Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 4,899

HandheldGuru97

A Teal Gameboy Color in rough condition with Donkey Kong '94 and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets from a kid at school all for a grand total of 21.50. Now all need to do is buy a replacement screen. Anyone know were to buy one for ultra cheap?

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

DeMoN-13ruce

finaly found out where i can buy eshop cards in my village....

gonna buy dillons rollig western zelda awakening and those warioland titles

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

Mieu-Fire

Square-enixFan wrote:

A Teal Gameboy Color in rough condition with Donkey Kong '94 and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets from a kid at school all for a grand total of 21.50. Now all need to do is buy a replacement screen. Anyone know were to buy one for ultra cheap?

-.- you got to be kidding me you bought a GBC in rough condition you should have not even bothered with it and went to ebay or Play N Trade to buy one

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Spagem

GameBoy Player, Metroid Zero Mission, and a GameCube. I just ordered them today.

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

HandheldGuru97

@mieu-fire
It still runs fine its just not up to my standards. It just needs a new screen because the current one is heavily scratched near the top right side of it. Plus it is my 2nd Gameboy Color I have another one this I bought because A. It came with Donkey '94 and B. I plan I reselling one of them one day.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

KAHN

i just recently bought Mortal Kombat II on SNES on amazon!

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Iceberg

Resident Evil 0 for $25. Not the best deal but I've been looking for it for a while.

Iceberg

Zombie_Barioth

Found Donkey Kong Country for $9.50 at my local thrift store the other day. Compared to the virtual console and Amazon thats not too bad.

Not very recent but one of my best finds was about two years ago. Found a SNES complete with the cables and two controllers and Super Mario Allstars, along with Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past, Super Mario World, and Secret of Mana for $20 at the same place.

Zombie_Barioth

NImH

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i just recently bought Mortal Kombat II on SNES on amazon!

I felt like such a when I bought that game back in the day... Little did I know that (unlike the Genesis version) it was family-friendified by Nintendo! Haha! I guess I was always just a Nintendo-nerd.
BTW: I friended you on 3DS! My FC is in my sig if you care to add.

Edited on by theblackdragon

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37 | Twitter:

KingMike

The first Mortal Kombat was the game that made Nintendo realize there is a place for games for mature audiences, so MKII was the first to keep the violence with a parental advisory notice on the box (as it was released two months before the ESRB ratings were first used).

KingMike

KAHN

NImH37 wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i just recently bought Mortal Kombat II on SNES on amazon!

I felt like such a badass when I bought that game back in the day... Little did I know that (unlike the Genesis version) it was family-friendified by Nintendo! Haha! I guess I was always just a Nintendo-nerd.
BTW: I friended you on 3DS! My FC is in my sig if you care to add.

wait, wasn't the ORIGINAL MK on SNES "family-friendified"? i got the game in the mail, and everything was in tact, blood, fatalities, everything. also, you added me? OK XD. im not sure what to say to that, so i added you in return. im not sure what you're looking for though, im a pretty boring person XD

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Tasuki

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

NImH37 wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i just recently bought Mortal Kombat II on SNES on amazon!

I felt like such a badass when I bought that game back in the day... Little did I know that (unlike the Genesis version) it was family-friendified by Nintendo! Haha! I guess I was always just a Nintendo-nerd.
BTW: I friended you on 3DS! My FC is in my sig if you care to add.

wait, wasn't the ORIGINAL MK on SNES "family-friendified"? i got the game in the mail, and everything was in tact, blood, fatalities, everything. also, you added me? OK XD. im not sure what to say to that, so i added you in return. im not sure what you're looking for though, im a pretty boring person XD

Yes it was the first MK that Nintendo censored by changing the blood to grey sweat and changed a bunch of the fatalities which is why the Genesis version outsold the NES version. Nintendo learned from that so when they released MKII they kept everything intact. Of course by that time they had the ratings on the games by than since that was one of the games (that and Nighttrap) that caused the formation of the ESRB.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KAHN

@Tasuki
let's not act like kids actually care about the ESR rating or not if they did, call of duty wouldnt be so popular

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

KAHN

Mickeymac wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@Tasuki
let's not act like kids actually care about the ESR rating or not if they did, call of duty wouldnt be so popular

Kids weren't the ones censoring games.

but they sure are the people BUYING the games

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

CanisWolfred

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@Tasuki
let's not act like kids actually care about the ESR rating or not if they did, call of duty wouldnt be so popular

Kids weren't the ones censoring games.

but they sure are the people BUYING the games

Actually, it's their parents buying them for the kids. Kids don't have incomes, you see.

EDIT: I forgot about allowences, but personally, I've never seen a kid under 15 unaccompanied at a Gamestop, or even a KMart, and buy a game. I've pretty much always seen them accompanied by an adult.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

KAHN

@MickeyMac
what you say is true, i've never seen anyone under 15 without an adult either. but you see, uhh, ummm..
gets desperate to win argument
lets not act like parents know what their kids are playing these days! D: i know i could have bought an incredibly worse game than Mortal Kombat II when i was younger if i wanted, and my parents wouldn't even find out about the game until they actually see the game in action.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

CanisWolfred

That I won't bother arguing. Unless they're already an avid gamer, most parents don't know what's in a game or have even the slightest clue how to check for unsavory content. It's very sad, really. Hopefully our generation will be more responsible.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic