Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 4,850

Tasuki

WaveBoy wrote:

Nothing too exciting here, But....Since the VHS player broke down on poor little Wavey 3 months or so ago, i decided to finally buy a replacement....er, just a few minutes ago. Here it tis', in all of it's glory in this Ugly Online eBay quickie photo. The guy could of at least set up a more appealing background. Not that it matters, but when i sell items on ebay i try to make a dazzling presentation, which typically leads to me throwing gaming goods on my bright pure white shag rug.

Untitled

Anyhoo, I'm donatello 'n dieing to watch my VHS copies of Masters of the Universe, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and TMNT: Attack of the Killer pizza's.....I want that old school fuzzy 240i resolution and nostalgic warpy' sound bursting out of my retro set up. Man, as soon as i see that F.H.E(Family Home entertainment ) animated Log jolt up on the screen before Attack of the Killer Pizzas I'm going to go Ape Sh** nostalgic and freak the fido dido out!

Untitled

There was just something about that logo growing up that just stuck with me..... Same with the DIC kid. Magical stuff indeed.

Untitled Untitled

OMG the moment I saw that FHE logo that sound followed by that music chime popped into my head. Good memories indeed.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@shpy
looks like youve been doing a lot of game picking upping

That's the way game-chasin' go!

you arent ever lying.
also, if i eat one more of these:
Untitled
im gonna die

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

Okay I did buy another Sega CD game.
Silpheed. It looks kind of fun after testing it.
But I think Starfox still won the polygonal space shooter war of '93.

Now if I could figure out what's background and what's obstacles, I could avoid frequent GAME, OHVAAAR.

KingMike

PrincessSugoi

WaveBoy wrote:

Anyhoo, I'm donatello 'n dieing to watch my VHS copies of Masters of the Universe, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and TMNT: Attack of the Killer pizza's.....I want that old school fuzzy 240i resolution and nostalgic warpy' sound bursting out of my retro set up. Man, as soon as i see that F.H.E(Family Home entertainment ) animated Log jolt up on the screen before Attack of the Killer Pizzas I'm going to go Ape Sh** nostalgic and freak the fido dido out!

Untitled

WAAAYYYY too many feels right now from seeing this. Omg. Childhood, where did you go? ;______;

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Big_L91

Banjo-tooie, £44, you dont know how long ive been after this gem from my childhood

boxed too might i add.

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

StarFalco

The Karate Kid on NES

All In The Reflexes

Switch Friend Code: SW-1852-3950-9117 | My Nintendo: StarFalco | Nintendo Network ID: StarFalco | Twitter:

StarBoy91

@Scarhino89 - Denver the Dinosaur I remember watching it when I was very little.

As for my recent purchase, I've bought Yoshi's Cookie for the SNES on eBay, so it should arrive in just a few days. Can't wait!

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

SphericalCrusher

Trying not to buy too many retro games since I already have a massive collection, but we have a retro video game store that opened up 20 minutes from my house. Recently I bought Maximum Carnage (Genesis, box and all, perfect), several N64 games that I didn't own (Cruisin' USA, Rugrats, Toy Story 2), and Stunt Race FX (SNES). I'm probably going back there today, since I have $30 in credit... may get Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire on GBA since I never owned them. Not sure what else though. I do need a new N64 memory card! I am on the lookout for a Wave bird also.

Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0223-8931 | Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter:

KingMike

You gonna be testing if they still stick on anything?

KingMike

KingMike

I... think... I ordered a Gourmet Squadron Barayarou cart (but I hope I didn't order three due to site issues, I can't afford that!), but I'm not paying the outrageous price for a complete. And also The Great Battle V while I find a not-super-insane-priced cart (since a physical copy of Wild Guns is out of my reach. half.com, why do you continue to taunt me with the false hope of "Buy for $14.99" At least their site is no longer telling me I can buy Surprise at Dinosaur Peak for $19.99.)

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

I... think... I ordered a Gourmet Squadron Barayarou cart (but I hope I didn't order three due to site issues, I can't afford that!), but I'm not paying the outrageous price for a complete. And also The Great Battle V while I find a not-super-insane-priced cart (since a physical copy of Wild Guns is out of my reach. half.com, why do you continue to taunt me with the false hope of "Buy for $14.99" At least their site is no longer telling me I can buy Surprise at Dinosaur Peak for $19.99.)

oh yeah, how much was gourmet squadron?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Furealz

I've bought NES Castlevania recently and on the last level of Super Castlevania IV. I've been thinking of getting Wrecking Crew and Clu Clu Land because of NES Remix but undecided because of the price. Nintendo needs to have a sale on VC soon....and for ones I don't already have! Bassturdz..

Furealz

Nintendo Network ID: Furealz

RancidVomit86

Untitled

Some reason I never bought this on DC. Rented it and enjoyed it with every intention of buying it but never did. Got it now though so all good.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

KingMike

ogo79 wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Before $63, after using some site credit, around $30 I think.
$40 for Great Battle V, which probably isn't a great price but still better than ebay.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

supermario182

i just got Soul Calibur II, Crash Bandicoot Wrath or Cortex, Sphynx and the Cursed Mummy, SSX Tricky, and Rainbow Six 3 for gamecube, for all under 40 bucks ( plus a free 10 dollar credit for getting a points card!)

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
my website
play my games and demos here!!

Twitter:

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Before $63, after using some site credit, around $30 I think.
$40 for Great Battle V, which probably isn't a great price but still better than ebay.

thats a great price on gourmet 63 or 30

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

WaveBoy wrote:

What in the hell happened to Ronald, Grimmace, the Hamburgler, Talking McNuggets and all of the other characters that inhabited McDonalds Land that made McDonalds commercials so magical?

Parents who can't tell their kids "no" when they whine to eat at McDonalds every time they see a commercial, put the blame on McDonalds for making commercials.

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic