Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 4,850

KingMike

My latest Super Famicom order has some real balls to it! (both Dual Orbs and Dragon Quest III as well as a loose Goof Troop).
But I already have a CIB Majesco US version of Goof Troop, why buy another? So I hear the Japanese version, developed a year later than the US and PAL versions, has multiple difficulty settings, including altered puzzles.
DQIII was a little more expensive than I thought it would be ($16) considering I'd expect it to be a pretty common game (the GBC version also seems pretty expensive). Demand fueled by cult status? (didn't even the remakes sell into the millions?)

I also ordered an obscure GB shooter called Mercenary Force, cart and (from a separate seller and site) manual.

KingMike

RancidVomit86

sugethagreat wrote:

New guy here. These are my pick ups for the last 2 weeks

Untitled

Untitled

Couldn't help but notice World Heroes. Was a decent Street Fighter knockoff but it had some clunky controls.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

CanisWolfred

You lucky son of a gun! Now get Rovket Knight Adventures and Sonic 3, and you'll have the top 5 best Genesis games right there.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

sugethagreat

RancidVomit86 wrote:

sugethagreat wrote:

New guy here. These are my pick ups for the last 2 weeks

Untitled

Untitled

Couldn't help but notice World Heroes. Was a decent Street Fighter knockoff but it had some clunky controls.

Yeah those controls are a little slow but still fun to play. I'm looking for World Heroes 2 as we speak.

sugethagreat

sugethagreat

Picked this baby up today for $20 at Goodwill.

Untitled

sugethagreat

RancidVomit86

sugethagreat wrote:

Picked this baby up today for $20 at Goodwill.

Untitled

Xmen and Sonic awesome got a nice set of games. I already have 3 GGs but don't have Xmen

I found GB Micro at pawn shop yesterday for 20 bucks think I'm about to go buy it

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Brutapode89

@Jon_Talbain Thanks. But I already have got Sonic 3 on Wii's Virtual Console. I'll buy Quackshot and World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. All right!! I've got Rocket Knight Adventures!!

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/mg/r/k/rkadmg0f.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

ogo79

Jon_Talbain wrote:

Untitled

Don't ask me how much it cost...

how much did it cost?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

StarBoy91

Tail Concerto? Never heard of it; what's it like? I like the cover art, though; I find it (anime) cartoony yet appealing.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

CanisWolfred

RetroBrony91 wrote:

Tail Concerto? Never heard of it; is it a 3D platformer, or is it a very different genre? I like the cover art, though; I find it (anime) cartoony yet appealing.

It's a 3D-platformer/Action Adventure. It hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know how it is. I'm mostly in it for the story.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

I hear the price shot up after its spiritual successor Solatorobo for DS was released last year.

My latest retro purchase? A lot of both Super Famicom Monopolies.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

e-love

I went to Goodwill yesterday, had a garage sale in my neighborhood today.
This is the stuff I got:

Untitled

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

KAHN

is this thread exclusive to video-games only or the entire retro media? i am picking up a VCR soon, as well as the unaltered original starwars trilogy (autographed by David Prowse[darth vader])

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Brutapode89

@Jon_Talbain Good choice for Tail Concerto!! I've played this game when I was 12 years old!

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

CanisWolfred

KingMike wrote:

My latest Super Famicom order has some real balls to it! (both Dual Orbs and Dragon Quest III as well as a loose Goof Troop).
But I already have a CIB Majesco US version of Goof Troop, why buy another? So I hear the Japanese version, developed a year later than the US and PAL versions, has multiple difficulty settings, including altered puzzles.
DQIII was a little more expensive than I thought it would be ($16) considering I'd expect it to be a pretty common game (the GBC version also seems pretty expensive). Demand fueled by cult status? (didn't even the remakes sell into the millions?)

I also ordered an obscure GB shooter called Mercenary Force, cart and (from a separate seller and site) manual.

Should've gotten the GBC version of DQ3. It's the single most comprehensive remake Enix ever put out. Would've cost you twice as much, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KAHN

went to gamestop today. saw a preowned gamecube box behind the counter, i asked to buy it. employee said "oh, sorry. that's only for display. just the box." SO CLOSE

the experience drove me into purchasing a SILVER gamecube. maybe finally i'll be able to play wind-waker, four swords adventures, and twilight princess.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Mieu-Fire

just bought tales of phantasia for snes japanese for 74 dollars xD

MANGO

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic