Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 4,850

Ryno

A couple of my SNES latest:

I got Final Fantasy III to go along with my recent purchases of Final Fantasy II and Chrono Trigger. These games just continue to only go up in value.
Untitled

And a personal recommendation from OGO, some outRAGEous Kendo anime action! This one definitely brings the funk as Jo turns into a 70's super hero on her summer vacation!
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

@nemesis
id recommend ghost sweeper mikami and psycho dream. i know king of demons is expensive but its well worth it.
@Ryno
haha cool, you got kendo rage. i havent made my way to beating it yet though. ill have to use the snes level select code for that one, that games like castlevania 2, you have a certain amount of time to beat it for the best ending. ill just have to master each level one by one so i can plow through it to get the best ending. definitely an interesting game.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

alandd

Cheers for the recommendations mate. Just picking up
Wrecking crew and choplifter 3.

Edited on by alandd

alandd

Ueoua

So about two years ago I purchased a load of GCN games from eBay. These were GCN games that I used to own back when I had a GCN. I have no idea why but I hadn't beaten or completed any of them back when I had a GCN. After buying them, about six months later, I sold them all so that I could afford a 3DS. Sadly, I didn’t enjoy the handheld experience and decided to sell the 3DS about nine months after. Over the past few weeks I have purchased all of the GCN games from eBay again – but this time I know that I’ll keep them (and beat/complete them). I’ll be purchasing a Wii U with NL and NSMBU at the end of the month. Even with the possibility of GCN games being available through the Wii U VC I much prefer physical media. I’ve used the Wii VC to purchase NES, SNES and N64 games and so with these newly purchased GCN games I have a console (Wii) that is five consoles in one! So, these are the games that I’ve purchased so far.

F-Zero GX
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Ikaruga
Killer7
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Luigi’s Mansion
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Zero
Sonic Mega Collection
SSX 3
Star Fox Adventures
Super Mario Sunshine
Viewtiful Joe
Wario Ware Inc
Wave Race: Blue Storm

I am also going to purchase the following games when I can find them in very condition on eBay.

Animal Crossing
Beyond Good & Evil
Eternal Darkness Sanity’s Requiem
Kirby Air Ride
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
Mario Power Tennis
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Super Smash Bros. Melee

I found a load of brand new GCN replacement cases on eBay so any of the single disc games have brand new cases and as a result are in immaculate condition. The two disc games have been purchased in like new condition, so were a lot more expensive.

I’d be interested to hear of any recommendations of games that I haven’t purchased or do not currently have in my to-buy list.

Edited on by Ueoua

Ueoua

Twitter:

ammonite-a3DS

link's awakening dx 2012 in october

3ds fc 3480-3557-6906 name GREEN FROG games mk7 nsmb2

DreamyViridi

Thanks to the MCM Expo in London last week, I bought back my childhood. A PS1 along with...
Untitled Untitled
Untitled
Untitled Untitled

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

StarBoy91

Oh, Crash Bandicoot, such a fun, memorable franchise during the PlayStation One years I played them all when I was little

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

DreamyViridi

@RetroBrony91

Same here, never completed Crash 1 as a kid though. The Ruin levels scared me... ^^"
Crash Bandicoot hasn't shown up for a couple of years now; and now that I'm a Nintendo fan, it makes me wonder what Nintendo could do with Crash if they were to buy the series from whoever has it right now...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

KAHN

zelda 3. oh wait...

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

KingMike

A buying spree on SNES and NES carts. I'll probably forget what half of them are until they arrive.

KingMike

alandd

Mike, I know what you mean...

alandd

ogo79

bought some more stupid nes controllers.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

CanisWolfred

I finally bought Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars for the Game Boy Advance. Cost me $16 cart only. I remember a time when I could've gotten it for $6. Oh well, it'll be worth the money.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

got some snes and genesis controller repair kits just to have around...

the_shpydar wrote:

LightningCount

Untitled

2664-2890-0528 - 3DS friend code - add me if you want to play Raid mode on Resident Evil: Revelations.
MMA is the best sport on television.

StarBoy91

Super Smash Bros. Melee, that was the first GameCube game I bought over a decade ago; great game

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

CanisWolfred

Bought Brave Fencer Musashi. The Manager was there, who was kind enough to give me a discount of $35 Disc-only...which is still way more than it goes for on eBay. Oh well, at least I got it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CerealKiller528

Bought Blast Corps for $5.74. I call that a good deal.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic