AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,242. Posted:

Untitled
this
http://www.fangamer.net/products/10-doh-mini-figurines

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,243. Posted:

• Dino Crisis 2 (PS1)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/ps/d/i/dic2ps0f.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,244. Posted:

Drattak89 wrote:

• Dino Crisis 2 (PS1)
    W
    http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/ps/d/i/dic2ps0f.jpg

I miss the Dino Crisis games. But I'm off to do my garage selling again today so we will see what it turns up.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

2,245. Posted:

I recently took an interest in the Advance Wars series, but I don't think there will be a 3DS instalment. So while I got Fire Emblem: Awakening, I also got this:

Untitled

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

nakamura

2,246. Posted:

Very nice buy with Double Dragon Ryno. I have the JP version myself and just completed it on hard last night!

nakamura

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,247. Posted:

nakamura wrote:

Very nice buy with Double Dragon Ryno. I have the JP version myself and just completed it on hard last night!

Thanks! I wish the JP version was the NA version too. It's to be so much intended content was left out. Nice job completing it on hard.

I got a sealed copy of The Guardian Legend. A great game with a great soundtrack. I have to buy a loose cart though now to actually be able to play it. Luckily they are pretty cheap.
Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,248. Posted:

An original 1987 crusty & bad dudes-bruised rare VHS release of Masters of the Universe that i lucked out and found on eBay
amidst an army of '1993' VHS re-releases!

Untitled

This is hands down one of my favorite movies of all time. Yes, it sucked that due to it's low-ish budget they had to send our beloved Masters of the Universe to Earth for a large chunk of the film, but the actual stuff that took place in Eternia was absolutely magical. :o Frank Langella's performance as Skelator was absolutely phenomenal....He's probably the greatest Live Action SCFI villian there is. Forget Darth Vader, this is the REAL deal. Evil Lynns eyes were hypnotizing, the score is legendary(Theme song anyone?) and Dolph Lundgren physically was like thee' perfect choice for He-man. He looks like a GOD in this movie.lol My favorite moment? That would have to be Skeletor turning into a god. No other SCFI fantasy/action film has ever hit me this hard growing up or induced this much nostalgia.

This scene used to give me Goosebumps when i watched it at the age of 7. Still, the film is plagued by quite a few hilarious and unintentionally funny moments like a soldier tripping over another soldier and even another soldier tripping over a rock during one of the beginning scenes which cracks me up everytime. I mean I can't believe they let this funk slide haha. :p Anyhoo, I have this on DVD and Bluray, and sorry but the VHS release on a retro Tube TV imo offers the greatest experience period. I hate Bluray for old school horror and fantasy films.

It cleans up practically every single imperfection and grain, The crystal clear 1080p can often expose makeup flaws and weaker practical effects including wires that were well hidden on VHS, and it enhances the colors and brightness. I know this is the point...but all of this completely shatters a big chunk of the surrealism & magic, and makes these films look too squeeky clean, too realistic and modernized. These films weren't ment to be watched in HD for a reason. I will NEVER buy oldschool horror movies on bluray ever again. I prefer Bluray for modern stop motion animated films like Coraline, Frankenweenie, CG Pixar films or for Super Hero & modern fantasy flicks such as The Amazing Spiderman or The Life of Pi. For everything else? i couldn't care less.

I don't need to see Rocky Balboa's pores and crystal clear sweat pouring down his face while he's getting the beat down by Ivan Drago.
As far as older Horror & fantasy movies go. At this point, I'm far more interested in 3D than HD.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,249. Posted:

@Ryno: Whoa I missed that you got a CIB Super Double Dragon. That one makes my rental store previous played copy look like junk lol. Nice score on The Guardian Legend as well. Sadly I never played that game back in the NES era even though my friend had it for some reason it just didnt interest me at that time.

@Wavster: I know what you mean about the whole bluray vs VHS thing. I foolish sold off all my old VHS tapes about ten years ago when I moved out of my parents place. Now I cant stand watching some of my favorite flicks on DVD even. I hate it when they remaster it and update drives me insane. LEAVE MY CHILDHOOD MOVIES ALONE!!!! Hahahaha.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,250. Posted:

My copy of Guardian Legend is a sun-burned cart I bought in a local store for about $3 (when that is about what it was worth on ebay for a nice copy).
After waiting a while, I finally got a CIB Famicom board game/RPG called 100 World Story. A sunburned box, but can't really complain because it's a rare game. Also Lode Runner Twin for SFC. And with it, a Fortified Zone 2 Game Boy cart I actually almost forgot I ordered. :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,251. Posted:

@Tasuki
I hear ya man. :p I sold most of my VHS's quite a while ago and all that i have left are Disney's Peter Pan, Honey I shrunk the Kids and The Jungle Book(The exact copy i won in the early 90's at my local video store's Jungle Book coloring contest). lol As of late I've added TMNT: Attack of the Killer Pizza's, A Nightmare on Elm Street and now Masters of the Universe to my teeny weeny VHS collection and I'm hoping to build it back up for nostalgic/80's purposes hehe.

Now, i'm a big Friday the 13th fan...Well, at least with Part 1-4(human jason). SO, just for kicks i decided to get FT13th Part 2(My personal favorite) on Bluray. Boy was that a mistake.....For the exact same reasons i mentioned in my previous post. At least the older 1999 DVD release retains that gritty, fuzzier vintage-esque less colorful darker picture all in 480SD and it enhances the creep factor(oh who am i kidding, FT13th part 2 is like a pony in the scares department, leave that to Part 1 & 3), atmosphere and overall it LOOKS like it popped out of 1981 like it should. The Bluray version? HELL NO, somebody please take my copy, this just isn't how it was intended to be watched. It's hilarious how many people are rebuying their favorite horror movies on Bluray and i'm trying to get the older low grade versions on VHS and DVD haha.

I'm just not a bluray guy, i'll rent most new releases on Bluray but i don't plan on building up a Bluray collection....I do however want to get all of those Stop Motion films such as A Nightmare Before Christmas, James & The Giant Peach, Frankenweenie ect ect on Bluray as Stop motion puppets truly shine on the format. :D I'm sure The Hobbit will be quite the treat on Bluray as well, even though i couldn't care less about the Lord of the Rings films as whole.

@RynoDragon

I didn't play that much of Yoshi's Island sad to say. I caught it in action with a couple of my friends at their friend's house back when it came out and there was just nothing else like it during the time. Memories consist of their friend being utterly pissed since his mom(lol) forgot to save his progress, while in-game baby mario continued to cry in the background. How fitting for the occasion. :p Visually, Donkey Kong Country had that effect with it's unique and impressive visuals, But special pretty itty bitty graphics aside i just didn't care for the actual game, along with it's sequals. That's what i consider one of the most overrated SNES series out there. Different strokes! Perhaps the Wii sequal will change my Toobular tune!

But yup! Both Mega man 7 and Yoshi's Island are the next 2 SNES Carts i have my eye on. Knowing me, Yoshi's Island will be first up since it cost half as much as the Blue Bombers 7nth 16-bit entry in the land of Nintendo and Super. B-) I'll probably aim for a CIB copy, without those slick inserts since they boost the price up.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

NintendoDork

2,252. Posted:

I just recently bought bubble bobble and hoping to get the second game

NintendoDork

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

2,253. Posted:

NintendoDork wrote:

I just recently bought bubble bobble and hoping to get the second game

If it's the NES game good luck finding it at a decent price.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

bluecat

2,254. Posted:

Oh hey, one of these threads is here! :D

Well my most recent purchases would be right here.

SNES

• King of Monsters 2
  • Kirby's Dream Course

SFC

• Slam Dunk
  • Slam Dunk 2
  • SD Heat Up!

Game Boy

• Pocket Bomberman
  • Star Trek 25th Anniversary

Untitled

just another day...

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,255. Posted:

vice project doom-nes
low g man-nes
another copy of kabuki quantum fighter-nes
this jerk:
Untitled
this guy:
Untitled
and the last rare/overpriced nes game i needed:
Untitled
yaay

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,256. Posted:

The only Bubble Bobble 2 I have is the Game Boy game, which I think is a different game than the NES.
When I got Dragon Fighter, it was a Famicom cart for like $2.50, at a time when the NES cart could be Bought Now for like $25 (like a couple years ago). Now I see that's not the case at all. I wonder what happened? Did some Internet reviewer make a video?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,257. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I wonder what happened? Did some Internet reviewer make a video?

no lol, but other places have been asking what happened too. its just a game that flew under the radar, and a good game at that. lol

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Doggo700

2,258. Posted:

Just got original Road Rash on the megadrive .and Mortal Kombat 1 on the megadrive :)

Check Out our New Competitive Series "Retro Bros." on YOUTUBE !
https://www.youtube.com/user/RetroBros1?feature=mhee

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,259. Posted:

A few SNES manuals: Joe & Mac 1 (when did this game suddenly become valuable?), Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse ($5 and free shipping? I'll take it.), Lemmings (I can only imagine the manual to the sequel being expensive, though), Taz-Mania (game's not as good as I remember it as a kid, but from reviews I've seen, I have to wonder how many people know how to play it?).
I saw some guy selling a Super Bomberman 2 manual, and I was like "$4 shipped. Why did he still have it?" Then I see. Torn back cover. :(

KingMike

AuthorMessage

bluecat

2,260. Posted:

Sega Genesis

• Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition
  • Wiz 'N Liz

Super Nintendo

• Super Star Wars

Untitled

Edited on by bluecat

just another day...