Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,401 to 1,420 of 3,331

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,401. Posted:

@RynoShredder

Everytime i see that massive Earthbound SNES box it brings back so many mega memories. :D Do you remember the Earthbound Scratch 'n sniff Nintendo Power Magazine(or were they cards, can't remember exactly.)? And while Nostalgia for this wonderful classic surges through my veins like Pee Wee Herman's obsession with giant tin foil balls i never played too much of it, once again I used to watch my friend play it which could be said for Super Metroid, Final Fantasy III and Zelda ALTTP as well. sigh* :p I guess I was just too into Action,(Mario, Mega Man ect) and a bit anti-exploration where as turn based combat did absolutely nothing for me.

And man, can you switch those grey bars on the side of screen to black on your plasma when viewing full screen content? My Older LG plasma didn't have the option and i found it impossible to enjoy anything fullscreen with those funkin' light grey bars on the side. :p And how do retro games hold out on the 59"er? I've noticed both on my Plasma and LCD that there's this weird grainy/background distorting effect whenever the background scrolls for sidescrollers. Wii VC games work perfectly fine and don't have this provlem but hooking an actual NES up(haven't tried my SNES) wasn't a good experience. But I've got a 20" Sony Tube from 1992, so I'm set! B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,402. Posted:

@Ryno
haha i know how much you payed for it :)
get the battery changed before you start your quest for petes sake.
if you have any questions on this game or need help holler at me.
welcome to the earthbound cib club, where waiting for a virtual console release is not a reality.

Edited on by ogo79

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,403. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@RynoShredder Everytime i see that massive Earthbound SNES box it brings back so many mega memories. :D Do you remember the Earthbound Scratch 'n sniff Nintendo Power Magazine(or were they cards, can't remember exactly.)? And while Nostalgia for this wonderful classic surges through my veins like Pee Wee Herman's obsession with giant tin foil balls i never played too much of it, once again I used to watch my friend play it which could be said for Super Metroid, Final Fantasy III and Zelda ALTTP as well. sigh* :p I guess I was just too into Action,(Mario, Mega Man ect) and a bit anti-exploration where as turn based combat did absolutely nothing for me.
And man, can you switch those grey bars on the side of screen to black on your plasma when viewing full screen content? My Older LG plasma didn't have the option and i found it impossible to enjoy anything fullscreen with those funkin' light grey bars on the side. :p And how do retro games hold out on the 59"er? I've noticed both on my Plasma and LCD that there's this weird grainy/background distorting effect whenever the background scrolls for sidescrollers. Wii VC games work perfectly fine and don't have this provlem but hooking an actual NES up(haven't tried my SNES) wasn't a good experience. But I've got a 20" Sony Tube from 1992, so I'm set! B-)

The Earthbound Player's Guide that originally came with it had 6 scratch and sniff cards which I have but they are no longer attached which stinks. I think Nintendo Power had a Itchy and Scratchy and sniff advertisement in the mag though. By the way, you really need to get around to A Link to the Past and Super Metroid.

Those grey bars are there to stay unfortunately though it doesn't bother me to much. I don't get distracted by them with my Ryu Hayabusa laser focus. I haven't experienced any other issues with my NES or Super though. MetalStorm is a good test for "scrolling" and I think that and the other games I have tried for my NES and Super all look pretty good on the 59er actually though not as good as a CRT.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,404. Posted:

Just got .hack//Mutation and .hack//Outbreak for for the PS2 for $12 each. These are games that regularly go for $30 each, so I really lucked out. Unfortunately, I may not have such luck for .hack//Quarantine, which regularly goes for over $50...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,405. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

@Ryno haha i know how much you payed for it :)
welcome to the earthbound cib club, where waiting for a virtual console release is not a reality.

I know I should get that battery changed, I need to find a store that will do it. I would normally try it but I don't want to mess Earthbound up. Did you know there are fake Earthbound carts out there according to Earthbound Central? I opened up mine to make sure it was legit. I will holla at a playa if I have questions.
Thanks for welcoming me to the Earthbound CIB Club! :D Love the motto! :P

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,406. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@Ryno haha i know how much you payed for it :)

[/div]

I know I should get that battery changed, I need to find a store that will do it. I would normally try it but I don't want to mess Earthbound up. Did you know there are fake Earthbound carts out there according to Earthbound Central? I opened up mine to make sure it was legit. I will holla at a playa if I have questions.
Thanks for welcoming me to the Earthbound CIB Club! :D Love the motto! :P

yeah i know theres fake eb carts, i seen a fake pal one too. i also seen one with new "artwork" for the label on ebay if you can believe that or not. i pretty much read everything in the world about the earthbound series lol. im sure you know, theres a couple checkpoints the game makes to assure you arent playing a fake cart. its pretty rare to get a fake one though. ive had 4 copies myself and they werent fake. someone tried to make a fake Flintstones 2 and got owned for it as well. the eb/mother series is one of the most interesting there really is.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,407. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Unfortunately, I may not have such luck for .hack//Quarantine, which regularly goes for over $50...

Yup, just saw an Ebay copy go from $6 to $40 is a few hours. And it still has 6 days to go.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,408. Posted:

@Ryno, literally I'm so jealous right now. You're so lucky! EarthBound is amazing! :D

Anyways, I just got this today.

Untitled

I'm prepared to face a very difficult challenge ._.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,409. Posted:

@Ryno: OMG!!!! Nice job there Ryno and getting the CIB with the strat guide as well. I am afraid to ask what you paid for it. Another reason I am glad I held on to my copy all these years and as Ogo said welcome to the club.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,410. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

someone tried to make a fake Flintstones 2 and got owned for it as well. the eb/mother series is one of the most interesting there really is.

I just laughed when I saw a Flintstones 2 bootleg Famicom cart go for over $90 (there is no legit FC version). I can understand buying a bootleg for a game that's unreasonably expensive to get a legit (I know that sounds subjective, but I think quadruple the original selling price, or more, is fair to consider "unreasonably expensive"?) but people shouldn't pay near legit price for it.

I remember reading about Sapphire for the PCE-CD. Sounds like collectors weren't so mad about bootlegs being sold cheaper, it's just that sellers weren't honest (if they knew) about them being bootlegs. That's what, $500 for a real one?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,411. Posted:

Sapphire was a fun game, btw. I'm super sad Hudson went out before we got that one. Only major PCE game we're missing out on, IMO.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,412. Posted:

@Kingmike
im sure you know about this:
Untitled
magical chase is pretty rare too

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,413. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@Ryno, literally I'm so jealous right now. You're so lucky! EarthBound is amazing! :D
Anyways, I just got this today. Untitled
I'm prepared to face a very difficult challenge ._.

You can handle it as long as you have half a memory. The most difficult challenge of the game is the Kraid's Lair like maze passwords.

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno: OMG!!!! Nice job there Ryno and getting the CIB with the strat guide as well. I am afraid to ask what you paid for it. Another reason I am glad I held on to my copy all these years and as Ogo said welcome to the club.

Thanks Tasuki. You are lucky indeed for holding on to your original copy especially if its in good condition. :) I just started it so I am in Twoson now and I wonder how much I am really going to like it. RPG’s are not my favorite genre but any respectable retro gamer has to play it. :P

KingMike wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

someone tried to make a fake Flintstones 2 and got owned for it as well. the eb/mother series is one of the most interesting there really is.

I just laughed when I saw a Flintstones 2 bootleg Famicom cart go for over $90 (there is no legit FC version). I can understand buying a bootleg for a game that's unreasonably expensive to get a legit (I know that sounds subjective, but I think quadruple the original selling price, or more, is fair to consider "unreasonably expensive"?) but people shouldn't pay near legit price for it.

What is with all the fake Famicom games showing up on Ebay? I saw that Flinstones Famicom cart and it just made me laugh too.

Retro gaming/collecting is getting more and more expensive all the time but so is the nature of the Mana Beast.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,414. Posted:

Lookie what just arrived in the mail...Romancing SaGa and Unlimited SaGa. I was only supposed to get Romancing SaGa, though. Guess I'll have to talk to the seller about this, but I have a feeling it was on purpose, since no one wants Unlimited SaGa...

EDIT: BTW, just so everyome knows, Sapphire is on the Genki Ojousama Yuna Collection. It's very rare, though, but not nearly as expensive as the TG-CD version.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,415. Posted:

I remember once buying some Super Famicom game (I actually forgot which one it was) and strangely getting a Japanese PS1 demo disc of some Ultraman fighting game, with the game I ordered. I'm guessing that was probably also not worth much. :D
(though I also once ordered some SFC game and got an extra loose game, some board game called Tower Dream that also looks to be pretty low value, but the seller left a note in the package saying it was a bonus game.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,416. Posted:

dark-insanity wrote:

Untitled got these at a yard sale,now they are up on my wall

[/div]

what in green hell...
that does not count as Battle Beasts

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,417. Posted:

@dark-insanity: very nice, but please, let's keep this thread to retro game purchases, since that's the spirit of the discussion :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

1,418. Posted:

Mario Golf for the Gameboy Color.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Crystalking18

1,419. Posted:

Well I know it's not technically retro, but it is last gen so I think it somewhat counts, but I just bought Persona 3 and 4.

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,420. Posted:

My retro purchase was a complete Magnavox Odyssey system. Complete with the score cards and everything. Got it for 25 bucks at my local Goodwill not sure what I will do with it but I couldnt pass it up.

And just in case you have no idea what I am talking about I am talking about this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnavox_Odyssey

Edited on by theblackdragon

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311