Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 4,850

KingMike

I should've bought the Time Diver game before it was well-known and the prices went up (because the game can only be bought through means which cannot be explained here. I was able to get JP originals of all those released games, though I wouldn't blame people for going to desperately get Moon Crystal. I needed site credit, saved up from buying like a hundred other games, to convince me to get the real game from the site I bought from.)

Edited on by LzWinky

KingMike

ogo79

woops forgot one game:
7-secret ties

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

BurgerTime, Caveman Ninja, Bad Dudes, Heavy Barrel, oh my!

dont forget about wizard fire nooblet!

Oh I didn't forget about Wizard Fire, it is probably the game I am looking forward to the most on this. I just didn't mention because all the serfs are probably unfamiliar with it. Also, as Canis mentioned, I'm looking forward to pop it likes it hot in Magical Drop III.

@ogo79: Dang man, why do you have to keep introducing to more "Japan only" or "completed but never released" games? Oh yeah and eat communism!

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

@Ryno nope thats not where i got them from lol
i dont think im really allowed to post that here, it gets overlooked but i dont want to abuse anything

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

@ogo79: Ok, how about this, does this site have a alligator in their logo?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

@ogo79: Ok, how about this, does this site have a alligator in their logo?

lol its not them either. ive did business with all the sites but theres one guy in particular who has his business together. when im hauling a mass order for something like that im going to go to the real deal

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

You know that screenshot is from a hoax version of the game?
Then again, your comment suggests you are.
(for anyone who needs the backstory: in 2005, some guy went on a game collectors forum called Digital Press and said he found a Bio Force Ape cart at a garage sale or something. Discussion exploded between the "ROMmunists" who wanted to see it dumped for everyone to play, and the "buttery" collectors (I know at least one ROM preservationist who had then stereotyped collectors as fat nerds) who wanted the game purely as a financial investment. The "owner" continued to make up the game's storyline, with nobody seeming to notice how it COINCIDENTALLY followed the exchange of insults in the thread, featurning an anti-communism ape fighting a butter blob who announces "I AM MADE OF BUTTER AND AM WORTH 2K MONIES" (as the collectors appraised a proto at about $2000).
Eventually the "owner" decided the prank had run its course and posted a photo of the fake cart smashed.
The prototype of the real game turned up in 2010. I remember seeing that cart also fake-smashed. Around the same time, another guy was working on a homebrew version of the game based on the hoax.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

You know that screenshot is from a hoax version of the game?
Then again, your comment suggests you are.
(for anyone who needs the backstory: in 2005, some guy went on a game collectors forum called Digital Press and said he found a Bio Force Ape cart at a garage sale or something. Discussion exploded between the "ROMmunists" who wanted to see it dumped for everyone to play, and the "buttery" collectors (I know at least one ROM preservationist who had then stereotyped collectors as fat nerds) who wanted the game purely as a financial investment. The "owner" continued to make up the game's storyline, with nobody seeming to notice how it COINCIDENTALLY followed the exchange of insults in the thread, featurning an anti-communism ape fighting a butter blob who announces "I AM MADE OF BUTTER AND AM WORTH 2K MONIES" (as the collectors appraised a proto at about $2000).
Eventually the "owner" decided the prank had run its course and posted a photo of the fake cart smashed.
The prototype of the real game turned up in 2010. I remember seeing that cart also fake-smashed. Around the same time, another guy was working on a homebrew version of the game based on the hoax.

bratwurst is a mischievous guy
that thread is legendary

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

Yes, there was Spot for the NES and Game Boy, which was a port of a puzzle game. (I can't remember if the original computer game it was based on had the license or if that was only added in the port)
Then there was Spot's Cool Adventure, which was a Game Boy sequel to McKids (though in Europe and Australia both the NES and Game Boy versions were released as McDonaldland).
Then Cool Spot.

So I hear Joe & Mac is actually a hard to find game (at least the NES version, I'd imagine the PAL version even moreso). Though I thought the SNES version was better (all other versions were based on the arcade), but that might just be me.

KingMike

Tasuki

KingMike wrote:

Yes, there was Spot for the NES and Game Boy, which was a port of a puzzle game. (I can't remember if the original computer game it was based on had the license or if that was only added in the port)

Originally the PC game didnt have the licensed and was set as a budget game titled Infection, but then they added the license and increased the price.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

Grabbed myself a copy of Final Fantasy Adventure. I wasn't going to get any more gameboy games, but it looked like it had never been played before, and it wasn't super expensive, either, so I bought it. Just played about 30 minutes, and it plays great so far. Reminds me of Crystalis (which I was just playing earlier this morning), except far more refined.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

Watching a replay of Pat the NES Punk's charity marathon, the retro commercials sold me on a Rare game that's got to be uncommon at least, Wizards & Warriors 3 for $9 shipped looks nice. Haven't decided if I should buy Fabio's game to finish the set.
(though glad I didn't have to pay to watch Pat's videos yet after one of the non-retro commercials crashed the video. )

And one of the retro ads I saw was for Air Fortress, advertising itself as a game that was going to be in the NWC. Great. Put finishing level 6 of that game as one of the challenges, also the speed bike level of Battletoads (if that game had been created yet).

KingMike

CanisWolfred

Woohoo! Got myself a copy of Dragon Warrior from the library book sale! And it only cost me a dollar. Now if I hadn't come to terms with this game, that would've been the perfect opportunity to literally chuck this game out of the top story window, but now I think I'll actually play it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

King's Quest V for the NES.
I think too much Absence (from my collection will) Makes The Wallet (eventually) Go Emptier

KingMike

the_shpydar

KingMike wrote:

King's Quest V for the NES.
I think too much Absence (from my collection will) Makes The Wallet (eventually) Go Emptier

Nice get. With my absolute love for the King's Quest series, I really need to grab this one day (despite having the PC version).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

An oddity I noticed is that while that game is a battery-backup game (though giving a choice using either RAM save or passwords) , it seems to have the normal gray caution label than the gold label they typically used.

I also realized I should open my Genesis controller to see if it's dirty (after trying Contra: Hard Corps on my friend's console, to realize my controller seems to want to be the one in control ) but I can't find any screwdrivers small enough. I guess that will need to be another "retro" purchase.

KingMike

SubBronze

Just found this at a charity shop for cheap:
Untitled

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Gso

Bulby wrote:

Untitled

Looks like a sweet deal

Gso

Nintendo Network ID: gisotelog

RancidVomit86

Bulby wrote:

Untitled

Damn and it came with good game too rather than crap

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Tasuki

Well I know I said that I was leaving but I had to come back to share this incredible news. Not so much a retro purchase though more of a retro find.

Well today I was cleaning out my storage shed and found my box that I had stored all my old NES game boxes in. As I was digging around in it I remembered alot of them but to my surprise I found a Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers 2 box still wrapped in the plastic wrap although it was opened at the top to take the game out. I nearly had an accident in my pants when I saw this. I knew I have the game in fact its in my retro game room but I dont remember it coming in the box. .

Yeah so needless to say my copy of Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers 2 is now CIB. I am not sure if I want to sell it now or hang on to it. Of course if I do decide to sell it I will let you guys know cause I know with you guys it will get a new retro home.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic