Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,541 to 1,560 of 3,468

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,541. Posted:

I FINNALY FREAKING BOUGHT TALES OF DESTINY WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,542. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@RyMondo Nahh, i'm pretty sure that's not it. One of the biggest problems with Atari is that so many games can easily look a like due to the extremely limmited earth shattering graphics. :p Anyways! It's so coming to the NL's Retro Forum, considering it really is all sunshine and rainbows in comparison to the negative doom and gloom vibe that's constantly going on in the Wii U forum. :p It's almost like Sony fans are always on patrol around there.

I hear you about the Wii U forum, that and I can say I am bored with talking about a system that doesn't exist out in the public yet. The Retro forum has the the laid back vibes of the NESified 80's! I think i got this now, it has to be Adventure!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,543. Posted:

Holy crap! I'm pretty sure that's it! :o :p It looks like you're being chased by a giant 4-bit neon Sea horse.lol Thanks for the find man. ;)
I will definitly be adding this to the list just in time for Halloween. The only thing I need now is a tape recording of crickets chirping to play when i'm gaming on my 2600 at night in the dark haha :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,544. Posted:

Swagman on PSX. I had it when I was younger but seems I lost it. Doesn't seem nearly as good now as it did then but there's still some fun in it.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,545. Posted:

mieu-fire wrote:

That's a good one. Mad expensive, though.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,546. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

[/div]

That's a good one. Mad expensive, though.

ikr i cant belive i finnaly bought it im sooooooooo happy :Di got it for 78 dollars and 6 dollar shipping

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,547. Posted:

@WaveBoy and @Ryno there was a sequel called adventure 2 for the 5200 and its a homebrew.
off topic:the hardest nes game ive ever played is holy diver. im pretty far in but i see its going to take some time.
as for my other latest retro purchase this finally came back in stock. yay
Untitled

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,548. Posted:

Well, since Nintendo Power is sadly going to meet it's Dr. 'Doom' this crazy Christmas December. :o ....

Untitled
Actual online picture from the NP magazine i just bought :p

...I decided to hit up eBay on my PeeWee Bicycle in search for the earlier issue's of NP as in Volume 1-20 before prices become even more totaly extreme. Volume 1 which i want the most especially is out of my price range, since being the Mighty Master of mega mullets only pays so much. It goes for $100 +, so i did some more searching & cruisAloozin' and found an auction for Vol 7(89') where there's only 1 left going for around $100 'Buy it now' where instead I ended up lucking out and finding another that i won for $50 including Shipping during a 30 min-left auction. Yay me. B-)

The big bonus is that it covers Mega Man 2 and includes a Super Mario Bros 2 Tips and tricks Booklet, which are two of my favorite games of all time. I absolutely adore the original & bizzare claymation looking Dr.Wily on the front cover, especially in comparison to the lazy route NP has taken as of late with their 'take an official image and blow it up' routine, rinse repeat. The older issues were far more exciting because the artwork was always varied, weird and unpredictable, aside from the older magazines being miles more entertaining than the new, ouch!. I've got to say I don't remember reading this particular
issue, So it's going to feel completely fresh for me. I grew up reading a lot of the early 90'-93 NP issues with a few or so 89' issues, and stopped around the time the SNES took it's last breath. :p

Anyways! Vol 7 (1989') covers Mega Man 2 and includes the original SMB2 Tips and Tricks book! hehe. I couldn't resist! There goes a little chunk of my 3DS XL money hehe. What can I say, Retro comes first boils and brats! :D Here are some online photo's of the Vol7 that i just won. Sup!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Intrepid

1,549. Posted:

I got Wave Race 64 from Goodwill for $4, A Gamecube controller for $5, a Virtual Boy controller for $4, and a Snes game called Bubsy for $3.

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,550. Posted:

It sounds like you haven't heard of Bubsy before? One of the most infamous characters of the great mascot craze of the early '90s. (aside from Awesome Possum)
I like the first game, but others don't because you die so much in that game it's a joke (and maybe it had to do with that it was a Sonic clone. While that was the closest you could get on the SNES, of course I imagine Genesis owners probably preferred the real thing.). Too bad its sequels got worse with Bubsy 3D for PS1 being known as one of the worst games ever.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,551. Posted:

Soul Blazer (SNES)
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/8/81966/2189997-soul_blaze...
240€

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,552. Posted:

@Scarhino89
Untitled
Excellent choice, my friend! SoulBlazer, as well as its two spiritual follow-ups, is a really fantastic game

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,553. Posted:

@RetroLuma91 Thanks. ;) This game is very rare in Europe. I'm very happy to have found it! :D

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

Intrepid

1,554. Posted:

@KingMike No, I had never heard of Bubsy before getting this game. I guess you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the overview.

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,555. Posted:

Waveo Power: Nice buy indeed! Looks like a sweet issue in superboooooooooo condition! Those pics make it look like it is straight off the _power press. Ah, this sucks now I like totally want to collect early Nintendo Powers! As if I did not have enough games I want to get still...

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,556. Posted:

i just bought 3 n64 controllers and a n64 got my crystal team migrated to stadium 2 and my friends sliver team migreted to there 2 to see which team is better and mine will be

i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,557. Posted:

@Waveboy: Boy oh Boy does that Megaman II issue bring back memories. In fact that was the first issue my 80's mullet self every laid eyes on. Nice find there Wavester. And OMG that Ducktales preview wants to make me go and fire up my NES for a round of Ducktales.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,558. Posted:

Got a couple Konami SNES greats recently:

I played Sunset Riders in the arcades a few times and heard the SNES conversion is pretty good though the Nintendo censorship strikes again here. There just was not enough western games from this era.
Untitled

Batman Returns is a fun beat 'em up. Most of the time Batman video games are good and this no exception.
Untitled

Last but not least, Legend of the Mystical Ninja (the box is still in plastic). I remember renting this one as a kid and being being difficult. Looking forward to giving this one another crack. I do love the games with Ninja in the title!
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,559. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Got a couple Konami SNES greats recently:

I played Sunset Riders in the arcades a few times and heard the SNES conversion is pretty good though the Nintendo censorship strikes again here. There just was not enough western games from this era.
Untitled

ah man,I remember playing that on the snes and on the computer (at a friends house) that was a good game.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,560. Posted:

Awesome purchases, Ryno! All 3 of those are games that have been on my "must buy" list for years now. And all complete in box too! Must have been a whopping purchase. My cousin actually use to own Sunset Riders back in the day and him, my brother, and I would all take turns playing multiplayer. Such good times. Don't know if he still has it but seeing as he gave me some of his old SNES titles awhile back and it wasn't one of them I wouldn't be surprised if he lost it or something.
Batman Returns and The Legend of the Mystical Ninja are both fantastically fun games too. Good old fashion beat'em up with Batman? YES!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery