Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 4,850

ogo79

fresh off the press and soon to be fresh on my chest:
Untitled
sexy giygas pin:
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

So my local retro store changed locations from the garage to a cool basement shop in the Big Chief Lewis building. By the way, this is Big Chief Lewis:

Untitled

He's sort of a Long Island landmark; about 5-6 meters tall, and been around for as long as I can remember. Also makes it easy to give directions to the building (located next to him) — "Just look for the big frickin' Indian!"

Anyways, here's my pick-ups this time:
Untitled

ColecoVision: Donkey Kong Junior, and a Coleco controller insert for WarGames (I already own the game, possibly my fave on ColecoVision)
NES: Legend of Kage (one of my favorites; every review you've read is simply wrong) and Super Mario Bros. (which I somehow did not have in my collection), along with sleeve and a manual (for the Duck Hunt/SMB combo cart, but thrown in for free, yay)
N64: Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker — been wanting to get this for a while, so I pounced on it. Sadly though, my N64 has been acting up lately ...

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Sadly though, my N64 has been acting up lately ...

how much for the white and pink horse?
also, take apart yer n64 and rub the connectors with 91% alcohol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

ogo79 wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Sadly though, my N64 has been acting up lately ...

how much for the white and pink horse?
also, take apart yer n64 and rub the connectors with 91% alcohol

Yeah, think i'm gonna have to do that. The system has been randomly resetting — sometimes it'll reset repeatedly at game starting screens, sometimes it'll be fine for like 5 minutes and then reset (which is more annoying). Grrrr....

Also, Big Chief Lewis would never part with his beloved horse ... unless he gets to into his mighty peace pipe ...

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

With the money I'm saving not going to Golden Corral, I can afford to buy a cart and manual for Steel Empire for Genesis. Probably average, but then that would still make it the best Flying Edge (aka LJN for Sega) game I've played.
(and the comments on the gameplay video I saw went in the direction of saying only weird people like those who don't like Justin Bieber would play this game. Well, then I am glad to be weird, and play a ton of games most people never heard of.)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

With the money I'm saving not going to Golden Corral

im more than sure that was a typo

the_shpydar wrote:

EisenhowerJones

I picked up Rockman 2 and Dr. Mario for my Famicom, and beat up PSX from Hard off this weekend.

EisenhowerJones

KingMike

My last purchase? THAT IS SPARTAN. TIMES TWO.
(aka Kung Fu 2, for the Famicom, which I realized isn't as insanely expensive if I ignore CIB copies. Unless my skills have decreased in recent years, I'll probably still finish it in as many minutes as dollars spent on the game. )
Not sure why one Japanese gameplay video calls it a kusoge, it is pretty good with the only problem being that normal mode is fairly easy. Which I like more than the first game. The first strangling guy always kills me on that one.

KingMike

Ryno

@CountWavula: Nice, I bet you are going to play that for like less than 5 minutes knowing your attention span. Haha... Is every level in that Dr. Wily Castle?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

RancidVomit86

@CountWavula Ah jeez that brings back terrible memories of the Tiger Street Fighter 2 one I had as a kid. It was aweful but I could play it for hours on a car ride.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

KingMike

Ryno wrote:

@CountWavula: Nice, I bet you are going to play that for like less than 5 minutes knowing your attention span. Haha... Is every level in that Dr. Wily Castle?

Five minutes is pretty long for a Tiger game.
(and do I want to know what sort of crimes that thing commits to the Mega Man 2 soundtrack?)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

yeah i had that mm2 handheld, makes you want to play the real version lol

the_shpydar wrote:

Brutapode89

I bought the Super Retro Advance Adapter. With this one, we can play GBA games on Super Nintendo.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

Ryno

BurgerTime, Caveman Ninja, Bad Dudes, Heavy Barrel, oh my!
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

BurgerTime, Caveman Ninja, Bad Dudes, Heavy Barrel, oh my!
Untitled

dont forget about wizard fire nooblet!

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

Maybe the AVGN review got a few more views to my old videos I posted a few years ago where I play my Tiger Sonics (that I warn I had to clean out battery corrosion right before because they had been sitting in a drawer forgotten for at least a decade).

KingMike

ogo79

6 nes games on the way in my greedy hands:
1-bashi bazook
2-bio force ape
3-time diver eon man
4-moon crystal
5-cosmo police galivan
6-getsu fuuma den
2 more games left and im done collecting until a new homebrew comes out i want

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic