Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,801 to 1,820 of 3,426

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,801. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

in celebration of the Hobbit movie coming in december, i ordered the hobbit for gamecube on amazon. i doubt NLife will get in the spirit of reviewing it, so i'll do it myself.

I remember that game. I had rented it from Blockbuster. When I was younger I used to think it had the most realistic visuals ever. I just explored everywhere, never really got to a specific destination. Good times!

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,802. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

in celebration of the Hobbit movie coming in december, i ordered the hobbit for gamecube on amazon. i doubt NLife will get in the spirit of reviewing it, so i'll do it myself.

I remember that game. I had rented it from Blockbuster. When I was younger I used to think it had the most realistic visuals ever. I just explored everywhere, never really got to a specific destination. Good times!

i remember playing it with my great-great-great grandkids. we played it in my crawlspace, and i remember it was at this point when i decided to say santa wasn't real. good times!

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,803. Posted:

Just picked this one up from my local Goodwill for $20 C.I.B.

Untitled

Even though I have this on the AC I just couldnt pass up a deal.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,804. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Untitled

box and manual, or just cartridge?

KAHN

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,805. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Untitled

box and manual, or just cartridge?

C.I.B. means complete in box.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,806. Posted:

Are you funkin' serious? $20 CIB? MM6 goes for about $40-45 CAD for just the cart itself on eBay.
Nice find Tasuki! Some goofball down at my friends locat Retro Videogame shop was selling Mega Man '8' for $45, when really it goes for about $10 on eBay. what a joke, he should be put in Jail with the Hamburgler for commiting such a deadly Cowabunga crime. :p

MM8 isn't one of my favorites in the franchise, but it's still more uplifting and enjoyable than that dreary, cold, lifeless and miserable MM10. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,807. Posted:

@Wavester: Now you see why I couldnt pass this deal up. :D

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,808. Posted:

@WaveWitch
i got my second or third copy of mm8 new for 15$, i believe its still the same price range...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,809. Posted:

@TerrorTasuki
It's always far more exciting finding a random killer retro video game find in person than it is shopping on the 'playing safe' eBay. Zero exciitement to be found there, but at least what you want is always gauranteed. :p

@OldGamesGhostly

3 copies? I guess 3 Mega man 8's are better than one. :p
I don't blame you though, Astro man sounds like the ultimate Barber Tranny.lol

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,810. Posted:

@WaveWitch
i mean i used to have like 2 or 3 copies. same thing with sotn and castlevania chronicles. one night i sat down and played mm8 and got all the robots down but astro man, that maze or whatever it was kept me from beating that game. when i play it this time ill finish it.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,811. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Untitled

What kind of Goodwill were you at? :O
I get radical clothes at my local ones, but they never have anything retro gaming wise. ;_;

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,812. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Untitled

I get radical clothes at my local ones, but they never have anything retro gaming wise. ;_;

i know that feel, bro.

KAHN

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,813. Posted:

Literally, I went to Goodwill over the weekend. The only retro gaming thing they had was an old Dreamcast controller. >:0

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,814. Posted:

@ogo79
Mega Man 8 would of been a lot better had they ditched Mega Man's annoying in game voice. If I here "power Shot!" one more time...Plus those akward dismal Cutscenes with the hilarious-bad Dr. Light voice acting seriously needed to go. lol And the soundtrack? What a complete departure from the mega man norm. It sounded like Japanese ambient Elevator Spa techno. I couldn't stand most of it....Especially the intro Stage theme and Frost Man's. But at the core, it's still a fun game. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,815. Posted:

WaveWitch wrote:

@ogo79
Mega Man 8 would of been a lot better had they ditched Mega Man's annoying in game voice. If I here "power Shot!" one more time...Plus those akward dismal Cutscenes with the hilarious-bad Dr. Light voice acting seriously needed to go. lol And the soundtrack? What a complete departure from the mega man norm. It sounded like Japanese ambient Elevator Spa techno. I couldn't stand most of it....Especially the intro Stage theme and Frost Man's. But at the core, it's still a fun game. :p

you know whats funny? when i first popped that sucker in and i heard the voice and title screen music i actually liked it. even the power shot part. when ps1 came out i had a hard time accepting it because i was hunting for old style games and there werent many for it. i used to work in an electronics department back in the day. id scan through all the games. id see a ps1 and the games for it and couldnt help but stare at all the snes systems going for 30$. i tried dang near every ps1 game, as i could open whatever i wanted and play it back then. i accepted games like sotn, mega man 8, 40 winks and Medieval, thinking that was as old school as it was going to get. but i know where your coming from and im surprised i dont feel the same way

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,816. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

Emaan wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Untitled

i know that feel, bro.

Its just a normal Goodwill store. It varies the retro goodness that comes in. Most of the time its Call of Duty games or EA sports games like Madden or some obscure games but once in awhile something good comes in. Goodwill does have a site too where you can bid on items like ebay and sometimes they have games available on it.

@Waveula: I know what you mean. With Goodwill and a few other thrift stores in my neighborhood along with a retro game store I rarely go shopping for retro games on eBay unless its something I want right now and I have exhausted all other options.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Late

1,817. Posted:

Purchased an original purple GBA for 10€. Got a message from my friend yesterday and he asked if I wanted to buy it otherwise he would've taken it to a flea market. I bought an SNES from the same guy about a year ago for a nice price. Not going to use this GBA too often as I have GBA SP already but it's nice to have in my collection.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,818. Posted:

Quite the find their Tasuki! I wont tell you how much I payed for my CIB Mega Man 6. :p I actually despise retro shopping in brick and mortar stores. All the games look like they were used as coasters and Frisbee's and you can pretty much forget about finding the manual and/or box especially at thrift stores like Goodwill. Stores that specialize in retro games charge way to much I feel. I would much rather compete in the ebay market.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,819. Posted:

had to get this poster
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,820. Posted:

Untitled
and a couple of these kits

the_shpydar wrote: