Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,161 to 2,180 of 3,542

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

2,161. Posted:

Xkhaoz wrote:

WEll, soon I'm gonna order Spider Man 2 and TTYD for GC for only $1.98! :D

Wow, that even beats whenever I got Warioware Mega Party Games for $5 back in February 2012 (same day I got Rhythm Heaven Fever).

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

kevohki

2,162. Posted:

Picked up all three Xenosaga games for the PS2 (with the extra DVD included with 3), Star Ocean: Till the End of Time for the PS2, Kirby Air Ride and Twilight Princess for the GameCube.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage

16bitdave

2,163. Posted:

I traded a guy a painting for a PS2, PSP, GBA SP with a bunch of games. That was a good deal for me
Untitled
try again by Y=MX+B, on Flickr

David William
http://brainerdrainer.wordpress.com/
Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,164. Posted:

brainerdrainer wrote:

I traded a guy a painting for a PS2, PSP, GBA SP with a bunch of games. That was a good deal for me

he will never notice the difference
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,165. Posted:

Ordered a few more uncommon SFC RPGs to the collection, all CIB: Akazukin Chacha, Crystal Beans (a port of Dungeon Explorer II, I think. Might as well get it as it looks like we won't be getting the rare TGCD version on VC. I anticpate this one is going to go up in value now that a ROM translation has been finished), Bushi Seiryuuden (some platformer/RPG thing by GameFreak? I guess it was one of their last games before they nearly exclusively focused on Pokemon), Dragon Knight 4 (a strategy game, I know it's based on a hentai RPG but eh, a few bucks), Ranma RPG, Sansaara Naaga (Famicom, I need to know WTF is going on in this game :) Tried it in an emulator, it seems like as soon as you talk to anyone, the games goes nuts, displaying random text and sound effects. People tell me it's not a bug. :P ) and its SFC sequel (again, might as well grab it for a couple bucks)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

16bitdave

2,166. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

brainerdrainer wrote:

Untitled

good deal

David William
http://brainerdrainer.wordpress.com/

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,167. Posted:

I bought a Dreamcast!

http://retro.mmgn.com/Lib/Images/Articles/Normal/Sega-Dreamca...

With--

• Grandia II

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/dc/g/r/grandc0f.jpg

• Silver

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/dc/s/i/silvdc0f.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

2,168. Posted:

Burning Force

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,169. Posted:

Another Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 cart. Only because my current copy is the Flash-based Memory Cassette version. Deciding I'd order the rare "ROM" version (aka the packaged version, I guess) when I found one that is less crazy expensive.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

2,170. Posted:

Four N64 shelf-fillers... almost got the complete PAL set now, only three more to go
Untitled

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,171. Posted:

World Series Baseball 2k2 for Dreamcast.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,172. Posted:

• SoulCalibur (DC)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/dc/s/c/scaldc0f.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,173. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

brainerdrainer wrote:

Untitled

I'd hit it.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,174. Posted:

Thanks to my awesome girlfriend who waited at a garage sale and held these so I could go get some cash from ATM I was able to snag 3 wireless Akklaim NES Controllers and a Gameboy carrying case. All for $6.

Untitled
nesgbcase by RancidVomit86, on Flickr

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,175. Posted:

@RancidPukage86
A touching story indeed. Sniffles* I've never played around with the wireless Acclaim NES controller, but good lordy' does this semi-classic NES commercial make me want to get one....That is, if it can in fact shoot Space Age Neon Laser beams. :p

And only $6? Talk about an amazing deal, considering a single Acclaim Nes controller goes for about $15-30 not incuding shipping on eBay. I still need to get me' an NES Advantage CIB and a flashy yet practically useless & broken Nintendo Powerglove.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,176. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Thanks to my awesome girlfriend who waited at a garage sale and held these so I could go get some cash from ATM I was able to snag 3 wireless Akklaim NES Controllers and a Gameboy carrying case. All for $6.

Untitled
nesgbcase by RancidVomit86, on Flickr

Nice, I had that Gameboy case and I totally miss it. Very multipurpose too, not only can you carry the mean green screen around with it's awesome games but you could knock a fool out if one starts to mess.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Moviefan2k4

2,177. Posted:

My last one was a gold copy of "Zelda II", that I traded online for "Super Mario Kart".

God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,178. Posted:

FINALLY! After months and months of procrastinating while praying that the ghosts 'n Goblins over at Crapcom would hopefully get their stuff together and release MM6 on the Wii's VC...I decided "Funk it". I'm not getting any younger and capcom isn't doing anything with the Blue Bomber aside from slowly releasing NES VC Mega Man games on the 3DS that were ALREADY available on the Wii. Besides, I'm done With the Wii and 3DS's Virtual console. I'm getting the carts 'only' from now on for a few reasons that I'll mention below. :p

Untitled
Stock eBay Photo. Zoink!

As I've said before, which has actually been brought up in other forums...Wii 'NES' VC emulations are piss poor in the color and brightness department compared to how they actually look on the NES. It's quite striking actually.The colors are much more colorful, rich and vibrant on the REAL thing. Then you have that extra bit of lag that you have to put up with on the Wii's VC(it's only 1 frame) which all emulations have PLUS the present input lag on your HDTV(unless you are using an SDTV) which basically equals a botched experience and gives you a more slugghish feeling/false impression of how the game actually plays.

And that's how Super Mario Bros. 3 (just one ex) exactly felt + the crappier colors on my Plasma Vs my Retro SDTV Tube TV(hooked up with the NES) just a while ago. A fellow X NintendoLife poster 'NintenyGaming' brought this up earlier and boy was he spot on. Anyways, I guess you could say i'm embracing all of this Retrogoodness even more now. It's Carts ONLY for this He-man Hoolagin from here on out kiddies! :* B-)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,179. Posted:

@WaveBoy
kinda funny how you said that because im probably going to get mm6 and mm7 on cart too.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,180. Posted:

@ogo79

MM7 is going to cost you an arm and a cheeto. :*
You're going to need all the Koopa coins you can get....My advice? Give Mr.Trills a halla' and he'll give you a dolla'

Edited on by WaveWarlock