Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 4,850

ogo79

@Waveboy
i dont notice any difference running pal games on my top loader, though they say some games do slowdown.
guess i dont have all these problems other people have lol. ive seen a list online that shows pal games that run correctly on top loaders. i dont have the pal version of little samson, but from what i know, that version runs fine. of course do some research to satisfy your curiosity

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Mk_II

Untitled

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Brutapode89

I've imported an US PS2 with--

• Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
  • Radiata Stories (PS2)
  • Grandia III (PS2)

I'm a very lucky European!!!

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

CanisWolfred

^Indeed, especially with Tales of the Abyss.

I got tired of waiting and bought Final Fantasy Legends II. This game is great and surprisingly hilarious in terms of dialogue.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Driveshaft815

Untitled

^ Went to my local Game Craze today to buy a new SNES controller, and to see what new SNES games they had in. Instead... I purchased myself a Dreamcast. First Sega console/handheld I have ever owned in my life, EVER. With it, I got NFL 2k1 for $1.99, and Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation for $7.99. They didn't have much to choose from. I was going to get Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but it was a bit steep in price, and I've never been big on fighting games. Never played a MvC game either, not even on XBLA.

Both games were in amazing condition, surprisingly. Complete with the original case and little CD-type booklet inside.

Untitled

Driveshaft815

Twitter:

Mk_II

Both games were in amazing condition, surprisingly. Complete with the original case and little CD-type booklet inside.

lucky you! Used Dreamcast game cases are usually badly cracked. Nice find BTW

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Indeed, especially with Tales of the Abyss.

I got tired of waiting and bought Final Fantasy Legends II. This game is great and surprisingly hilarious in terms of dialogue.

And I had to go exchange it for a new copy. Oh well, this one seems much nicer.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

wiggy

Here's most of my haul for March so far.

Untitled

wiggy

OptometristLime

@Driveshaft815

Awesome find there, I have always been interested in owning a Dreamcast for some reason. They are cool and mysterious little boxes, and I've quite enjoyed Skies of Arcadia and Sonic Adventure Battle 2, albeit on my GCN. Even the console itself appears to be in pristine condition (according to the picture)

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Driveshaft815

@wiggy - Nice pick-up. That's a lot for just this month, lol. What are the Mega Man games on the bottom, are they Japanese PS games?

@Optimist_Prime Thanks! Definitely loving NFL 2k1 right now. Tried Tomb Raider, but seems to be a bit of a learning curve with the controls. >_> I'll dive more into that eventually.

And I was wondering... is the Dreamcast region-locked? Or will PAL/Japan games play on it?

Driveshaft815

Twitter:

wiggy

Driveshaft815 wrote:

@wiggy - Nice pick-up. That's a lot for just this month, lol. What are the Mega Man games on the bottom, are they Japanese PS games?

@Optimist_Prime Thanks! Definitely loving NFL 2k1 right now. Tried Tomb Raider, but seems to be a bit of a learning curve with the controls. >_> I'll dive more into that eventually.

And I was wondering... is the Dreamcast region-locked? Or will PAL/Japan games play on it?

Yup! 1-6 for the PS1

wiggy

Ryno

@WiggytheHut: Nice work there this month. Princess Leia would be proud!

I finally picked up and started playing Yoshi's Island. I am very surprised at this game to be quite honest; it give's Super Mario World a run for it's Dragon Coins for Ryno's Top "Mario" Game!
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Driveshaft815

Nice find! Box seems to be in amazing condition. I'm not too keen on SMW2 though. It's a great game, I just can't stand Baby Mario. The fact that every time you get hit, you have to hear Baby Mario cry, and scream, and cry, and scream until you're able to get him back is just annoying.

However, to be fair, it's probably got one of the coolest Bowser boss-fights ever.

Driveshaft815

Twitter:

SubBronze

Ah Yoshi's Island, that and Pokemon Crystal were my childhood on the GBA
Awesome ind with all the inserts. How much did it cost just wondering?

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

wiggy

Love Yoshi's Island, but like Driveshaft, baby (i.e. obnoxious crying) Mario grates on my nerves.

So, I'm sort of out of control this month. I wasn't trying to get back into NES collecting yet, but I saw these on Craigslist and couldn't help myself

Untitled

Edited on by wiggy

wiggy

wiggy

I'm out of control this month!

Untitled

$40 MMS CIB
$5 Spawn SNES
$5 Original Xbox Monster Component AV cable

wiggy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic