Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,141 to 2,160 of 3,468

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,141. Posted:

@RetroBrony91: Nice purchase there. I was unaware that third game in the Magical Quest series was released. Of course I dont have a Super Famicom so thats probably why. Let me know if you ever do a review on it on your blog. BTW like your new avatar too.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,142. Posted:

It wasn't officially released in the west until the GBA port.
I can only guess a couple reasons why a SNES version was never released: it was released in Japan in December 1995, the last holiday season before Capcom USA completely stopped publishing 16-bit games. Also, that is when Disney entered the console game publishing business with Toy Story (previously they only published PC software). Possibly some sort of licensing issues (Capcom did publish the SFC version of Toy Story)?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

RetroM4n

2,143. Posted:

A Super Mario World Game Chair.... But I can not find too much info about it. I believe it's original stuff and it seems to be of good quality. Any information is appreciated!

Some pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56743955@N08/8503469406/in/photo...

RetroM4n

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,144. Posted:

@Tasuki - thank you, and I will :)
@KingMike - oh, and if you think Hard mode on The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse is challenging, you should try Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibōken (on the highest difficulty setting) sometime (if you haven't already). Now that game is tough!
@RetroM4n - that's a cool chair! :)

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,145. Posted:

I might look for that one, though for SFC purchases I still have a few medium-expensive RPGs to knock off my list first.

Sadly, my no-case Dreamcast games have officially gone missing. I think I had Sega Smash Pack, Virtual On, Rumble 2 Rumble, Sonic Party (err... I mean Shuffle :P ) and Evolution (of the few RPGs on DC?).
Even after thoroughly cleaning my messy game shelf.
Luckily the GameCube remake/port of Evolution seems fairly cheap (listed for about $25 sealed), so I bought one.

But my missing powder-blue AGS-101 did turn up on that shelf, so it isn't all bad. :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

supermariogamer

2,146. Posted:

Paper Mario for N64 on the wii virtual console :)

supermariogamer

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9477-2518 | Nintendo Network ID: meachfan

AuthorMessage

Beta

2,147. Posted:

F-Zero from the Famicom's 30th anniversary promotion ^_^

Edited on by Beta

Beta

Nintendo Network ID: beta4attack

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,148. Posted:

@RetroBrony91 What luck about Mickey & Donald: Magical Adventure 3! And have you The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse and The Great Circus Mystery starring Mickey and Minnie Mouse on SNES? :)

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,149. Posted:

mystical fighter for sega genesis, ebay sniping at its finest!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,150. Posted:

@Scarhino89 - yes, I do, and they're all fun games :)

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

2,151. Posted:

Dragon Quest VI

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

2,152. Posted:

I went to a retro electronic game store, except it you would never think it had a massive collection of retro video games from all video game consoles because it was named Granny Bea's (pronounced "Bee's) and from the outside it looked like a hole-in-the-wall supermarket out in the country. What also impressed me about it was its collection of retro Disney video games, so I got three of them.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,153. Posted:

More Sitcomy' goodness! This shall go along nicely with my previous ALF Season 1 DVD purchase. Punky Brewster is still king, But the earlier seasons(1-3/ 89'-92') of Full House were pretty darn great and delivered the cheese thanks to Danny Tanner! I mean I've always prefered the beautiful, cozy & brightly lit interior, good natured family, and heart warming(aww...) morals compared to Roseanne's depressing & glorifed dumpy trailer trash family. Roseanne may of been good and it definitly aimed for realism instead of gearing towards Brady Bunch 'prim and propper' territory, but it was such a funkin' downer. The set pieces made me feel like I was in hell, except Hell's probably prettier! But Full House was always there + McDonalds to wash that skunky Skeletor taste out of my mouth. ;) Full House & Roseanne are like the POLAR opposite of sitcoms. Heaven & Hell basically.lol

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,154. Posted:

@WaveBoy
i hope this is a joke

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

2,155. Posted:

Street Fighter III

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

2,156. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

@WaveBoy
i hope this is a joke

lol. Iconic quote from Stephanie Tanner,"how RUDE!" :p

The real joke would be if this were FRIENDS. you have to have absolutely no sense of humor to even like that show.
Don't worry, I'll make you proud next time with a little 'Growing Pains' and Who's the Boss. ;)

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,157. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

More Sitcomy' goodness! This shall go along nicely with my previous ALF Season 1 DVD purchase. Punky Brewster is still king, But the earlier seasons(1-3) of Full House were pretty darn great and delivered the cheese thanks to Danny Tanner! I mean I've always prefered the beautiful, cozy & brightly lit interior, good natured family, and heart warming(aww...) morals compared to Roseanne's depressing & glorifed dumpy trailer trash family. Roseanne may of been good and it definitly aimed for realism instead of gearing towards Brady Bunch 'prim and propper' territory, but it was such a funkin' downer. The set pieces made me feel like I was in hell, except Hell's probably prettier! But Full House was always there + McDonalds to wash that skunky Skeletor taste out of my mouth. ;) Full House & Roseanne are like the POLAR opposite of sitcoms. Heaven & Hell basically.lol

Untitled

Nice buy there Wavester. All you need now is a first season of Family Matters, and Perfect Strangers and than you can have your own little TGIF party. B-)

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Demmi-Alpha

2,158. Posted:

Phantasy Star Online for the Gamecube. A good friend of mine told me that only 500 copies were released in Australia, but yeah. I'm pretty keen.

(He has three copies, lol)

Artist and Game Designer

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455 | Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,159. Posted:

I ordered Sonic Blast... Man... II :)
Super Famicom cart. Probably an average beat-em-up, but at a somewhat decent price.
And a seemingly hard-to-find CIB RPG, Esparks. Probably paid too much for it, oh well.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,160. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I ordered Sonic Blast... Man... II :)
Super Famicom cart. Probably an average beat-em-up, but at a somewhat decent price.
And a seemingly hard-to-find CIB RPG, Esparks. Probably paid too much for it, oh well.

sonic blast man 2 is good, cool music as well, part one is good too

the_shpydar wrote: