Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 4,850

Tasuki

@Wavester: Totally sweet purchase there dude. I really enjoyed that game alot in fact I think it was better than Super Castlevania on the SNES. If you got time after you finish that one I suggest picking up the sequel Portrait of Ruin on the DS.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CoachLuke22

Last night i scored the deal of a lifetime on craigslist. I bought Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majora's Mask and Clay Fighter Sculpters Cut all for $50!!! He was only asking $30 but i said id give him an extra $20 to meet me right away. It was close to Midnight. Best purchase ever!

Nintendo Enthusiast, Collector and Amateur Nintendo Historian

KAHN

CoachLuke22 wrote:

Last night i scored the deal of a lifetime on craigslist. I bought Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majora's Mask and Clay Fighter Sculpters Cut all for $50!!! He was only asking $30 but i said id give him an extra $20 to meet me right away. It was close to Midnight. Best purchase ever!

you sir, i like you...

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Ryno

Here is some of my latest:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Here is some of my latest:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

did your cib Brokeback Mountain 2 for snes come in yet?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Spagem

Wario Ware Mega Party games. -b

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

Ryno

ogo79 wrote:

Not yet! I'm sure it is hung up somewhere in San Francisco though. In the meantime can I borrow the trilogy from you?

@HalloWave: Yeah, you probably couldn't handle Actraiser 2, the controls take some getting used to. The game is gorgeous
though like you said and I like all the religious overtones in it. So yeah, it's a good game but as tough as jello wrestling a mutagen induced Super Shredder in a turtle pie cream pit!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

WaveBoy wrote:

What exactly is the deal with Act Raiser 2? I've heard horror stories that it's one of the most frustrating and toughest SNES games out there. Apperantly the wonky controls are to blame. Sure looks beautiful though...Seems like it eclipses the original in terms of graphical power. It appears more lively and organic. Love the environemnts especially, but the original has got that classic first Wave SNES look, which is just....well....classic.

Essentially, they took out the Simulation stages AND over-complicate the original's simple-but-effective control of the Action stages.
Yeah, the controls are partly to blame (such as I recall double-jump and diving both require pressing jump while in mid-air. It was probably one move on the ascent and the other done if you're descending.) (other additions including aiming the sword up/down and blocking. Not certain but I think you also had to charge up spells to cast them in the second game instead of just hitting a button.)

KingMike

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Not yet! I'm sure it is hung up somewhere in San Francisco though. In the meantime can I borrow the trilogy from you?

@HalloWave: Yeah, you probably couldn't handle Actraiser 2, the controls take some getting used to. The game is gorgeous
though like you said and I like all the religious overtones in it. So yeah, it's a good game but as tough as jello wrestling a mutagen induced Super Shredder in a turtle pie cream pit!

you guys are going to need Luma for actraiser 2.
id loan out my BBM trilogy to you but WaveBoy wont give it back
supply and demand

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Brutapode89

I bought an old PS1 because I want finish the first Grandia but there is a stupid freeze bug in the PSOne Classics version on PS3. Then I bought that console and two CD of Grandia.

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

sugethagreat

New guy here. These are my pick ups for the last 2 weeks

Untitled

Untitled

sugethagreat

ogo79

@sugethagreat
welcome to NL.

the_shpydar wrote:

nessy

Just got "Golden game: 260 in 1" for NES in good shape for 10$...I think I made a good deal

CoachLuke22

I found Conker's Bad Fur Day today at the Flea Market for $15!

Nintendo Enthusiast, Collector and Amateur Nintendo Historian

StarBoy91

So recently I've ordered a game I've oft heard good praise of and become rather curious about all these years, so I thought what better time than just recently than to order the very first Disney-themed game available on the MegaDrive/Genesis: Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Muse (CIB; man, I love how it's neatly packaged); my first 16-bit Sega game that I bought

Untitled

But wait, what's this? Something's off! I don't own a MegaDrive or a Genesis console, so how am I to play this game? Well, fortunately, I also ordered a certain adapter cartridge called a RetroGen which will allow me to play MegaDrive/Genesis games on my SNES or RetroDuo consoles. The adapter's not here yet, but I hope it arrives very soon. I'm really interested in playing it, and I hope it's fun!

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Brutapode89

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic