Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 4,850

Ryno

@Ogster: Thanks for reminding me about the Taito Legends collections.. I definitely want those! I also want Capcom Collection, especially 2, but I still like the individual SNES ports as well. I wish one of the collection's had Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

@Master_Ryno
i agree about the snes ports

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

RobbEJay

I used to love that episode as a kid, too bad I don't remember it too well. Still have some of them along with other vhs tapes like Extreme Dinosaurs, dino riders, and Land Before time (anyone see a pattern here?).

A lot of people don't get why someone would keep things that your "too old for" despite those things being worth way more in sentimental value than if you got rid of them. So its ok to spend thousands trying to make yourself look younger but its silly and childish to do things that make you feel younger, like enjoying the things you enjoyed growing up or going on nostalgia trips?

Edited on by RobbEJay

RobbEJay

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

Does anybody else find that the two characters crusin' on the left look like a Medieval Rocksteady and a she-Turtle? Speaking of the PS2, i'm going to get one eventually. It's really weezin' on my grindage and irritating me to no end that i still haven't experienced Silent Hill 2(which i actually own), SH3, SH4: The Room, Klonoa 2, Contra Shattered Soldier, Mega Man X7, MMX8 and that underwhelming Parapa the Rappa Sequal. XD

@RynoRadical

I've never played Sparkster, but I owned the Genesis original. It had such a timeless classical animated look to it with one phenomenal soundtrack to match. Fantastic game and beats the Coka Cola out of Sonic the Lamehog! I'm suprised that it hasn't been released on the Wii's VC, and i won't be getting it on cart seeing as how i'm thinking of getting rid of my Genesis....I just don't like owning it for some odd ball reason regardless of the classics.
The muffled hell raising synthasized gargling SFX, the weak limmited color pallette for most of the games and the bulky loose-ish feeling oversized buttons is a tiny bit off putting. Like you said, the quality just isn't quite there. Contra Hard Corps is still more Intense, fun and Challenging than Contra III though. Bloodlines was pretty solid as well, but not up SCIV standards...Everytime i listen to SCIV's score i'm just flabber gasted at how
truly amazing it is.

So much going on here in these two paragraphs I feel like I am watching the Take on Me by A-Ha. So you are thinking about selling your Genesis? I can understand where you are coming from as I have barely touched my Genesis since I got one. For me I can meet all my retro needs with the NES and SNES. Did you ever get an Atari? You may feel the same way about the Atari as you do with the Genesis.
Your PS3 is not backwards compatible though? Mine is and I thought I would get around to the SiIent Hill games by now but I have such a limited time I doubt I ever will. I do want to give the preivously mentioned collections and Mega Man X collection. You getting a PS2 would be like Shredder giving up taking over the world and working at a pizza shop owned by the Turtles.

Anyway, now that you do mention it I do so a Medieval Rocksteady and a she-Turtle in that picture! Haha...

Love the pictures from inside the Waveshack. Is it true that Folks linin' up outside just to get down? Also,what is that blue poster thing are laying on?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

picked up some more shirts, fangamer has the best game shirts period.
Untitled
another earthbound shirt:
Untitled
a mother 3/earthbound 3 shirt:
Untitled
and the other stuff ill post some real pics eventually

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Mk_II

Untitled

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

JGMR

The Competition Pro USB, which includes a CD-ROM with Amiga classics.

Untitled

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

LightningCount

Mk_II wrote:

RetroGen is a weird adapter that allows you to play Genesis games on a SNES console (well, sort of... it piggy-backs the power and controllers)

http://anerdoccurrence.com/2012/03/02/retrogen-adapter-review/

Sounds pointless to me, I'd much rather play games on the console they were intended for. (I take a dim view of emulation also).

2664-2890-0528 - 3DS friend code - add me if you want to play Raid mode on Resident Evil: Revelations.
MMA is the best sport on television.

Ryno

@ogo79: Nice shirts, I expect many people wont recognize what they are.

LightningCount wrote:

Mk_II wrote:

RetroGen is a weird adapter that allows you to play Genesis games on a SNES console (well, sort of... it piggy-backs the power and controllers)

http://anerdoccurrence.com/2012/03/02/retrogen-adapter-review/

Sounds pointless to me, I'd much rather play games on the console they were intended for. (I take a dim view of emulation also).

Yeah, the RetroGen sells for more than a Genesis. I bought a Genesis system last year for around $11.00 shipped. A good space saver though I suppose.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

@Master_Ryno
no one ever understands my shirts lol

the_shpydar wrote:

Mk_II

ogo79 wrote:

@Master_Ryno
no one ever understands my shirts

You should get that printed on a shirt

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Ryno

Surprise, another Beat 'Em Up!
Untitled

Probably wont find a game about Indians like this anymore.
Untitled

Another Ninja NES game!
Untitled

dun dun dun dun DUN DUN DUN DUN!
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

KingMike

Wow. That Final Fight 3 must be worth like a thousand dollars by now!

KingMike

ogo79

Mk_II wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@Master_Ryno
no one ever understands my shirts

You should get that printed on a shirt

that is a terrific idea actually
@Master_Ryno
how do you like whomp em?

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

ogo79 wrote:

@Master_Ryno how do you like whomp em?

Like the box, has a good smell, nice read in the manual but haven't played it yet though. I will have to get back to ya. Do you have it?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@Master_Ryno how do you like whomp em?

Like the box, has a good smell, nice read in the manual but haven't played it yet though. I will have to get back to ya. Do you have it?

no i dont own whomp em, but i just owned a whopper

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic