Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,481 to 1,500 of 3,604

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,481. Posted:

@ogo79 Exactly. Like that I can play Super FX games as StarWing (Starfox), Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Doom, etc...

I bought a SNES game with the console!
http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/jaquettes/00035854/jaquette...

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89 & Drattak89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

1,482. Posted:

Dig dug for the atari 2600.
Also, do VC games count?

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,483. Posted:

MrArcade wrote:

Also, do VC games count?

Nope, actual cartridges or anything retro merchandise related! :p
I almost bought an atari 2600 yesterday....but I splurged in a bunch of other retro goodies instead which I'll post pictures of in a few. B-)

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,484. Posted:

MrArcade wrote:

Also, do VC games count?

You can post your latest VC purchases in this thread here.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/virtual_console/whats_the_...

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,485. Posted:

I just got a Retro Duo Portable. Nothing will beat playing my NES or SNES but for some on the go Elevator Action this is like The Gonnies finding One-Eyed Willie's treasure minus the death-defying adventure!

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,486. Posted:

@RynoNes
Oh man, that is Very Very Vanilla Ice Cool. How much did you pay for the little portable retro rasberry? :p
and as for my current little retro setup, i'm just not satisfyed with my Sony 20" Tube, it's just a bit too small for my retro-liking. 27" is perfect, which is where my brothers Samsung Slim Fit 27" CRT Tube(Came out in 08' I think) comes in. The problem? It's just not retro enough. :P I don't get that tingy nostalgic late 80's,early 90's feeling whenever i play on it. It's got to be an older school Tube to get my Mega juices pumpin! Hmmm, Vhat' to do.

And nice buys with Kick Master and Shatterhand. Kick Master looks totaly KickaLicious. The music playing during the first stage is the stuff of NES legends, Ryu Hayabusa would be a proud Gaiden indeed. Haven't had the chance to personally play Shatterhand, but i will someday as it's on the 'to get' List. B-) I'll list my recent retro goodies in a few if I'm feeling up to it. :p

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,487. Posted:

Shatterhand really went up lately.
I recall I bought a copy (cart and box only) from another collector for like $3 and shipping last year.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,488. Posted:

• Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)
    http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/00/80/57/ME0000805752_2.jpg
  • Terranigma (SNES)
    http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/00/80/51/ME0000805154_2.jpg

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,489. Posted:

@KingMike: Yeah, ShatterHand has seemed to take one of the mysterious jumps in price that is unexplainable for anyone outside of the Mystery Machine Scooby-Doo crew. I’m happy with my $20.00 including shipping price for a complete copy with the awesome box art and all.

@Dracolosse89: Nice buy on Terranigma! I wish that came out in North America.

@Wavania: The cheapest I found the RDP was here. I got it for $69.99 plus $7.00 for shipping. It doesn’t look like its available online anymore from that site. The cheapest I find it now is for around $88 including shipping on ebay. It will be nice to take with me when I am traveling for work. Most people are playing on either a Nintendo handheld, tablet, or phone and here I am with a hulking SNES or NES cartridge hanging out. :P
I hope you find the right TV situation for your retro gaming needs. I’m content at the moment at playing retro games on a non 27” CRT. But that’s not to say I won’t get one someday when I have enough space for the Legendary Ryno’s Retro Rumpus Room! B-)

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,490. Posted:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Limited Edition [PSOne] (cost me a whopping $71.99 :( )
Gunbird 2 [DC] (Heard lots of great things about it. Luckily I got it for just $25. I lost a bidding for a copy that ended at way more than that)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,491. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Limited Edition [PSOne] (cost me a whopping $71.99 :( )

Yikes. I didn't pay that much for the limited edition when it was new. For that kind of money you probably could have gotten the superior SEGA CD version of Lunar.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,492. Posted:

But then I'd have to buy a Sega CD. :P And it sounds like the PSOne version is actually better than the Sega CD version in nearly every way, at least from what I read. Guess I'll find out.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,493. Posted:

I thought you had a SEGA CD. The 32-bit version is better in two ways, it has more colors and an updated menu interface. The SEGA CD version has the better story and surprisingly higher quality music.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,494. Posted:

Here's my most recent retro purchase, which I received last night: TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventure for the Super Famicom
Untitled

For being a platformer spin-off based on what is largely a cute'em up series, it's not bad

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

1,495. Posted:

Sorta retro, I bought the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection for PS3 yesterday for £12. With 40 games that don't need to be unlocked, that's 30p a game, pretty sweet deal if you ask me :D

Tried out Phantasy Star II, Vectorman, Ecco the Dolphin and Dynamite Headdy so far, 36 games to go!

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,496. Posted:

a link to the past, SNES. i wanted the box and manual, so i paid $50 bucks. next, i'm getting super starwars: return of the jedi.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

1,497. Posted:

Atari 2600 games:
Pole Position
Super Breakout
Kangaroo
Combat
and Missile Command
Total cost: £17.08 - not bad

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

Scarhino89

1,498. Posted:

Skyblazer (SNES)
http://www.emuparadise.me/fup/up/35344-Skyblazer_%28Europe%29...

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,499. Posted:

You know me, I love Ninja games! :D Ninja Crusaders is not a very well known NES game but what Sammy games are? It has the dreaded one hit deaths. that separates the men from the Boyz n the Hood. The animal morphing sounds like a pretty cool and unique Tale_Spin_ for a platformer.
Untitled

One of Culture Brain's finest and an underrated NES classic from what I have read. So many game are underrated though, right? I have never played The Magic of Scheherazade but I remember seeing it in my guides and magazines back in the day and was always curious about it.
Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,500. Posted:

@Dracolosse89
thats a cool game indeed
@Ryno you are treading closer and closer to amagon. WaveBoy will be waiting for you at the game over screen when you get there. lol :o

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)