Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,421 to 2,440 of 3,548

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,421. Posted:

@CanisWolfred I don't know if you already knew E.V.O.: Search for Eden (SNES) but I bought it and this cartridge was modified all the same in PAL version. ;)

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,422. Posted:

Scarhino89 wrote:

@CanisWolfred I don't know if you already knew E.V.O.: Search for Eden (SNES) but I bought it and this cartridge was modified all the same in PAL version. ;)

What do you mean by modified? They do something with the original cartridge or is it a repro?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Powerglove2

2,423. Posted:

id say these were my more recent good buys....

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Powerglove2

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,424. Posted:

For the Super Famicom, Dr. Ufouria (though they technically called it Hebereke's Popoitto because Nintendo might not agree and the other Hebereke block puzzle (Hebereke's Popoon). There is Hebreke's Oishii Puzzle, but I can't play that because, crossword puzzles. And Alice's Paint Adventure because why not? :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

NintendoLink

2,425. Posted:

My last purchase was Pocky and Rocky for the super nintendo.
Untitled

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,426. Posted:

@Ryno That's with an US cartridge to switch in PAL version. I've commanded to the eBay site.

Mickey to Donald Magical Adventure 3 (SNES) switched also in PAL version.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,427. Posted:

@Powerglove2

Kind sir of Power glove Nation, would you mind donating me that CIB copy of Mega man 7 and that Mario Paint 'pop' picture. I would gladly trade you my shnazzy latest retro-Vintage purchase i snagged down on my trip to Video Land.

Untitled

Think about the possibilities....Sizzling coke pouring out of a 1983 Baker Smurf party Glass + Crusty-rad Noid Domino's Pizza all in the power of your glove, er hands! Get N or get out! ;) The choice is yours Wizard.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Powerglove2

2,428. Posted:

sorry the tags on them are higher than that ,its $400 for MM7 and $300+ for the mario paint sign as it seems to be 1ofakind lol but that only be if i was selling or trading ;)

Powerglove2

AuthorMessage

MeWario

2,429. Posted:

NintendoLink wrote:

My last purchase was Pocky and Rocky for the super nintendo.
Untitled

Wow! I forgot about that game! I used to rent it every weekend :D

My latest retro purchase is Fantatstic Four #52 (I know it's not a game but still exciting!)

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,430. Posted:

MeWario wrote:

My latest retro purchase is Fantatstic Four #52 (I know it's not a game but still exciting!)

First appearance of Black Panther! NICE! :)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,431. Posted:

I'm sure I had at least one of those Smurf glasses as kid but it sadly did not live through the '90s, maybe even '80s. :(

And on to that last order, I tacked on Bimmy's adventure on the Famicom. I hear it was a bit more refined over the NES, and he learned how to spell his name. :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,432. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@Wavinstein Just fire up your WiiU Internet Browser on that plasma with the nice black levels and awesome PQ, grab a huge bucket of 80's popcorn and kick yer feet up brodudeski...
Untitled
MAB's Theatre has officially reopened ;)

FRIGHT NIGHT 2

Thanks MAB for the tricker treats & tips, hopefully the quality won't look as putrid and pixelated as ogo's chunky sasquatch a** , but i'd rather watch fright Night II on my 27" Tube. :p Then again, i need to stop being so picky. I could always settle for a copy of it on VHS for $50, But $50 for a copy of a sequal that i haven't even seen yet on VHS sounds a little....domino's, if you catch my Fido dido drift. B-) :*

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

faint

2,433. Posted:

Ms. Pac Man and Hyper Space (Atari 2600)
Marble Madness (NES)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
I spent about 10 or 12 bucks.

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

Powerglove2

2,434. Posted:

just snagged this! its a beauty! took forever to find one this mint/damn near perfect, but i gotz itz ^_^ lol
now i have 3,like they say "3rd times the charm" i guess haha. just wish my other 2 were this nice :/

Untitled

Edited on by Powerglove2

Powerglove2

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

2,435. Posted:

I'm not sure how, but I ended buying two GBA games today: Sword of Mana and Megaman Battle Chip Challange (I only intended to buy the mana game, but the seller sold me the other one at half the price because it was literally their last GBA game).

Anyone played these before?

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,436. Posted:

Picked up a bunch of loose games in a local store.
I remember seeing a Family Fun Fitness cart of Athletic World at that store many months ago, as was surprised it was still there (after the price is kind of over the place on ebay). I suppose that can make a collection piece.
Got my only unlicensed NES game, Super Sprint (well, if I don't care repro Mr. Gimmick). Though about getting the FC version, but those seemed to sell for more.
Dragon's Revenge, Ex-Mutants, RoadBlasters and a no-label DecapAttack for Genesis. Took a risk on the last one for it turns maybe I could've done better. Oh well.
Kwirk, Mickey's Dangerous Chase and Indy The Last Crusade for Game Boy.
All total an average of $4 each.
Not sure if AVGN necessarily boosted the price of the NES (UBI) version of Indy, but nice to play that for cheap, maybe. The same with Cliffhanger, now that Pat the Punk reviewed it (when he finds out you take damage if you stand in one place too long without pausing the game and he's like "oh, real cute, game designers. You can't just decide when you want to be realistic.") Looks pretty expensive for the NES version, was it always that way? (so I bought the GB cart)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

2,437. Posted:

So I discovered a cool local retro place: http://www.facebook.com/VideoGameGarage
It's not really a store, but rather a sort-of semi-permanent garage sale out of a storage space style garage. LOTS of stuff, ranging from the Atari era all the way to 7th Gen, including games (both loose and boxed), systems (again, both loose and boxed), controllers, accessories, etc. The guys running it are very cool and know their stuff, and prices seem to be reasonable.

Sadly, they did not have any boxed copies of ET (though plenty of loose carts, of course), and they were actually a bit impressed with my obsession and possession of a bunch of CIB copies :D

This is what I picked up today:
Untitled

CIB Aladdin for Genny, T&C Surf Design for NES (with sleeve) and DK for the 2600. Total = $20.
Definitely will be hitting them up again; next time i'll probably bring by some of my 2600 duplicates to sell (they buy stuff as well).

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

zeldafoursword

2,438. Posted:

my cousin just gave me his old super snes with 5 games also in a local store i just bought super mario all stars for my new snes! :D

zeldafoursword

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,439. Posted:

@the_shpydar
needs more et

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,440. Posted:

Now my toitle TMNT GameBoy collection is complete. B-)......But wait a second.
Untitled
When i yanked it out of the package the GB TMNT III cover sticker was completely faded drenched in a pure green nasty hue as if somebody dumped some goopy 'n green mutagen on my poor little cart. I feel...Dirty.lol this just can't go in my GB collection now....I won't allow it. lol Note to self, never buy anything from eBay with a stock photo ever again even IF the sellers overall rating is extremely solid. Still looking forward to playing it as it's the black sheep of the TMNT-gaming family. Turtle meets Metroid i guess you could say. ;)

Edited on by WaveWarlock