Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 4,850

_Wallace

@Waveboy: and @Tasuki: I agree; the systems a person grew up playing determines what they consider as Retro. I received an Atari 2600 on my 10th ('81) birthday and an NES in '87. However, this is just my opinion which is no more valid than anyone else's.

Edited on by _Wallace

3DS FC: 3308-5501-6669
Now Playing:
GB/GBC/GBA:
DS/3DS: Code Name: S.T.E.A.M
NES:
SNES:
N64:
GCN:
Wii:
Wii U:

KingDunsparce

WaveBoy wrote:

B18C5Tom wrote:

Pikminsi wrote:

I bought F-Zero GX and Viewtiful Joe for the Gamecube.

F-Zero GX is amazing IMO! I still have my old game save files with all my created vehicles, and all tracks unlocked, etc.

Oh man, GX is personally one of my least favorite videogames of all time.
It just felt completely lifeless and dismal compared to the previous F-Zero games and it was quite obvious
NIntendo wasn't behind this outing. Even the King of koopa's 'Shingeru Miyamoto' himself admitted that he didn't like it.

I dig the SNES orginal and F-Zero X, but GX just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. When it comes to Nintendo sequals,
i can't stand the following > F-Zero GX, Wario Land 3 and LOZ: Wind Waker.

Hmm, well I hope I enjoy it more than you did, especially since I loved Wind Waker

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

CanisWolfred

You probably will. I have no idea how anyone can call F-Zero GX "Lifeless and dismal." Sure, it's freakin' hard as hell, and the music sucks, but it still has plenty of personality, charm, and overall fun-factor.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingDunsparce

CanisWolfred wrote:

You probably will. I have no idea how anyone can call F-Zero GX "Lifeless and dismal." Sure, it's freakin' hard as hell, and the music sucks, but it still has plenty of personality, charm, and overall fun-factor.

Yay! Anyways, I'm also going to buy Metroid Prime since I want to catch up on a lot of high-praised GC games.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson

Mk_II

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

gekslupis

Megaman for the 3DS VC

Good day
<link href=http://backloggery.com/epicgamer9623>Backloggery</link>

Olly88

Last week I bought Puggsy for the Mega Drive. Hasn't arrived yet though

Olly88

koala10209

Nintendo 64

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie

koala10209

PopeReal

Just picked up a Sega Saturn with 2 controllers, 3 games (Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA) and an original XBox w/ 2 controllers all for 30 bucks. I was just going to sell the XBox since I have one but it turns out is modded and has tons of games on it so I will have 2 XBox's now haha. I love my local thrift store. The Saturn works great, going to order the RAM cart and I will look for more games while hitting the yard sale circuit this summer.

Now owned: NES, SNES (x2, both the original and mini version), N64, GameCube (w/ GBA player), Wii (x2, both models), Wii U (black), PS2, XBox (x2), Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn (yeahhhh boyyyy) <---Flavor Flav sound effect

Most wanted: Turbo Grafx 16, with CD player would be nice... and Sega Master System. Oh and NEO GEO but that is just a dream right now....

PopeReal

_Wallace

@PopeReal are you in Colorado by any chance?

Now Playing:
GB/GBC/GBA:
NES:
SNES:
N64:
GCN:
Wii:
Wii U:

PopeReal

Nope, Oregon Just a Broncos fan. No NFL team in Oregon and have been a Broncos fan for many years!

PopeReal

_Wallace

@PopeReal OK, I was hoping to tip you off to a couple of great vintage game stores . Go Broncos!

Now Playing:
GB/GBC/GBA:
NES:
SNES:
N64:
GCN:
Wii:
Wii U:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

_Wallace wrote:

@PopeReal OK, I was hoping to tip you off to a couple of great vintage game stores . Go Broncos!

In Oregon if you are in Portland a great Retro store is Video game Wizards.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PopeReal

Serj_Vaykian wrote:

_Wallace wrote:

In Oregon if you are in Portland a great Retro store is Video game Wizards.

Well thanks to both of you! And yes go Broncos!

PopeReal

KingDunsparce

F-Zero GX and Viewtiful Joe finally shipped in! I'm going to try them out now

KingMike

With GBA becoming retro, I figured I better pick up a complete Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2 to go with my copy of the first game I bought when it came out but never opened yet to play.
I don't know if the Shining Force remake is worth trying to find?

KingMike

KingDunsparce

RetroBrony91 wrote:

@Pikminsi - have fun!

Thanks! The games are really fun so far. So far I like F-Zero more but Viewtiful Joe is getting really interesting

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic