Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 4,850

mimi85

Finally, I have got a boxed Mega Man X (SNES) and a coplete GBA sp AGS 101.
I am quite happy.

mimi85

Ryno

Oh man, I just entered a whole 'nother world.

Untitled Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Oh man, I just entered a whole 'nother world.

Untitled Untitled

enjoy yer gunmans proof, the satisfaction starts at the title screen.
fantastic game.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

Rendering Ranger was supposed to be called Targa in the west but, according to the creator, his publisher told him nobody wanted it (though he doesn't believe that).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

the_shpydar

Since I got my Christmas shopping done last night, I decided to hit up the retro shop today. Here's the haul:
Untitled
Jaws (NES)
Karnov (NES)
Rygar (NES)
R.C. Pro-Am with manual (NES)
Slalom (NES)

Untitled
Pitfall! - less common Blue Label version (Atari 2600)
Dragon Quest VI (Super Famicom)
^The first and only Fami/SuperFami game I own. I don't even have a SuperFami, but I couldn't pass this up.

Untitled
Nintendo 64 with purple/see-through controller
As some of you may know, my 64 is fugatched, so I decided to get a replacement until I can figure out what's wrong with my original.

Merry Retromas to you all!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

I know one of the other regulars in this thread would say the problem with the N64 is that it's a N64.
(but I disagree )

I've ordered a Crash 'n the Boys cart.
Tried to make a retro-related purchase on another site only to find the site's ordering functionality is down.

KingMike

KarrotMan

Got two Megadrive carts as a Christmas gift for my friend who plans to buy one next year. The guy who sold me the games was kind enough to let me play his Megadrive which was awesome after playing through Wily Wars, Street fighter 2, some light gun game and Sonic & Knuckles. And to top that off, he also tossed in a free cart just because he's a nice guy.

Suffice to say, I'll be buying a modded Super Famicom (Plays all region games) from him next year.

Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

KarrotMan

@Tasuki after playing a good deal with Wily Wars, I found the shots not as responsive as the nes games. In Magnet Man's stage in the NES game, I could destroy the giant spring enemies before they can fire a second homing Missile. But still, I enjoyed playing the games I love in a new aesthetic, even if it was not as vibrant as the NES games. I'll definitely nab a copy once the guy gets an extra cart just to introduce my friend to my fave Game series.

@CanisWolfred We've been acquainted for years now D: How could you miss that?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

RancidVomit86

Well, my girlfriend and I did our Christmas early since we are going to be busy all day Christmas day running around and after my depression over losing a game I had in the past she went out and bought it for me along with a indigo GCN since all I had was black and platinum.

Untitled

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Tasuki

@Karakato: Yeah I know what you mean about the shot thing. I am having minor problems with that due to it throwing my timing off like how you explained. Also I noticed that if I hit anything while in the Rush Marine it would cause Mega Man to exit the Rush Marine. Very much a pain in the Gemini Man stage.

@RancidVomit86: Nice buy there. I still have my copy of that and hopefully after the holidays I can get me a Gamecube.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingMike

Sweet, I got my Super Fighter copy of Nightmare Busters for the SNES today.

KingMike

Nintenjoe64

Does VC count? If yes it was Link to the Past. If no it was Metroid Prime 2. When the game arrived it was Metroid Prime instead. Very annoying.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

CanisWolfred

That happened to me once - I bought a copy of Shadow Hearts 3 and I got Shadow Hearts 1. Only difference is that Shadow Hearts 1 was the better game and I didn't have it already.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

cool

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

KingMike wrote:

Awesome, looking forward to getting my copy. Also, looks like the price has gone up $10.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

I got a CD-only Android Assault for Sega CD. Should be getting a Robo Aleste disc soon and a CIB Dungeon Explorer.
Too bad the remaining good SCD games I'd want are quickly getting too expensive.
Has the AVGN made people want to start finding good games after he's ripped on a few examples of why the console was so disliked: FMV games and also-on-cart games with CD music (like Sol-Feace)?

KingMike

Tasuki

Ok so a trip to my local Retro game store yield for me

Untitled

as well as

Untitled

(Yeah I know the pic is the PAL version but I got the NA version)

I have been in a PS mode lately so I have been going back and picking up some PS one and PS2 retro goodieness.

@Ogo79: Oh and if you are ever in Northern California give me a shot the retro store had a complete copy of Earthbound for the low low price of $999.99

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic