Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,181 to 2,200 of 3,449

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,181. Posted:

It's probably obscure for good reason, but I ordered a CIB copy of SimCity Jr. for the Super Famicom, as well as Pipe Dream.
Will probably re-buy a physical copy of SimCity proper later. :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,182. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@ogo79

MM7 is going to cost you an arm and a cheeto. :*
You're going to need all the Koopa coins you can get....My advice? Give Mr.Trills a halla' and he'll give you a dolla'

i know the prices on games lol, i keep up with them everyday. while on that subject, bubble bobble 2 is not going for as much as little samson. samson has been above bb2 for a long time. unless you were checking the pal version. i check a list of games everyday, the cheapest ive ever got a game for is $5.94, the most is another story

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,183. Posted:

Oh i know. I've always thought of you as one of the Retro Price tag Guru's of NL. :p As for Little Simson, holy Cobra Commander! Wasn't it going for around $200 a couple or so years back? Now it seems to be in the $600-$700 range. Sigh* I'll never a get a shot at playing this obscure gem outside of an emulator which I don't approve of(Neither does Fido Dido )

The closest I'll ever get to little Samson is this Fridge Magnet lol
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjA5/$T2eC16hHJFoE9nh6qSZ1B...

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,184. Posted:

@LittleWaveson
i got mine for $135 around 3 years ago i think
i noticed it shot up to $150 shortly after i got it, thats when i started paying more attention to game prices and buying copies of some games. its funny how all these retro game price sites are all outdated in prices, yet at the same time it goes to show just how much prices have spiked...
you could always get the pal version instead if you just want to play it, its much cheaper, or better yet the famicom version, lickle, is around 90$
let me get nerdy here for a second:
http://mobile.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&a...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,185. Posted:

@Ogo_The_Ogre79

But a Pal copy wouldn't work on an NA NES, or would it? Plus I've heard Pal copies run at 50hz, or maybe I'm wrong unless that's just soley for the PAL Wii NES emulations. As for the Japanese cart, I'd also have to buy myself a Famicom and to be honest I probably wouldn't even use it outside of Little Samson & Bubble Bobble 2. :p

I've heard Metal Storm jumped up in price as soon as the 'Happy' Video game nerd covered it in one of his YouTube Review videos a couple or few years back....There's also Ducktales 2 and Chip 'n Dale 2 dipping over the $100 mark, but i hear both are nowhere near as great as the originals. I'm still flabbergasted that they never released a Pee Wee's Playhouse or He-Man based NES game. lol.....If The 3 Stooges and Giligans Island can get their own terrible NES games, why couldn't they?

to hear "IIII haveeee the POWERRRRR!!!!" Nes-Style would of been vonderful' muhahaha. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,186. Posted:

@Wagaboy: Nice to see you finally got that MM6 (Generic stock eBay photo ftw!). I still haven't got around to finishing 4 so I have got a way to go still. I recently finished Mega Man X2 but I think it is safe to say I most surely prefer the NES originals. Someday I will fork over the Mega bolts to get them though. But seriously though, the price of NES and SNES games are ever increasing, it's getting all wild & crazy kids out there!

I agree with you totally, someone should have made a flippin' He-Man and She-Ra NES game! If I could change one thing about the world that might be it. Yeah, MetalStorm is most certainly rad. If you ever find a price that you find acceptable, I recommend getting it.

Oh, and can I borrow your Full House season 1 DVD after you have watched it 100 times to watch with LIttle Ryno?
I have never played it, but I knew I had to get Sklyblazer the more that I looked into it
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,187. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Ogo_The_Ogre79

But a Pal copy wouldn't work on an NA NES, or would it? Plus I've heard Pal copies run at 50hz, or maybe I'm wrong unless that's just soley for the PAL Wii NES emulations. As for the Japanese cart, I'd also have to buy myself a Famicom and to be honest I probably wouldn't even use it outside of Little Samson & Bubble Bobble 2. :p

A PAL cart should work in a top-loader. Though you of course could have minor graphics glitches or wrong speed music if the PAL version was re-timed over the NTSC version.
While I'm not as sure what a Famicom Bubble Bobble 2 goes for compared to the NES, I'm sure it's not cheap, either. (the genuine cart, of course I'm sure there's lots of bootlegs with it being a popular and expensive game)
I remember looking for a Famicom Jetsons for the cool rounded (almost N64-like) cart shape, and found the game to be even more elusive than the NES version. So I ended up getting a NES cart when the game was still pretty easy to find and was only selling at like $20. Now that game's value has blown up too.
I remember getting a Famicom Lickle a few years back for $30, and Naughty Kokkun's Gourmet World (Panic Restaurant) for about $25, when the NES carts were going for about $100 each.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,188. Posted:

@Rykoopa_Troopa

I never get tired of the classic mega man games, they're just too classic! :p They're easier to get into, more cheerie and light hearted, the Robot masters are just more fun and for the most part bare a Cartoony human ressemblance instead of the uninteresting oversized brain dead Maverick robot animals & insects from the X games. The X series never really hooked me, playing just 'one' feels like enough. Zero was pretty ace i've got to say, but even i'm finding it extremely tough to bump 'n jump and Dive Man-dive into the sequal! The original was HARD, and offered some of the most kinetic, energentic and prestine-pixel timing i've ever experience in anything Mega related....Jumping into Zero 2 would be more intimidating than Mr. Bad to the beetljuice bones Rudy from The Monster Squad!

And if i could change one thing about the world it would be to have TIME machines available at an affordable price at your local super market! Preferably, I would love to blast back to 84-89' I would be perfectly happy living those years on Raphael-Repeat! :* You just can't beat the music, fashion, commercials, NES gaming, cartoons, horror & Fantasy movies from that era! And of course the early early 90's at least when it came to Cartoons, Commercials and SNES gaming. winky wink*

Also, SkyBlazer is another SNES title that sadly blazed past my Electric mullet during those Super days. I'm not familar with many of these less popular 3rd party gems, i guess I need an SNES history lesson for good old Master Splinter! As for Full House, i will only lend you the complete first season IF you give me a life long supply of Sprinkled Chips Ahoy! and your Complete in Box Nes Advange. I'd say the deal is more than fair! :D

Untitled

@KingMichaelangelo
Thanks for the info! I don't want to take the chance and get a Top loader if there's a possible chance of graphical gremlin(AVGN reference hehe) glitches or a decrease in music speed. Has anybody tested Little Samson in the Top Loader Vs. a regular NES? the Famicom is straight up out of the question, i don't like the idea of having to read 8-bit japanese text while playing on that HIDEOUS Red & White junk box montrosity of a console. That thing is the nastiest looking piece of NintenPlastic, I've ever layed eyes on. It looks like a missing piece from a G1 Transformer Autobot. While the Famicom controller looks like a Mr Game & Watch dipped in Radical Red paint! At least the actual Carts looked cool! :p

The Famicom...aka > StarScream Entertainment System!

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,189. Posted:

@Waveboy
i dont notice any difference running pal games on my top loader, though they say some games do slowdown.
guess i dont have all these problems other people have lol. ive seen a list online that shows pal games that run correctly on top loaders. i dont have the pal version of little samson, but from what i know, that version runs fine. of course do some research to satisfy your curiosity

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

2,190. Posted:

Untitled

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,191. Posted:

• The first Parasite Eve (PS1) ;)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/ps/p/a/pareps0f.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,192. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

@Waveboy
i dont notice any difference running pal games on my top loader, though they say some games do slowdown.
guess i dont have all these problems other people have lol. ive seen a list online that shows pal games that run correctly on top loaders. i dont have the pal version of little samson, but from what i know, that version runs fine. of course do some research to satisfy your curiosity

Thanks for the toobular tip ObeseGamesOrca. When the time comes a knockin', I shall investigate with my classic 'n clumsy legendary mentor Inspector Gadget! But realy, it's too bad the PAL cover art has a big chunky square taking up most of the picture, but I can't be too picky...After all, it's about playing the game. Besides, it's not like it's essential to my collection anyways. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,193. Posted:

I've imported an US PS2 with--

• Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
  • Radiata Stories (PS2)
  • Grandia III (PS2)

I'm a very lucky European!!! :D

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,194. Posted:

^Indeed, especially with Tales of the Abyss.

I got tired of waiting and bought Final Fantasy Legends II. This game is great and surprisingly hilarious in terms of dialogue.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Driveshaft815

2,195. Posted:

Untitled

^ Went to my local Game Craze today to buy a new SNES controller, and to see what new SNES games they had in. Instead... I purchased myself a Dreamcast. First Sega console/handheld I have ever owned in my life, EVER. With it, I got NFL 2k1 for $1.99, and Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation for $7.99. They didn't have much to choose from. I was going to get Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but it was a bit steep in price, and I've never been big on fighting games. Never played a MvC game either, not even on XBLA.

Both games were in amazing condition, surprisingly. Complete with the original case and little CD-type booklet inside.

Untitled

Driveshaft815

Twitter: RobertKilgannon

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

2,196. Posted:

Both games were in amazing condition, surprisingly. Complete with the original case and little CD-type booklet inside.

lucky you! Used Dreamcast game cases are usually badly cracked. Nice find BTW

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,197. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Indeed, especially with Tales of the Abyss.

I got tired of waiting and bought Final Fantasy Legends II. This game is great and surprisingly hilarious in terms of dialogue.

And I had to go exchange it for a new copy. Oh well, this one seems much nicer.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

wiggy

2,198. Posted:

Here's most of my haul for March so far.

Untitled

www.rosecoloredgaming.com

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

2,199. Posted:

@Driveshaft815

Awesome find there, I have always been interested in owning a Dreamcast for some reason. They are cool and mysterious little boxes, and I've quite enjoyed Skies of Arcadia and Sonic Adventure Battle 2, albeit on my GCN. Even the console itself appears to be in pristine condition (according to the picture) :)

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

Driveshaft815

2,200. Posted:

@wiggy - Nice pick-up. That's a lot for just this month, lol. What are the Mega Man games on the bottom, are they Japanese PS games?

@Optimist_Prime Thanks! :) Definitely loving NFL 2k1 right now. Tried Tomb Raider, but seems to be a bit of a learning curve with the controls. >_> I'll dive more into that eventually.

And I was wondering... is the Dreamcast region-locked? Or will PAL/Japan games play on it?

Driveshaft815

Twitter: RobertKilgannon