Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,681 to 1,700 of 3,449

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,681. Posted:

Ordered a couple boxed Japanese GBC RPGs, Grandia Parallel Trippers and Soul Getter, as well as couple loose carts Dragon Slayer Gaiden (an action-RPG, I hear it's kind of uncommon) and a find, Lolo no Daibouken. I really would prefer the EU version. But though I've only somewhat regularly checked, it seemed to only turn up on ebay German, and from sellers that don't want to ship outside of Europe. So, I guess I can't be too picky. :) Just got to get that and hope for the unlikely chance of a 3DS VC Import release (considering Lolo 3 VC never happened).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,682. Posted:

MattEriks wrote:

i got Tales of Symponia. Don't know how retro that is.

I also got me an old G&W Ballon Figh

your soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awsome for buying that :D

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,683. Posted:

i bought these ps1 games
chrono cross
FF 8(isnt that good but love the chatacters)
FF 7(have this on Ps3 but im a ff 7 fanboy best ff game ever)
FF 9(have this on ps3)
tales of eternia(destiny 2)(have this on psp)
legacy of the kain(AMAZING GAME)
crash 1 & 2
all the spyros

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

1,684. Posted:

Does Atari's Greatest Hits Volume 2 for DS count as a retro purchase?
Got it this morning lol. I had never seen so many old games at once.

@Square-enixFan: That looks so 90's cool! I want one!

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,685. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Yeah, Waveboy usually calls me names like sexy, hot stuff, and sugar lips. You get used to it. :D

i thought i was sugar lips!? i see how it is Waveboy, i see how it is

I used to call MissBirdo sugar lips, hot stuff, sexy, pink puffer, toobular tranny, egg baby, Sexy Subcon, the works. We were about to tie the Interwebz knot, that was until MissBirdo dissapeared......Then the devastating news broke loose...MissBirdo wasn't the furocious Egg spitting tranny from Subcon we all knew and loved, instead it was none other than that waskaly wabbit KaiserGX, X'n around toon town like a toobular titan on a set of hot wheels. lol

Random epic crazy funkalicious mega jive aside, i realllly need to post the next 5 or so recent retro buys I've made int he past 2 weeks. I've been slackin' but i blame the little Nasty virus that's making my computer unusually slow. Dr.Wily's at it again!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,686. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

I bought a Tiger Game.com with four games a few days ago and I got it yesterday. All I can say is it is...interesting. Oh for those who have no idea what I am talking about here it is. It was the first handheld with a touch screen and the ability to connect to the internet.
Untitled

Cool as a collectible... probably not much for hardcore gaming.
Most people who grew up gaming in the '90s probably heard of Tiger Electronics. And probably remembers their Game & Watch like portable games that were sold as cheaper alternatives to the GB/GG.
But while Nintendo's G&W were awesome (which I found out through playing the GB compilations), Tiger's were terrible probably because they tried to port games like Simon's Quest, Sonic and even Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat to that. Which of course are all well beyond what that limited hardware is capable of. (never played Simon myself, only seen it when the AVGN referenced it)
Though I remember back in the day when I went to daycare, one of the toys they had was a similar device, TMNT Basketball by Konami. I guess I remember it being okay, though later finding out Konami made a whole line of those makes me wonder how well Contra turned out. :D
(they also had some strange binocular-like handheld that was capable of simple line graphics, as I remember. Only recently found out it was probably some device called a Tomytron (and only after someone referred to the Virtual Boy as "a Tomytron strapped to your face")) :D
Rambling makes me remember another thing Tiger was possibly infamous for: the R-Zone, a "console" clearly inspired by the VB, but that still used G&W-like tech even though it removable "cartridges" that each contained the game screen.

I do think the WonderSwan was probably the better of the GBC's spectacularly failed competitors (that was probably similarly passed up for being (originally) monochrome as players were demanding a color Game Boy (and the first rumors of the GBA, known as Project Atlantis, appeared). It was the first (that I know of) to be played in both horizontal and vertical position. They also put two sets of buttons on the side, one to function as a D-Pad and another as action buttons. Something Nintendo and Sony should've copied if they intended their consoles to be played on their sides.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,687. Posted:

Dino Stalker for PS2

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,688. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Most people who grew up gaming in the '90s probably heard of Tiger Electronics. And probably remembers their Game & Watch like portable games that were sold as cheaper alternatives to the GB/GG.
But while Nintendo's G&W were awesome (which I found out through playing the GB compilations), Tiger's were terrible probably because they tried to port games like Simon's Quest, Sonic and even Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat to that. Which of course are all well beyond what that limited hardware is capable of. (never played Simon myself, only seen it when the AVGN referenced it)

OMG I remember those Tiger game watches. When it came around to my birthday or Christmas one of my relatives would always get me one of those crappy game watches from Tiger cause they knew I was big into video games but they knew nothing abut video games. I think I would play them once than they would go into my top drawer to collect dust. I remember off the top of my head I had Altered Beasts, Sonic and Mortal Kombat. I had a few others too but I cant remember what they were. I think the only time after the one time of play that they came out of the dresser drawer was when I moved out of my parents house years ago and they went to Goodwill.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,689. Posted:

I also bought Red Faction for PS2 and have to say that the games tech doesn't really hold up well but the game is a blast to play

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

1,690. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I also bought Red Faction for PS2 and have to say that the games tech doesn't really hold up well but the game is a blast to play

I only ever had the demo, but I used to love Red Faction on the PC.

I think they overhyped it a bit, though - before it came out they were implying that you could basically blow apart an entire level if you wanted. However, that obviously causes problems for the flow of the game (e.g. missing a bunch of scripted events by simply bypassing them) and you then found out that your rocket launcher, which could blow huge holes in rock, was unable to make a scratch in flimsy office dividers.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

therick112

1,691. Posted:

Are the Ace Attorney games considered retro at this point? I just played the first game and now have been on a hunt to purchase used copies of them.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-8228

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,692. Posted:

Wheels2050 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I only ever had the demo, but I used to love Red Faction on the PC.

I think they overhyped it a bit, though - before it came out they were implying that you could basically blow apart an entire level if you wanted. However, that obviously causes problems for the flow of the game (e.g. missing a bunch of scripted events by simply bypassing them) and you then found out that your rocket launcher, which could blow huge holes in rock, was unable to make a scratch in flimsy office dividers.

Lol yea I blew a huge hole in a road but then could not put a hole in a wall in an office type area. But eh it was awesome for the time at what you could destroy.

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

NoUsernameHere

1,693. Posted:

i gots me a pikachu/pichu GBC with pokemon yellow special pikachu edition,the legend of zelda:links awakening and pokemon gold!

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
T3H K00L KR@B
Formerly PSI_King, WarioMan and Ace_The_Elf.

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,694. Posted:

Star Wing (SNES)

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/sn/s/t/stfxsn0f.jpg

Starfox in Japan or North American version.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,695. Posted:

Untitled
Not the actual picture. The actual picture features the cart on some Nasty brown and white striped bedsheets. :p
This picture's far more cool. What's even cooler is that i used to own those Super Mario Bros/Legend of Zelda bed sheets back when i was KidCool!

Anyways! Without further of Frodo & everything fraggle Rock. Dudes and Dudettes, I present to you this little lucious Belmont Genny' Cart of Flying Medussa head-epic proportions. I've been talking about buying this classic BelmontBad boy for months on end and i finally caved in Like a Rapheal busting out the beat down on a clan of Dopey Foot Soldiers, and scored Bloodlines on eBay in preperation for this October howling halloween. :D

i'm extremely and i mean extremely excited to play it, since it's the 'only'(Meh...I'm not counting the SNES version of Dracula X. Rondo was the real deal!) traditional Castlevania i have yet to play and what makes it even more special is that it's the only NA Classic Castlevania to feature blood & Gore and because it's on the Mega Drive...which means funked up satanic sizzling electronic Techno-RockVania synth tunes to please the Mega Masses! Including Moi, the Master of mega mullets. B-) Sup!

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,696. Posted:

@Wavester: Totally sweet purchase there dude. I really enjoyed that game alot in fact I think it was better than Super Castlevania on the SNES. If you got time after you finish that one I suggest picking up the sequel Portrait of Ruin on the DS.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,697. Posted:

@TasukieZookie
it managed to top the grand daddyVania of them all... 'SCIV' ? :o :p
Man, i don't know. SCIV for me was just perfection, thee' ultimate Castlevania experience bare none. Whoknows, I'll go in with an open mind, instead of having the mind set that Bloodlines is supposed to be inferior to SCIV. I don't care if Belmont's not in this or that it doesn't exactly take play in Drac's Castle. i just want to to see some furocious gruesome beasts getting their limbs hacked off mega drive style with my trusty 16 bit whip. lol

As for Portrait of Ruin....well, i can't say i'm too thrilled at the thought of playing another Metroidvania... I've beatn both SOTN and Dawn of Sorrow(which i actually prefered over Symphony by a large chunk) but if i were to hop back into one, it would definitly be Portrait. OoE i've been hearing is the worst of the 3.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

rewindtimegames

1,698. Posted:

Latest Additions to my NES Collection
http://imgur.com/1f4mE

My NES Collection
squidoo.com/nintendo-nes-video-game-collection
Rewind Time Games

AuthorMessage

CoachLuke22

1,699. Posted:

Last night i scored the deal of a lifetime on craigslist. I bought Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majora's Mask and Clay Fighter Sculpters Cut all for $50!!! He was only asking $30 but i said id give him an extra $20 to meet me right away. It was close to Midnight. Best purchase ever!

Nintendo Enthusiast, Collector and Amateur Nintendo Historian

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,700. Posted:

CoachLuke22 wrote:

Last night i scored the deal of a lifetime on craigslist. I bought Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majora's Mask and Clay Fighter Sculpters Cut all for $50!!! He was only asking $30 but i said id give him an extra $20 to meet me right away. It was close to Midnight. Best purchase ever!

you sir, i like you...

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12