Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,761 to 1,780 of 3,047

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,761. Posted:

@Ryno: Agree that promo was the best kinda makes me wonder why they never did a promo like that again. I still have my copy of Dragon Warrior too :D. Nice purchases there as always Ryno. Now you can get your spoony bard action on.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

1,762. Posted:

Just picked up some SNES games the other day. Nothing very rare, just some I somehow missed out on.
The list includes:
Timon & Pumbaa's Jungle Games
Earthworm Jim
The Magical Quest: Starring Mickey Mouse
Animaniacs
Toy Story
Pinocchio
Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday (Perfect for this time of year.)

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,763. Posted:

The first Mortal Kombat on SNES!
http://www.snes-fr.net/images/boxarts/Mortal%20Kombat_pal_car...

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,764. Posted:

Nice find @Ryno! Those are legendary RPG's. I still need to play them someday. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,765. Posted:

@Ryno - I believe you'll really enjoy Chrono Trigger. It's such a fantastic turn-based RPG, with over ten different endings adding to the replay value! :) Final Fantasy IV, on the other hand, I really need to motivate myself to catch up with; I may try it on Final Fantasy IV Collection on the PlayStation Portable.
@Applejacklove - nice purchases (I'm rather curious as to how Timon & Pumbaa's Jungle Games works on the SNES; I remember playing it on the PC when I was little and enjoying it a lot). :) Ah, Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday! Such a fun, overlooked game; one of my favorite guilty pleasures! :)
I really need to review it on my blog; I've been wanting to do so for two years now
If you find yourself enjoying The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse, make sure to check out the sequel The Great Circus Mystery starring Mickey & Minnie (if you don't already own it), as it's a really great sequel, imo :)

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
Also a fan of Gravity and all things 16-bit
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,766. Posted:

I got FFII CIB many years ago (1997, I think) from FuncoLand for $50. Turns out it was missing the map and serious manual wear. I wonder what kind of deal that would be now (though supposedly with inflation, that'd be about $70 now).
(though I'm disappointed my box got damaged when something spilled on it and my Quarth (Famicom) box.)

I'll agree Great Circus Mystery is pretty good, it just suffers from the Capcom sequel-too-similar-to-the-original syndrome (the only distinctive addition is that it has co-op play).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

1,767. Posted:

@RetroBrony91 Oh yes, I did forget to mention that I also played Timon and Pumbaa on the computer as well, I just haven't been able to play it in years because the game was no longer compatible with the super high tech software computers have these days. It was awesome fun though like you said. One of the best games of my childhood in my opinion. I just hope that the SNES version lives up to my expectations. And I always was interested in trying to find the sequel to Magical Quest, I've just never have been able to find it in a store. If all else fails, I'll probably just go the Ebay route, or some other internet site. And now I'm intrigued to see how this Porky game plays. Will get to it when I get the chance. :)

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,768. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Been waiting for a "reasonable price" to get these two SNES must have's for my collection. :D

Untitled
Untitled

I am probably one of the few that have never played Chrono Trigger. Final Fantasy II was the second RPG I ever played with the first being Dragon Warrior for the NES from Nintendo Power promo which still to this day has to be the best magazine promotion ever! RPG's aren't really my thing but I did spend a lot of time with Final Fantasy II and would like to get back to it again sometime.

You are lucky!!! ;)

I bought Mr. Nutz (SNES)

http://www.prixing.fr/images/product_images/36b/36b12b7ad9c90...

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,769. Posted:

@Scarhino89 - Ah, Mr. Nutz! :) It was both the first SNES game I bought and the first game I ordered from eBay over three years ago, plus it's one of my personal favorites. A lot of gamers who played it either love this game or they hate it (some for superficial reasons and others for understandable ones); I fall in the former category, as it's one of those games that still holds a special place in my heart. It's a fairly hard game, but it's got a good amount of fun, challenge, and charm, imo, and reaching the end proves to be a big reward in the long run (most particularly due the fact that it must be beaten in one go). But hey, at least it's easier to beat on one sitting than Plok is (even though that game's slightly better), though that's just me.

The thing I find very hard to believe about Mr. Nutz was that it was made by like three people... a 16-bit title of all video games!! I'm serious, you don't see many names of the people who worked on it during the credits sequence, and I was very surprised the first time I witnessed it.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,770. Posted:

@RetroBrony91 I like musics in the game.

QuackShot starring Donald Duck!! :D

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/mg/d/q/dqusmg0f.jpg

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,771. Posted:

Mt. Nutz seems to be more expensive for the NTSC version.
I'd guess it's rarer, as I thought it was a rental-only game. (too bad PAL games use a different lockout chip, or I'd probably have bought one on ebay)

I did buy a few games I think were rental only: Hurricanes, Eek the Cat (with manual) and Mighty Max.
Looks like Kid Kleets is going to be the more expensive to find, so I shall have to wait (a couple years ago, I think the game was as equally low priced as the others).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,772. Posted:

@Scarhino89 - oh, the music in Mr. Nutz is really good (underrated, too), it's one of the best parts of the game, aside from the gorgeous visuals and good gameplay, of course (the "Clouds" theme is really breathtaking and unbelievable)

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,773. Posted:

mr. nutz has a sequel for genesis as a repro cart too

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,774. Posted:

Well, technically Mr. Nutz Hoppin' Mad is more of a prequel than a sequel (from what I looked up), and from the videos I've seen it looks like a blatant Sonic wannabe, albeit with some additional gameplay elements in the mix.
There's a repro cart of the MegaDrive adaption of the Amiga prequel, you say? Wow, that's surprising to hear. In relevant news: I find it rather curious that way back when (mid-90s), there was a European gaming magazine (for Germany, iirc) that reviewed the MegaDrive port of Mr. Nutz Hoppin' Mad, only for it not to be released to the gaming crowd. I mean, really, that's just strange, and I don't believe a reason was given for the lack of release (but if there was, please feel free to correct me).

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,775. Posted:

@WaveWitch
actually, i take everything back :P i just realized how much i loved LoZ:WW (one reason why i deleted my comments towards it :P). while i wont argue that it separates itself in many ways from the rest of the series, that's what makes it so bold, it goes where no zelda game has gone before(star trek reference, fyi).
it might even have the largest overworld in a zelda game, which pleases me. the fact that you must discover every square on your map pleases me even more. it makes me feel a tad bit more adventurous than i had ever felt in a zelda game.
by the time i said my first statement of the game, i hadn't yet completed the first dungeon (valoo's volcano). since then, the dungeons have gotten MUCH better.
it's incredible how immersible the game is too, i should add. i found myself playing hours and hours on end until i realized i began at 8:00am, and it was then 5:30pm!
the story is in my favor as well! [SPOILER BEGIN] It takes place after OoT when link is sent back to his childhood after he defeated ganon. ganon is then resurrected, and this time, with no link to fight him, the 3 goddesses flooded hyrule.[SPOILER END]
really, the whole thing is phenomenal.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,776. Posted:

RetroBrony91 wrote:

Well, technically Mr. Nutz Hoppin' Mad is more of a prequel than a sequel (from what I looked up), and from the videos I've seen it looks like a blatant Sonic wannabe, albeit with some additional gameplay elements in the mix.
There's a repro cart of the MegaDrive adaption of the Amiga prequel, you say? Wow, that's surprising to hear. In relevant news: I find it rather curious that way back when (mid-90s), there was a European gaming magazine (for Germany, iirc) that reviewed the MegaDrive port of Mr. Nutz Hoppin' Mad, only for it not to be released to the gaming crowd. I mean, really, that's just strange, and I don't believe a reason was given for the lack of release (but if there was, please feel free to correct me).

Untitled
prototypes and finished games pop up all the time dude. bio force ape was never finished and the proto was bought from a japanese site, was dumped and now can be played on an nes cart.

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,777. Posted:

@ogo79 - I know that prototypes and finished games surface often, it's just that it's the first time I heard that the Mr. Nutz prequel was transferred to a repro cart, which I found rather fascinating and right now I'm interested. But hey, that looks pretty good (I think I've seen the cover art on deviantART one time, it looks nice), and if it pops up on eBay one day (so far it hasn't), I might take Mr. Nutz 2 (as it's called) into consideration, seeing as I really enjoy the original SNES game; something tells me though that it might be really pricey, like most repro carts are (or maybe it won't, I'm not certain). Well, one day I'll see.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,778. Posted:

@RetroBrony91
you arent the only one i told about mr nutz 2 that was shocked. i told some chick and she flipped out too
oh you can get it here: http://www.segaage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=43&thr...
the guy who does the artwork is a cool dude as well. there arent any instructions for the genesis/mega drive games but everything else is intact. it should be 40$. have a look at all the games. they added one to the list i suggested so im hoping they add the others soon.

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,779. Posted:

Squaresoft game on SNES!!!!! ;)

http://www.legendra.com/media/covers/snes/secret_of_evermore_...

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,780. Posted:

Good one. I always liked Secret of Evermore, glitches aside.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~