Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 4,850

cheetahman91

NintendoDork wrote:

I just recently bought bubble bobble and hoping to get the second game

If it's the NES game good luck finding it at a decent price.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

bluecat

Oh hey, one of these threads is here!

Well my most recent purchases would be right here.

SNES

• King of Monsters 2
  • Kirby's Dream Course

SFC

• Slam Dunk
  • Slam Dunk 2
  • SD Heat Up!

Game Boy

• Pocket Bomberman
  • Star Trek 25th Anniversary

Untitled

just another day...

ogo79

vice project doom-nes
low g man-nes
another copy of kabuki quantum fighter-nes
this jerk:
Untitled
this guy:
Untitled
and the last rare/overpriced nes game i needed:
Untitled
yaay

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

The only Bubble Bobble 2 I have is the Game Boy game, which I think is a different game than the NES.
When I got Dragon Fighter, it was a Famicom cart for like $2.50, at a time when the NES cart could be Bought Now for like $25 (like a couple years ago). Now I see that's not the case at all. I wonder what happened? Did some Internet reviewer make a video?

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

I wonder what happened? Did some Internet reviewer make a video?

no lol, but other places have been asking what happened too. its just a game that flew under the radar, and a good game at that. lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Doggo700

Just got original Road Rash on the megadrive .and Mortal Kombat 1 on the megadrive

Check Out our New Competitive Series "Retro Bros." on YOUTUBE !
https://www.youtube.com/user/RetroBros1?feature=mhee

KingMike

A few SNES manuals: Joe & Mac 1 (when did this game suddenly become valuable?), Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse ($5 and free shipping? I'll take it.), Lemmings (I can only imagine the manual to the sequel being expensive, though), Taz-Mania (game's not as good as I remember it as a kid, but from reviews I've seen, I have to wonder how many people know how to play it?).
I saw some guy selling a Super Bomberman 2 manual, and I was like "$4 shipped. Why did he still have it?" Then I see. Torn back cover.

KingMike

bluecat

Sega Genesis

• Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition
  • Wiz 'N Liz

Super Nintendo

• Super Star Wars

Untitled

Edited on by bluecat

just another day...

ogo79

like 9 people lost their bid overnight and shall wake up buttangry.
Untitled
its a retro purchase because its all old games on a wii disc.
i just got this for one game though (wizard fire)

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

I bought Ultima: The False Prophet for SNES. Just under $20 shipped for an ex-rental with box and manual. Doesn't sound like a bad price (place by me wants that for cart+manual) I've wondered if the game should include a map, but I don't see any after a look on Google (and you'd think if it did, SOMEONE would have an overpriced copy permanently listed on ebay. )
I remember I rented that game once and I could never figure out where to go to accomplish anything in the game.

KingMike

Zach777

Mega Man 4 on the eShop

Switch Friend Code: 2533-4777-6888
Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260
Pokémon GO Friend Code: 0296 8052 5792

Switch Friend Code: SW-2533-4777-6888 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794 | My Nintendo: Zach777 | Nintendo Network ID: Zach777

Ryno

@Tasuki: Man if you find The Guardian Legend at the Goodwill make sure to pick it up. It’s a great NES game.

@Wave-Ra: Whoa, that Masters of the Universe is totally awesome. I barely remember watching it. I need to pick up a copy. I didn’t know Sting roided out to play He-Man though! As for my Blu ray collection, it consists of Disney movies, the LOTR, and 3D movies. I do have the TMNT collection which sorta still has the grainy feel. As for DKCR, I prefer it ot he overrated mediocre Donkey Kong Country.

ogo79 wrote:

vice project doom-nes
low g man-nes
another copy of kabuki quantum fighter-nes
and the last rare/overpriced nes game i needed:
Dragon Sword
yaay

Congratulations on getting your “last rare/overpriced nes game needed”! Also, Vice Project Doom is a great game.

I picked up a sealed copy of Final Fantasy IV. I never beat Final Fantasy II on the SNES as a kid so maybe I get around to beating it someday

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Mk_II

today's finds:

Untitled

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

RancidVomit86

Swagman, X-Files, and WCW/NWO Thunder all on PS1 and Breast Wrestler on Genesis.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Tasuki

@Ryno: Lol I have to laugh Ryno and are beginning to think that we are connected telepathically or something. I just started replaying my copy of FFIV Advance last night. Not as good as FF III (VI) to me but still a great game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bluecat

ogo79 wrote:

like 9 people lost their bid overnight and shall wake up buttangry.
Untitled
its a retro purchase because its all old games on a wii disc.
i just got this for one game though (wizard fire)

I got that collection! It's pretty fun.

just another day...

Mk_II

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@Mk_II
No way!! You got all that in one day???

yes. yesterday was Queen's Day here in the Netherlands and on that day the country basically turns into one giant yardsale. This was just a tiny lot compared to some previous years.

Clearly, the Jungle Book Lunch box is the standout

it's actually a console & cartridge case made by Forty-Four from the SNES / Genesis era. I spotted it and enquired about the price. Seller wanted 8 euro for the box "and everything inside". I took a quick peek, spotted some SNES carts and quickly paid the man. When i got home it turned out there were nine SNES games and two SNES controllers in the box. All that for only 8 euro!

Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21

Sjoerd

@MK_II

That's quite the find, you must have been up early! Where did you get al this?

EDIT: How much did you pay for that Wavebird?! D:

Edited on by Sjoerd

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

Mk_II

Sjoerd wrote:

@MK_II

That's quite the find, you must have been up early! Where did you get al this?
EDIT: How much did you pay for that Wavebird?! D:

i got up at six in the morning to prepare and hit the streets at about 7.00. The early bird catches the best worms The Wavebird was the most expensive purchase but still much cheaper than on eBay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic