Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 4,850

KingMike

Despite having its Japanese counterpart for some time, I figured I'm probably not going to find a better price soon on Arcana for SNES at $18 cart+manual.
(I had the chance and should've bought it CIB a few years ago for like $10)

KingMike

Brutapode89

Dragon Quest I.II (SNES) modified in PAL version. I prefer this version than GBC version.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

KingMike

Kind of fits. Prehistoric Isle in 1930. Played that for awhile in MAME, and now it can be legally played on PSN? Great. But we have to wonder why SNK Playmore doesn't want to release their non-NeoGeo arcade games on Wii.

KingMike

Mk_II

Untitled

Bally "Dogies" electro-mechanical pinball machine from 1968. Not working at the moment so it was very cheap. Nice restoration project

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Andyv01

Picked up Operation Winback, Jet Force Gemini and Spacestation Silicon Valley on N64, they arrive tomorrow!
Havn't played any of them before but remember reading N64 magazine back in the day and being distraught that pocket money didnt quite stretch to the moon and back... retro glee ahoy!

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Brutapode89
  • Dragon Quest V (SNES) modified in PAL.
  • Treasure of Rudra (SNES) modified in PAL (AKA Rudora no Hihou in Japan)

Electricmastro

For just $21.97...
Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

the_shpydar

Untitled
2 more boxed copies of E.T.! One is CIB, the other includes the manual only (but the box has the original JC Penny price tag of $34.95!)
Sasha Grey not included

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

Oh my! That's about $82 in today's money.

I have ordered a JP Saturn Bubble Symphony. Taito should've called it Bubble Bobble Part 2 Part IV for consistency.
So go nice with BB2 Parts I and III.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

KingMike

I quickly ordered a Famicom Juju Densetsu (no relation to Nickelodeon, it's Toki) cart for about $10 and shipping. Just kind of interested, but it looks like that might be the next game to join the Expensive Taito Games list.
(though the FC version doesn't have cover art of the monkey pointing to his butt.
Not sure why the increase, the AVGN only briefly went ape-spit over the Genesis version, which is still cheap.)

KingMike

Brutapode89

Picked up--

• Final Fantasy V (SNES)
  • Rendering Ranger R² (SNES)

Modified in PAL.

KingMike

Actually, with that Bubble Symphony, it seems I had also ordered The Great Battle CIB and The Great Battle Gaiden 2 loose for Super Famicom.
Tried some on emu, and TGB was kind of fun, but sadly not the instant-classic most of the rest of the SFC launch era games were (and it was the only game of the 9 1990 games to not be released outside Japan. Too bad, as it was probably Ultraman's better appearance than the one we did get. )
I die many times in the first stage to MOVING PLATFORM COLLISION DETECTION! And would be nice if it had more music than (I'm assuming) the selected character's theme playing the whole game.
Also, the Adventures of Musashi, a DQ1 parody for Famicom.

KingMike

Famitsucom

Picked up one goldeneye watch from this guy about a month ago...had to go back for a second. Don't have a picture of mine yet (at school) but it is this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151082524663

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151082524663

Ryno

While I patiently wait for Capcom's D&D to come to the U, I recently received a lesser know Capcom beat 'em up.
Untitled

Need to snatch up dem Natsume games when you can still get them at decent price.
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Brutapode89

@Ryno Very good choice with Lufia 2!!

ogo79

@Ryno
dont forget about captain commando for the ps2 capcom collection vol 2.
only problem i have with this game is he doesnt actually go commando in it. that is false advertising at its finest if you ask me

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

@Scarhino89: Thank you!

ogo79 wrote:

@Ryno
dont forget about captain commando for the ps2 capcom collection vol 2.
only problem i have with this game is he doesnt actually go commando in it. that is false advertising at its finest if you ask me

I thought it was a reference to how you were supposed to play it??? Well, that is what I am going to do anyway. Still need to get those Capcom collections and Taito collections.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

KingMike

I'm guessing "decent" price on Lufia II is in relative terms as I think Captain Commando is a pretty expensive game now.

My most recent, Banana Prince and Doki Doki Yuuenchi Famicom carts, before those get CRAZYLAND prices.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Ryno

KingMike wrote:

I'm guessing "decent" price on Lufia II is in relative terms as I think Captain Commando is a pretty expensive game now.

Yup "decent" price as in relative to current market value and probably nowhere near the price you paid for it. Yeah Captain Commando goes pretty high, doesn't seem like there are many copies around.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic