Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,121 to 2,140 of 3,548

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,121. Posted:

I bought Journey To Silius again. The previous version looked like Freddy Krueger shredded the back of the box
Untitled

The level 1 song has got to be the greatest NES chiptune out there.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CmmanderVide0

2,122. Posted:

I got some VC games on Wii today that I've been wanting for years
Here they are:

• Paper Mario
  • Mario RPG
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Wave Race 64
  • Pilotwings

CmmanderVide0

AuthorMessage

thevgcollector

2,123. Posted:

my lastest nes snes and gamecube pickups on youtube

http://youtu.be/C4wN02_s4rI

thevgcollector

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,124. Posted:

Robotrek (SNES)

http://www.hook-shot.com/games/snes/robotrek/images/packaging...

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,125. Posted:

Holy crap, good find. I always enjoyed that game. Wish it came to the VC or something, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,126. Posted:

@CanisWolfred Thanks. It's with the AD-29 Upgrade adaptor that I can play some US & JAP games on SNES in Europe. ;)

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,127. Posted:

Have been close to buying Robotrek a couple of times. Rereading the reviews and the music is what stops me from puling the trigger.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,128. Posted:

Yeah, Robotrek doesn't exactly have a high quality soundtrack, but there are a few decent tunes in it (just not many). As for the game itself, I think it's all right.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Pikpikp

2,129. Posted:

Got a gbc in very good condition, alonh with Super Mario Land 2 and Donkey Kong Country gbc for 13$! They all work fine. I don't think the seller knew what he had.

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

2,130. Posted:

I bought two more Tiger Game.com games in box, William's Arcade Classics and...Resident Evil 2! (yes this machine had a Resident Evil game...15 years ago...in black and white).

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

nocode

2,131. Posted:

Nintendo Power's Super Mario Bros 2 Inside Out guide part 1 and 2 (1989).... $7 !

nocode

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2314-1034 | Nintendo Network ID: nocode

AuthorMessage

nocode

2,132. Posted:

Me again... Bought a sega genesis model 1 for $40.00 at a local comic/card shop. My original one is dead and prices on eBay arent getting any cheaper...figured 40 wasn't too bad. I see model 2's all the time at value villiage for a lot less...but the model 1 is what I had as a kid. Anything else just feels wrong :)

nocode

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2314-1034 | Nintendo Network ID: nocode

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,133. Posted:

@nocode_The_Noodle
Nice! I have that mint & Stappled inside my classic Nintendo Power Volume. 7 (1989) which i scored off eBay a few months back! They just don't make them like they used to. :D

@Ryno_The_Great_Who_Completely_owned_Bankai_in_the_Nintendo_Needs_a_Miracle_Thread
I still need to get around to playing Journey To Silius one of these goofylicious days. Sucks to hear that your previous copy of Journey to Silious had a Nightmare on elm Street and suffered the wrath of Freddy's fancy finger blades! It happens to the best us.lol Anyways! I shall post the 4 latest Retro goodies i picked up from Castle Greyskull after I get it together here and stop wasting my precious time commenting on that silly Dr. Doom & Gloom based 'Nintendo Needs a Miracle' thread.

It's just a bunch of mindless predictions that have no real impact or outcome weather the Wii U will do well or not. 'Nintendo' needs to worry about sales and the future that lies ahead of them, Not us/the fans. They have Billions of dollars that will last them decades in the industry even IF the Wii U turns into a flop. Wii(hehe) should be playing the games we want to play and most importantly having FUN. The NL Wii U forum has become 'the Buisness side of the industry' and All doom & gloomy' filled with quite a few trolls as of late...Going to stay clear of that uninteresting garble garble and negativity from here on out. 1st world problems indeed. ;)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

kevohki

2,134. Posted:

Picked up two PS2 memory cards and a brand new copy of Turok for the Nintendo 64 along with the second game (just the cartridge and booklet). Only $25.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

2,135. Posted:

Untitled

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,136. Posted:

Untitled
I got the third and final game in the Mickey's Magical Adventure trilogy today, Mickey & Donald: Magical Adventure 3 for the Super Famicom!! So far my first impressions are that it's fantastic!

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Pichuka97

2,137. Posted:

I just got Fifa 2005 for my PS1 and and an unopened MLB Baseball 2005 also for my PS1 today for a grand total of $2!! Fifa 05 is rare on the PS1!!

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

AuthorMessage

Pichuka97

2,138. Posted:

Oh, I also picked up Ken Griffys Winning Run with the original Instruction Booklet and Box and a Ken Griffy Trading Card for $5. I also got Dragon Ball Z Budoki for GameCube, Madden 97 for Genesis, and Challenge Football for Intellivision.

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,139. Posted:

RetroBrony91 wrote:

Untitled
I got the third and final game in the Mickey's Magical Adventure trilogy today, Mickey & Donald: Magical Adventure 3 for the Super Famicom!! So far my first impressions are that it's fantastic!

That game is getting a little expensive, but a lot more with box and manual.

I guess being a Japanese-exclusive Disney game increases the value. And I think it was also made around the time Capcom was losing interest in 16-bit, so maybe it is less common? I don't think it's actually rare, though, as you can easily find a few copies at any point, if you're willing to pay.
I only played a bit, but I suppose it suffers from Capcom sequelitis: good on its own but very similar to its predecessors.

I did somewhat recently tried the first, and WOW: on Hard Mode, the game doesn't care anymore if it's a kid's game, it's still going to punch your face in with more enemies in more devious positions! :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,140. Posted:

@KingMike - yeah, The Magical Quest starring mickey Mouse will do that on Hard mode, but it's still manageable if you persevere long enough, but even then it's not that difficult

In regards to the third game, finally a Magical Adventure sequel that's got music that can stack up to the first game's music (even surpass it, maybe)! The music is just awesome; The Great Circus Mystery starring Mickey & Minnie, as much as I love that game, had a very weak soundtrack in comparison to the first one (I mean, what happened, Mari? Your music is better than this!). Then again, is it just me or do most (first) sequels usually have inferior soundtracks to the first game's music (examples that come to mind are ActRaiser 2, Final Fight 2, and Kirby's Dream Land 2, among others) regardless of whether the games themselves are better or not? I honestly can't help but find that distracting

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own