Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 4,850

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

@Ryno
Crazy! I was just about to randomly download Shadow of the Ninja off of the Wii's VC last night before even seeing this, but i checked out Nintendo Life's review along with Nintendo Power's negative comment towards it, and read the luke warm reader comments and passed on it. Maybe i should justgo in with an open mind and see for myself if this is really is a Gnarly Gaiden or a Ninja Nasty. Have you played Shinobi III for the Genesis? It's on the Wii's VC and apperantly aside from Gaiden I and II it's one of thee' best Ninja Games around in Toobular Toon town. Shinob of coursei is nowhere near as cool as Ryu Hayabusa, but eh...As far as ninja gaming goes he's probably the next best thing.

Regarding Shadow of the Ninja, I think it is pretty fun. The real challenge in this one as opposed to Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 is that you only have 5 continues (which are actually lives). I would love to try out the co-op with someone sometime. Overall it's a simplistic game but quite a challenge due to the limited lives. The music is great and they graphics are just alright. Gameplay is pretty tight though and playing as a Ninja is always fun. at least for me. I would say download if you are looking to test your Ninja skills. If you don't download it it will not be a big loss, though having a physical complete copy i$ nice.

I have Shinobi III on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3 and I have tried it out a little bit but to be honest I wasn't a big fan of it and I don't think I'm a real fan of Genesis games in general either. To me, there just seems to be some quality missing form them. I don't know, maybe it's just the 12 year old kid that loved the SNES still in me. Anyway, I didn't like the throwing ninja stars and use your sword when up close Joe Musashi style. Maybe I just had to give it more time. I suspect I will give it another chance sometime, but eh, no rush..

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Tasuki

Man o man just done one hell of a retro purchase here. A complete NES system the one that came with the Power Pad completely sealed still for 30 bucks.

Here is a pic of it I found online of the set I am talking about since I dont know how to post my own pics from my phone.

Untitled

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HandheldGuru97

Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town for $10
and
Arcade Classics Asteroids and Missile Command for $5 at Play N Trade.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

ogo79

just got a sealed copy of double dragon advance, if its not retro i just turned it retro

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Mk_II

factory sealed NFL Quarterback Club 99 for N64

Untitled

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Ryno

Tasuki: Congrats dude, that is one Mega find! Now is it a MC Hammer To Legit To Quit factory seal or a Foot Clan reseal? Man, I would be so tempted to open a brand new NES system! Contact me when you find stuff like that, I will pay you daily double on deals like that. Oh, and use tinypic.com to host your own pics. It's easy cheese.

Nice find there as well OGO-GO. I still need a copy of that one. I would consider it retro, after all it's Double Dragon for Bimmy's sake!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

@Ryno: I think it might be a factory seal although with those sealing machines that they have now adays I wouldn't be too surprised if it is a reseal. Half of me wants to open it up and see if it is the legit thing or a box full of junk but the other half of me wants to keep it sealed. Ah well maybe I will let it stew for awhile.

As for finding stuff like that I work at a Goodwill so I see alot of that stuff all the time. If you are interested you can go to shopgoodwill.com I think it is and they have all kinds of stuff from across the nation for sale. Heck the other day I was bidding on a box full of SNES games from there with some of the titles being Aladdin, Super Mario RPG, The Adventures of Batman and Robin, and SUper Double Dragon just to name a few. Sadly I was out bidded at the last moment. I am not sure what the winning bid was but my last bid was $45.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki: Congrats dude, that is one Mega find! Now is it a MC Hammer To Legit To Quit factory seal or a Foot Clan reseal? Man, I would be so tempted to open a brand new NES system! Contact me when you find stuff like that, I will pay you daily double on deals like that. Oh, and use tinypic.com to host your own pics. It's easy cheese.

Nice find there as well OGO-GO. I still need a copy of that one. I would consider it retro, after all it's Double Dragon for Bimmy's sake!

the dd gba is going for 21$ with free shipping, sealed. i recently got all 3 castlevania ds games sealed too. i plan on getting the rest of my handheld games asap

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

@WaveNinja: Shadow of the Ninja sounds like the game you are currently looking for then! It’s a quick and simplistic classic 8-bit NES challenge indeed. I can get to the final boss but I have yet to beat it. I end up not having enough remaining lives/continues and than get the nasty McDonald’s Hamburglar game over screen. I am curious to know your thoughts on it though I have an Icarus inkling on what you will think because most of the time we are usually in agreement on including about the whole the Genesis “quality” factor.

Here are a couple of my latest:

Totally Rad or Totally Bad? Doesn’t matter because this one oozes 80’s surfer lingo and steeze like no other mother on this planet!
Untitled

One of the coolest NES boxes without a doubt.
Untitled

Nothing silly about this next one. It needs no introduction to any retro gamer because this one will never be terminated.
Untitled

What Sunsoft managed to produce with the soundtrack to Journey to Silius is just outstanding!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

@Ryno
lol i beat totally rad awhile back, still on the fence about it. its beatable but some of the magic is useless as they admit in the game. you are told some of the magic is "bogus" i believe lol

the_shpydar wrote:

holchasaur

Buddy of mine picked up "Congo's Capers" for the SNES a few days ago and we spent some time playing that. Pretty fun platformer - similar to "Joe & Mac." I've also stumbled onto an NES game called "Legacy of the Wizard" and it is insane. I can't believe how large/confusing the world is.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

Mieu-Fire

Mickeymac wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

my gamestop started selling classic games well just N64 and ps1 so i picked up some 64 games
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
hey you pikachu(its a retarded game but its a fun game i like to cuss at the pikachu xD)
mario kart 64
banjo tooie
conker bad fur day(like one of the best games i played on th 64 in my opinion)
and diddy kong racing (much better then the DS version in my opinion)

How much did all that come to? Because a lot of those are heavily sought after games, especially Goemon...

in total it came to 57 dollars but it was worth it

MANGO

HandheldGuru97

A Teal Gameboy Color in rough condition with Donkey Kong '94 and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets from a kid at school all for a grand total of 21.50. Now all need to do is buy a replacement screen. Anyone know were to buy one for ultra cheap?

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
Backloggery

DeMoN-13ruce

finaly found out where i can buy eshop cards in my village....

gonna buy dillons rollig western zelda awakening and those warioland titles

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

Mieu-Fire

Square-enixFan wrote:

A Teal Gameboy Color in rough condition with Donkey Kong '94 and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets from a kid at school all for a grand total of 21.50. Now all need to do is buy a replacement screen. Anyone know were to buy one for ultra cheap?

-.- you got to be kidding me you bought a GBC in rough condition you should have not even bothered with it and went to ebay or Play N Trade to buy one

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Spagem

GameBoy Player, Metroid Zero Mission, and a GameCube. I just ordered them today.

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

HandheldGuru97

@mieu-fire
It still runs fine its just not up to my standards. It just needs a new screen because the current one is heavily scratched near the top right side of it. Plus it is my 2nd Gameboy Color I have another one this I bought because A. It came with Donkey '94 and B. I plan I reselling one of them one day.

Backloggery

KAHN

i just recently bought Mortal Kombat II on SNES on amazon!

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Iceberg

Resident Evil 0 for $25. Not the best deal but I've been looking for it for a while.

Iceberg

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic