Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,861 to 1,880 of 3,330

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,861. Posted:

Super Smash Bros. Melee, that was the first GameCube game I bought over a decade ago; great game

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
ActRaiser is the most overexposed Quintet SNES game ever!
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,862. Posted:

Bought Brave Fencer Musashi. The Manager was there, who was kind enough to give me a discount of $35 Disc-only...which is still way more than it goes for on eBay. Oh well, at least I got it. :)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

1,863. Posted:

Bought Blast Corps for $5.74. I call that a good deal.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,864. Posted:

sim city SNES it should be coming in the mail soon

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,865. Posted:

After experiencing the awesome Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (via RetroGen), I decided to order another Genesis game. What better game to buy and play next than its sequel World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck? :)
Untitled
So far I like it! I love my RetroGen!
hugs RetroGen

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,866. Posted:

@RetroBrony91: Whats a RetroGen?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

LightningCount

1,867. Posted:

Some sort of emulator would be my guess as to what RetroGen is.

2664-2890-0528 - 3DS friend code - add me if you want to play Raid mode on Resident Evil: Revelations.
MMA is the best sport on television.

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,868. Posted:

RetroGen is a weird adapter that allows you to play Genesis games on a SNES console (well, sort of... it piggy-backs the power and controllers)

http://anerdoccurrence.com/2012/03/02/retrogen-adapter-review/

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,869. Posted:

@Tasuki - that it is, as Mk_II says (not as LightningCount says, I don't illegally download video games), and I really think it's a good adaptor (though, like the RetroDuo system [which I use to import SFC games], I would've liked the cable to have been a little longer, since the RetroGen adaptor has to be plugged in to the TV but aside from that I don't have a problem with it).

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

1,870. Posted:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZJFNFJM7dFU/T6-fTlfClyI/AAAAAAAAA3U...

Edited on by MrArcade

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,871. Posted:

Two new SNES games have entered my life now, from the 3D Games store: BioMetal and Out of this World; so far they're both good but hard

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Drobotic

1,872. Posted:

Majora's Mask.Now I am officially a Zelda fan.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,873. Posted:

RetroBrony91 wrote:

Two new SNES games have entered my life now, from the 3D Games store: BioMetal and Out of this World

@RetroBrony: This "Highest Rated Game Ever!" Out of This Word? I just got a copy too and it still has the plastic on the box. :)

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,874. Posted:

@Ryno - yes, that very game :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,875. Posted:

Nice RetroBrony! How is BioMetal by the way?. I'm a little leery about Acitivision games, though they probably just published it in NA. It looks nice.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,876. Posted:

@Ryno - yes, Activision published BioMetal, but it was developed by a company called Athena; so far I think it's a fun shmup with neat visuals and a rockin' soundtrack, though it's a little hard for me atm (I'm having a hard time beating the first stage; plus I'm not that good at playing most shmups), but I'll improve my skill as time goes on and the more I play it

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,877. Posted:

RetroBrony91 wrote:

@Ryno - yes, Activision published BioMetal, but it was developed by a company called Athena; so far I think it's a fun shmup with neat visuals and a rockin' soundtrack, though it's a little hard for me atm (I'm having a hard time beating the first stage; plus I'm not that good at playing most shmups), but I'll improve my skill as time goes on and the more I play it

And that is something us retro fans love about the classic retro games! The games back then made you increase your skill otherwise you would get absolutely nowhere.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,878. Posted:

Athena... I remember most of their games not being that good, but probably their best known was the shooter-maker series Dezaemon (vertical shooters, though I heard later games did put in the ability to make a horizontal shooter).
Activision actually changed the soundtrack for the western version of BioMetal (and they did it again for a hack-and-slash beat-em-up called X-Kaliber 2097).
And BioMetal's music is probably rockin' because well... it was licensed from a group called 2Unlimited (the title screen track, "Get Ready For This", is one you song you probably couldn't have lived through the '90s and not recognize. :) ) (admittedly, putting licensed music in a game, especially a cart game, was really unusual at that time)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,879. Posted:

I remember passing up Little Ninja Bros. for the NES for like $15 at a store last year.
That game went up in value in a hurry. Some actually bought one for over $35 BIN. Crap, I better buy that game before it starts to go crazy.
Assuming this order I made for a few games including Super Chinese World 2 hasn't been lost, I guess that would wrap my collection on the Ninja Boy/Super Chinese series (or at least the RPGs. Don't have Ninja Boy 1 for Game Boy, but that was a port of the non-RPG Kung Fu Heroes for NES, yeah?)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,880. Posted:

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1251837004-00.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001