Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,641 to 1,660 of 3,499

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,641. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@Tasuki
let's not act like kids actually care about the ESR rating or not ;) if they did, call of duty wouldnt be so popular

Kids weren't the ones censoring games.

but they sure are the people BUYING the games ;)

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,642. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@Tasuki
let's not act like kids actually care about the ESR rating or not ;) if they did, call of duty wouldnt be so popular

Kids weren't the ones censoring games.

but they sure are the people BUYING the games ;)

Actually, it's their parents buying them for the kids. Kids don't have incomes, you see.

EDIT: I forgot about allowences, but personally, I've never seen a kid under 15 unaccompanied at a Gamestop, or even a KMart, and buy a game. I've pretty much always seen them accompanied by an adult.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,643. Posted:

@MickeyMac
what you say is true, i've never seen anyone under 15 without an adult either. but you see, uhh, ummm..
gets desperate to win argument
lets not act like parents know what their kids are playing these days! D: i know i could have bought an incredibly worse game than Mortal Kombat II when i was younger if i wanted, and my parents wouldn't even find out about the game until they actually see the game in action.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,644. Posted:

That I won't bother arguing. Unless they're already an avid gamer, most parents don't know what's in a game or have even the slightest clue how to check for unsavory content. It's very sad, really. Hopefully our generation will be more responsible.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,645. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

That I won't bother arguing. Unless they're already an avid gamer, most parents don't know what's in a game or have even the slightest clue how to check for unsavory content. It's very sad, really. Hopefully our generation will be more responsible.

Yep you some it up Mickey I have to agree with you.

As a parent of a gamer though I have to say I do pay attention on what he plays and that. I wont let him play say call of duty or GTA but I will let him play Batman Arkham City. Basically if its equivalent to a PG 13 rating I will let him play it. And he is 12 btw if that makes a difference.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,646. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

As a parent of a gamer though I have to say I do pay attention on what he plays and that. I wont let him play say call of duty or GTA but I will let him play Batman Arkham City. Basically if its equivalent to a PG 13 rating I will let him play it. And he is 12 btw if that makes a difference.

Sounds like a good way to handle it. He is close enough to 13, after all. Also, I just realized Arkham Asylum is T rated. Never knew that before...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,647. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

you sir... i like you...

KAHN

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,648. Posted:

Starfox Assault

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,649. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Starfox Assault

Hope you like it more than most do.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DRL

1,650. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Starfox Assault

Played that one straight through the other day. Not a bad game but the on-foot sections really slow things down at times.

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,651. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

you sir... i like you...

Not quite sure if you are being sarcastic there or not. If your not apologize for thinking that you were.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

LightningCount

1,652. Posted:

Untitled

Just bought this lot off ebay.

SNES
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World
Street Fighter II
Tiny Toons Bust Loose
World Class Rugby

I know a few good car boot sales where I can pick up some games to bolster my collection, I've got the retro bug and I got it bad. :D

2664-2890-0528 - 3DS friend code - add me if you want to play Raid mode on Resident Evil: Revelations.
MMA is the best sport on television.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,653. Posted:

Going to unleash a mini bucketload of Radical retro buys in a Bayside bitty'.
Pictures are everything, but my computer has been running slow for a couple of weeks now as to why i haven't bothered taking the time posting several of these retro pics based on what i've picked up last week or so. Now it's running like a smooth criminal. Sort of. :p Stay tooned'(hehe) Animaniacs. B-)

@Lightening_Lunatic

Ahhh, you came so close to getting Super Mario World CIB. The cart, the manual... but no box. But i can't blame you, scoring SMW CIB is pretty rare and when it's available it blazes past the $100 mark. It's the only retro Super Mario i don't have CIB. :p I'll get it some day, or some where.......Soooommmee Wherrrrrrrrreeee Over the Rainbowwwwwwwwww!!!. oh man, that was b-a-d, even for moi. lol Intentionally cheesy, mac 'n cheesy to be exact. Just the way i like it. Zoink!

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,654. Posted:

scoring SMW CIB is pretty rare

yep. i think thats because most of them were sold as part of a console bundle and not in a box.

Picked up some more vintage strategy guides... all three are brand new, the SC2 guide is still sealed
Untitled Untitled Untitled

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

1,655. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

scoring SMW CIB is pretty rare

Yeah I've seen maybe 2 or 3 PAL copies of SMW CIB. There was one in fantastic condition being sold for about $80 or so in Australia about a year ago, and for some reason I didn't buy it - I figured there would be plenty more out there.

I'm kicking myself now.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

LightningCount

1,656. Posted:

Is WaveBoys post addressing me or another user, I'm not sure.

2664-2890-0528 - 3DS friend code - add me if you want to play Raid mode on Resident Evil: Revelations.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,657. Posted:

Yeah, the Super Mario World box is a lot rarer than the cart or manual because it most people got it in a console bundle. It was also a popular enough game that many who did buy the boxed version were probably parents (buying the game for their kids) and non-collectors who threw it away.
(though there was also All-Stars+World. The NTSC version never released separate of a console bundle, but the PAL version was.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,658. Posted:

LightningCount wrote:

Is WaveBoys post addressing me or another user, I'm not sure.

Nah, it couldn't of been you. Considering your name doesn't start with Lightning and you didn't just buy Super Mario World. :p

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

LightningCount

1,659. Posted:

True but my username isn't LighteningLunatic. :P
Got Super Mario Paint earlier and waiting on an auction of Super Mario Kart.

The SNES and other goodies should hopefully arrive before Friday.

Edited on by LightningCount

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,660. Posted:

LightningCount wrote:

True but my username isn't LighteningLunatic. :P

Thats just Waveboy for ya he gives everyone some nickname.

My Backlog