Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,621 to 1,640 of 3,339

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,621. Posted:

@WaveNinja: Shadow of the Ninja sounds like the game you are currently looking for then! It’s a quick and simplistic classic 8-bit NES challenge indeed. I can get to the final boss but I have yet to beat it. I end up not having enough remaining lives/continues and than get the nasty McDonald’s Hamburglar game over screen. :P I am curious to know your thoughts on it though I have an Icarus inkling on what you will think because most of the time we are usually in agreement on including about the whole the Genesis “quality” factor.

Here are a couple of my latest:

Totally Rad or Totally Bad? Doesn’t matter because this one oozes 80’s surfer lingo and steeze like no other mother on this planet!
Untitled

One of the coolest NES boxes without a doubt.
Untitled

Nothing silly about this next one. It needs no introduction to any retro gamer because this one will never be terminated.
Untitled

What Sunsoft managed to produce with the soundtrack to Journey to Silius is just outstanding!

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,622. Posted:

@Ryno
lol i beat totally rad awhile back, still on the fence about it. its beatable but some of the magic is useless as they admit in the game. you are told some of the magic is "bogus" i believe lol

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

DRL

1,623. Posted:

Buddy of mine picked up "Congo's Capers" for the SNES a few days ago and we spent some time playing that. Pretty fun platformer - similar to "Joe & Mac." I've also stumbled onto an NES game called "Legacy of the Wizard" and it is insane. I can't believe how large/confusing the world is.

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,624. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

my gamestop started selling classic games well just N64 and ps1 so i picked up some 64 games
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
hey you pikachu(its a retarded game but its a fun game i like to cuss at the pikachu xD)
mario kart 64
banjo tooie
conker bad fur day(like one of the best games i played on th 64 in my opinion)
and diddy kong racing (much better then the DS version in my opinion)

How much did all that come to? Because a lot of those are heavily sought after games, especially Goemon...

in total it came to 57 dollars but it was worth it

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

1,625. Posted:

A Teal Gameboy Color in rough condition with Donkey Kong '94 and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets from a kid at school all for a grand total of 21.50. Now all need to do is buy a replacement screen. Anyone know were to buy one for ultra cheap?

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

DeMoN-13ruce

1,626. Posted:

finaly found out where i can buy eshop cards in my village....

gonna buy dillons rollig western zelda awakening and those warioland titles

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,627. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

A Teal Gameboy Color in rough condition with Donkey Kong '94 and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets from a kid at school all for a grand total of 21.50. Now all need to do is buy a replacement screen. Anyone know were to buy one for ultra cheap?

-.- you got to be kidding me you bought a GBC in rough condition you should have not even bothered with it and went to ebay or Play N Trade to buy one

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Megajack

1,628. Posted:

GameBoy Player, Metroid Zero Mission, and a GameCube. I just ordered them today. :)

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

1,629. Posted:

@mieu-fire
It still runs fine its just not up to my standards. It just needs a new screen because the current one is heavily scratched near the top right side of it. Plus it is my 2nd Gameboy Color I have another one this I bought because A. It came with Donkey '94 and B. I plan I reselling one of them one day.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,630. Posted:

i just recently bought Mortal Kombat II on SNES on amazon!

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

Iceberg

1,631. Posted:

Resident Evil 0 for $25. Not the best deal but I've been looking for it for a while.

Iceberg

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,632. Posted:

Untitled
Untitled

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Zombie_Barioth

1,633. Posted:

Found Donkey Kong Country for $9.50 at my local thrift store the other day. Compared to the virtual console and Amazon thats not too bad.

Not very recent but one of my best finds was about two years ago. Found a SNES complete with the cables and two controllers and Super Mario Allstars, along with Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past, Super Mario World, and Secret of Mana for $20 at the same place.

Zombie_Barioth

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,634. Posted:

Untitled
Untitled

And that does it for my Genesis wishlist.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

NImH

1,635. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

I felt like such a when I bought that game back in the day... Little did I know that (unlike the Genesis version) it was family-friendified by Nintendo! Haha! I guess I was always just a Nintendo-nerd.
BTW: I friended you on 3DS! My FC is in my sig if you care to add.

Edited on by theblackdragon

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,636. Posted:

The first Mortal Kombat was the game that made Nintendo realize there is a place for games for mature audiences, so MKII was the first to keep the violence with a parental advisory notice on the box (as it was released two months before the ESRB ratings were first used).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,637. Posted:

NImH37 wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

I felt like such a badass when I bought that game back in the day... Little did I know that (unlike the Genesis version) it was family-friendified by Nintendo! Haha! I guess I was always just a Nintendo-nerd.

wait, wasn't the ORIGINAL MK on SNES "family-friendified"? i got the game in the mail, and everything was in tact, blood, fatalities, everything. also, you added me? OK XD. im not sure what to say to that, so i added you in return. im not sure what you're looking for though, im a pretty boring person XD

KAHN

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,638. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

NImH37 wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

I felt like such a badass when I bought that game back in the day... Little did I know that (unlike the Genesis version) it was family-friendified by Nintendo! Haha! I guess I was always just a Nintendo-nerd.

wait, wasn't the ORIGINAL MK on SNES "family-friendified"? i got the game in the mail, and everything was in tact, blood, fatalities, everything. also, you added me? OK XD. im not sure what to say to that, so i added you in return. im not sure what you're looking for though, im a pretty boring person XD

Yes it was the first MK that Nintendo censored by changing the blood to grey sweat and changed a bunch of the fatalities which is why the Genesis version outsold the NES version. Nintendo learned from that so when they released MKII they kept everything intact. Of course by that time they had the ratings on the games by than since that was one of the games (that and Nighttrap) that caused the formation of the ESRB.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,639. Posted:

@Tasuki
let's not act like kids actually care about the ESR rating or not ;) if they did, call of duty wouldnt be so popular

KAHN

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,640. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@Tasuki
let's not act like kids actually care about the ESR rating or not ;) if they did, call of duty wouldnt be so popular

Kids weren't the ones censoring games.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~