Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,441 to 2,460 of 3,513

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,441. Posted:

Strange, I've never seen a "green" Game Boy cart. Bought plenty of brownish games for cheap.
I did once see a EU Hammerin' Harry GB cart, which I've only later been told even with a bad label I should've bought as the game is supposedly super-rare.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,442. Posted:

@the_shpydar: Looks like an awesome place, wish I had place like that near me.
@WaveBoy: Yeah stock photo ebaying is sketchy man. I took a chance one time and got a CIB TMNT IV Turtles in Time with the color manual, Made in Japan version and no lame Farley Fruit Snacks on the manual for $25. I'm thinking I will not press my luck and just quite while I am ahead. Anyway, let me know how it is if you haven't been mutated by it. :P

I picked this up for $10 at the local retro store. I was surprised to find a nice condition CIB NES game for cheap around me. I never really have luck at the brick and mortar stores. Jaleco games are pretty awesome I am discovering, well other than boring Bases Loaded.
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,443. Posted:

Jaleco NES games never did seem to be huge demand games.
Though I think Shatterhand seems to have become in demand (though the value on Whomp 'Em seems to be kind of over the place on ebay.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,444. Posted:

Untitled
thats another good jaleco game

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,445. Posted:

Well, I ordered that 2010 Street Fighter, not SF4, but the one where scientist cyborg ninja Ken will die repeatedly the first enemy in the game! :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,446. Posted:

• Dark Chronicle (PS2)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/p2/d/k/dkc2p20f.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,447. Posted:

It's that time again ...
Untitled

Legit SEALED copy (i.e., no B.S. fake shrink-wrapping or re-glued box)! The highlight of my E.T. empire thus far.

Major props to @ogo79 for giving me a heads-up on the auction for this one! :*
(@ogo — you saw what the list price was — can you believe no one else bid on it? sealed copies usually list for 2x or 3x what I got it for!)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,448. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

It's that time again ...
Untitled

Legit SEALED copy (i.e., no B.S. fake shrink-wrapping or re-glued box)! The highlight of my E.T. empire thus far.

Major props to @ogo79 for giving me a heads-up on the auction for this one! :*
(@ogo — you saw what the list price was — can you believe no one else bid on it? sealed copies usually list for 2x or 3x what I got it for!)

wow it already got there?
yeah what i did was threaten the entire database of ebay by telling them not to let anyone bid on it or i was going to spam email all of them all a pic of good ole jumpy garmentless. no one wanted anything to do with that, it was the surefire way of reserving that et game.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,449. Posted:

Anybody want to get me an Atari 2600 for my upcoming 29th bugs bunny birthday blowout? Need to plop in Halloween for this Halloween October. Wouldn't mind revisiting PitFall either. I'll make sure to play it at night with a recording of crickets chirping in the background to get the full effect.....Scratch that, to get the full effect I'd need a crusty vintage wood panel tube tv from the early 80's. ;)

Untitled

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,450. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Anybody want to get me an Atari 2600 for my upcoming 29th bugs bunny birthday blowout? Need to plop in Halloween for this Halloween October. Wouldn't mind revisiting PitFall either. I'll make sure to play it at night with a recording of crickets chirping in the background to get the full effect. ;)

ill send you a box full of real chirping crickets for your birthday.
for the 2600 id suggest kickstarter :*

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,451. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Anybody want to get me an Atari 2600 for my upcoming 29th bugs bunny birthday blowout? Need to plop in Halloween for this Halloween October. Wouldn't mind revisiting PitFall either. I'll make sure to play it at night with a recording of crickets chirping in the background to get the full effect. ;)

ill send you a box full of real chirping crickets for your birthday.
for the 2600 id suggest kickstarter :*

But what will i feed the chirping crickets? Looks like we're going to the Golden Corral!

Untitled

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,452. Posted:

Again with the Golden Corral.
Well, if it's anything like it's arch-nemesis Old Country Buffet (and I presume that applies to any other Buffet Inc. restaurant), might as well be eating cricket-chow. :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,453. Posted:

@WaveBoy: Still no Atari 2600 yet? Does Skeletor have you locked up at Snake Mountain somewhere? Anyway, I just did a search for "Atari 2600" on eBay and saw all the tantalizing things available! Also, so cheap too compared to SNES stuff. When ever I am super satisfied with me NES and SNES collection I may just look to add to my Atari collection. I absolutely dig the late 70's early 80's flavor. Do you remember iron-on t-shirts?

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

2,454. Posted:

Not sure why anyone would want to play Atari 2600 these days. I had one growing up and I don't ever want to play those games again tbh. NES games are sooooo much more fun to play.

Edited on by bezerker99

bezerker99

AuthorMessage

MAB

2,455. Posted:

Without the Atari you wouldn't have modern day equivalents like...

COD

LOZ

STARFOX

METROID

MAB

AuthorMessage

Samurai_Goroh

2,456. Posted:

Don't want to lurk moar, so two questions:
1) By retro, you mean original cartridges and consoles, or is Virtual Console also acceptable?
2) Is GameCube "retro" yet?

If the answer to 1) is positive, then I say Super Street Fighter II:The New Challengers (Wii Virtual Console)
If the answer to 1) is negative, then I say 007: From Russia with Love for Nintendo GameCube.
If the answer to both 1) and 2) are negative, then I would have to say Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, the original Game Boy cartridge I bought over two years ago.

Samurai_Goroh

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,457. Posted:

It probably would've been cheaper to buy obscure platformer Oscar as the multi-part DSi game on eShop than to buy the single Super Nintendo cart on eBay, but I did it anyways. :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,458. Posted:

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

Don't want to lurk moar, so two questions:
1) By retro, you mean original cartridges and consoles, or is Virtual Console also acceptable?
2) Is GameCube "retro" yet?

If the answer to 1) is positive, then I say Super Street Fighter II:The New Challengers (Wii Virtual Console)
If the answer to 1) is negative, then I say 007: From Russia with Love for Nintendo GameCube.
If the answer to both 1) and 2) are negative, then I would have to say Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, the original Game Boy cartridge I bought over two years ago.

Here are my personal thoughts:
1) By retro, you mean original cartridges and consoles, or is Virtual Console also acceptable? I say original cartridges and consoles since we already have specific VC sections on NintendoLife.
2) Is GameCube "retro" yet? I don't consider it so but for this site yes. Pre Wii is retro.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,459. Posted:

Another visit to the Video Games Garage, another haul:

Untitled

Donkey Kong for ColecoVision
Jungle Hunt for Atari 2600
X-Men for Sega Genesis (with box and manual)
Karate Kid for NES
Pro Wrestling for NES
NES Max controller

Huzzah! :)

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,460. Posted:

Showing my b/c PS3 some love with some PS2 games that contain classic retro games. Also got the Genesis version of Castle of Illusion for preordering the remake.

Untitled

Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery