Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 4,850

Ryno

CaptainCharlie wrote:

Not sure if this thread is only for games, but my Mother 2 piano book just arrived!

We love all things that are retro and physical here kinda like @ogo79! Everything doesn't have to be as sexy as the @the_shpydar in that Atari T-Shirt though!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

nocode

Just picked up The Lost Vikings and Final Fight for the SNES.

nocode

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2314-1034 | Nintendo Network ID: nocode

Brutapode89
  • I bought the last Squaresoft game on SNES and the cartridge is modified in PAL version with the English translation.

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/sn/t/r/tressn0f.jpg

Click here, please.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

GuSolarFlare

it's too hard to find retro games in good state to buy.... since they are treated as if they were worthless in brazil you can get almost any game(no box or anything only the game itself) for R$20(about $10), that is, if you manage to find a seller.....

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Brutapode89

I bought the best Tactical-RPG of the SNES. Guess!

Gregor

My latest Retro purchase was Donkey Kong Country Returns.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

Brutapode89

@CanisWolfred The third answer which you have just said is right.

Brutapode89

@CanisWolfred But I bought Bahamut Lagoon (SNES)!

92GTA

I just purchased a mint condition, complete, in the box, 1988 Nintendo "Action Set", 1st release with the grey zapper that only has the word "Nintendo" on it. My parents bought me one new for xmas 1988 when I was 8 and I sold it in my 20's. Took me awhile to find one EXACTLY like I had. Most of the later Action Sets had "Zapper" on the gun or were orange. Even the SuperMario/Duck Hunt cartridge has it's original slip and game manual. I bought a new sealed in the box NES cleaner too just for old times lol. I also bought the RetroZone PowerPak that I'm going to load all of the ROMs from my PC emulator onto.

The console only has it's manual, zapper manual, warranty info, and poster. Wasn't there some other paperwork like warranty registration card and a quality assurance card? Anyone have pics or a list of all the original documentation so I can track down the missing paperwork on eBay?

Thanks! Alex

Edited on by 92GTA

1988 Nintendo "Action Set", First Release. RetroZone PowerPak.

8BitSamurai

A Nintendo 64 and Genesis model 2 (With 13 games), a ton of Genesis games, 2 controllers for each (One Genesis 6-Button), and a N64 memory card.

$50.

I feel like a winner.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

CanisWolfred

8BitSamurai wrote:

A Nintendo 64 and Genesis model 2 (With 13 games), a ton of Genesis games, 2 controllers for each (One Genesis 6-Button), and a N64 memory card.

$50.

I feel like a winner.

Sounds great, what games did they come with?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

8BitSamurai

CanisWolfred wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

$50.

I feel like a winner.

Sounds great, what games did they come with?

Shining Force I and II, Sonic 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Classics 3 in 1, Batman Returns, Gauntlet IV, Eternal Champions, Tinhead, Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble, Tiny Toons Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure, and Taz in Escape from Mars.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

ogo79

8BitSamurai wrote:

$50.

I feel like a winner.

you can use the n64 as a shelf to set the sega genesis on. i got a model 2 and 3 genny myself

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

It's that time again! I'll spare y'all the picks this time, but I grabbed another 2 boxed copies of my beloved E.T., 1 CIB and one SEALED (again at an insanely cheap price for a sealed copy).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

CanisWolfred

Obviously he's buying up every copy he can find so no one else wil have to live with the torture that ET brings. He's doing the whole world a favor. Trudge on, brave soldier!
Untitled

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

My room got stinkier today.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/sahagin/gamesfc091213_...
Sekimatsu could have been an okay maze platformer, but as was typical of third-party Sony games, they had to screw it up with some of the worst jumping controls I've seen. A problem when the game uses the Gauntlet health system.
Oh, and I guess to beat it proper, you have to apparently buy this KISS-like band's musical instruments during each stage of the game (which probably means you don't have much money to spend on power-ups), and don't use a Continue or you lose them.
But that one is still mildly amusing, especially compared to the other: Super Monkey Adventure. But as much as you might praise shpydar's effort to prevent people from playing E.T., the fact is he is still leaving this game in circulation. This is probably pretty much the Famicom analogy to E.T. (but maybe worse?) Okay, maybe it's known a little because of Game Center CX because Arino needed a whole season to play this, while calling random viewers to help him (I mean, E.T. didn't have battle scenes that just ended whenever they felt like it or randomly warp you from one middle-of-nowhere location to another?)

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic