2,061. Posted:

Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

KAHN

2,062. Posted:

next thing on my list is an NES. i want it for the authenticity, and that's the only real reason why i'm getting an NES instead of one of those devices that plays SNES, genesis, and NES.

Edited on by theblackdragon

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

TomahawkTim

2,063. Posted:

About a month ago. Total was $40.

Untitled

Edited on by TomahawkTim

Mohawked Music Man

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2,064. Posted:

TomahawkTim wrote:

About a month ago. Total was $40.

Untitled

how much would you let the red blanket go for?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

TomahawkTim

2,065. Posted:

Ogo. I'm sorry to say, but it is not a blanket, it is a sofa, and I've become rather attached to it.

Mohawked Music Man

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

2,066. Posted:

@TomahawkTim: Nice with that copy of Yoshi there, man i spent about as much time with that game as i did Tetris when i was little. loved it :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Kinsale

2,067. Posted:

Instead of downloading Toki Tori on the 3DS eShop VC, I found a cheap copy on eBay so I bought it.

Who are you running from? (?_?)/
someday there will be a cactus pokemon, that is actually good.
(O vvv O)/ add me if you want to play KI:U, or ACNL, OR Pokemon
I make a lot of typos, so expect many of my posts to be edited

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8031-2017

AuthorMessage

TomahawkTim

2,068. Posted:

Found this on a local online classified for $25. Score!! I had been looking for one of these. Holding out on eBay prices has it's perks.

Untitled

Now I can forgive my bro for selling mine a few years back. Aha.

Edited on by TomahawkTim

Mohawked Music Man

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,069. Posted:

In my retro import order basket, there is only Zool!!
Nope, not the obscure '90s side-scroller. Then even more obscure, you guys probably never heard of it, Nintendo 64 Japanese-exclusive RPG. I don't even know much about it. I only saw some pictures of a turn-based RPG battle engine and I know the game has a TON of text, which makes me unsure if buying it was the best idea. But I think that being an N64 RPG, it almost by default makes it disappointing nobody localized it.
... okay so it actually isn't the only thing I bought. For the DS, SaGa 2 and Slide Adventure MagKid (a game with a strange motion-sensing peripheral).
And the main order: Nintendo Puzzle Collection.
Given the price of a boot disc to run the game on my NA GC, it seemed cheaper to buy a Japanese console (not to mention NPC seems to be one of the game that suffers from a corrupted font problem when run on non-Japanese hardware). Though after I hit Commit To Buy one on ebay, it said the seller can't accept paypal at the moment. ebay also hasn't sent me messages telling me I have to pay (or even the "You won" email it always sends). I wonder what is going on with that? Maybe the seller is on vacation (I'm assuming with a rating over 900 feedback and 99% positive, likely legit.)? I guess I can just leave it in my "awaiting payment" list and see if ebay ever sends me a message about it. I'm going to assume I won't get a Non-Paying Bidder strike until I'm told I need to pay.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,070. Posted:

So a few hours ago I received Mickey's Dangerous Chase for the Game Boy from the mail, and at the moment I'm heavily mixed about the game
Though I will say that it is the first game I ordered from eBay this year (2013)

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,071. Posted:

Well finally picked up my first Dreamcast game from Goodwill today for only $15.

Untitled

I had to pick it up so I can see what all the hype is about this game.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

2,072. Posted:

Untitled

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,073. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Well finally picked up my first Dreamcast game from Goodwill today for only $15.

Untitled

I had to pick it up so I can see what all the hype is about this game.

GET power Stone. ;)
And speaking of PS...What's the donatello dillio' Capcom? Where in the silly She-ra is my precious Power stone 3?
As for Shenmue, i actually never got around to playing it. I really enjoyed the Dreamcast launch, but after that i gradually
lost interest. Power Stone, Sonic Adventure(the beginning stages with Sonic at least) Soul Calibur II, Blue stinger
and House of the Dead were easily the main high lites for me. B-)

Not one of my favorite consoles, but Sega did it right this time....Too bad it was crushed by the PS2.....Aside from the massive amount of ridiculous hype , the faithful PS1 fans and lies surrounding it's graphical capabilities(Sony said the in game graphics would be on par with the CG in the new StarWars movies...) AND it's built in DVD player which was completely new at the time, sadly layed the ultimate smack down on the poor little 'yet innovative and ahead of it's time' DC and it was all over.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,074. Posted:

@Wavester: You forgot to add that the catastrophe that was the Saturn also lead into the DC downfall. Alot of people were still mad at how Sega handeled the launch of the Saturn and due to that alot of retailers and fans just didnt bite into the DC hypeburger. In fact that was one reason I skipped the DC that gen and went with PS2, only to find out that there were some gems years later on the DC that I missed.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

2,075. Posted:

@Tasuki: Nice pickup there. I have never touched a Dreamcast and probably never will. My retro backlog of NES, SNES, and PSX and combination with current Nintendo will keep me busy for the rest of my life. Still would be interesting to hear your thoughts on it though.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

2,076. Posted:

@Ryno: Yeah I hear ya. I picked one up about a year ago for 20 dollars at a local used music store (which also sells new and used games and systems). A co worker of mine kept going on over and over on how the DC had a bunch of gems on it but alot of people missed out because of the negative reaction to Sega at the time, myself included. This is actually the first game I picked up for it since I have been concentrating on my 3DS/DS backlog but at 15 dollars I figure that was a steal for Shenmue.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

2,077. Posted:

@TasukiTheTotally
Plus, throw in Sega's bone headed and unproffesional decision to release the terrrible Sega CD and 32X to their arsenal to battle against the SNES. :p
Sega even planned to release the Sega Neptune before the saturn which was supposed to be a Sega CD and 32X all rolled into one console. Then the over priced Saturn launched which i foolishly bought for over $500 on launch with Virtua Fighter. Then there's the battery draining Sega Nomad which failed miserably and the lack luster fat and beebop 'n bulky game gear. So yup, they royally funked up after the genesis and severely damaged their reppy!

@RynoBooger
Ya, i'd skip on the Dreamcast man. It's probably not worth your time, and your time is going to be even more limmited with Ryno Jr on the way! :p btw, Congrats man! Being a father is going to be pretty surreal. Aside from retro gaming, just be sure to stack up on some classic sitcoms, movies and cartoons on on dvd. Wouldn't want to expose R.Jr to the brain dead trashy life sucking reality TV, half a**ed throwaway forgettable & Moraless cartoons and the junky overrexagerated fake and annoying glitzy tween sitcoms of today that are reaking up the airwaves. i don't even need cable anymore....I just use Netflex mainly for older movies, but mostly watch my favorite shows or movies on DVD & VHS, or just to have something playing on in the background.

Anyways! TV-talk aside, the Genesis has a better selection of games than the DC, but when you've got an SNES the genesis looks as appealing as Danny Tanner's Dust buster collection. I play the odd genesis game on the Wii's VC , but that's it really. I will get an Atari 2600 one day to play in short bursts while getting an ever deeper blast(but not my past) from the past. :p And of course the PS2...Just so i can play a few or so PS1 and PS2 titles. But i doubt I'll keep the thing for long. lol

BTW, totaly retro-unrelated, but i'll post it here because i'm not overly crazy about the Wii U forum. I am much more amped for the Wii U now. Reason being is because of the RE:Revelations, Yoshi's Yarn and Zelda: Wind Waker U trailer reveal/announcements. :D No, Mr. OCD still hasn't opened up the Wii u yet, i will in early Feb once i replace my furniture and get my set up in tip top shape. It's gotta feel right haha. You and Tasuki will be the first two I'll add!

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

2,078. Posted:

Dragon Quest I & II (GBC)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/gb/d/q/dqiigb0f.jpg

GB, GBC & GBA are all universal! ;)

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

KingMike

2,079. Posted:

Mk_II wrote:

Untitled

That's the reaction I got watching some footage of the game on youtube, compared to the original. :P

I thought the other killing factor for the DC was Japanese developers who felt Sega was betraying them by telling them they had to start making DC games while the Saturn was still popular in its native territory.

Awhile go, I saw this "new TMNT". OMG!! I don't even know how bad the writing is, I was too busy destroying my eyeballs with the bad CGI.
If I told you guys I made the show (I had one class on that in high school), would you believe me? :D

My latest purchase... just an Axelay cart for the SNES.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,080. Posted:

Paperboy on the Nintendo 64 is ... um ... okay, I think... actually, I thought it was meh; you can't beat the original arcade game however! Now that's a classic; but to each their own.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own