Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 4,850

Tasuki

@Ryno: Yeah I hear ya. I picked one up about a year ago for 20 dollars at a local used music store (which also sells new and used games and systems). A co worker of mine kept going on over and over on how the DC had a bunch of gems on it but alot of people missed out because of the negative reaction to Sega at the time, myself included. This is actually the first game I picked up for it since I have been concentrating on my 3DS/DS backlog but at 15 dollars I figure that was a steal for Shenmue.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingMike

Mk_II wrote:

Untitled

That's the reaction I got watching some footage of the game on youtube, compared to the original.

I thought the other killing factor for the DC was Japanese developers who felt Sega was betraying them by telling them they had to start making DC games while the Saturn was still popular in its native territory.

Awhile go, I saw this "new TMNT". OMG!! I don't even know how bad the writing is, I was too busy destroying my eyeballs with the bad CGI.
If I told you guys I made the show (I had one class on that in high school), would you believe me?

My latest purchase... just an Axelay cart for the SNES.

KingMike

StarBoy91

Paperboy on the Nintendo 64 is ... um ... okay, I think... actually, I thought it was meh; you can't beat the original arcade game however! Now that's a classic; but to each their own.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Mk_II

RetroBrony91 wrote:

Paperboy on the Nintendo 64 is ... um ... okay, I think... actually, I thought it was meh; you can't beat the original arcade game however! Now that's a classic; but to each their own.

only bought it because i want to get the complete set of 242 PAL releases. Only 10 more to go! I do remember playing this game on the ZX Spectrum

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Brutapode89

@Mk_II And why not a ZX Haunter? Because the Pokémon Spectrum is the french name of Haunter! Isn't it funny?

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

Mk_II

the name ZX Spectrum was chosen to indicate that it had no less than a 16 colour palette... a full spectrum in those happy days. The original ZX only had B/W output.

Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21

sebio64

StarFox 64, Star fox, Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, Street Fighter II

This is my forum signature. Woo hoo!

3DS Friend Code: 3093-8297-7816 | Twitter:

Mk_II

Another shelf-filler...
Untitled

Edited on by Mk_II

KingMike

Puyo Puyo SFC lot.
Super Puyo Puyo 1, 2 Remix, and Nazo Puyo 1. Just the games I don't already own (if one excludes Kirby's Avalanche).

KingMike

Mk_II

Untitled

KingMike

For the SNES, F1 ROC II complete (not a bad deal, even if it's complete with rental stickers all over it). Name kind of sucks though, should've kept it Exhaust Heat. (I had previously ordered this game, but the seller sent me a copy of the first game)
As well a CIB Super Famicom Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventures. Bought that from amazon, which I also took that opportunity to pre-order Pandora's Tower at the same time. Luckily it seems amazon is still going to only charge me for Twinbee at this time.

KingMike

StarBoy91

I thought TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventure was a good spinoff to the cute'em series, and I think it's a fun game (even though it doesn't surpass the traditional games in the series, imo).

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Faceman

Donkey Kong 64, Duke Nukem 64 and Toy Story 2 (N64).

Hoping to get Super Metroid, and OoT/Majora's Mask (N64) next.

I am a rock, not just another grain of sand.

Feel free to add me on Facebook, Wii U, 3DS or PS3 guys and gals! Link is in my profile!

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0857-3917 | Nintendo Network ID: Captain_Crash1

Mk_II

Untitled

Edited on by Mk_II

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

@RynoBoogerYa, i'd skip on the Dreamcast man. It's probably not worth your time, and your time is going to be even more limmited with Ryno Jr on the way! btw, Congrats man! Being a father is going to be pretty surreal. Aside from retro gaming, just be sure to stack up on some classic sitcoms, movies and cartoons on on dvd. Wouldn't want to expose R.Jr to the brain dead trashy life sucking reality TV, half a**ed throwaway forgettable & Moraless cartoons and the junky overrexagerated fake and annoying glitzy tween sitcoms of today that are reaking up the airwaves. i don't even need cable anymore....I just use Netflex mainly for older movies, but mostly watch my favorite shows or movies on DVD & VHS, or just to have something playing on in the background.

Anyways! TV-talk aside, the Genesis has a better selection of games than the DC, but when you've got an SNES the genesis looks as appealing as Danny Tanner's Dust buster collection. I play the odd genesis game on the Wii's VC , but that's it really. I will get an Atari 2600 one day to play in short bursts while getting an ever deeper blast(but not my past) from the past. And of course the PS2...Just so i can play a few or so PS1 and PS2 titles. But i doubt I'll keep the thing for long. lol

BTW, totaly retro-unrelated, but i'll post it here because i'm not overly crazy about the Wii U forum. I am much more amped for the Wii U now. Reason being is because of the RE:Revelations, Yoshi's Yarn and Zelda: Wind Waker U trailer reveal/announcements. No, Mr. OCD still hasn't opened up the Wii u yet, i will in early Feb once i replace my furniture and get my set up in tip top shape. It's gotta feel right haha. You and Tasuki will be the first two I'll add!

@Wavenstein: Thanks for the congrats sir! Hopefully Little Ryno The Dream Master will like my radical retro collection because it will be his someday. Watch him turn out to be an Xbox fanboy or a PC Revenge of the Nerd... Ha! Yeah, I’m super excited for fatherhood. The first controller he will have in his little mitts will be a NES for sure and the first game he plays or more like presses buttons for will be Super Mario Bros. Agreed cable is rip off. All you need is Netflix and the Internet and you got all the shows you need. But if you want to see the classic Joey Gladstone ”cut it out” you have got to get the DVD. Plus I got to get the Captain N The Game Master - The Complete Series so Little Ryno can see the pinnacle of Video game cartoons!

So, to continue on your retro-unrelated discussion, I’m glad to hear you are about to awaken the Wii U from its Videoland slumber. I don’t know what is up with the Tasukimeister, he still hasn’t added me yet.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

nocode

11 issues of Nintendo Power from 1995 (missing issue 69 from February). Most still with their posters and the 3D glasses that came with the virtual boy issue is still intact.

nocode

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2314-1034 | Nintendo Network ID: nocode

KingMike

That's one of the few random issues I still have from my subscription as a kid, but the cover (Mega Man X2) tore long ago.

KingMike

Tasuki

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

I don’t know what is up with the Tasukimeister, he still hasn’t added me yet.

Did you send me a request? Sorry bout that dude if you did. I havent been on my Wii U much other than for Netflix since the only games I own is FIFA 13 and Nintendoland. I was hoping to get Assassins Creed III or NSMBU this month but I had to pay for a new washing machine. Next time I am on I will see if you sent me a request.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Brutapode89
  • Dragon Quest III (GBC)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/gb/d/r/drqugb0f.jpg

• The AD-29 Upgrade adaptor for play some US & JAP games on SNES PAL.

http://www.gamesstationretro.com/images/ad-29-universal-adapt...

• Lufia & the Fortress of Doom (SNES)

http://images.nintendolife.com/games/snes/lufia_and_the_fortr...

• Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (SNES)

http://images.nintendolife.com/games/snes/lufia_ii_rise_of_th...

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic