Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 4,850

RobbEJay

Found Donkey Kong Country for $9.50 at my local thrift store the other day. Compared to the virtual console and Amazon thats not too bad.

Not very recent but one of my best finds was about two years ago. Found a SNES complete with the cables and two controllers and Super Mario Allstars, along with Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past, Super Mario World, and Secret of Mana for $20 at the same place.

RobbEJay

NImH

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i just recently bought Mortal Kombat II on SNES on amazon!

I felt like such a when I bought that game back in the day... Little did I know that (unlike the Genesis version) it was family-friendified by Nintendo! Haha! I guess I was always just a Nintendo-nerd.
BTW: I friended you on 3DS! My FC is in my sig if you care to add.

Edited on by theblackdragon

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-2275-8578-8399 | 3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37 | Twitter:

KingMike

The first Mortal Kombat was the game that made Nintendo realize there is a place for games for mature audiences, so MKII was the first to keep the violence with a parental advisory notice on the box (as it was released two months before the ESRB ratings were first used).

KingMike

KAHN

NImH37 wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

I felt like such a badass when I bought that game back in the day... Little did I know that (unlike the Genesis version) it was family-friendified by Nintendo! Haha! I guess I was always just a Nintendo-nerd.

wait, wasn't the ORIGINAL MK on SNES "family-friendified"? i got the game in the mail, and everything was in tact, blood, fatalities, everything. also, you added me? OK XD. im not sure what to say to that, so i added you in return. im not sure what you're looking for though, im a pretty boring person XD

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Tasuki

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

NImH37 wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

I felt like such a badass when I bought that game back in the day... Little did I know that (unlike the Genesis version) it was family-friendified by Nintendo! Haha! I guess I was always just a Nintendo-nerd.

wait, wasn't the ORIGINAL MK on SNES "family-friendified"? i got the game in the mail, and everything was in tact, blood, fatalities, everything. also, you added me? OK XD. im not sure what to say to that, so i added you in return. im not sure what you're looking for though, im a pretty boring person XD

Yes it was the first MK that Nintendo censored by changing the blood to grey sweat and changed a bunch of the fatalities which is why the Genesis version outsold the NES version. Nintendo learned from that so when they released MKII they kept everything intact. Of course by that time they had the ratings on the games by than since that was one of the games (that and Nighttrap) that caused the formation of the ESRB.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KAHN

@Tasuki
let's not act like kids actually care about the ESR rating or not if they did, call of duty wouldnt be so popular

KAHN

KAHN

Mickeymac wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@Tasuki
let's not act like kids actually care about the ESR rating or not if they did, call of duty wouldnt be so popular

Kids weren't the ones censoring games.

but they sure are the people BUYING the games

KAHN

CanisWolfred

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

@Tasuki

Kids weren't the ones censoring games.

but they sure are the people BUYING the games

Actually, it's their parents buying them for the kids. Kids don't have incomes, you see.

EDIT: I forgot about allowences, but personally, I've never seen a kid under 15 unaccompanied at a Gamestop, or even a KMart, and buy a game. I've pretty much always seen them accompanied by an adult.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KAHN

@MickeyMac
what you say is true, i've never seen anyone under 15 without an adult either. but you see, uhh, ummm..
gets desperate to win argument
lets not act like parents know what their kids are playing these days! D: i know i could have bought an incredibly worse game than Mortal Kombat II when i was younger if i wanted, and my parents wouldn't even find out about the game until they actually see the game in action.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

CanisWolfred

That I won't bother arguing. Unless they're already an avid gamer, most parents don't know what's in a game or have even the slightest clue how to check for unsavory content. It's very sad, really. Hopefully our generation will be more responsible.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

Mickeymac wrote:

That I won't bother arguing. Unless they're already an avid gamer, most parents don't know what's in a game or have even the slightest clue how to check for unsavory content. It's very sad, really. Hopefully our generation will be more responsible.

Yep you some it up Mickey I have to agree with you.

As a parent of a gamer though I have to say I do pay attention on what he plays and that. I wont let him play say call of duty or GTA but I will let him play Batman Arkham City. Basically if its equivalent to a PG 13 rating I will let him play it. And he is 12 btw if that makes a difference.

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

As a parent of a gamer though I have to say I do pay attention on what he plays and that. I wont let him play say call of duty or GTA but I will let him play Batman Arkham City. Basically if its equivalent to a PG 13 rating I will let him play it. And he is 12 btw if that makes a difference.

Sounds like a good way to handle it. He is close enough to 13, after all. Also, I just realized Arkham Asylum is T rated. Never knew that before...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KAHN

Tasuki wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

you sir... i like you...

KAHN

RancidVomit86

Starfox Assault

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Tasuki

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

you sir... i like you...

Not quite sure if you are being sarcastic there or not. If your not apologize for thinking that you were.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic