Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,821 to 1,840 of 3,468

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,821. Posted:

Well, now Mike Tyson is waiting for my challenge. He's probably going to be waiting in my drawer for awhile though.
And hanging out with him are a few Rare carts (Cobra Triangle, Digger T. Rock and Wizards & Warriors).
I think I just ordered almost all the RC Pro-Am games at least cart/manual, except RCPA II, because that's the only one that'll cost more than a few dollars. :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

SpriteKing

1,822. Posted:

Got Sonic Adventure DX the other day.
The voice acting is baaaaaaaad.

"Hey Strong Bad. You jumped over some of my buses!"
I don't have a backloggery, and if I did have one you wouldn't care
I will never have one tenth of an ioda of a clue as to why My Little Pony is only popular with 20+ year old males
Anamanaguchi is neat

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,823. Posted:

World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/mg/w/o/woilmg0f.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,824. Posted:

Scarhino89 wrote:

World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck

Nice find!

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,825. Posted:

Speaking of Sega-related news, after weeks of waiting, the RetroGen adaptor has finally arrived. Well, technically the adaptor isn't retro (since it was made, when, 2011-2012?) and it isn't made by Sega (but it is made by the wonderful company that crafted the Retro Duo system, Retro-Bit), but it does let you play retro Sega Genesis and MegaDrive titles on an SNES console (or a Retro Duo). I fired up my copy of Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (which I was so eager to play since waiting for the adaptor), and it works! =D YAY!!! I can't believe I played a Genesis cartridge on a Nintendo system on my TV! =)

This is the best SEGATENDO DAY EVER!!!

Okay, I'll calm down now. As for the game: so far my impression on Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse is that it's good! :)

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,826. Posted:

got another nes controller

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,827. Posted:

@ogo79 - the original rectangular one or the "bone"-shaped one?

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,828. Posted:

RetroBrony91 wrote:

@ogo79 - the original rectangular one or the "bone"-shaped one?

the original, but i like 3rd party controllers because they are new. ive got a few of those. i just keep controller kits for all my systems incase they need to be changed.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,829. Posted:

@RetroBrony91 Segatendo!!! Very funny as name!!! :D I found Sonycrosoft!!! Is it funny? :)

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,830. Posted:

@Scarhino89 - I guess so :D
Now that I have a RetroGen, I must compile a (not too big, not too small) list of Genesis and MegaDrive video games I'd like to buy and play in the near future!

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,831. Posted:

A loose cart of Gilligan's Island for the NES from amazon (after losing an auction on ebay... causing the winner to have to pay more for theirs than I paid for mine :D ), and I also ordered an orphan Dragon Quest V SFC manual to go with my loose cart.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

MegaWatts

1,832. Posted:

My last purchase was a little while ago but thought it was worth sharing here. Mario No Photopi for N64 (you may have seen it retweeted on the NL Twitter feed at one point). It's not really a game - more like dumbed-down image editing software. The game features a unique cartridge that allows you to insert a SmartMedia card (it also comes with a 2MB card - although the format is now, of course, archaic). A great collector piece - not so much to play!

Untitled

Edited on by MegaWatts

Retro reviewer for Nintendo Life, and loving it!

Nintendo Network ID: MegaWatts | Twitter: MegaWatts64

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,833. Posted:

So, it's not quite Mario Paint 64?
Did at least allow you to access Game Boy Camera photos? (maybe Transfer Pak + GB Camera) :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,834. Posted:

Found something called a supercharger for Atari at flea market

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,835. Posted:

as i've said, i got the hobbit (GC) in the mail, and i'm near completion with it. expect a review coming soon on Blogger, as i expect NLife will not review it in the spirit of the movie coming soon ]:<

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

1,836. Posted:

I ordered Diddy Kong Racing for $19 and Blast Corps for $5 off of Amazon. The should come by Friday.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage

alandd

1,837. Posted:

Knights of the round..king of dragons for super famicom. Any super famicom collectors here ?

alandd

AuthorMessage

MegaWatts

1,838. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

So, it's not quite Mario Paint 64?
Did at least allow you to access Game Boy Camera photos? (maybe Transfer Pak + GB Camera) :)

It's much less advanced than Mario Paint 64. It's not compatible with the Transfer Pak either, although that's probably because the game wasn't developed by Nintendo.

Retro reviewer for Nintendo Life, and loving it!

Nintendo Network ID: MegaWatts | Twitter: MegaWatts64

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,839. Posted:

nemesis wrote:

Knights of the round..king of dragons for super famicom. Any super famicom collectors here ?

right here. check out majyuuou aka king of demons for sfc

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,840. Posted:

@nemesis - I only have seven Super Famicom carts atm, I've started collecting them since the summer, and it is just awesome to import! Knights of the Round and The King of Dragons are fun, unique beat'em ups (I play them both on Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded on the PSP)

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own