. Posted:

CaptainCharlie wrote:

Not sure if this thread is only for games, but my Mother 2 piano book just arrived! :O

We love all things that are retro and physical here kinda like @ogo79! Everything doesn't have to be as sexy as the @the_shpydar in that Atari T-Shirt though!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

nocode

2,475. Posted:

Just picked up The Lost Vikings and Final Fight for the SNES.

nocode

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2314-1034 | Nintendo Network ID: nocode

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,476. Posted:

• I bought the last Squaresoft game on SNES and the cartridge is modified in PAL version with the English translation.

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/sn/t/r/tressn0f.jpg

Click here, please. ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

2,477. Posted:

Good EterniaAaAaAa, Boils & Brats! I just picked up a sweet slew/beetljuice batch of retro goodies on my trip back from the Goblin prince's, aka > David Bowie's The Labyrinth. I had a great time hanging out with my smelly troll of an uncle Hoggle(Who looks everybit as cute as Ogo79) the iconic fairy fly swatter, who apparently mastered his super-swatting skills in everybodies favorite mondo mini game 'Fly Swat' in Mario Paint for the Super N. ;)
Untitled Untitled
I'll post some pics later, perhaps when i'm feeling Looney & Tunes. seriously though, i'm still unpacking!....Moving out as we all now can be quite a pain, but once you're settled in it's absolute NintenMagic. winky* Mega Man 6 shall be the first VintageWonder i take on for my upcoming B-day gameAthon! B-)

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

2,478. Posted:

it's too hard to find retro games in good state to buy.... since they are treated as if they were worthless in brazil you can get almost any game(no box or anything only the game itself) for R$20(about $10), that is, if you manage to find a seller.....

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,479. Posted:

I bought the best Tactical-RPG of the SNES. Guess! :)

AuthorMessage

Gregor

2,480. Posted:

My latest Retro purchase was Donkey Kong Country Returns.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising