Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 4,850

CanisWolfred

KingMike wrote:

With GBA becoming retro, I figured I better pick up a complete Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2 to go with my copy of the first game I bought when it came out but never opened yet to play.

Brand new copies actualy go for under $35. That's not too bad. And you really outta play them. They're pretty fun, especially the second one.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

ordered beastie boys licensed to ill for my mom lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

@OldGamesGlorious

Best Retro purchase(even if you're lieing. Your mom probably listens to Engelbert Humperdinck. ) since Ryno's most ultimate 'of the Ninja & Warrior' variety SNES(CIB) eBay spending spree. There are a few CIB NES/SNES games I have my eye on that i'm going to pick up from VideoLand once i get enough deadly dough from the Pillsbury dough dude. The new furniture i'm getting for my pad is going to blast my wallet into Cosmic Space dust.

my mom listens to everything from aerosmith to eminem, shes had that beastie boys cd 2 times already

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Brutapode89
  • The first SaGa Frontier (PS1)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/ps/s/a/safrps0f.jpg

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)

http://193.164.197.40/images/980/980224118501986.jpg

I bought the US version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night because the PAL version is so rare and I don't want pay a high price too much in spite of that.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

Ryno

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

@OldGamesGlorious

Best Retro purchase(even if you're lieing. Your mom probably listens to Engelbert Humperdinck. ) since Ryno's most ultimate 'of the Ninja & Warrior' variety SNES(CIB) eBay spending spree. There are a few CIB NES/SNES games I have my eye on that i'm going to pick up from VideoLand once i get enough deadly dough from the Pillsbury dough dude. The new furniture i'm getting for my pad is going to blast my wallet into Cosmic Space dust.

my mom listens to everything from aerosmith to eminem, shes had that beastie boys cd 2 times already

She still jammin' to Milli Vanilli?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

She still jammin' to Milli Vanilli?

those guys were hardcore posers

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

So challenging but oh so fun:
Untitled

I needed to upgrade my Earthbound Guide. This copy is very nice with scratch and sniff still attached and the Nintendo Power insert still included:
Untitled Untitled Untitled

As for this one, never played it. Looks cool, plus it's from Konami and the price was right.
Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

@Ryno_Choryzo

now you and i can open our own library and just fill it with earthbound guides

the_shpydar wrote:

Mk_II

Untitled

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Mk_II

I think that Alf would burn much better

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Brutapode89

WaveBoy wrote:

It's about Alfin' time! I was torn between this, or the first seasons of Punky Brewster and Full House.
Untitled

@RynoToadIcus

Nice buys! So how far did you manage to make in Battletoads? I actually haven't touched that infuriating little gem since the early wurly' 90's... a time when my gaming skills didn't quite make Turtle hall of Fame status. I never once made it past that dreaded speeder bike area....I can't even imagine how much tougher it gets after that, but I guess I'll know soon enough since this is going to be my next Retro buy. That, or finally forking down the whoppin' $45 for Mega Man 6(Cart only) that i've kept blabbing about for months on end. As for Earthbound...Do those scratch 'n sniff characters smell just as funky
as they did back in the early 90's?lol Earthbound got the Mother of all SNES treatments. The box was gigantic.

@Mk_II
That would be a nice item to burn in 'Little Inferno'.

I remember ALF! It was very funny! My father liked that TV series!

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

KingMike

Cybernator's price has gone up. Now it's averaging around $12-15 for the cart.
A year ago I got a cart in a local store for $4 and that was about the typical ebay price.

KingMike

Ryno

I also recently got this too:
Untitled

@AlfBoy: Nice vid. Classic example of how they do not make 'em like they used too! Alf was some good quality entertainment you could watch with the whole family. Now, all you get is reality trash or some over sexed up crime/murder drama. My wife and I are expecting our first child in June and as I think about watching TV with my kids it makes me miss the 80's & 90's. Maybe I just need to stock up on all the old classic sitcoms that we know and love!

As for Battletoads, I think it was one of my most played NES games. I remember I got for Christmas (why, oh why did I sell it?) and up until the SNES that game was one of my most played. As for how far I got, well are you asking with warp zones or not? I think I have made it totage 11 I did get pretty good at the the speeder bike 3rd level after frequent playing though. I think when I play it again the lightning fast reflexes will come back to me like Captain Planet comes back to the Planeteers! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Battletoads and seeing if you can beat the game from which legends are made!

I'm not scratching these sniffers! A minty Earthbound guide is to valuable to waste on a quick whiff. Other than Mario Paint I cannot think of any other SNES game that got the Motherload box.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

yeah, i didnt scratch any of my earthbound stickers in any of my guides.

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

@ogo79: you save your scratching for other things

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

@ogo79: you save your scratching for other things

i can guarantee that is 200% accurate

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

@Ryno; I had Battletoads for the NES in fact I think I still do. No other game before or after have I had such a love/hate relationship with a game. OMG the hours I spent trying to master the speed bike course and eventually mastering it. Without warping I believe I got to the level right after the surf board level where you fight the big rat boss. After that its a bit fuzzy for me since its been years since I played that game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

granada for sega genesis. second time having this. anyone who doesnt own this game is insane. its one of the best genesis games around.

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

i decided to buy a second one of these because i think they are that awesome:
Untitled
mother 1 shirt
Untitled VS Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic