Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,261 to 2,280 of 3,604

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,261. Posted:

like 9 people lost their bid overnight and shall wake up buttangry.
Untitled
its a retro purchase because its all old games on a wii disc.
i just got this for one game though (wizard fire)

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,262. Posted:

I bought Ultima: The False Prophet for SNES. Just under $20 shipped for an ex-rental with box and manual. Doesn't sound like a bad price (place by me wants that for cart+manual) I've wondered if the game should include a map, but I don't see any after a look on Google (and you'd think if it did, SOMEONE would have an overpriced copy permanently listed on ebay. :P )
I remember I rented that game once and I could never figure out where to go to accomplish anything in the game.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Zach777

2,263. Posted:

Mega Man 4 on the eShop

Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
Poke'Mon White 2 Friend Code: 2065-7000-4226
WiiU NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,264. Posted:

@Tasuki: Man if you find The Guardian Legend at the Goodwill make sure to pick it up. It’s a great NES game.

@Wave-Ra: Whoa, that Masters of the Universe is totally awesome. I barely remember watching it. I need to pick up a copy. I didn’t know Sting roided out to play He-Man though! :p As for my Blu ray collection, it consists of Disney movies, the LOTR, and 3D movies. I do have the TMNT collection which sorta still has the grainy feel. As for DKCR, I prefer it ot he overrated mediocre Donkey Kong Country.

ogo79 wrote:

vice project doom-nes
low g man-nes
another copy of kabuki quantum fighter-nes
and the last rare/overpriced nes game i needed:
Dragon Sword
yaay

Congratulations on getting your “last rare/overpriced nes game needed”! Also, Vice Project Doom is a great game.

I picked up a sealed copy of Final Fantasy IV. I never beat Final Fantasy II on the SNES as a kid so maybe I get around to beating it someday

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

2,265. Posted:

today's finds:

Untitled

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

2,266. Posted:

@Mk_II
Yet another impressive pile of variety filled retro goodies! Clearly, the Jungle Book Lunch box is the standout. Now you have a spiffy special place to store your Moldy Mowgli bananas and other bearNecessity-like hootenanny. Good job Captain Vintage. :*

@ogo_79
So i take it your a fan of the Friday the 13th movies? Part 4 Jason I'd say ranks 2nd best, 1st place would have to go to Part 3 Jason. The scene towards the end of Part 3 where jason unmasked is hissing out that window scared the absolute Brunette out of my mullet back then when MTV actually played music! Also, nice Mega Man figure...I need to get me one of those and stop spending money on more luxurious items such as ET Cereal fridge magnets haha. Yet it's too bad that the selection in regards to the Mega Man toys is rather weak & random....

There's only shadowman, Elecman, Mega Man & Protoman. I wouldn't mind getting an Air, Wood or Bubble(He's my favorite Robot Master) man figure if they actually existed! And they probably never will because I'm assuming these figures didn't exactly sell too well! :p Oh and I never knew that Data east retro collection exsisted on the Wii, apperantly all of the games are available from the start so you don't have to play the crappy ones in order to unlock the good ones. Bonus! :p

@RynoFantasy

haha. Sting? He would of made one hell of a horrible He-man. :p He's better off just sticking with the Goblin King. lol And out of pure Wii randomness, what were your thoughts on the first Super Mario Galaxy? I may be in the minority, but I found half the experience to be quite the chore. Sure, it's beaming with creativity, the graphics are beautiful, the worlds are wonderful, the score(although some of the orchestrated pieces seemed unfitting & Too much for a game centered around a chubby italian plumber that has always consisted of simple catchy pieces.) was generally top notch and even some of the motion based controls such as the web flinging and bubble blower were put to good use.

But Mario's main controls? Meh....They were just a little too slow for my liking, and possibly the worst the mario franchise has ever seen. I could never imagine replaying the entire game all over again because of this reason. Previous mario's had those quick & zippity controls, but galaxy however controls at a snails pace. The hub world was also painful to navigate....It's like, give me a SMB3 map/level selection screen instead of having to walk for a couple minutes in order to get to the next bloody stage. I couldn't even remember half the time where a particular stage WAS that i was searching for in order to get the remaining stars.lol However, Galaxy 2 looks _ a lot_ better!

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

2,267. Posted:

@Mk_II
No way!! You got all that in one day???

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,268. Posted:

Swagman, X-Files, and WCW/NWO Thunder all on PS1 and Breast Wrestler on Genesis.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,269. Posted:

@Ryno: Lol I have to laugh Ryno and are beginning to think that we are connected telepathically or something. I just started replaying my copy of FFIV Advance last night. Not as good as FF III (VI) to me but still a great game.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

bluecat

2,270. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

like 9 people lost their bid overnight and shall wake up buttangry.
Untitled
its a retro purchase because its all old games on a wii disc.
i just got this for one game though (wizard fire)

I got that collection! It's pretty fun. :)

just another day...

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

2,271. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@Mk_II
No way!! You got all that in one day???

yes. yesterday was Queen's Day here in the Netherlands and on that day the country basically turns into one giant yardsale. This was just a tiny lot compared to some previous years.

Clearly, the Jungle Book Lunch box is the standout

it's actually a console & cartridge case made by Forty-Four from the SNES / Genesis era. I spotted it and enquired about the price. Seller wanted 8 euro for the box "and everything inside". I took a quick peek, spotted some SNES carts and quickly paid the man. When i got home it turned out there were nine SNES games and two SNES controllers in the box. All that for only 8 euro!

Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Sjoerd

2,272. Posted:

@MK_II

That's quite the find, you must have been up early! Where did you get al this?

EDIT: How much did you pay for that Wavebird?! D:

Edited on by Sjoerd

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

2,273. Posted:

Sjoerd wrote:

@MK_II

That's quite the find, you must have been up early! Where did you get al this?
EDIT: How much did you pay for that Wavebird?! D:

i got up at six in the morning to prepare and hit the streets at about 7.00. The early bird catches the best worms The Wavebird was the most expensive purchase but still much cheaper than on eBay :)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,274. Posted:

@Mk_II

What's the GBA game furthest to the left?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Knux

2,275. Posted:

Earthworm Jim (Sega Genesis), Mario Party 3, Army Men: Air Combat (N64), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Genesis), Kirby Air Ride, Prince of Persia (SNES version via Wii VC), Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (TG16 version via Wii VC), Mickey's Speedway USA (GBC), Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Genesis), Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf (Genesis), Excitebike 64, Pilotwings 64, Super Battleship (Genesis), NBA Jam (Genesis), Championship Pro-Am, Prime Time NFL Starring Deion Sanders, Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue (PS1), Motocross Mania (PS1), Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 (PS1), Tetris Worlds (PS2), Donkey Kong Land, Sonic R (PC), Tekken 1 and 3 (PS1), Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 (PS1), and some WWE game for the Genesis.

Yes, I got these games over the course of around three days recently. Aside from Kirby Air Ride and the VC games; I found these games at a flea market, a store selling a bunch of various retro items, and a Game Exchange. All of these places are in the same town I currently live in. Even though I still think the internet is one of the best ways to find retro games, that doesn't mean just looking for retro games in your own town would be futile. And I got a lot of these games for a ridiculous cheap price.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

2,276. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

What's the GBA game furthest to the left?

It's a pirated version of Totally Spies!. I got all the handheld games in one big lot for very little money so I didnt bother to check 'm out.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,277. Posted:

@Ryno i agree vice project doom is a great game
@WaveBoy yes, i have always been a jason fan
@Knux you should have made a bigger purchase :*

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,278. Posted:

@WavaTroopa: I never got SMG2 because I haven’t brought myself to finish SMG. I don’t know, I found it to be chore similar to all the reasons you stated. Also around that time I got my PS3 and I ignored my Wii for awhile for the sexier machine. I hope to get back to it and complete it someday but I just wonder if I am not a fan of “3D” Mario in general. I just recently downloaded SM64 through Club Nintendo and played it for like 2 seconds. N64 graphics make me shudder like a turtle without its shell. Agreed that the music is over the top. Something just feels off. Best soundtrack of this generation is Xenoblade Chronicles bar none. Dude, you didn’t answer my question either, when you going to get the WIi U hooked up to the party wagon??? At this rate oldmanonly will have his Wii U VC collection filled up before you even try NSMBU. :P

@Tasuki: That is funny, to many times we are thinking about the same games. What can we say, we have excellent taste! I still need to get a copy of VI Advance. I want to buy it sealed so I know its legit and will save.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

swordx

2,279. Posted:

I bought Pokemon Snap on Sunday, if that's considered retro.

swordx

AuthorMessage

Knux

2,280. Posted:

@ogo79 Oh, but it's not over yet, since I got Mario Party in the mail today. :*

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990