Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 2,001 to 2,020 of 3,468

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingDunsparce

2,001. Posted:

I bought F-Zero GX and Viewtiful Joe for the Gamecube.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

2,002. Posted:

antipop621 wrote:

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories on GBA

Nice!

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

2,003. Posted:

_Wallace wrote:

Not that this is retro but, black Gameboy Micro. Yeah!

It's two gens behind, I'd say that's pretty retro.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

_Wallace

2,004. Posted:

@CanisWolfred: I have a hard time thinking of anything newer than 16-Bit as Retro.

3DS FC: 3308-5501-6669
Now Playing:
GB/GBC/GBA:
DS/3DS: Pokemon Y
NES: Super Mario Bros.
SNES:
N64:
GCN:
Wii:
Wii Virtual Console:

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mk_II

2,005. Posted:

Untitled

only need 16 more PAL games to complete the set

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrArcade

2,006. Posted:

Dig Dug for NES.

MrArcade

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

2,007. Posted:

_Wallace wrote:

@CanisWolfred: I have a hard time thinking of anything newer than 16-Bit as Retro.

You don't even consider the Nintendo 64 retro?

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

B18C5Tom

2,008. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

I bought F-Zero GX and Viewtiful Joe for the Gamecube.

F-Zero GX is amazing IMO! I still have my old game save files with all my created vehicles, and all tracks unlocked, etc.

B18C5Tom

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

2,009. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

_Wallace wrote:

@CanisWolfred: I have a hard time thinking of anything newer than 16-Bit as Retro.

You don't even consider the Nintendo 64 retro?

I don't. :p
Anything zipping into the 3D polygon realm of video gaming to me just doesn't seem Retro.
Especially the GCN. When a lot of people think retro, they automatically think 'sprites' or those
that were born a lot earlier in the game. But i guess for many it's just a matter of what you grew up with.

85'-94 = Golden Age of gaming. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

2,010. Posted:

B18C5Tom wrote:

Pikminsi wrote:

I bought F-Zero GX and Viewtiful Joe for the Gamecube.

F-Zero GX is amazing IMO! I still have my old game save files with all my created vehicles, and all tracks unlocked, etc.

Oh man, GX is personally one of my least favorite videogames of all time. :p
It just felt completely lifeless and dismal compared to the previous F-Zero games and it was quite obvious
NIntendo wasn't behind this outing. Even the King of koopa's 'Shingeru Miyamoto' himself admitted that he didn't like it.

I dig the SNES orginal and F-Zero X, but GX just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. When it comes to Nintendo sequals,
i can't stand the following > F-Zero GX, Wario Land 3 and LOZ: Wind Waker. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

2,011. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

But i guess for many it's just a matter of what you grew up with.

Thats pretty much it when it comes to retro. It all depends on how old you are compared to the thing you are describing as retro. Heck I am sure that my mom and dad's generation consider big band music retro where as I would consider 50s rock retro.

But I agree with you Wavester I find it hard to consider N64 retro and now with the Wii U out find it even harder to consider Gamecube retro lol.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

_Wallace

2,012. Posted:

@Waveboy: and @Tasuki: I agree; the systems a person grew up playing determines what they consider as Retro. I received an Atari 2600 on my 10th ('81) birthday and an NES in '87. However, this is just my opinion which is no more valid than anyone else's.

Edited on by _Wallace

3DS FC: 3308-5501-6669
Now Playing:
GB/GBC/GBA:
DS/3DS: Pokemon Y
NES: Super Mario Bros.
SNES:
N64:
GCN:
Wii:
Wii Virtual Console:

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingDunsparce

2,013. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

B18C5Tom wrote:

Pikminsi wrote:

I bought F-Zero GX and Viewtiful Joe for the Gamecube.

F-Zero GX is amazing IMO! I still have my old game save files with all my created vehicles, and all tracks unlocked, etc.

Oh man, GX is personally one of my least favorite videogames of all time. :p
It just felt completely lifeless and dismal compared to the previous F-Zero games and it was quite obvious
NIntendo wasn't behind this outing. Even the King of koopa's 'Shingeru Miyamoto' himself admitted that he didn't like it.

I dig the SNES orginal and F-Zero X, but GX just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. When it comes to Nintendo sequals,
i can't stand the following > F-Zero GX, Wario Land 3 and LOZ: Wind Waker. :p

Hmm, well I hope I enjoy it more than you did, especially since I loved Wind Waker :)

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

2,014. Posted:

You probably will. I have no idea how anyone can call F-Zero GX "Lifeless and dismal." Sure, it's freakin' hard as hell, and the music sucks, but it still has plenty of personality, charm, and overall fun-factor.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingDunsparce

2,015. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

You probably will. I have no idea how anyone can call F-Zero GX "Lifeless and dismal." Sure, it's freakin' hard as hell, and the music sucks, but it still has plenty of personality, charm, and overall fun-factor.

Yay! Anyways, I'm also going to buy Metroid Prime since I want to catch up on a lot of high-praised GC games.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mk_II

2,016. Posted:

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Scarhino89

2,017. Posted:

Killer Instinct (SNES)

http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/...

Threads of Fate (PS1)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/ps/t/d/tdfaps0f.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gekslupis

2,018. Posted:

Megaman for the 3DS VC

Good day
<link href=http://backloggery.com/epicgamer9623>Backloggery</link>

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Olly88

2,019. Posted:

Last week I bought Puggsy for the Mega Drive. Hasn't arrived yet though :(

Olly88

AuthorMessage
Avatar

koala10209

2,020. Posted:

Nintendo 64

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie

koala10209