Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,521 to 1,540 of 3,334

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,521. Posted:

my latest retro purchase, a box full of N64 Lodgenet controllers: Untitled

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Noob_The_Third

1,522. Posted:

New N64 wires.

Noob_The_Third

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,523. Posted:

Are those actually usable or are they strictly collectible now? :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,524. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

What games would you get from Super Fighter Team? I think I would order Beggar Prince, Legend of Wukong, and Star Odyssey if they were to release them again. How many games do you have? I cannot imagine ever being done, and that is just talking about 8 and 16 bit games!)

ive got my eyes open for beggar prince and legend of wukong, those are the two i may consider if they get released again. i dont have a million games, just trying to get the rest i need

Edited on by ogo79

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,525. Posted:

Are those actually usable or are they strictly collectible now?

Actually, somebody has been succesful in converting the Lodgenet controllers to work with a standard console. But for me they are purely ornamental :)

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,526. Posted:

Are those the N64s that they had hooked up to TVs in hotel rooms back in the mid ninety's?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,527. Posted:

Doom (SNES)
http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/sn/d/o/doomsn0f.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,528. Posted:

i recently bought anouther sega gennisis cause mine stop working but atleast my sega cd and 32X still works so i dont have to re buy them

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,529. Posted:

Are those the N64s that they had hooked up to TVs in hotel rooms back in the mid ninety's?

yes. Similar systems existed for NES, Super Nintendo and Gamecube. Ive got one Lodgenet Gamecube controller as well.

AuthorMessage

player310

1,530. Posted:

I am currently playing through Mole Mania for the Gameboy (via the virtual console), and I couldn't recommend it more... So far at level 6 with 100% completion for the first five levels... you can tell that it has Miyamoto-san quality.

player310

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4560-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: player1_310

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,531. Posted:

Chō Genjin 2 (Super Bonk 2) for the Super Famicom, and so far I think it's a fun platformer :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
ActRaiser is the most overexposed Quintet SNES game ever!
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,532. Posted:

A Colecovision with everything including the pack in game Donkey Kong for $35.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,533. Posted:

Mk_II wrote:

yes. Similar systems existed for NES, Super Nintendo and Gamecube. Ive got one Lodgenet Gamecube controller as well.

Not for NES (at least not in America, if you're thinking of the Famicom Box, which was a coin-operated machine in Japanese hotel rooms. I guess sort of like the PlayChoice-10, but in a hotel room.). The "Nintendo Gateway System" as it was called, was launched during the SNES/GB era (about 1994).
The systems in America were like a pay-pay-view service. They added a fee to your room bill for every hour you played.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,534. Posted:

I got another SFC beat-em-up Melfand Stories, seems it's another game Sting made before they went all complex-RPG. :)

And I ordered a trio of Taito Famicom games: Chuka Taisen (or Cloud Master, as its Master System version was known). Another horizontal shooter I kind of like, kind of sucks the game's shopkeeper is a racist (I found out a little while ago). :P
Tetrastar: The Fighter (the shooter), a Space Harrier knockoff. The music is so bad! :)
And the last one, SD Keiji Blader. A good sci-fi knockoff of the first Dragon Quest, but I got stuck on it awhile ago. So I splurged for a CIB copy of this one. I know I should've bought it a few years ago when it was cheaper. :(
I also ordered a cart of TwinBee 3. Playing some 3D Classics TwinBee made we want more.
(and also because the original Famicom commercial was awesome, but the announcer sounded more like he was saying "tin bee", which still kind of fits. :) )

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,535. Posted:

i dont remember what happened to my copy of doom for ps1 that i got when it came out, but i just got it again, it seemed weird to just have final doom for ps1 so now i have both again.

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,536. Posted:

@MKII
That's one radical box of N64 controllers. Looks like they're having a 64-bit orgy! :p

@Ryno.
Those 6 carts have been chillin, cruisin, falazoonin', soakin' up the shnazzy sea breezy' and Leonaro launging around like an over stuffed Paragoomba on a massive load of MCDonalds strawberry milk shakes! B-) I will finally be tackling Amagon pretty soon! I'm eager to plow my way through this one no matter how irritating and extremely beastly the challenge may be. Just to have this one completed on the Wavian's WaveMaster 8-bit List of NES VideoLand Retro Mean & Nasties will be an oh so sweet Destro-victory indeed. B-) ANd you better believe ogo79 That I will finish it! ;) And that's an interesting backstory on Nightmare Busters, be sure to let all of us RetroBoogers know how it is once you finally get your hands on it/ Hopefully it lives up!

Untitled

@Tasuki.
My dad had the ColecoVision with Ladybug, Donkey Kong and a few other titles. I guarantee it's still packed away at my grannie Garbonzo's house deep whithin a pile of Kajagoogoo, Michael Jackson, and The Beejee's Vynal Records. :p I'd rather score an Atari 2600 personally, but the ColecoCool definitly looks pretty gnarly.

Anyways boils & brats, babes and waves, I got another Retro goody' down on everybodies favorite eBay Island, I'll post the entire slew of tricker treaties in a bite size bit. I would have earlier but my computer is so slow, as if it's got a case of the Dr.Wily RoboEnza!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,537. Posted:

@Waveboy Totally agree with the Atari but I picked up that Colecovision from Goodwill and being that it was complete and only 35 dollars I know my fun loving younger retro self would totally have gone totally He-man against Skeletor on my practical mature grown up side if I let that retro deal sneak by like one of Carmen Sandiego's villainous criminals.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,538. Posted:

Nightmare Busters gameplay video. Not sure if this is the final product or not

I love the introduction music, and i find it pretty hilarious yet awesome that they completey stole the 'Nightmare' font from the Nightmare on Elm Street Sequals. :p This looks pretty fun! Like a slower paced Contra infused fantasy world where instead of using your trusty Bill Rizer Alien bustin' machine gun, you're wielding magical killer cards that would even make Gambit jelous!

@Tasuki
Spoken with a smooth lecturing spiritual voice from 'Splinter' from the first TMNT movie ,"Let your inner younger Michaelangelo take over, there's no room for maturity and mullets. Hamato Yoshi!" :P

I don't want to grow up i'm a Toys R Us kid baby. lol

Ahhh, when commercials were magical & Cozy, full of life and actually exciting

CRazy awesome randomness aside(as always), for $35 i would of splurged and dropped the cash as well. Although, as far as the previous gaming generation before the NES goes i think i'll just stick with the Atari 2600...My plan is to get one in time for halloween, 'with' HALLOWEEN, regardless of the complete suckage. :D

Untitled

Plus a few of MadAussieBloke's Atari 2600 game recommendations including my personal favorite PitFall. Then again, that's the only real title I have nostalgia from, plus some other game that i played at my uncles where you're constantly running away from a big fat scary blob while dashing through multiple mazes in search for keys. i really wish i knew the title of this one, because it litterally scared the Shredder Sh** out of me when i was really young. :o

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,539. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Then again, that's the only real title I have nostalgia from, plus some other game that i played at my uncles where you're constantly running away from a big fat scary blob while dashing through multiple mazes in search for keys. i really wish i knew the title of this one, because it litterally scared the Shredder Sh** out of me when i was really young. :o

Wavari: Are you referring to Haunted House?

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,540. Posted:

@RyMondo

Nahh, i'm pretty sure that's not it. One of the biggest problems with Atari is that so many games can easily look a like due to the extremely limmited earth shattering graphics. :p Anyways! It's so coming to the NL's Retro Forum, considering it really is all sunshine and rainbows in comparison to the negative doom and gloom vibe that's constantly going on in the Wii U forum. :p It's almost like Sony fans are always on patrol around there.

Edited on by WaveBoy