Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,441 to 1,460 of 3,449

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,441. Posted:

Well, it looks like the Atari 2600 won't be the last Retro console that I'll be shredder-scoring off of eBay after all...I have to have that Magnavox Odyssey at once! :p

And Nice buy RyChocula MM5 is probably one of the best pick up and play Mega Man games in the franchise, but that's most likely due to it's luke warm middle ground easy breezy difficulty. Does anybody else remember that Nintendo power issue with the Mega Man fan-made Art contest including the review of MMV? Hilarious how 4 of those kids idea's came to be in future Mega Man releases. :p Clown, Frost, Blade, and Magic man seem to ring an 'obvious' bell.

Untitled
Untitled

I always used to think Starman was such a bad a** and the music playing during his stage is possibly the most memorable and standout track in the And Speaking of Star man...

Untitled
Starman's Bio:
"Star Man is a Robot Master created by Doctor Albert Wily for space combat. He is a romanticist that enjoys watching opera and musicals. He dreams of traveling deep into the space with a lover" :p

But yup! I can't wait to see his inevitable appearance in the new Mega Man comic book series hehe...I'm not a big comic book fan, but the new MM comic book series is all sorts of Awesome-amazing. :D Anyways, didn't you mention that you've beaten both 3 & 4? Ya, MM5 will be a total Ice cream-cake walk in comparison. Just sit back, and enjoy the relaxing & soothing mellow chip tunes while you make quick work of Wily's easiest set of Robot masters yet! :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,442. Posted:

@Waveboy
guess they will never use the one i sent in, Man Man.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,443. Posted:

@Waveboy: HAHA yep I totally remember that contest I must have sent in five myself lol.

And its time for yet another retro purchase brought to you by my local Goodwill. Got a Gamecube with the GBA Player attached for 10 dollars. Not sure how much the GB player goes for but I figured 10 bucks wasnt that bad of a deal. I didnt need the Gamecube since I still have mine and the one I got was all covered in funky Pokemon, Yughio, and someother kiddie anime stickers so I just might send the GC back to Goodwill without the player. B-) SO now I can play my GBA games on the big screen.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,444. Posted:

Did it include the boot disc? The GB Player without the boot disc is worth about $10. Maybe another $10 for a used disc.
Or in NA, you might still be able to order a new disc from Nintendo for about $15.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,445. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Did it include the boot disc? The GB Player without the boot disc is worth about $10. Maybe another $10 for a used disc.
Or in NA, you might still be able to order a new disc from Nintendo for about $15.

Yep it was in the GC.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

1,446. Posted:

Do VC games on Wii VC count!??!??! :D (low and noobish sound voice) I gonna try to get some more gamecube games... i kinda feel in a mood 4 retro gaming... thats gonna be 2 gen back next year! Maybe somebody wants to get rid of their copies of classic GCN games? Not sure but i'll try

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,447. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

Do VC games on Wii VC count!??!??! :D (low and noobish sound voice) I gonna try to get some more gamecube games... i kinda feel in a mood 4 retro gaming... thats gonna be 2 gen back next year! Maybe somebody wants to get rid of their copies of classic GCN games? Not sure but i'll try

you can put your vc purchases here: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/virtual_console/whats_the_...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,448. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

@Waveboy
guess they will never use the one i sent in, Man Man.

[/div]

A Brilliant idea that not even the poor Saps at Capcom could even dream of. :p
I'd personally love to see a Turantula Man, Shark man, or Rainbow man(ya i know both are in a fan made Mega Man Nes sequal but it's fan made and nothing more) Maybe something inspired by Shade man's Halloween based stage in MM7. Give us Ghost man capcom!

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,449. Posted:

Wasn't Shark Man in one of the two DOS games? (unless that's the one you were referring to, though that's not a fan-made game, but commercially-released game licensed by Capcom)
Also non-canon Wave Man and Blade Man.
Oh, looks like Oil Man is also another boss that was reborn as an official boss.
So that's three of the six bosses in that unofficial game that got reused in official games. :D

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Reala

1,450. Posted:

this
Untitled

has froze on me a few times worryingly though there isn't a single scratch on the disk so not sure if its just a bit glitchy or something :/ fun when it works though

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

RogertheDumplin

1,451. Posted:

An SNES with Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby's Dream Course, Yoshis Island, Yoshis Cookie, and Madden 96.

RogertheDumplin

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

1,452. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

[/div]

you can put your vc purchases here: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/virtual_console/whats_the_...

Sorry

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,453. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

Sorry

no biggie, just trying to help lol

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,454. Posted:

Picked up 2 refurbbed N64 controllers for 12 dollars. Now I can have 4 player GoldenEye death matches :D

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,455. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Wasn't Shark Man in one of the two DOS games? (unless that's the one you were referring to, though that's not a fan-made game, but commercially-released game licensed by Capcom)
Also non-canon Wave Man and Blade Man.
Oh, looks like Oil Man is also another boss that was reborn as an official boss.
So that's three of the six bosses in that unofficial game that got reused in official games. :D

[/div]

Looks like Shark man is definitly legit! The two Mega Man DOS games look awful. They make Dr. Wily's Revenge look like a mega masterpiece(actually i enjoyed it quite a bit! even if it didn't perfectly recapture it's MM1 console brother in terms of gameplay/control.

Blade man was originally in this DOS MM game as well, and he got the remake treatment in MM10 so thre's still hope if Capcom ever decides to finally dip back into the classic franchise and give us MM11. And i completely forgot about Oil man who made his apperance in MM Powered Up. Him along with Time man(was it?) were original supposed to be in MM1 for the NES but got scrapped due to size limitations based on what i heard. How was 'Powered up' btw? I guess I'll never know considering i have absolutely NO desire to even get a PSP....what a scary thought. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,456. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I've kind of wondered why 5 seems to be the most expensive (at least cart-only), more than 1 and 6.
I'm going to guess 1 is the most expensive CIB?

I too have wondered why MM 5 rivals the original in price, more closely cart only. 5 CIB goes for around $80-90 while the original usually goes for $120+ I would say.

ogo79 wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Also, a CIB (former rental) Kendo Rage for SNES.

hey i got kendo rage too, nice to see someone else knows about it

What are your thoughts on Kendo Rage? Worth picking up?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,457. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Well, it looks like the Atari 2600 won't be the last Retro console that I'll be shredder-scoring off of eBay after all...I have to have that Magnavox Odyssey at once! :p

And Nice buy RyChocula MM5 is probably one of the best pick up and play Mega Man games in the franchise, but that's most likely due to it's luke warm middle ground easy breezy difficulty. Does anybody else remember that Nintendo power issue with the Mega Man fan-made Art contest including the review of MMV? Hilarious how 4 of those kids idea's came to be in future Mega Man releases. :p Clown, Frost, Blade, and Magic man seem to ring an 'obvious' bell.

But yup! I can't wait to see his inevitable appearance in the new Mega Man comic book series hehe...I'm not a big comic book fan, but the new MM comic book series is all sorts of Awesome-amazing. :D Anyways, didn't you mention that you've beaten both 3 & 4? Ya, MM5 will be a total Ice cream-cake walk in comparison. Just sit back, and enjoy the relaxing & soothing mellow chip tunes while you make quick work of Wily's easiest set of Robot masters yet! :p

I don't know if you are quite ready for the Odyssey. You must work your way up to it first by proving your worth with the 2600! B-)

I have only completed MM 1-3. Haven't started 4 yet. Someday! I should look for that Robot Masters contest in my old Nintendo Power as I don't remember it. Dial Man should definitely be used in MM11! :P

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,458. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

i like how the game looks and the quirky direction they took with it. im glad theres a level select code to come back to later on because ive heard its a tough one. plus its an obscure one, so that makes it even better for me. any games like the valis series gets bought. i also liked el viento for genesis. did you ever check out shatterhand?

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Pichuka97

1,459. Posted:

Killer Instinct, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and Wolverine Adamantium Rage for SNES.

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,460. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

i like how the game looks and the quirky direction they took with it. im glad theres a level select code to come back to later on because ive heard its a tough one. plus its an obscure one, so that makes it even better for me. any games like the valis series gets bought. i also liked el viento for genesis. did you ever check out shatterhand?

Thanks for the recommendations. I will look out for the Valis games along with Kendo Rage and El Viento. I really want Run Saber though!

I recently did get a copy of ShatterHand. Hope to try it out and dish out some knuckle sandwiches soon!
Untitled

Those shades are just killer.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery